Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 58  All

Author Topic: Mafia 82: Speed-Dating Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Win!  (Read 129216 times)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 82: Speed-Dating Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #450 on: June 09, 2016, 10:20:58 am »

267: Doesn't really mention the Awaclus vote thing at all while justifying his earlier position on the faust wagon. I think I asked him about this and he didn't answer.

I answered this above. I think aloud. It was a little overly dramatic, but that's me.

214: Another waffly post. Defends Iguana from Haddock's case ("playing like Awaclus"), then agreeing (?) that he doesn't like iguana's stance. I don't think Haddock's statement mentioned iguana's stances at all, though, so I'd like to know what Seprix means here.

1. Haddock IS making a comment on Iguana's stance by saying he does not like his 'scummy vibe'. In another game, Iguana said he wanted to play a lot more like Awaclus (don't ask me why), and I assumed that this was a continuation of that meta.

2. I was not for an Iguana lynch, but I can still dislike aspects of his play, especially what he did.

You criticize me for moving, then you criticize me for not moving.

342: "Playing like Awaclus" is now "playing like scum." Even though he previously defended iguana by saying he's "playing like Awaclus". On top of that this is jarring, to attack the iguana votes, especially after expressing suspicion in 214.

This feels like some sort of misunderstanding, or maybe you're being dishonest and forcing some lame case. I hate votes without any sort of case unless it is easily implied. There is no connection at all between my comments of Iguana playing like Awalcus and someone else voting like him. Sorry. It sucks, I know.

I stated Iguana was playing like Awaclus as a devil's advocate, because that's what he's been doing in the past. It was defending him, sure, but I still said I didn't like his play. And then much later, those two vote for Iguana, and do not state their reasons. I don't like that. I like to see reasons for things. The votes are terrible to me because there is no reasoning. Get me?

You keep mentioning an Awaclus thing. What on earth do you mean?

Your vote on me is understandable, but mistaken. I will begin my reread on you now.

So Joseph, answer this: Is one of the following true?

A) You are the Doctor.
B) You are a lover.

Also this is an awful question.

I wholeheartedly agree.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: June 09, 2016, 10:33:07 am »

Ced is going to be tricky to read. The main thing about ced, and I've noticed this before, but he says it here himself:

This is how I usually play [asking questions a lot and not giving as many reads early on, replying to Haddock]. I like to hear people's thought processes and don't really like to proceed when I don't understand them.
Ced has been 100% consistent so far, mainly asking questions, with the sole exception of his reads list earlier today. I will look deeply into that, but a lot of his early game stuff is rock solid in terms of his stated meta, so I don't expect to find much to critique.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: June 09, 2016, 10:40:52 am »

So I need to be more active and coordinate my votes better.

Joseph: Who are your scumreads? Why?

Everyone else: Is it scummy to claim town in your personal QT? Is it scummy to do it twice? Three times? Should the doctor claim if he is confident his date is town?

Oh no. I just noticed this. Joseph softclaims doctor/lover/whatever because of Faust's awful question, and RR also did it much before with this brilliant post. What a headache.

I'm reading ced's reads carefully, and it's interesting stuff. Ced gives thoughtful commentary, and reads between the lines in ways I have not considered before. If I was a teacher, I'd give him an A+ in his critical thinking department. And as I predicted, there aren't many holes to discover. Once the lynches start happening, then I can more accurately assess ced, but for now, he's playing a very pro-town game.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: June 09, 2016, 10:45:55 am »

so this game?

faust seems town
RR seems town
igu seems town
Seprix seems town

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: June 09, 2016, 10:46:21 am »

Joseph has softclaimed

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: June 09, 2016, 10:48:48 am »

leaving gkrieg, Jimmmmm, ADK, Awaclus, Haddock, ced

is Jimmm really in this game?
Awaclus is its usual self.
ced is a curiosity. His latest reads post seems non trivial to fabricate, at least

gotta look at gkrieg and Haddock and ADK

ced

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: June 09, 2016, 12:08:27 pm »

I edit my posts after writing a lot, and I cannot do that in Mafia for obvious reasons. So I end up posting very little content over a longer stream. Maybe that's not a good habit to have, who knows.

Alright.

Quote from: Seprix
I'm thinking out loud. Just because a reason (from ADK) is bad doesn't mean that Faust wasn't scum at the time. Yes, I'm 'hedging my bets', because I want to be open to options. I don't want to commit completely unless I am positive about something. Every time I commit, I end up getting screwed and then I have to switch, then oh look at Seprix, he's a flip-flopper. You cannot tell me you keep your reads 100% of the time. That would be foolish if you were not open to other options.

I did start my case off by explaining what I thought might be a "bad post" playstyle from you. I perhaps should have explained it better (I reviewed your posts last and was a bit fatigued by that stage so I maybe didn't get my point quite across), but this basically means that you'll make posts that look bad but aren't always indicative of your alignment. Now, the above is a townie motive for making post 166, though I had considered that there could be (and did posit one in my review post, though the above is a better one, to be honest). What is more interesting is which motive (scum or town) makes sense with the rest of your posts.
The issue here is that in 166 you say that you don't like faust's Awaclus vote (151). However, in 267 (where you explain why you made post 165 and later voted faust), you didn't mention your issue with the Awaclus vote. It seemed like a very prudent time to bring that up (since it demonstrates you were suspicious of faust at a time where he suggests you were defending him). But you didn't, which makes me think it (not liking the vote on Awaclus) was just something you said at the time to keep the faust option open and didn't play a part in your perception of the stance you took on ADK vs faust.

1. Haddock IS making a comment on Iguana's stance by saying he does not like his 'scummy vibe'. In another game, Iguana said he wanted to play a lot more like Awaclus (don't ask me why), and I assumed that this was a continuation of that meta.

2. I was not for an Iguana lynch, but I can still dislike aspects of his play, especially what he did.

You criticize me for moving, then you criticize me for not moving.

Stance != "scummy vibe." A stance is a particular position/opinion on someone/something, a "scummy vibe" is just a mafia synonym for a bad feeling.
Hmm. What did you mean in 214 when you say that you are "on the same side" as iguana?
Interesting on Iguana saying he wanted to play like Awaclus. Would provide some context to your post. Got a link to him saying that?
And again, I said that I could see a townie thought process occuring in this post alone (214), but context of your other posts matters.

Quote from: Seprix
This feels like some sort of misunderstanding, or maybe you're being dishonest and forcing some lame case. I hate votes without any sort of case unless it is easily implied. There is no connection at all between my comments of Iguana playing like Awalcus and someone else voting like him. Sorry. It sucks, I know.

I stated Iguana was playing like Awaclus as a devil's advocate, because that's what he's been doing in the past. It was defending him, sure, but I still said I didn't like his play. And then much later, those two vote for Iguana, and do not state their reasons. I don't like that. I like to see reasons for things. The votes are terrible to me because there is no reasoning. Get me?

Hmm. I read 341 as being critical of Joseph's vote as it was a vote on you, and therefore read your responses to the votes on iguana as being critical because they were votes on him. But my assumption about 341 doesn't line up at all with how you responded to my vote, so it makes more sense that your problem with all three votes is that they were naked. Sure, I'll cede the point.

ced

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: June 09, 2016, 12:09:51 pm »

so this game?

faust seems town
RR seems town
igu seems town
Seprix seems town

Why'd you vote/unvote iguana earlier?

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: June 09, 2016, 12:10:42 pm »

Everyone else: Is it scummy to claim town in your personal QT? Is it scummy to do it twice? Three times? Should the doctor claim if he is confident his date is town?

Oh no. I just noticed this. Joseph softclaims doctor/lover/whatever because of Faust's awful question, and RR also did it much before with this brilliant post. What a headache.

I'm reading ced's reads carefully, and it's interesting stuff. Ced gives thoughtful commentary, and reads between the lines in ways I have not considered before. If I was a teacher, I'd give him an A+ in his critical thinking department. And as I predicted, there aren't many holes to discover. Once the lynches start happening, then I can more accurately assess ced, but for now, he's playing a very pro-town game.

So my question was horrible, but you outing the Doctor (if true) is fine?

Joseph did not softclaim because of my question, Joseph softclaimed and then I asked a question.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: June 09, 2016, 12:14:32 pm »

Joseph did not softclaim because of my question, Joseph softclaimed and then I asked a question.
I like my vote on Seprix.
Maybe I shouldn't have answered faust's question, but it seemed like the right thing to do at the time.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

ced

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: June 09, 2016, 12:15:16 pm »

Faust's question was fine.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: June 09, 2016, 12:27:41 pm »

Yes, freaking absolutely. You clarified where he stands instead of keeping it vague, and now I am certain Joseph is town along with RR. Hey, that's great. But you still asked an awful awful question, like why would you be PR hunting D1? That is scum 101.

Faust's question was fine.

It really wasn't.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: June 09, 2016, 12:28:25 pm »

I like my vote on Seprix.
Maybe I shouldn't have answered faust's question, but it seemed like the right thing to do at the time.

You really shouldn't have, but what's done is done.

vote: Faust

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: June 09, 2016, 12:59:43 pm »

Why'd you vote/unvote iguana earlier?

Right, sorry. I wanted to answer you after my PoE but then I forgot.

Vote: It was this post, obviously, and specifically it was this:

Quote from: OriginalPost
Nothing to say about this. You quoted some quotes where I was trying to solve the game and then called them scummy. Lawl.

Quote from: whatIThoughtItSoundedLike
Hey, I put effort into fabricating that post, you spotting me based on that is frustrating, I will now use that frustration to fabricate a derisive response that will make me look emotional and hopefully towny

and this:

Quote from: OriginalPost
My reasoning here is simple: I love a Faust lynch. It makes me excited because it's really hard to accomplish. It brings out my emotions. This is mainly because of RMM28, where he just really got me excited for that scum!Faust lynch I was never able to pull off. So of course when we are on the border of the RVS stage, I am inclined to drive a Faust lynch, especially when I see some signs to indicate that it might be the right move.

Now, you say I flip-flip on him later on "not for any reason [you] can actually tell." This is strange, because I dropped my vote after Faust town-slipped. Everyone (I believe) dropped their vote on Faust at that point.  So claiming that I did so 'for no reason' looks absurdly similar to bold-faced lying

Quote from: WhatIThoughtItSoundedLike
I had this really nicely thought out reason to finnd him scummy, and then he just slipped! So frustrating. I couldn't scumread him after that anymore, so I had to back off. Bleh

Part of the reason was also that he seemed to have a negative opinion of the townslip, when, obviously, it was good for us. The town slip helped us.

Unvote: his following three posts. There might be a bit of projection here; if I was him and I had just been frustrated about being found out and then someone found me out further for debating it, i'd just be like "what the fuck, stop it!! I'm failing!! nooo!!!!!". Instead he seemed more like reserved, a bit sad but not that heartbroken, which is what I'd expect town to be. Less emotional, if you will.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: June 09, 2016, 01:00:26 pm »

This is such a terrible vote. Rethink it.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: June 09, 2016, 01:29:11 pm »

I am perfectly willing to. Why is it terrible?

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: June 09, 2016, 01:54:39 pm »

Because faust is towny, and you're not.
I don't think faust is scummy for the question to me before.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: June 09, 2016, 01:57:54 pm »

You admitted that you shouldn't have answered that question. Faust was PR hunting, correct?

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: June 09, 2016, 02:09:10 pm »

You admitted that you shouldn't have answered that question. Faust was PR hunting, correct?
I'd already softclaimed PR anyway.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: June 09, 2016, 02:20:25 pm »

But then you gave out even more information.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: June 09, 2016, 02:39:43 pm »

But then you gave out even more information.
Not really. I just confirmed by obvious softclaim, that I'm something.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: June 09, 2016, 02:46:02 pm »

What did you hope to accomplish by softclaiming?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: June 09, 2016, 03:00:53 pm »

It seems highly inplausible to me that a scum is more likely to ask that question than a town. I'd say the opposite is the case, because it's so blatantly information for scum.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: June 09, 2016, 03:11:10 pm »

It seems highly implausible to me that a scum is more likely to ask that question than a town. I'd say the opposite is the case, because it's so blatantly information for scum.

You might be right. Scum probably wants to play a more cautious game.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: June 09, 2016, 03:16:22 pm »

Vote: Faust

You don't get to role hunt, buddy. Shame on Joseph for answering, but no. No way are you getting away with this.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 58  All

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 20 queries.