Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 58  All

Author Topic: Mafia 82: Speed-Dating Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Win!  (Read 129165 times)

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 82: Speed-Dating Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #550 on: June 10, 2016, 10:44:25 am »

The question didn't minimize scum info in the slightest.

vote: haddock

You are so wrong in the scummiest of ways
If you really believe this then one of two things is true:
A) you have not thought enough about it.
B) you are somehow completely certain that RR is town. Now how could that be the case?
vote: gkrieg

Haddock feels like scum flailing about trying to get a wagon on a townie to stick. "If they won't think x is scummy, maybe they'll go after y."
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: June 10, 2016, 11:16:59 am »

B) you are somehow completely certain that RR is town. Now how could that be the case?

Wrong. I've definitely thought enough about it.

I don't have to believe that RR is town. He actually feels a little bit off.
If you don't know for certain that RR is town, then Faust's original question is absolutely the best one that could have been asked, given the circumstances.  That much should be absolutely clear to anyone who is paying enough attention.

Haddock feels like scum flailing about trying to get a wagon on a townie to stick. "If they won't think x is scummy, maybe they'll go after y."
You've seen my play as scum.  Does this really sound like the sort of thing I would do?

I'm at work right now, but needed to respond to those two things, because they're both completely ridiculous.  More to say later.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: June 10, 2016, 11:20:27 am »

Tonight is the first evening I'll have had in a while where I can focus purely on mafia games, so hopefully I'll have useful stuff to say.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: June 10, 2016, 11:20:36 am »

If you don't know for certain that RR is town, then Faust's original question is absolutely the best one that could have been asked, given the circumstances.  That much should be absolutely clear to anyone who is paying enough attention.

??? I was under the impression that my question was particularly relevant if RR is town, since if RR is scum, the scum already knows what's up.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: June 10, 2016, 11:27:21 am »

??? I was under the impression that my question was particularly relevant if RR is town, since if RR is scum, the scum already knows what's up.
The only bad case is if RR is scum AND they are not lovers.  In that case, Joseph was dead as soon as he softclaimed.  So your question made no difference.
If RR is scum and they are lovers, RR has learnt nothing and scum can't kill Joseph anyway.
So the only situation in which scum have gained useful information is the case where RR is town.  Does that make this clear enough to everyone?  Fuck's sake, I thought Faust understood this at least since he posed the fucking question.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: June 10, 2016, 11:35:30 am »

The only bad case is if RR is scum AND they are not lovers.  In that case, Joseph was dead as soon as he softclaimed.  So your question made no difference.
If RR is scum and they are lovers, RR has learnt nothing and scum can't kill Joseph anyway.
So the only situation in which scum have gained useful information is the case where RR is town.  Does that make this clear enough to everyone?  Fuck's sake, I thought Faust understood this at least since he posed the fucking question.

Scum has gained that information when Joseph softclaimed anyway. My question only aimed at not giving scum more information than they already had. No need for strong language.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: June 10, 2016, 11:44:45 am »

Scum has gained that information when Joseph softclaimed anyway. My question only aimed at not giving scum more information than they already had. No need for strong language.
And it succeeded in doing so.  That's my whole point. 
iguana and gkrieg haven't thought things through carefully enough to realise this and have decided I'm scummy for saying it.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: June 10, 2016, 11:48:39 am »

I'm not voting you for that. I'm voting you for your OMGUS on Gkrieg.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: June 10, 2016, 11:48:48 am »

and a bunch of other things.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: June 10, 2016, 11:59:46 am »

Hey, the whole party is here! No significant wagons at all have been formed so far in this game to my knowledge.

Interesting evidence in a nutshell:
-Faust is likely town
-Joseph is likely PR

Anything else I'm missing?

RR and I are likely town aswell

I shall reread now.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: June 10, 2016, 12:03:58 pm »

I thought lovers formed after N1 randomly when we chose new partners, I'll have to reread the set-up.

Hey, the whole party is here! No significant wagons at all have been formed so far in this game to my knowledge.

Interesting evidence in a nutshell:
-Faust is likely town
-Joseph is likely PR

Anything else I'm missing?

RR and I are likely town aswell

I shall reread now.

RR is less than likely town, but better than null. I guess that would be slightly likely town. And there's no way in hell you're likely town beyond reasonable doubt.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: June 10, 2016, 12:05:10 pm »

No, there are no limitations on lovers.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: June 10, 2016, 12:30:17 pm »

I will be catching up here tonight.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: June 10, 2016, 12:36:34 pm »

I'm not voting you for that. I'm voting you for your OMGUS on Gkrieg.
It wasn't OMGUS. 
He made a deduction which was only correct on the assumption that RR is town, and thus revealed that he has more knowledge than he should have.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: June 10, 2016, 12:44:37 pm »

Notable things

- The Joseph claiming to be crazy thing
- The RR votes seem much less climactic upon reread. ADK votes faust for them, though.
- I had forgotten about ced's case on faust after his back and forth with ADK
- Awaclus still has a bird trapped in his avatar

I think we might want to look for scum on the early faust wagon. It consists of Seprix, Awaclus, igu. Igu I have already ruled out, so Seprix or Awaclus maybe.

- Haddock speaks the sense

Or gkrieg (to the lynch pool). This is just... so easy to fake.

Well if they use that QT as proxy daychat when they have daychat in the first place?  Why would you leave your other partner out of the conversation?

Not a bad point, but making it could be a scum tell.

Oh okay he concedes that it might be a slip, actually

I agree that noticing the QT in the speccy is a little bit bigger of a deal than I originally thought

Nvm all that then, this is towny. Scum would be more likely to remain in disagreement I believe.

And I don't like ADK, either. too spiky. scum would be more likely to avoid confrontation.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: June 10, 2016, 12:47:58 pm »

More posts... nothing big

Awaclus jumps on igu. Previously he jumped on faust. Both are towny.

vote: Awaclus... for now.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: June 10, 2016, 12:51:13 pm »

I could lynch Awaclus. It couldn't possibly end likeit did last time... right?  ;D

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: June 10, 2016, 12:54:42 pm »

Seprix seems town

Not sure why I did this. I think it has something to do with his latest defense? I'd replace him with ced.

Ugh, this reread was disappointing. So few useful things.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: June 10, 2016, 12:55:05 pm »

Awaclus, explain to me why you're town please.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: June 10, 2016, 12:55:42 pm »

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: June 10, 2016, 01:09:33 pm »

Have you reread me, SS? Ced is also an interesting reread, you might be able to see something I could not.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: June 10, 2016, 01:09:58 pm »

I reread the entire game.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: June 10, 2016, 01:10:46 pm »

I reread the entire game.

...right. I don't know the correct course of action. I'm here to help, at any rate.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: June 10, 2016, 01:17:39 pm »

Part of me thinks a game with lots of townreads and no scumreads is a good time to lynch Jimmm or Awaclus, but then I think I might just be lazy.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: June 10, 2016, 01:23:34 pm »

So all QTs will be available to be read at the end of the day? That is where the bulk of our information is going to be, hopefully. We could just lynch a lurker, but I know for a fact that Jimmmmm is busy. Awaclus seems okay, but couldn't we do better?
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 58  All

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 21 queries.