Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 30  All

Author Topic: Secret Hitler I [Round 12]  (Read 73309 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: Secret Hitler I [Round 8S]
« Reply #525 on: February 24, 2016, 12:32:45 pm »

Great.

Now, I know I said I'd choose Tables, but I have to consider the option that you are fascist and choose me exactly cuz I said I'd choose Tables. So, give me some times do decide.

Out of me, Arch and Tables I like Tables the least. I like myself most (I am liberal) Arch next (if he is liberal, which is likely, it will clear me as well)

What makes you think that Arch is liberal?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: February 24, 2016, 12:58:09 pm »

Gkrieg:
Nominate: Hydrad
Shoot: Ghost

Ghost:
Nominate: EgorK
Shoot: Archetype

Tables:
Nominate: Grujah
Kill: Gkrieg

ADK:
Nominate: Grujah
Kill: Ghost

Hydrad:
Nominate: Gkrieg
Kill: Arch/Tables/EgorK

Grujah:
Nominate: Tables
Kill: Arch/EgorK

I think this is everyone who posted? faust obviously couldn't, Arch and EgorK appear to be AWOL (which is a shame, I wanted to see who they claim they'd nominate and shoot, since it might be a clue towards Hitler).
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: February 24, 2016, 01:43:32 pm »

Great.

Now, I know I said I'd choose Tables, but I have to consider the option that you are fascist and choose me exactly cuz I said I'd choose Tables. So, give me some times do decide.

Out of me, Arch and Tables I like Tables the least. I like myself most (I am liberal) Arch next (if he is liberal, which is likely, it will clear me as well)

What makes you think that Arch is liberal?

If he is not then both him and Tables are fascist, and it does not make sense unless Tables is Hitler

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: February 24, 2016, 02:57:35 pm »

Great.

I would assume you don't like tables at all, as he is confirmed fascist to you. I am not considering you or Arch at all. I might choose Hydrad, he seems like least likely to be H out of 4 people "on train". Him or Tables, I need to read stuff.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: February 24, 2016, 03:37:21 pm »

Great.

I would assume you don't like tables at all, as he is confirmed fascist to you. I am not considering you or Arch at all. I might choose Hydrad, he seems like least likely to be H out of 4 people "on train". Him or Tables, I need to read stuff.

Well, at least you could kill him right away after he would choose F out of FL. If you are L, out of 5 remaining players there are likely 2L and 3F. Likely one of F is Hitler. I do not know, if you do not look at me or Arch I do not like town chances here anyway

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: February 24, 2016, 04:51:46 pm »

Arcetype has posted literally nothing for like half of the game. How should we be able to trust him?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: February 24, 2016, 04:52:58 pm »

Arcetype has posted literally nothing for like half of the game. How should we be able to trust him?

this

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: February 24, 2016, 04:54:23 pm »

I might choose Hydrad, he seems like least likely to be H out of 4 people "on train". Him or Tables, I need to read stuff.

I don't understand this.  Why does he seem least likely to be hitler out of the 4 people "on train"?  I would be fine with myself, Hydrad, or Tables as chancellor, but would prefer myself.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: February 24, 2016, 05:02:29 pm »

I might choose Hydrad, he seems like least likely to be H out of 4 people "on train". Him or Tables, I need to read stuff.

I don't understand this.  Why does he seem least likely to be hitler out of the 4 people "on train"?  I would be fine with myself, Hydrad, or Tables as chancellor, but would prefer myself.

It's because I'm so towny!

I'd mainly prefer me or gkrieg right now. I still don't like making egork/tables in it as even if we pick the fascist one and shoot them we have a highish chance of just losing to bad luck in my mind. Although maybe I'm to worried. I haven't actually done the math at all so who knows.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: February 24, 2016, 06:24:11 pm »

This x100.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: February 24, 2016, 06:42:52 pm »

Why is this a problem? You proposed Hydrad as Chancellor yourself, didn't you? So I assume you agree with Grujah on this.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: February 24, 2016, 06:50:08 pm »

Why is this a problem? You proposed Hydrad as Chancellor yourself, didn't you? So I assume you agree with Grujah on this.

I didn't understand the words. Language problem not idea problem.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: February 24, 2016, 07:15:43 pm »

I'm very iffy on Grujah. I don't like that he switched from no to yes on (practically) the same government with no real new info.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: February 24, 2016, 07:26:32 pm »

I seriously just remembered that you guys passed a L and it completely didn't cross my mind that it was LLL. It is dumb, but really that's the whole story.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: February 24, 2016, 08:58:08 pm »

To be clear, he has voted each round, but indeed he has not posted in the thread since Round 4.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: February 24, 2016, 09:53:32 pm »

So yeah, arch=fascistftp://
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: February 25, 2016, 06:08:36 am »

Sorry, it does not make any sense to me. Tables play then is very strange - isolating himself with 1L and 1F is bad for fascists. On the other hand if Arch is L, his play make perfect sense

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: February 25, 2016, 08:42:50 am »

Sorry, it does not make any sense to me. Tables play then is very strange - isolating himself with 1L and 1F is bad for fascists. On the other hand if Arch is L, his play make perfect sense

I'm sorry but how does not posting at all for half the game make sense for a liberal?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: February 25, 2016, 08:43:35 am »

Oh tables play. I mean I guess you have to say that.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: February 25, 2016, 08:51:55 am »

I'm sorry but how does not posting at all for half the game make sense for a liberal?

I can say by my own experience that it is pretty depressing to be isolated like I was

ghostofmars

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: February 25, 2016, 01:47:28 pm »

So here is a thought I recently had when looking at the voting pattern. 3 governments so far have been approved by 7 players (Archetype/ghost, Tables/EgorK, and Hydrad/gkrieg), I'd claim that in each of those there is at least one fascist. That leaves one fascist for faust/ADK/Grujah or a government could have been formed by two fascists.

Let's look into the options in detail
Archetype: He might be Hitler that got unlucky and drew FFF. He is probably a regular fascist that more or less resigned after getting his job done (enact a fascist law). If he is liberal, he probably cost us the game by being so inactive. Furthermore, we would need to explain why the fascists approved a liberal president, when the next player in line (Tables) is fascist (a liberal Archetype requires fascist!Tables).

ghost: Apparently I'm bad at communicating, because the consensus is that I'm fascist. At least two players consider me more fascist than Archetype, even though he enacted a fascist law. For me fascist!Archetype and fascist!ghost only makes sense if the plan was to get some credit for enacting a liberal law. I doubt that it is a good strategy, but most of the rest of the players seem to have a different idea how to play this game anyway.

Tables: It is near impossible that both he and EgorK are fascist. At that point they were ahead, so it seems ridiculous they would stage a fight compromising both. For the same reason, I doubt that either of them is Hitler. The main question is why the fascists approved Tables if he is liberal. So I maintain that liberal!Tables would imply that ADK and/or me are fascist.

EgorK: If he is fascist, he made a very dumb move that outed both Archetype and himself and will possibly get him shot. I agree that his posts appear scummy, for example his recent defense of Archetype or his small number of posts after Tables accusations. But it may be that he just suffered from being the less active and less articulate player.

Hydrad: He enacted a liberal law, so it is likely that he is not a regular fascist (though he might have drawn FLL and not have a choice). It is possible that he is Hitler, so I would avoid putting him on the government. Imho, his voting patterns are strange, but that might be his way of playing.

gkrieg: He enacted a liberal law at a point, where I guess a regular fascist would have sacrificed to get a fascist law in play, so probably not a regular fascist. Similar to Hydrad, he may be Hitler playing liberal. Because he didn't get approved in round 1, I have a better opinion of him than of Hydrad.

Of the remaining players, I expect the fascist rather among faust/ADK, because they were approved whereas Grujah was not involved in any government, yet. It may be that Grujah is Hitler though. Which of faust/ADK is fascist depends on the alignment of Tables.

Summarizing my reads
Regular fascist: Archetype > Tables >> faust > EgorK >> ADK > Grujah > Hydrad > gkrieg
Hitler: Hydrad > gkrieg >> Grujah > faust > ADK >> Archetype >> Tables > EgorK

@Grujah: So while I would prefer EgorK to Tables as chancellor, in the interest of proposing a government that actually gets a majority, I'd ask you to appoint Tables.

ghostofmars

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: February 25, 2016, 01:54:54 pm »

I disagree, perhaps fascist!Tables saw that fascist!Archetype was getting blamed more than me (the chancellor); at least at that point. Hence, he decided it is better to take liberal!you with him than to get all the blame on him. Furthermore, he removed an investigated-liberal player from the circle, so imho it makes perfect sense that fascist!Tables plays the way he did. Of course, it makes also sense with liberal!Archetype, but Archetype's play makes little sense as liberal.

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: February 25, 2016, 02:22:25 pm »

I disagree, perhaps fascist!Tables saw that fascist!Archetype was getting blamed more than me (the chancellor); at least at that point. Hence, he decided it is better to take liberal!you with him than to get all the blame on him. Furthermore, he removed an investigated-liberal player from the circle, so imho it makes perfect sense that fascist!Tables plays the way he did. Of course, it makes also sense with liberal!Archetype, but Archetype's play makes little sense as liberal.

Fascist me + Arch makes it a bit of a strange play, though, right? It immediately sets me at loggerheads with Arch for the rest of the game. Fascist me + Liberal Arch makes it a dangerous play, I'd be outing myself to two liberal players, and while nobody knows for sure that they're telling the truth, with two people who know they're right it would force me into a rough position for the rest of the game. Not to mention it would make it very unlikely for me to ever be Chancellor or President again. I'm not saying either of the above are impossible, but both are very risky plays if I were fascist. Just a little slip on my part as I pushed myself under fire, and I'd not only out myself but pretty close to clear two people in the process.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: February 25, 2016, 02:33:44 pm »

@ghost - faust is pretty much high on facist list for you, and Tables very low on Hitler list. Did you take in cosideration that faust wants Tables chancellor so he choice me?

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: February 25, 2016, 02:36:20 pm »

As for my "Hydrad is the lowest", for sure he is to me lower than gkrieg who gave me serious Hitler vibes at start, when he was so liberalish. If Faust or ADK were fascist they stuck me more likely to be regular ones, that's how I got there.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 30  All

Page created in 0.861 seconds with 20 queries.