Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 51  All

Author Topic: Mafia 74 - X-Shots 2 - Apocalypse Now! (Game Over)  (Read 114178 times)

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 74 - X-Shots 2 - Apocalypse Now! (Day1)
« Reply #200 on: January 12, 2016, 02:33:00 pm »

This is why I didn't want to make a case. You change one thing in your developing meta and bam, you're a suspect.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #201 on: January 12, 2016, 02:36:09 pm »

I hope you're joking. Do you think I would provide the link to the thing I was doing as scum?

Well, I think you totally would.

Vote: RR
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 12, 2016, 02:40:05 pm »

Why are we taking this Umbrage thing seriously ? Evne if eveyrthin he said was true he was talking about the mafiascum meta at a specific time, which is very different from the f.ds meta.

Slight town points to RR for bringing it up, because town!RR is more liekl to be scouring mafiascum for finding tricks to catch scum. There aren't any though, you just have to get people's meta and adjust accordingly. WHich means that this particular case applied to Hydrad is pretty horrible.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 12, 2016, 02:41:10 pm »

I hope you're joking. Do you think I would provide the link to the thing I was doing as scum?

vote: Awaclus
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 12, 2016, 02:46:32 pm »

Why are we taking this Umbrage thing seriously ? Evne if eveyrthin he said was true he was talking about the mafiascum meta at a specific time, which is very different from the f.ds meta.

Slight town points to RR for bringing it up, because town!RR is more liekl to be scouring mafiascum for finding tricks to catch scum. There aren't any though, you just have to get people's meta and adjust accordingly. WHich means that this particular case applied to Hydrad is pretty horrible.

And yet Hydrad being extremely understanding of it and encouraging RR not to be upset "when he flips town" is very scummy.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 12, 2016, 02:47:01 pm »

I was scouring Mafia scum so that I could make more jokes about being a Lyncher or Gladiator and such, but thanks for the points!

And that article is from 2012, I should've thought about that. I still like my case, but it won't take off after this.
PPE

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 12, 2016, 03:06:49 pm »

And yet Hydrad being extremely understanding of it and encouraging RR not to be upset "when he flips town" is very scummy.

You're right actually. He also complimented me on my case on him in marvel Heroes, maybe it's a thing he does as scum.

vote: Hydrad

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 12, 2016, 03:08:39 pm »

I'm wondering about gkrieg.  He usually weighs in more, and also more thoughtfully.  His comment about Umbrage's list seemed "safe" b/c it had the article "speaking" with him.  You can feel unsupported as scum because you can't talk with your partners, and every post is a risk. I don't remember what else he has said.  I'll go back and look before voting.

I've been lurking a lot this game. I just haven't gotten into it yet.  I feel like we have done some theory discussion and we are still in RVS, so I haven't been too interested.  I've also been busy IRL and on the forum doing survivor and playing league matches.  I'll get more into this tonight.

PPE

I don't know.  I just always take "I can't get into it" and "too much theory" as pretty weak explanations.  Almost everyone has voted.  Some of those are RVS votes, but there's already been a claim and discussion of cases, in addition to theory.  I'll look forward to reading more as you get more engaged so I can get a better sense of where you are coming from. 

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 12, 2016, 03:15:50 pm »

This is why I didn't want to make a case. You change one thing in your developing meta and bam, you're a suspect.

It's not about you!  This is how games go.  We have 13 players, and you are one of them.  Just make your contributions and don't fret about what we think of you.  We like you, you say good things.  Sometimes you will be wrong, and sometimes you will be right and no one will listen to you.  Sometimes people will act all annoyed, and it's part of their scum act.  You've been accepted as a serious player, so go easy on the self-deprecating comments.  It makes it very hard to consider your points. 

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 12, 2016, 04:10:40 pm »

It's not about you!  This is how games go.  We have 13 players, and you are one of them.  Just make your contributions and don't fret about what we think of you.  We like you, you say good things.  Sometimes you will be wrong, and sometimes you will be right and no one will listen to you.  Sometimes people will act all annoyed, and it's part of their scum act.  You've been accepted as a serious player, so go easy on the self-deprecating comments.  It makes it very hard to consider your points.
You know what? I pretty much agree with you here, except for the 'you've been accepted as a serious player' line.
Thanks.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: January 12, 2016, 06:05:26 pm »

I thought it applied pretty well to f.ds mafia. 

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 12, 2016, 06:08:27 pm »

I thought it applied pretty well to f.ds mafia.

I agree with this.  I don't feel like the meta here is different enough that some of those points don't apply

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 12, 2016, 06:30:01 pm »

I agree Awaclus is wrong here, why does that merit a vote?

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 12, 2016, 06:31:27 pm »

It's not unreasonable to think that someone suggested you do this in your scum QT.
You know, this really happens much less than people suggest it does. I mean, it's possible, but who do you think would do that?

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 12, 2016, 06:43:37 pm »

I agree Awaclus is wrong here, why does that merit a vote?

Awaclus explaining his vote is a scumtell.

Vote: Awaclus
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 12, 2016, 06:53:57 pm »

Back to the semi-mass claim.

In favor:
faust, Teproc, gkrieg13, Roadrunner, Hydrad

On the fence:
ADK, Xerxes

Opposed:
silverspawn, EFHW

No opinion voiced:
WW, Egor, ashersky, Awaclus

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 12, 2016, 06:58:25 pm »

I would like the guys in the last category to weigh in.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 12, 2016, 07:06:43 pm »

You know what? I pretty much agree with you here, except for the 'you've been accepted as a serious player' line.
Thanks.

The fact that you made that post gives you points in my eyes. And makes me think you are town here. I'm not convinced that Hydrad is scum but could definitely vote for him. I think I said all this before but man it's been like a whole 24 hours since I looked at this game or something.

I am in favor of the semi-mass claim, I have decided.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 12, 2016, 07:10:57 pm »

I think I am opposed.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 12, 2016, 07:25:52 pm »

ah, RR is obv!town again. that is good.

Hydrad I don't know.

uh vote: WW

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 12, 2016, 07:33:12 pm »

For real real?

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 12, 2016, 07:33:49 pm »

ah, RR is obv!town again. that is good.

Hydrad I don't know.

uh vote: WW

Interesting. Why?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 12, 2016, 07:47:12 pm »

honestly, no idea.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 12, 2016, 08:09:46 pm »

honestly, no idea.

How do you feel about his claim?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 12, 2016, 08:15:28 pm »

oh he was the one who claimed. right.

well, I don't think claiming was good. but I do probably give it town points.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 51  All

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 16 queries.