Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: ThetaSigma12's Fan cards  (Read 12636 times)

tristan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +193
    • View Profile
Re: ThetaSigma12's Fan cards
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2016, 01:41:42 pm »

A few notes about events:
Siege seems slightly broken. With Travelling Fair and your events which give +2 buys, get 2 of these in play and immediately have unlimited buys. That might be a cool feature with Travelling Fair, but with your Decay, that's a combo that instantly empties the supply. I think there's a reason you can't change the cost of events.
Decay costs 3 so you would need 3 Sieges. Not to mention that Decay being overpowered has nothing to do with Siege.
A hand with 4 Silvers can gain a Province but that doesn't mean that Silver is overpowered.

But a hand of 4 Silvers can't gain the Supply. 3 Sieges and Decay can. And before the current update, Siege was non-terminal, which made it very easy to achieve, and the first person to do so wins.
I used that old 4 Silver argument because very often folks claim that a hand of X cards of name Y is overpowered, overlooking how hard it is to actually come up with such a hand. Let's take GendoIkari's example of KC,KC,Bridge,Bridge,Bridge. Well, if you have a deck which can reach such a hand you will most likely win the game with or without that funky combo!
In most decks Silver is more of a necessary evil than something you strive for and yet 4 Silvers is a Province and 5 Silvers is nearly a Colony. Gee, that Silver card must be overpowered!

You are totally right though that 3 Sieges is not difficult to come up with.The problem is not with Siege though which was underpowered while it was non-terminal and probably balanced while it was a non-terminal duration village but with Decay which is too strong even without that crazy combo with Siege. For a mere net price of 2$ (or less if you buy more than 1 card) you get a junking attack and an extra buy.

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ThetaSigma12
  • Respect: +1812
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2016, 02:29:41 pm »

I did change siege to cost reduction only on events you have not bought this turn. It reads to the effect of: While this is in play, all events which you have not bought this turn cost 1 less, but not less than 0. This should prevent infinite buys and the whatnot.
My magnum opus collection of dominion fan cards is available here!

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ThetaSigma12
  • Respect: +1812
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2016, 09:14:34 pm »

Printed the cards and have begun testing!
First game had secret society, stronghold, scenic village, reinforcements, and trading vessel.
Scenic Village: Seems powerful enough that it might be worth dropping the card. Infinite actions is pretty darn good, but I might be overrating it a bit.
Stronghold: Unintended consequence of giving you +1 coin on the turn you play, will switch to at the start of your turn probably.
Reinforcements: Pretty good. This game had highway and highwayman in the secret society deck and so the +buy was more useful than in most games, even after you play it twice. -1 card is usually better in early game but it's fun when you can deny them a province.
Trading Vessel: Needs testing in a game without cost reduction. I wonder how it would work with the gain a silver and trash a card swapped.
My magnum opus collection of dominion fan cards is available here!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 20 queries.