Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Let's Discuss Base Set Cards: Bureaucrat  (Read 8875 times)

Infthitbox

• Explorer
  • Respect: +440
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Discuss Base Set Cards: Bureaucrat
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2016, 11:13:26 am »

I played a game yesterday where Bureaucrat was a decent component in my engine; the payload was Bank and I didn't want to have to spend buys on gaining base treasures to power them up. Given that I was playing against Embassy-BM the attack was non-trivial, although my draw was Margrave so the attack wasn't too focal. The 5 silvers gained off of Bureaucrat during the course of the game were certainly beneficial.

http://gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?http://dominion-game-logs.s3.amazonaws.com/game_logs/20160412/log.0.1460421288540.txt

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2016, 06:02:32 pm »

If you need to catch up with your potentially ill-advised engine against a money deck at the end of the game, B-crat is a fine pickup to buy you some time and build a large economy quickly.

aladdinstardust

• Chancellor
  • Respect: +38
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2016, 03:10:06 pm »
+2

This happens to be one of the very few cards, along with Masquerade and Cutpurse, that can theoretically create an infinite pin against your opponent.

This is a very difficult pin to create since the five Bureaucrats you play to pin your opponent(s) also put five silver on your deck. You could play them after a discard attack, but that's still tricky. KC some Schemes could help, and newer cards like Gear, Expedition, Hireling, and Guide could definitely help out. Watchtower makes it much easier.

Basically, my goal at this point is to pin someone with Bureaucrat. I don't play to win - I play to pin. (Which, generally leads to winning, but that's beside the point.)

I appreciate the inspiration, Gendolkari.

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ThetaSigma12
  • Respect: +1812
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2016, 03:46:18 pm »

Burecrat pins work best for me with a supporting attack card, i.e. haunted woods. Of course you could always prince 5...
My magnum opus collection of dominion fan cards is available here!
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 21 queries.