Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 51  All

Author Topic: Mafia 74 - X-Shots 2 - Apocalypse Now! (Game Over)  (Read 113361 times)

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 74 - X-Shots 2 - Apocalypse Now! (Day4)
« Reply #475 on: January 19, 2016, 02:31:48 pm »

I wasn't thinking that either, but... actually I think we can talk about it :

1) I'm slightly surprised WW didn't shoot last night. If he had, he would definitely want to talk about his night actions, since he'd have good reasons to think whoever he shot was scum (since bulletproof is one of the main ways to explain no death here, though there are obviously others)
2) I'm even more surprised WW didn't die last night. Scum lost heir roleblocker, so dealing with him is a lot tougher. Him not dying could mean they trusted he wasn't about to shoot them but, well, WW's reads aren't well-known, so I'd be scared if I was scum.

I guess whether or not WW shot the night before that is pretty irrelevant, he was very likely roleblocked anyway and that doesn't tell us much.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: January 19, 2016, 02:32:42 pm »

So, I guess I'll ask again, more specifically : why didn't yuo shoot last night WW ? Or, if you did, who did you target ? Because that makes them much more likely to be scum here.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: January 19, 2016, 02:33:13 pm »

Have we considered that WW could be lying?
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: January 19, 2016, 02:35:21 pm »

That is wht I'm getting at, yes. Well, I don't know if I'm getting at that, but it's why I'm asking this.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: January 19, 2016, 02:36:41 pm »

That is what I'm getting at, yes. Well, I don't know if I'm getting at that, but it's why I'm asking this.
I'm not sure if I want to vote for you or WW at this point. But I think it's one of you.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 74 - X-Shots 2 - Apocalypse Now! (Day1)
« Reply #480 on: January 19, 2016, 02:36:47 pm »

Vote: Hydrad

Oh?

Ibteresting
And I have really good reasoning.

Wanna share it?
Sure!
Is this a joke, or is this a joke? (please explain?)

Vote: Hydrad

Oh?

Ibteresting
And I have really good reasoning.

Wanna share it?
Sure!
Is this a joke, or is this a joke? (please explain?)
Check post #163
Hmm, it's been a long time since I've seen an actual case. vote: hydrad
I'll examine the reasoning in a bit, but I like that this is less-WIFOMy.

I hope you're joking. Do you think I would provide the link to the thing I was doing as scum?

Well, I think you totally would.

Vote: RR

vote: Awaclus

I agree Awaclus is wrong here, why does that merit a vote?

Sum total of XP's relevant posts this game. Short days do have a downside. I consider anything in day 2 irrelevant because he knew he'd flip sooner or later at that point.

I guess this makes Awaclus slightly scummier.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: January 19, 2016, 02:36:58 pm »

That is what I'm getting at, yes. Well, I don't know if I'm getting at that, but it's why I'm asking this.
I'm not sure if I want to vote for you or WW at this point. But I think it's one of you.

Why is that ?

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: January 19, 2016, 02:38:24 pm »

Why is that ?
WW because he's probably a liar and you because people think you're scummy and they seem to know what they're talking about.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: January 19, 2016, 02:39:06 pm »

THey don't, but I'm sure we'll get to that.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: January 19, 2016, 02:39:50 pm »

We're talking about like everyone who's left. Are they all wrong?

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: January 19, 2016, 02:40:36 pm »

I'm playing devil's advocate BTW, I don't think you're super scummy. You were confused and frustrated with the Ashersky thing, just like me.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: January 19, 2016, 02:41:02 pm »

As far as I know EFHW is the only one who definitely thinks I'm scum (or at least thought so yesterday). gkriegk though so too I think, but that's aboutit.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: January 19, 2016, 02:41:30 pm »

And again, we'll get to that soon enough. I'm sure EFHW will vote for me when she gets there.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: January 19, 2016, 02:41:47 pm »

As far as I know EFHW is the only one who definitely thinks I'm scum (or at least thought so yesterday). gkriegk though so too I think, but that's aboutit.
And now gkreig's dead. I blame WW, but it is suspicious.
PPE

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: January 19, 2016, 02:48:16 pm »

So, I guess I'll ask again, more specifically : why didn't yuo shoot last night WW ? Or, if you did, who did you target ? Because that makes them much more likely to be scum here.

Thought about it some more, and I no longer want you to answer that.

I will ask this instead : do you have a specific reason to want a massclaim, or are you just rhowing it out there ?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: January 19, 2016, 02:48:39 pm »

Thought about it some more, and I no longer want you to answer that.

I will ask this instead : do you have a specific reason to want a massclaim, or are you just rhowing it out there ?

I  have a specific reason.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: January 19, 2016, 02:48:54 pm »

Though I should say I'm  not 100% certain it will be fruitful.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: January 19, 2016, 02:49:58 pm »

Though I should say I'm  not 100% certain it will be fruitful.

I see. I'm... well I'm not sure I'm in favor, but I'm no longer opposed, I'll say that.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #493 on: January 19, 2016, 02:53:54 pm »

Well, if WW is telling the truth, there should be one more PR (can't have just 3 because the three we know, including WW, don't have any duplicates and contain a Roleblock, and can't have 5 because we have two 1-3s). I think if we can leave it up to that guy if he wants to claim or not, because I don't see the benefit of everyone else just claiming VT (and if scum wants to counterclaim him, I don't think the order matters all that much).
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #494 on: January 19, 2016, 02:54:42 pm »

Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: January 19, 2016, 02:58:28 pm »

So you're saying scum would just claim VT?

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 74 - X-Shots 2 - Apocalypse Now! (Day2)
« Reply #496 on: January 19, 2016, 03:03:52 pm »

Interactions of other people with XP :

None to speak of before ash claims. So let's phrase this differently : day 2 analysis.

Vote: XP

This is immediately after ash's claim. I find this scummy. As scum, you kind of assume PRs will be believed because, well, they're right. So you can either shut up and wait to see where things go, or immediately vote. Trying to talk things out is pretty dangerous because, well, faking a town perspective is hard enough as it is, it gets even harder when it gets to believing PRs.

Obviously there's the "argue against it" option as well... anything I might say about that would amount to WIFOM, so I'll leave it there.

Okay, I know I said I wouldn't talk because I just need to crawl in a corner and die, but this is honestly stupid.

Ash seems really scummy (not that I know, cause my reads are Grade-A trash) especially with the pick A or B crap. You're not confirmed town. You'd like to think you are, but you're not. You've been a very scummy 'cop,' and Teproc makes good points. But I'm not voting until we hear from Xerxes.
PPE

Scummy as well. At this point ash is udner suspicion from me only, but that's still something scum can grasp onto, especially since RR is just putting this on me here (which, fair enough, but still I'd expect on-wagon scum to have done that to hope for another mislynch later). It's a little hedgier than I'd expect from scum though, and hesitation is townie. Not sure where RR lands here.

The hammer was not scummy.  Tell me how it was scummy.

It was the shift from this, where you are very non-committal and seemingly uninspired about a Hydrad lynch:

Eh, I don't think I'd hammer.  Maybe I would.  Dunno.

I think I'm anti-PR claim at this point if we don't have a specific lying policy in place to WIFOM scum with.

to this, where you take Hydrad's guilt as a given and start speculating about other people with the given that Hydrad would flip scum:

I actually think only one scum would be bussing here, at most.  It's early, no one would really expect a lynch to happen, no urgency to be on the wagon.

PPS with the fake vote due to fear of hammer is probably scummiest looking here.

I like awaclus as the other partner.

Hydrad - Awaclus - PPS - SS scumteam.

I would vote Hydrad. But I do not want to end the game. And seeing how ash is in the background, I would not be a bit surprised if he hammered once Hydrad is at L-1.

Oh, it was faust who said that.  And he really did vote.

So town points there.

My impression is that you are being "mistakenly certain" in order to seem towny.

PPE: a bunch of posts I didn't read yet

Pretty townie. Doesn't actually adress the claim itself, focuses on my arguments against ash in general, which I think is a pretty townie approach. EFHW isn't trying to take a stance for the future, she's just trying to assess how likely ash is to be scum. Well, not so much in this post, but that's the feeling I get from it.

Okay, I know I said I wouldn't talk because I just need to crawl in a corner and die, but this is honestly stupid.

Ash seems really scummy (not that I know, cause my reads are Grade-A trash) especially with the pick A or B crap. You're not confirmed town. You'd like to think you are, but you're not. You've been a very scummy 'cop,' and Teproc makes good points. But I'm not voting until we hear from Xerxes.
PPE

You have now heard from me. What more do you want to hear? I can talk about whatever, but I'm busy and I don't want to waste time on something nobody will read.

PPE 2
I'd sort of like to hear a claim, but maybe not until someone else votes for you. You mentioned redirection, I wonder what Ashersky thinks about that...
PPE

Getting worse for RR here. Seems like he's saying *psst, remeber how we didn't lynch contradicting claims because of redirection recently ? Mabe that's our narrative to get out of this !*

Has ashersky answered Teproc's question about why he chose to investigate XP?  I know he has evaded the one about what role he had that allowed him to investigate.

See above re: EFHW.

vote: ashersky

A decisive vote, as it leads ash to self-vote immediately after that. Pretty bold, but I think scum!silver is capable of it. Still, leaning town here.

Sigh...

In response to ash's self-vote. As I have the benefit of knowing I'm town, EFHW having the same reaction as me is a further indication of her towniness.

I'll ignore EFHW hereafter because she comes out the towniest out of all of this, clearly.

Vote: ash

Well, Awaclus is Awaclus, so of course he'd do this as town. Basically I think town!Awaclus has a 50% chance of posting this in taht situation (the other option being the same post with XP instead of ash), whereas scum!Awaclus has a 100% chance of postig this. Scummy then.

Okay, Teproc, I guess life goes on. Now I'm going to Vote: Ashersky. He's been a very, very scummy 'PR.'
PPE

L-1 on ash. A little bold for scum!RR I think.

And then ash self-hammers.

So :
- EFHW is obvtown
- RR is null-ish
- Awaclus and EgorK are scummy

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #497 on: January 19, 2016, 03:04:49 pm »

So you're saying that they would fake claim a PR?

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: January 19, 2016, 03:05:42 pm »

Fairly certain we don't want to say what we expect scum to do in case of a massclaim here.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: January 19, 2016, 03:07:29 pm »

So you're saying that they would fake claim a PR?

What would you do?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 51  All

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 14 queries.