Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 58  All

Author Topic: Mafia 82: Speed-Dating Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Win!  (Read 129160 times)

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 82: Speed-Dating Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #425 on: June 08, 2016, 09:43:37 pm »

oh and Joseph is my PoE scumread and yeah I like my vote on him.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: June 08, 2016, 09:44:42 pm »

I'm still getting a scummy vibe from Joseph. Then again, he used to be lynched pretty early on every game. I don't know. But then I could counter that then, he was acting like a Court Jester. Now, he is not. In the past, he has not shown such restraint. Am I reading too much into this? Is Joseph actually getting better as a player? I don't want to discredit his change of playstyle.

I mean, he claimed scum early D1 in the last game he played, where he was town. & in Harry Potter mafia II he played a super-reserved serial killer game.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: June 08, 2016, 09:45:01 pm »

What do you think about gkrieg? seems townish
What do you think about Roadrunner? town
What do you think about Jimmmmm? IDK
What do you think about ADK? townull
What do you think about Awaclus? null
What do you think about Haddock? scummishIDK
What do you think about silverspawn? town.........?
What do you think about faust? stupid clever town, wish we could lynch him
What do you think about Seprix? Supatownie
What do you think about ced? didn't like how he followed me on Faust, mild scum
What do you think about iguanaiguana? he's a reptile

Just for funsies! What I just learned is that I really need to re-read this game to get decent scum reads.

Joseph wasn't on that list because that question was directed at him. You might want to give your Joseph funsies thing as well. Also, nice Horton lingo.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: June 08, 2016, 09:47:13 pm »

I'm still getting a scummy vibe from Joseph. Then again, he used to be lynched pretty early on every game. I don't know. But then I could counter that then, he was acting like a Court Jester. Now, he is not. In the past, he has not shown such restraint. Am I reading too much into this? Is Joseph actually getting better as a player? I don't want to discredit his change of playstyle.

I mean, he claimed scum early D1 in the last game he played, where he was town. & in Harry Potter mafia II he played a super-reserved serial killer game.

So you're saying he becomes a clam when his role is important. I.E., he's either PR or scum. The reason I say this is because Joseph said that mislynching him would be the worst thing ever. He was breadcrumbing some sort of PR role there.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: June 08, 2016, 09:48:22 pm »

I'm beginning to second guess my Joseph vote, but anyone can second guess anything at all, especially me.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: June 08, 2016, 10:29:34 pm »

What about Joseph?

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: June 09, 2016, 12:27:55 am »

What about Joseph?

I don't understand.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #432 on: June 09, 2016, 05:16:52 am »

Wow, can we just all collectively decide to lynch Awaclus again? :)

Is it a regular occurence?

Whenever I'm a town PR and they decide to do it at the last minute so that I never have a chance to claim between the first vote on me and the hammer. It has never happened to me as scum or VT.

He was breadcrumbing some sort of PR role there.

When you think someone is breadcrumbing a PR, you don't post about it in the thread. If you have a QT with a confirmed townie, you can mention it there, but it's awful to let scum know that you think someone is breadcrumbing a PR.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: June 09, 2016, 05:49:34 am »

When you think someone is breadcrumbing a PR, you don't post about it in the thread. If you have a QT with a confirmed townie, you can mention it there, but it's awful to let scum know that you think someone is breadcrumbing a PR.

This is correct. The only exception I can think of would be to stop a lynch right before the deadline (but really it should be the player himself roleclaiming in that case).

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: June 09, 2016, 06:22:31 am »

This is correct. The only exception I can think of would be to stop a lynch right before the deadline (but really it should be the player himself roleclaiming in that case).

Except he wasn't "breadcurmbing" (which means hiding your role within some post that you can later refer to), he was softclaiming.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: June 09, 2016, 06:23:27 am »

Wow, can we just all collectively decide to lynch Awaclus again? :)

Is it a regular occurence?

Whenever I'm a town PR and they decide to do it at the last minute so that I never have a chance to claim between the first vote on me and the hammer. It has never happened to me as scum or VT.

Clearly, this happens only because you're such an A+ town player.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: June 09, 2016, 06:27:38 am »

So Joseph, answer this: Is one of the following true?

A) You are the Doctor.
B) You are a lover.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: June 09, 2016, 06:27:54 am »

DON'T specify which one.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: June 09, 2016, 06:30:55 am »

A) You are the Doctor.
B) You are a lover.
Yes
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: June 09, 2016, 06:51:17 am »

unvote

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: June 09, 2016, 06:52:56 am »

I think our best bet is to let this play out and lynch somewhere else today. I'm not so sure about Haddock anymore... so

Vote: ADK

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #441 on: June 09, 2016, 07:06:13 am »

Clearly, this happens only because you're such an A+ town player.

No, it happens despite that.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: June 09, 2016, 08:18:48 am »

Mostly VLA for a while.

I'll reread ADK.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

ced

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: June 09, 2016, 09:29:30 am »

Man, can you guys like post more on weekends and less on weekdays or something?

1. gkrieg - Slow starter, but has really got going after that. His first bigger post, 236, is one I get good vibes from: very stream-of-consciousness.

2. Roadrunner - His early posts in response to the two votes (114, 115) read town - not seeing anything wrong with his post and responding in kind. He's been under-the-radar since then. His post 311 reads super-townie, actually. Super-dumb, but super-townie. Actually, that whole post is pretty interesting. It reads like suspicion of Joseph (otherwise why would he ask for scumreads here rather than in the qt), but he's maybe too unsure to make a direct accusation. This is really backed up by the "is it scummy to claim town X times", which is naive for sure, but the thought process leading him to the question is there (well I presume it's there in their qt I guess). The doc question is really the super-dumb part, but I think you have to be really gutsy to make that post as scum.
As an aside: I hear that RR gets mislynched a lot. What does he get mislynched for?
A further aside to RR: Did Joseph say he's town multiple times to you in your qt?

3. Joseph - People are casing him for empty, safe posting as far as I can tell. I've never really been of the opinion we should lynch people for that alone on day one (on later days with some wagon analysis perhaps). It's more interesting to see what they've chosen to post. In Joseph's case, I'd look at 222, where he suggests we shouldn't "leverage info" off the mods as it "feels kind of dirty". This bit is like he's trying to undermine faust's guess, and reads like he has an ulterior motive.
EWP: Following on from my analysis of RR's post 311, I noticed that Joseph responded to it in 315. I don't feel good about that response at all. His answer really misreps the question, which begs an explanation of why he tried to answer the question in the first place. Assuming that the question is relating to RR's/Joseph's chat, it's a very defensive answer, like he's self-conscious about it.

4. Jimmmmm - Interesting that Jimmmmm's vote on Roadrunner is for the "empty, safe" thing, since he's been even more lurky. Though this vote isn't necessarily non-sequitur, and Jimmmmm has a reputation as a lurker from what I've heard. Going "I need to interact with people to form reads" and then not really interacting with people though - what's up with that?

5. ADK - I like his lead-in with the faust vote, looking back. Reminds me of me playing mafia 5-6 years ago. Into the game from the get-go, thinks he's found a scum, wants to keep the game moving. 275 reads like genuine frustration that he thinks he was wrong.

6. Awaclus - Is beyond frustrating. Like, do you understand that nobody's going to listen to you ever if you never post anything for people to listen to? Meh. I can see someone settling into this playstyle as a townie (maybe until they get mislynched enough to snap them out of it), but at the same time it's pretty ezmode to post like this as scum. Well, for at least day one. I'll revisit Awaclus later, I expect.

7. Haddock - His initial content post was phoneposting, so whatever. Man his iguana case is bad though. It's like he goes into it without an understanding of what a scumtell is. Though I don't think this is necessarily scummy either. Then his frustrations over getting wagoned could also go either way - but I did like his defense of himself from faust. His opinion on the Joseph wagon, though - there's two different comments in favour of it (363, 414) but he's unwilling to vote. Like, either of those comments would make much more sense if they ended with a vote. It's not like Haddock really has a vote elsewhere (since he said he'd move his vote from iguana). So why does he say "I could get behind that" and not move his vote?

>8 snip

ced

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: June 09, 2016, 09:29:40 am »

>8 snip

8. silverspawn - faust suggested that Silverspawn is buddying him, but I don't agree. That would imply there's some discernable pattern to Silver's votes. He's voted for RR, myself and iguana, but the only real analysis he's done the whole game is in 205. For his iguana vote, he doesn't provide reasons for either voting or unvoting. Seems a prudent a time as any to ask: what were those reasons?

9. faust - I still don't like the whole Silverspawn thing with ADK, but it's hard to look past his scum daychat misunderstanding. That all reads very genuine.

10. Seprix - So I heard that Seprix is the sort of person that makes lots of "bad" posts even (and sometimes especially) when they're town. These are the sort of players where motive analysis can be most useful: they're both too honest and not careful enough most of the time. Seprix has a lot of posts and a few "bad" ones dotted in. I've picked out some posts I don't like to review:
  • 165, 166: Posts are very night and day. 165 is confident dislike of ADK's faust vote, 166 is comparitively very waffly and would be ok voting faust over the Awaclus vote, because we might be "lucky".
  • 267: Doesn't really mention the Awaclus vote thing at all while justifying his earlier position on the faust wagon. I think I asked him about this and he didn't answer.
  • 214: Another waffly post. Defends Iguana from Haddock's case ("playing like Awaclus"), then agreeing (?) that he doesn't like iguana's stance. I don't think Haddock's statement mentioned iguana's stances at all, though, so I'd like to know what Seprix means here.
  • 342: "Playing like Awaclus" is now "playing like scum." Even though he previously defended iguana by saying he's "playing like Awaclus". On top of that this is jarring, to attack the iguana votes, especially after expressing suspicion in 214.
Hmm. With 166, he's either hedging his bets to see what side of faust/ADK to play, or just looked back on the Awaclus vote and changed his mind. But, if it is the latter, why didn't he bring up the Awaclus vote in 267?
214 could make sense as a townie thought process. 342 I don't understand though. What prompted him to label the votes on iguana "terrible"?

12. iguanaiguana - So I guess I've been implicitly trusting of iguana re: his meta infodump from earlier, though there's debate on what he even means by "solvy". In 334 he says I apparently misconstrued him on it meaning "analytical", then he seems to suggest they are not dissimilar in 339. This might just be semantics. However, speaking of 339, he describes his scumgame as being "solvy" (and, correct me if I'm wrong, that implicitly his town game as not?), but yet he describes himself as a "normal solvy fella" in our qt. It's weird more than anything else, but it follows that one of those evaluations isn't correct.
Oh, he also made 353, which I don't like. For a start, Silver/faust look very far from 100% in agreement to me. They synced votes on RR and Silver posted in faust's defense, but that was half a gamethread ago. Since then they haven't really shown any interest in eachothers' top suspects. Additionally, the extent of iguana's conclusion is that this is "interesting." Anything more to add to that?

So, gkrieg, RR, ADK, faust are all probably town.

Jimmm and Awaclus really don't give me enough of a read.

Joseph is a sticky situation all of a sudden. If he and RR are lovers, then I feel like it's better to leave his lynch until later - I don't think there's a need to kill RR too if we can avoid it.

That leaves Haddock, Silverspawn, Seprix, Iguana. I believe I've left in queries for them all in the above. My scummiest read of those four is probably Seprix, hence I will:

Vote Seprix

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: June 09, 2016, 09:36:36 am »

A) You are the Doctor.
B) You are a lover.

Are you sure that's a great idea?

unvote anyways.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: June 09, 2016, 09:37:28 am »

Except he wasn't "breadcrumbing" (which means hiding your role within some post that you can later refer to), he was softclaiming.

Yes, that's what I meant, a softclaim. Sorry.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: June 09, 2016, 09:58:02 am »

I think our best bet is to let this play out and lynch somewhere else today. I'm not so sure about Haddock anymore... so

Vote: ADK

Case? You can't just vote someone without a case this late in the day. I even backchecked your posts, you never had a case on ADK. You only said he feels scummy to you in short little lists with no actual content, just feeling. I am not a big fan of those, they're easy enough to do with minimal effort. Present a case.

Seprix has a lot of posts and a few "bad" ones dotted in.
    I edit my posts after writing a lot, and I cannot do that in Mafia for obvious reasons. So I end up posting very little content over a longer stream. Maybe that's not a good habit to have, who knows.

• 165, 166: Posts are very night and day. 165 is confident dislike of ADK's faust vote, 166 is comparitively very waffly and would be ok voting faust over the Awaclus vote, because we might be "lucky".

I'm thinking out loud. Just because a reason (from ADK) is bad doesn't mean that Faust wasn't scum at the time. Yes, I'm 'hedging my bets', because I want to be open to options. I don't want to commit completely unless I am positive about something. Every time I commit, I end up getting screwed and then I have to switch, then oh look at Seprix, he's a flip-flopper. You cannot tell me you keep your reads 100% of the time. That would be foolish if you were not open to other options.

I'll look into the rest of your case on me in a second, and see if it is an actual good case or not. And then I'll probably re-read you, since I haven't done that for you so far this game.[/list]

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #448 on: June 09, 2016, 10:09:26 am »

I think I will also reread ced in a bit. I feel he has flown under the radar slightly.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #449 on: June 09, 2016, 10:09:50 am »

A) You are the Doctor.
    B) You are a lover.

Also this is an awful question.
    Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 58  All

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 17 queries.