Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 275  All

Author Topic: The Necro Wars  (Read 355984 times)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
Re: The Necro Wars
« Reply #6050 on: November 05, 2023, 12:09:30 pm »

And then it failed to answer it ??? I think the feature needs some ironing out. I really don't think it would have needed to search the internet first.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6051 on: November 06, 2023, 02:26:49 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_0sfc-r1zg

Is the musicianship as good as Nightwish? Probably not. But I love the voice.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6052 on: November 07, 2023, 06:20:14 am »

Ok at this point the GPT-4 googling thing just feels like a straight up downgrade. I don't want a tool that just summarizes a few google searches for me. I mean that's a great tool as well, but I feel like GPT-4 as it existed before offered me a lot more than that, and now it no longer does.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6053 on: November 07, 2023, 06:23:55 am »

Like before, it gave responses based on a synthesis of everything it had read; now it's basing it just on a few articles. That's a massive donwgrade! Why can't you at least turn the feature off?

It seems like you can indirectly turn it off by just asking GPT-4 to not browse at least.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6054 on: November 07, 2023, 08:36:13 am »

First time posting a chess puzzle whose solution I don't know

My opponent (black) timed out here, understandably so. But engine says this is a draw. Huh? Black to move and somehow draw

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6055 on: November 07, 2023, 08:40:53 am »

ok I guess you give up the knight with Ne7 and then play Rg8 to defend and because of the strong queen and passed pawn it's equal and the engine must see some forced draw there.

Yes, seems like that's it. Pretty ridiculous though.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6056 on: November 08, 2023, 07:27:32 am »

It kind of feels like GPT-4 got stupider with the last update even when it doesn't browse. I'm probably wrong but I'll record this take here in case I'm validated later.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #6057 on: November 08, 2023, 07:39:57 am »

It kind of feels like GPT-4 got stupider with the last update even when it doesn't browse. I'm probably wrong but I'll record this take here in case I'm validated later.

That tends to happen with GPT-3.5 as well whenever they make the smiley face mask a bit bigger, which is probably every update.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6058 on: November 08, 2023, 09:33:00 am »

isn't GPT already as politically correct as you can possibly get?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #6059 on: November 08, 2023, 11:40:33 am »

isn't GPT already as politically correct as you can possibly get?

Not really. I haven't tried lately, but you can probably still get it to refuse to unambiguously condemn things like rape and fascism in specific cases when the prompt is framed in a way where it would have to do something else that it's not supposed to normally do to do it. E.g. in April it had this take on fascism (after it had listed advantages and downsides of technocracy and only listed downsides when asked to do the same for fascism, I was trying to get it to admit the logical conclusion that fascism is worse than technocracy but this is the closest I could ever get it to doing that):

Based on the information I provided, it could be argued that technocracy has some potential advantages over fascism, since technocracy emphasizes evidence-based decision-making and expertise rather than authoritarianism and nationalism. However, it's important to note that making comparisons between political ideologies can be a complex and sensitive subject, and different people may have different opinions on which ideologies or systems of governance are best suited to particular contexts. Ultimately, it's up to individuals and societies to determine what kind of political system they want to live under, based on their cultural, historical, and social factors, and to work towards building inclusive and equitable societies that promote human dignity, freedom, and well-being.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6060 on: November 08, 2023, 12:05:52 pm »

not sure whether that is a valid take on the PC dimension. It's trained to never choose sides on anything, and also to say that certain things are bad, and both drives contradict each other, but they are also arguably both PC

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #6061 on: November 08, 2023, 12:09:42 pm »

not sure whether that is a valid take on the PC dimension. It's trained to never choose sides on anything, and also to say that certain things are bad, and both drives contradict each other, but they are also arguably both PC
I don't think "political correctness" is usually used to refer to not choosing sides.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #6062 on: November 08, 2023, 12:58:48 pm »

It's definitely not PC to fail to pick a side when one side is something that, despite having some reasons for concern, isn't inherently anti-human rights and has some easily arguable advantages and is commonly proposed (at least to limited extents) by well-respected members of society without a ShiTstorm ensuing, and the other side is literally fascism.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6063 on: November 08, 2023, 05:09:58 pm »

Granted, but I think the vector of change goes toward PC + not choosing sides, so I'm not sure in which direction I'd expect that particular answer to change

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #6064 on: November 08, 2023, 05:50:21 pm »

Granted, but I think the vector of change goes toward PC + not choosing sides, so I'm not sure in which direction I'd expect that particular answer to change

I don't necessarily think it goes in any particular direction besides avoiding stuff that people think it shouldn't say. I'm pretty sure that most people think that it shouldn't ever be unclear about fascism being bad, so I'd expect it to change in that direction over time. I remember reading about cases where it has gotten updated to be less PC than it had previously been because it was outputting something insane, like claiming that there are no height differences between men and women on average, which it no longer does. GPT3.5 does currently claim that there are no height differences between cis men and trans men, no height differences between cis women and trans women, and no height differences between trans men and trans women on average while also claiming that there is a height difference between cis men and cis women, but I'd expect that to get fixed over time too, even though it involves un-learning the political correctness that pointing out differences between trans and cis people of the same gender is questionable.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6065 on: November 09, 2023, 07:51:17 am »

I don't think we disagree on anything. "Avoid stuff people think you shouldn't say" is basically PC + not choose sides

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6066 on: November 09, 2023, 07:52:14 am »

I'll try another policy. I can play chess whenever, but if I play poorly in a game, I have to take a 90 minutes break. Result doesn't matter.

It really is astonishingly difficult to get my chess playing under control. I usually don't struggle with addictive behavior, at least not nearly as much.

'this the way. For having good results in chess, anyway. Not so sure about not playing too much although it also does better than previous policies

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6067 on: November 09, 2023, 07:52:45 am »

well I shortened it to 60 minutes; if I had kept it at 90 it may have worked better

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6068 on: November 09, 2023, 08:24:41 am »

There will probably be a situation at some point where this will be a really fitting meme, but why wait

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #6069 on: November 09, 2023, 11:55:51 am »

I don't think we disagree on anything. "Avoid stuff people think you shouldn't say" is basically PC + not choose sides

Except e.g. in the height difference example, where the bot is being PC and not choosing sides and everyone thinks it shouldn't do that because what it's saying is so obviously factually wrong.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6070 on: November 09, 2023, 12:04:42 pm »

well that's a generalization error, I think

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6071 on: November 09, 2023, 12:07:20 pm »

if I had money around to bet, I think I would buy Biden yes shares. He's at 31.3% to become president right now, whereas my gut says more like 50%. He won against Trump last time when Trump was the incumbent. Now he'll be the incumbent and the economy will likely be doing well.

I could still see various ways for him to lose, but him winning seems like the median outcome.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6072 on: November 09, 2023, 12:49:38 pm »

finally ETH crossed 2000$. Took long enough

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #6073 on: November 09, 2023, 01:14:06 pm »

Meanwhile I had to sell mine last month because I had some unexpected expenses. I made somewhat of a loss on my first purchase, somewhat of a profit on my second purchase (in total still a loss but a super insignificant one), and like 35€ from getting Coinbase learning rewards when ETH was around 1k and having them go up in value later, which isn't a bad profit for a 23.12€ investment in 18ish months I guess.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6074 on: November 10, 2023, 04:10:15 pm »

ALRIGHT. I've reached 11111111111111111111111888888888888888888888888888888000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 a bunch more times. I've also reached 1900 now. Of course, 1900 is just an arbitrary number with no special significance. Imagining caring about whether your rating is slightly above or below 1900. What a loser move.
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 275  All

Page created in 0.111 seconds with 16 queries.