Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23  All

Author Topic: Mafia 81: Desperation Mafia - Game Over  (Read 55508 times)

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 81: Desperation Mafia - Day1
« Reply #125 on: May 05, 2016, 01:14:55 pm »

L-1

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 05, 2016, 01:15:15 pm »

L-1

It went to a new page, so I will reiterate that this is L-1 on Haddock

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 05, 2016, 01:42:05 pm »

My question to ADK is: What exactly is the scum narrative for me behaving like this at the beginning of the game?

Scum wants to appear active, but is nervous about committing to reads or saying the wrong thing, and so is more likely to maintain a joke-y attitude. Responding to votes on you as if they're not serious is also a scum tell, attempting to defuse a wagon and looked "relaxed".

I agree that if I were hedging on my reads of other players that would be scummy. However, the only read I have offered so far is a town lean on you. You think that opening with a joke-y attitude is a scumtell.. All I can say is that my town motivation for opening with the same jokes that have gotten me lynched in the past was to intentionally provoke controversy that would spark discussion and move us past randomly voting. I can also assure that I am done joking now, as the game proper has begun.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 05, 2016, 01:43:18 pm »

I like the case on Haddock but hammering on the first day would be absolutely awful. I'd like to hear Haddock's reads.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 05, 2016, 01:44:52 pm »

Gkrieg and e are making sense. It makes me a little nervous that e and Haddock are OMGUSing again becuase they always do that and often when they are both town.

That's all I've got for now.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 81: Desperation Mafia - Night0
« Reply #130 on: May 05, 2016, 01:46:23 pm »

Vote Count 1.3

RR: (1) Awaclus
Haddock: (4) 2.7, WW, ADK, gkrieg (L-1)
2.7: (1) Haddock

Not Voting: (3) iguanaiguana, chairs, RR

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

Day1 will last for 7 days and will end at 7:00 pm forum time, May 11, 2016.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 05, 2016, 01:54:57 pm »

Jeez.
I am going for an evening shower and will say something about this lunacy when I return. 
Try not to lynch me before then.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 05, 2016, 02:02:54 pm »

Jeez.
I am going for an evening shower and will say something about this lunacy when I return. 
Try not to lynch me before then.

We will be sitting on the edge of our seats

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 05, 2016, 02:08:00 pm »

Must resist urge to slamma jamma hamma time, but showering before posting is scummy scum scum (gotta wash the scum smell off).

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 05, 2016, 02:09:56 pm »

Also I feel like I haven't gotten my dose of RR yet.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 05, 2016, 02:14:32 pm »

If Ash was here he'd already be hammered~

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 05, 2016, 02:15:31 pm »

I like the case on Haddock but hammering on the first day would be absolutely awful. I'd like to hear Haddock's reads.

So is someone else scummy?

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 05, 2016, 02:20:29 pm »

Must resist urge to slamma jamma hamma time, but showering before posting is scummy scum scum (gotta wash the scum smell off).

When I read "evening shower" I thought like an event (baby shower, wedding shower, etc). I mean cleanliness is also important.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 05, 2016, 02:36:15 pm »

Right, here goes.  There can't really be a huge amount of defense here since I've made maybe 5 posts so far this game, so there's not much to defend.  But the argument at the moment seems to centre around this post of mine (meme omitted):

OK, serious face now.   I don't think the case against II is a good one so far.  He has been lynched early and stupidly too often recently, he's right.  I'm withholding judgement at this point. 
So I guess I'd better unvote since there are proper votes on him now. 

I have no other reads so far.
And the reasons this is scummy:
1) It's hedgy
2) I don't offer anything else.

Well both of those stem from the same thing, which is that we were less than 2 whole pages (for my posts/page setup anyway) into the game at that point! 

I hedge D1.  That's what I've always done.  I'm trying to get better, trying not to do that so much.  But I simply cannot form an opinion on someone based off of just a few posts each .  Apparently people disagree with me as to whether it's possible to get a read off of someone in that time, since everyone is finding me so scummy for a grand total of one post.  But one thing is certain: I, personally, cannot form reads that fast.

This post:
And like, the whole "not voting for someone because I don't like the case others are presenting" is silly in my opinion. People can have different reasons for thinking people are scum.
either misrepresents me or misunderstands me, I'm not sure which.  It's not that I think II is scummy and I'm avoiding voting II because some other people have presented a case I think is bad.  It's that I don't think II has been scummy.  Clear enough?  Obviously if someone presents a case that I find convincing or I come up with such a case then I will vote appropriately.

And the final sentence
Just because one case is "bad" doesn't mean the conclusion is wrong
Is basically summarising my hedgey position, right?  I mean, what I'm saying is "I don't like the current case, not voting right now, but another case might come up later to convince me the conclusion is correct".  Which is exactly what you're saying here. 
Unless you're saying you should vote for people in the absence of a good case. Which makes no sense to me.

I really can't say much else about this, except that people need to maybe read some other games of mine.  I'm always found scummy on D1, for hedging among other things.

I can maybe offer some super-tentative reads so far.

II is pretty much dead null.  This post of his is vaguely towny though, so ever-so-minor town points?
Gkrieg and e are making sense. It makes me a little nervous that e and Haddock are OMGUSing again becuase they always do that and often when they are both town.

That's all I've got for now.
Namely his legitimate-sounding worry about me and e OMGUSing.

e has put a bad case on me, and he should know better, hence the vote.  But he and I often find each other scummy.  Very mild scum.  (and unvote, I have a better place to put my vote now that I've cooled down)

WW.  Eh.  Don't like his unexplained sheepy-looking votes, but he does that.  Mild town I guess, this is how he is.

chairs.  Man, the poor-taste joke pisses me off.  He's contributed nothing, fairly standard.  Wanna say scummy cos I'm annoyed, but no, null.

gkrieg. Null.  I was going to say I didn't like this post, but the more I read it the less scummy it looks
vote: Haddock

The hedging is bad, but I still don't have scummy vibes from iguana

I like e so far, ADK stays fairly townie, but it is always hard for me to read him D1.  He usually does something extremely scummy as scum, so I'm giving him a town pass until he does that.

Awaclus is towny so far.  Being himself.

RR.  Not himself at all.  Hasn't done anything crazy, is being too careful.  Not posting enough. vote: RR
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 05, 2016, 02:52:30 pm »

Wait,  what joke did I make that was in poor taste?

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 05, 2016, 02:53:09 pm »

Town on Haddock by the way for doing a D1 read post which I know is outside his comfort zone

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 05, 2016, 03:01:07 pm »

Vote: Chairs

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 81: Desperation Mafia - Night0
« Reply #142 on: May 05, 2016, 03:11:56 pm »

I am happy to join with you today in what will go down in history as the greatest demonstration of scum hunting in the history of this sub-forum.

One score and six months ago, a great mafia moderator, in whose symbolic shadow we play today, standardized the f.DS mafia community. This momentous decree came as a great beacon light of hope to a handful of mafia players who had been seared in the flames of withering confusion. It came as a joyous daybreak to end the long night of frustration.

But two years later, the mafia player is still confused. Two years later, the mafia player is still sadly crippled by the manacles of lurking and /outing. Two years later, the mafia player lives on a lonely quicktopic of poverty in the midst of a vast ocean of posting. Two years later, the mafia player is still languished in the corners of this forum. And so we've come here today to dramatize a shameful condition.

In a sense we've come to our sub-forum's most recent game to cash a check. When the architects (not Archetype) of our sub-forum wrote the magnificent words of the Civility Pledge and the Mafia Hub, they were signing a promissory note to which every mafia player was to fall heir. This note was a promise that all mafia players, yes, lurkers as well as non-lurkers, would be guaranteed the "unalienable" Rights of "Posting, Votes and the pursuit of Lynching." It is obvious today that the mafia sub-forum has defaulted on this promissory note, insofar as her players of mafia are concerned. Instead of honoring this sacred obligation, the forum has given the mafia player a bad check, a check which has come back marked "insufficient funds."

Let us not wallow in the valley of despair, I say to you today, my friends.

And so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the forum dream.

I have a dream that one day this forum will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all scum are scummy."

I have a dream that one day in a Bastard Mafia Game, the serious mafia players and the casual mafia players will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the Role Madness Games, a type of game sweltering with the heat of no-lynches, sweltering with the heat of lurking, will be transformed into an oasis of posting and voting.

I have a dream that my four little mafia games will one day be played in a forum where they will not be judged by how much the players posted but by the content of the roles and flavor.

I have a dream today!

Vote Count 1.4

RR: (2) Awaclus, Haddock
Haddock: (3) 2.7, ADK, gkrieg (L-2)
chairs: (1) WW

Not Voting: (3) iguanaiguana, chairs, RR

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

Day1 will last for 7 days and will end at 7:00 pm forum time, May 11, 2016.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 04:28:49 pm by yuma »

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 05, 2016, 03:53:14 pm »

RR is freaking out about votes for no reason which is pretty much classic RR. I don't like haddock voting for him, meta wise that's like the safest vote ever.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 05, 2016, 04:30:10 pm »

vote: chairs

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 05, 2016, 04:32:40 pm »

I love the flavor

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 05, 2016, 04:48:45 pm »

Small games are not good for people who are scared of voting.

Haddock is clearly town.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 05, 2016, 04:50:20 pm »

Small games are not good for people who are scared of voting.

Haddock is clearly town.

Wanna give some reasons?

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 05, 2016, 05:17:11 pm »

vote: rr

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 05, 2016, 05:39:14 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23  All

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 16 queries.