Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 51  All

Author Topic: Mafia 74 - X-Shots 2 - Apocalypse Now! (Game Over)  (Read 114183 times)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 74 - X-Shots 2 - Apocalypse Now! (Day1)
« Reply #775 on: January 22, 2016, 10:44:12 am »

I'm sort of indifferent as I expect most PRS to lie, so there will be like 11 VTs, WW, and one more PR.

This is a bit of an odd statement.  Could it indicate discussion of fake claims in scum QT?

I don't think so.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 74 - X-Shots 2 - Apocalypse Now! (Day4)
« Reply #776 on: January 22, 2016, 10:46:19 am »

You guys underestimate RR, I think.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: January 22, 2016, 10:46:42 am »

I only want to claim if like half the town is onboard. But with all these pros, shouldn't we just be able to find scum? I mean, I'll help as much as I can, but I'll probably just get in the way. Oh, and explaining my vote on Hydrad:

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Umbrage%27s_Guide_on_How_to_Win_Scum_Games
I think links are allowed, but Hydrad seems like he's starting to do this, especially one and two. Since he is doing both one and two, I think he's just going down the list and hoping he can win this way.

So I had the idea initially that maybe RR was coached to do something like this (most likely coaching partner for such a thing would be EFHW  or SS).  However, he waited quite a while until this came up, and specifically on Hydrad.  I think if he was planning to construct this 'read' through this link, he would have sprung it a bit sooner; most other people had claimed to believe me, and there was friendly joking going on.  This feels more genuine. 

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: January 22, 2016, 10:49:58 am »

This is the first wagon I ever made, even though it's hardly a wagon. Anyone have thoughts on it?

I think its a good thing to do. But don't feel discouraged when I flip town. Keep trying to build cases and stuff even if your wrong sometimes.
So you just accept your death that probably won't even happen? Seems...bad? I don't want you to close up, and I don't want you to say, 'oh, RR doesn't know any better.' I'm going to scumhunt today, and I would hope that scum would try to defend themselves. I'm going to be the new Morgrim (not).
PPE 2

He has, apparently, been doing a lot of reading in his spare time.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: January 22, 2016, 10:50:47 am »

I only want to claim if like half the town is onboard. But with all these pros, shouldn't we just be able to find scum? I mean, I'll help as much as I can, but I'll probably just get in the way. Oh, and explaining my vote on Hydrad:

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Umbrage%27s_Guide_on_How_to_Win_Scum_Games
I think links are allowed, but Hydrad seems like he's starting to do this, especially one and two. Since he is doing both one and two, I think he's just going down the list and hoping he can win this way.

So I had the idea initially that maybe RR was coached to do something like this (most likely coaching partner for such a thing would be EFHW  or SS).  However, he waited quite a while until this came up, and specifically on Hydrad.  I think if he was planning to construct this 'read' through this link, he would have sprung it a bit sooner; most other people had claimed to believe me, and there was friendly joking going on.  This feels more genuine.

There is no need for RR to be coached to come up with something like that.  Like I say, you underestimate him.  But, I don't find either example particularly scummy.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #780 on: January 22, 2016, 10:51:38 am »

Also that guide is terrible, I don't think anyone would give that to anyone as a coaching tool.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: January 22, 2016, 10:52:35 am »

Possible. I'm very curious about you reading him in MArvel Heroes and finding him very different because he seems exactly the same to me.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: January 22, 2016, 10:54:13 am »

There is no need for RR to be coached to come up with something like that.  Like I say, you underestimate him.  But, I don't find either example particularly scummy.

Well, yes, he could have just been scanning Mafiascum.  My thought was more that there was a discussion in scum QT and someone said "hey, you're still pretty new, I think this would be believable from you".  I suppose I checked out Mafiascum heavily in my early games, though mostly for role definitions.  I never came across that article. 

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: January 22, 2016, 10:54:42 am »

Also that guide is terrible, I don't think anyone would give that to anyone as a coaching tool.

In this scenario, it only has to make him look townie. 

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: January 22, 2016, 10:54:57 am »

Possible. I'm very curious about you reading him in MArvel Heroes and finding him very different because he seems exactly the same to me.

In Marvel Heroes he jumps in with both feet, with only the occasional self-deprecation.  He takes chances and has opinions.  And scumhunts, too.  Has he done much by way of scumhunting here?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: January 22, 2016, 10:56:45 am »

Rereading Day 1 is moving RR to more town and EFHW/Teproc to less town.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: January 22, 2016, 10:57:07 am »

Also, silverspawn's reread of Awaclus feels pretty scummy to me... at the same time, scum does not want town!Awaclus dead, he's their best asset if he's town, so I'm not sure it fully makes sense for scum!silver to go after him. I guess he doesn't have a lot of other options, his meta makes it kinda hard to goa fter RR.

Checking mafiascum is an infinitely worse idea than reading agmes on fds, because those games are actually in our collective consciousness (the recent ones at least). If someone coached him by telling him to read that stuff, well they're not a good coach.

PPE : I don't remember him scumhunting that much in Marvel, no more than in this game : he did make a case on hydrad, and then well, no one scumhunted on days 2 and 3 because that's not how things were going.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: January 22, 2016, 10:57:25 am »

I hope you're joking. Do you think I would provide the link to the thing I was doing as scum?

Well, I think you totally would.

Vote: RR

vote: Awaclus

I agree Awaclus is wrong here, why does that merit a vote?

I think Xerxes is likely to say this about a partner. 

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: January 22, 2016, 10:59:02 am »

Also, silverspawn's reread of Awaclus feels pretty scummy to me... at the same time, scum does not want town!Awaclus dead, he's their best asset if he's town, so I'm not sure it fully makes sense for scum!silver to go after him. I guess he doesn't have a lot of other options, his meta makes it kinda hard to goa fter RR.

Checking mafiascum is an infinitely worse idea than reading agmes on fds, because those games are actually in our collective consciousness (the recent ones at least). If someone coached him by telling him to read that stuff, well they're not a good coach.

PPE : I don't remember him scumhunting that much in Marvel, no more than in this game : he did make a case on hydrad, and then well, no one scumhunted on days 2 and 3 because that's not how things were going.

I think you're missing the point.  Not coaching to make him a better mafia player in general, but coaching to do something that makes him appear townie in this game in particular.  And that was, generally, everyone's reaction. 

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: January 22, 2016, 11:00:07 am »

Actually let's

vote: Awaclus

As close to a policy vote as I'll ever get. Except I really am doing it for our chances to win this game : I think Awaclus, if he is town, will never be killed because scum know he'll never vote for anyone else than WW. Which, if WW is town, means that they win as soon as they get both of them to lylo.

And if he's town, well great.

PPE : Ah, I see. I guess.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: January 22, 2016, 11:00:30 am »

Might be L-1 ?

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: January 22, 2016, 11:01:40 am »

Definitely L-1.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: January 22, 2016, 11:02:03 am »

ah, RR is obv!town again. that is good.

Hydrad I don't know.

uh vote: WW

Interesting. Why?

honestly, no idea.

oh he was the one who claimed. right.

well, I don't think claiming was good. but I do probably give it town points.

Well this is a bit townier from SS.  You tend to pay attention to these things more as scum.  Not sure it means much in this case, though.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: January 22, 2016, 11:02:34 am »

Or not. WW unvoted, nevermind.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #794 on: January 22, 2016, 11:03:39 am »

As close to a policy vote as I'll ever get. Except I really am doing it for our chances to win this game : I think Awaclus, if he is town, will never be killed because scum know he'll never vote for anyone else than WW. Which, if WW is town, means that they win as soon as they get both of them to lylo.

That won't happen because WW isn't town.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #795 on: January 22, 2016, 11:04:43 am »

It also won't happen because WW won't make it to LyLo.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: January 22, 2016, 11:07:41 am »

Also, that wagon looks awesome.  WW, Tep, ADK, faust, and me?  Cray-cray.

Huh, look at this.  Teproc is only possible scum on that wagon.  And, I talked him into jumping on.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #797 on: January 22, 2016, 11:09:05 am »

Also, that wagon looks awesome.  WW, Tep, ADK, faust, and me?  Cray-cray.

Huh, look at this.  Teproc is only possible scum on that wagon.  And, I talked him into jumping on.

You and RR are also possible scum on that wagon.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: January 22, 2016, 11:09:52 am »

RR is off my lynch table for today.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #799 on: January 22, 2016, 11:10:20 am »

RR is my partner.

Doesn't surprise me, honestly.

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 51  All

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 16 queries.