Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 72  All

Author Topic: RMM32: The Walking Dead (Game Over.)  (Read 158726 times)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: RMM32: The Walking Dead (The First Day)
« Reply #575 on: March 23, 2016, 12:56:42 pm »

I feel like of the people on your PoE list, EFHW and ADK stand out the most to me.

EFHW is normally way more present at the beginning of a game, and when she has been present, she hasn't really added much to the conversation.

Did you reread first?  If not, can you reread and then decide?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: March 23, 2016, 12:59:10 pm »

I feel like of the people on your PoE list, EFHW and ADK stand out the most to me.

EFHW is normally way more present at the beginning of a game, and when she has been present, she hasn't really added much to the conversation.

I can but this response reminds me of mistborn mafia

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: March 23, 2016, 01:43:06 pm »

was I scum? I was sick for a couple days at the beginning, and since you didn't seem to know that, your scumread didn't seem very well informed.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: March 23, 2016, 02:03:02 pm »

was I scum? I was sick for a couple days at the beginning, and since you didn't seem to know that, your scumread didn't seem very well informed.

uh you were scum.  I had a strong read on you that game, which no one else seemed to have, which is why I vigged you.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: March 23, 2016, 02:26:43 pm »

yuma - probably town, plus it will be helpful to know how infections work.
'

I don't think this is a good reason to keep me alive. We are going to find out regardless how they work. But in my case there is a chance that my infection will inhibit my role of regeneration... then again... maybe it already has...

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: March 23, 2016, 02:41:57 pm »

yuma - probably town, plus it will be helpful to know how infections work.
'

I don't think this is a good reason to keep me alive. We are going to find out regardless how they work. But in my case there is a chance that my infection will inhibit my role of regeneration... then again... maybe it already has...

Well it's still possible that someone can cure you (read: cut your leg off), and I certainly don't want to pass that opportunity. There are 3 possibilities of what could happen if we lynch you today (assuming you're town):

1. you die and come back an IC. That is relatively good, but still worse than lynching scum.
2. you die and come back a treestump (or equivalent). That is only marginally better than lynching town, even worse since you would have died anyway and that would have given us another town-controlled kill.
3. you die, period, because your child has been infected too. That's bad.

So none of those scenarios is particularly great, and personally I don't believe in 1, so I don't really see why you would want us to lynch you other than out of self-preservation.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: March 23, 2016, 03:03:48 pm »

4. He's scum and dies and we lynched scum

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: March 23, 2016, 03:07:36 pm »

Isn't a possibility (from my perspective and again, why would scum be advocating for his own lynch here? I mean I guess you could say I am bluffing, but this would be a pretty ridiculous buff)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: March 23, 2016, 03:08:31 pm »

Isn't a possibility (from my perspective and again, why would scum be advocating for his own lynch here? I mean I guess you could say I am bluffing, but this would be a pretty ridiculous buff)

It's not that ridiculous. If we decide not to lynch you, you basically have IC status. Then all you have to do is to claim that you got healed somehow and tada scum!IC

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: March 23, 2016, 03:14:03 pm »

Well it's still possible that someone can cure you (read: cut your leg off), and I certainly don't want to pass that opportunity. There are 3 possibilities of what could happen if we lynch you today (assuming you're town):

1. you die and come back an IC. That is relatively good, but still worse than lynching scum.
2. you die and come back a treestump (or equivalent). That is only marginally better than lynching town, even worse since you would have died anyway and that would have given us another town-controlled kill.
3. you die, period, because your child has been infected too. That's bad.

So none of those scenarios is particularly great, and personally I don't believe in 1, so I don't really see why you would want us to lynch you other than out of self-preservation.

If someone can cure me they should have spoken up by now.

I don't know why you think 1 isn't a possibility. I think it is decent. And there is room between 1 and 2 where I come back with just another non-IC, non-treestump role.

But I also don't think you are looking at this from a "what if we don't lynch yuma" point of view. I don't know what this bite means in terms of potentially infecting other people. I just don't know and neither do you, there is a possibility of there being a mechanic that the infection doesn't "kill" me but changes me to be a liability to the town.

And look... if that happens then I have screwed myself over. Because that means my win condition will have then changed AND everyone will have basically known it... or at least known that it is a possibility. So to be clear... I don't want to get turned into whatever I might get turned into. Because if I do I am going to lose because I was forthcoming as town. But if that does happen I will start playing to that new win con and bite the hell out of everyone I can, if I can.

So yeah... I want self preservation because right now that is the only way I can see myself winning in my current alignment if this bite does in some way change my alignment (which I think is likely given the wording of my PM).

In addition lynching another player has a decent chance of lynching a stronger PR than me. That is always a risk, but in RMM I think it can be best to not lynch and let people use actions that can be confirmed or assessed first. Not always... but often. And this is a good opportunity to not lynch a strong PR and eliminate a possible threat in myself and still preserve myself as a town player going forward.

I think I just convinced myself. Everyone prepare yourself for my first self vote in a long, long time... vote: yuma

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: March 23, 2016, 03:15:23 pm »

It's not that ridiculous. If we decide not to lynch you, you basically have IC status. Then all you have to do is to claim that you got healed somehow and tada scum!IC

But to continue to push toward my lynch? I mean... no. That is an unacceptable lynch for scum to take because it relies on others making that decision for you. This is in my risk matrix that I keep bringing up in like every game and I feel like I am consistently right about it. But you know what... you and I are arguing for the same thing... my lynch, so let's be friends.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: March 23, 2016, 04:15:58 pm »

Post incase I'll be a few minutes past the 24 hour mark
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: March 23, 2016, 04:52:37 pm »

I don't see how your bite would cause you to change your alignment... that makes no sense within the flavor. The only thing your bite will cause is your death.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: March 23, 2016, 05:13:31 pm »

vote: EFHW

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: March 23, 2016, 05:18:23 pm »

I don't know why you think 1 isn't a possibility.

Because I don't think a baby could conceivably be a full member of the town.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: March 23, 2016, 05:18:31 pm »

I don't see how your bite would cause you to change your alignment... that makes no sense within the flavor. The only thing your bite will cause is your death.

How do you know that?

I mean... The whole premise of zombies is that they bite and then those who get bit come back as zombies.

I want to come back as Judith. Not as zombie!Lori.

And like I said there is wording in my PM, basically that I will, if activating my role to become Judith, retain whatever alignment I had at the time of my death. This implies that alignments can be changed in this game, otherwise why state it? And this mechanic of getting bit seems like a perfect way to introduce alignment change.

Like... mafia has an ability to choose a player early day1 a player to target to possibly switch their alignment to yours but only if they aren't lynched or something... I don't know maybe not that specifically but something like that.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: March 23, 2016, 05:19:42 pm »

Alright. Then let me put it this way... Unless I see a compelling reason to lynch some one I think I should be the default lynch.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: March 23, 2016, 05:19:51 pm »

I mean... The whole premise of zombies is that they bite and then those who get bit come back as zombies.

That is not the premise of The Walking Dead.

The premise of TWD is that everyone who dies comes back as zombie. It doesn't matter whether you die from a zombie bite or something else.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: March 23, 2016, 05:19:59 pm »

I don't like SS's continued tunnelling of yuma.  But then when I think about it he likes to find someone to tunnel D1, this isn't necessarily scummy from SS.  I've had that problem before.

So unvote I guess.

I do agree with SS also that scum!yuma does stuff like this occasionally.  See for instance his SK claim as scum in Switch Mafia.

That said, I'm townreading yuma in general this game and he was under no pressure prior to his claim nonsense.  So I'm not seeing this as scummy at all.  Not thinking I want to lynch him though, even if he does.  Hmm.

Can we get a vote count please?

I'll probably move to ADK.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: March 23, 2016, 05:37:45 pm »

The premise of TWD is that everyone who dies comes back as zombie. It doesn't matter whether you die from a zombie bite or something else.

then what the Hell am I doing with a bite mark on me? There has to be a better way for zombies to make more zombies than via biting on the leg.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: March 23, 2016, 05:45:19 pm »

then what the Hell am I doing with a bite mark on me? There has to be a better way for zombies to make more zombies than via biting on the leg.

What? I am not sure what you mean here. Why does there "have to be" a better way? And biting even is a way to turn people into zombies, because bitten people die, and dead people become zombies.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: March 23, 2016, 05:56:05 pm »

I guess what I am saying is this:

This is a game of mafia. In which people die. According to you when someone in this universe dies they become a zombie. If this is true and if we are working against the zombies as a town then we shouldn't ever lynch ever. But that would mean this isn't a game of mafia, it would be a different game completely, so that can't hold true. So town controlled deaths must indicate that those players don't turn into zombies. Otherwise the game is broken.

So if I assume that, (which I guess maybe I shouldn't but I don't see anyway that this could continue to be a mafia game if lynches are a completely negative utility for town. Like that would make this a bastard game...) I am currently faced with 2 types of deaths.

1. a death via the bite that will result in me turning into a zombie (either forfeiting the chance to become Judith or come back as a Judith!zombie)

2. a death controlled by town that will not turn me into a zombie and instead I will come back as Judith.

I guess there is a 3rd that the bite mark will kill me just make me die normally and I won't turn into a zombie, but then why have the bite mark at all if it doesn't turn me into a zombie... Why not just make it be a day vig?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: March 23, 2016, 06:06:48 pm »

I guess what I am saying is this:

This is a game of mafia. In which people die. According to you when someone in this universe dies they become a zombie. If this is true and if we are working against the zombies as a town then we shouldn't ever lynch ever. But that would mean this isn't a game of mafia, it would be a different game completely, so that can't hold true. So town controlled deaths must indicate that those players don't turn into zombies. Otherwise the game is broken.

So if I assume that, (which I guess maybe I shouldn't but I don't see anyway that this could continue to be a mafia game if lynches are a completely negative utility for town. Like that would make this a bastard game...) I am currently faced with 2 types of deaths.

1. a death via the bite that will result in me turning into a zombie (either forfeiting the chance to become Judith or come back as a Judith!zombie)

2. a death controlled by town that will not turn me into a zombie and instead I will come back as Judith.

I guess there is a 3rd that the bite mark will kill me just make me die normally and I won't turn into a zombie, but then why have the bite mark at all if it doesn't turn me into a zombie... Why not just make it be a day vig?

Well I think you are fundamentally mistaken about how the game is structured, but I don't have compelling evidence for that other than what I feel makes sense within the flavor.

You seem to assume that the mafia are zombies here (at least that's what I take from what you write). I simply cannot imagine that being the case. First, zombies are mindless animals (arguably even less than that) and they don't make sense as "informed minority" because they cannot be informed and they are the vast majority in the world. Second, the whole point of the show is that "people are more dangerous than zombies", so having a mafia that consists of actual living people seems to make way more sense.

I hold the strong belief that no player will ever play as a zombie in this game. I don't think you can be "turned" into a zombie and still continue to play. I do think that players can die, leave the game, and then their corpse can in some way cause trouble to us. Basically, due to this belief I have to reject your whole argument because you base it on a fear of being "zombified". And that just won't happen.

As to why have a bite mark and not a dayvig? Well it could just be a delayed dayvig. It could be for flavor. It could be to make it ambiguous whether the mafia caused it or it was just a random event. Like this is RMM and there are lots of possible explanations for this. I don't understand why you are dead-set on your theory even though people who know the flavor tell you that that's not how it works.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: March 23, 2016, 06:18:07 pm »

Lynched people are not coming back. I have outside information. I don't mind sharing this as we should try to find scum now instead of this pointless debate, yeah?
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: March 23, 2016, 06:23:35 pm »

I agree about mafia not being zombies but I still wanna lynch yuma
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 72  All

Page created in 0.195 seconds with 16 queries.