Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 30  All

Author Topic: Secret Hitler I [Round 12]  (Read 74052 times)

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
    • View Profile
Re: Secret Hitler I [Round 1]
« Reply #275 on: January 19, 2016, 12:49:07 pm »

I haven't seen much objection to it, so am going to investigate Faust soon unless someone strongly objects.
If you are liberal, you should try to catch one of the remaining fascists. So if you want to investigate him, I would like to know what makes you think he is fascist.

The more I think about it, the more I actually realise that you're probably right. The odds are pretty low, however, that I do find a fascist, but throwing an extra counterclaim of X being fascist into the mix would certainly be great for everyone else, and it'd mean I know 3/4 of the fascists. Knowing a definite Liberal is also really good though, so I dunno, it's not the end of the world.

So... yeah, I think you're right. I really want to know faust's loyalty because he's one of the most active players, and that's useful alone, but gunning for the most likely suspect is probably more useful. Sadly right now I don't really have any other top suspects beyond the obvious two, so, I dunno. I'll have to think about it a little more.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 19, 2016, 01:01:48 pm »

I haven't seen much objection to it, so am going to investigate Faust soon unless someone strongly objects.
If you are liberal, you should try to catch one of the remaining fascists. So if you want to investigate him, I would like to know what makes you think he is fascist.

I agree with this sentiment

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Secret Hitler I
« Reply #277 on: January 19, 2016, 01:10:22 pm »

Rounds, Votes, Policies

Round 1:
Presidential Candidate:  gkrieg13
Chancellor Candidate: A Drowned Kernel
Ja: gkrieg13, A Drowned Kernel, Hydrad, Grujah
Nein: Archetype, Tables, ghostofmars, faust, EgorK
Result:  No government formed

Round 2:
Presidential Candidate:  Archetype
Chancellor Candidate:  ghostofmars
Ja: gkrieg13, Archetype, A Drowned Kernel, ghostofmars, Hydrad, faust, EgorK
Nein: Tables, Grujah
Result:  Fascist policy enacted; Archetype investigated EgorK

Round 3:
Presidential Candidate:  Tables
Chancellor Candidate: EgorK
Ja: gkrieg13, Archetype, Hydrad, faust, EgorK, Tables, Grujah
Nein: A Drowned Kernel, ghostofmars
Result:  Fascist policy enacted

This looks great by the way!

Looking at this, I was hoping I could figure something out.  Unfortunately, everyone who is under investigation (Tables, EgorK, Arch) all voted against me in the first round and everyone voted ja on the two fascist policies except the next two potential presidential candidates except that ADK voted the 2nd policy through and grujah voted nein.  So if a policy goes through except for the next presidential candidates, does that mean a fascist is on it?  Clearly the 3rd round had a fascist on it, but for the second round, do we think there was a fascist in the government just based off of the voting pattern?  I think this makes my greatest liberal read on ghostofmars, with a pretty liberal read on ADK, because they both were against the mission with a fascist on it.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 19, 2016, 01:46:18 pm »

ADK voting no doesn't necessarily indicate that he's liberal, since he was in line to become president that round anyway. However the yes and no votes to M1 become interesting, I think that does make it more likely that ADK is liberal. Hmm... just based on votes so far I would say:

gkrieg13 - Voting pattern looks ehh, however both fascists I know voted the mission down, so... slightly liberal.

A Drowned Kernel - on ghosts proposal one, which many fascists voted down. Voted down R2.1, but was in line for presidency. Slightly liberal.

ghostofmars - Was picked by a fascist for a mission proposal, which I think makes him unlikely to be a fascist himself. Liberal.

Hydrad - Voted up M1.1, but also voted up both fascist missions. Sightly fascist.

Grujah - Voted down M1.2 and voted up M1.1. Liberal.

faust - Uh, so faust actually voted down M1.1 and then voted up both other missions, which were both fascist. That's... interesting. I know he's given reasons for these votes before, but just based on the votes, fascist.

When I add in reads based on posts and whatnot, faust drops down a fair bit, and that I feel leaves Hydrad as my top scumread? I don't feel like his posts have convinced me of anything yet. Faust could still be scum, mind, so probably one of those two would be my best investigation target.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 20, 2016, 08:13:38 am »

I think it is foolish to ignore who other potential candidates were when evaluating voting patterns. Like, ADK and ghost voted against Tables/Egor, not because they have splendid reads, but because they wanted to be in the government themselves, and if they are fascist, it would have been very suspicious to support a another government over yours.

So Grujah is the only one who should get liberal points based on rounds 2 and 3. Round 1 is a tossup because we don't know alignments. However we have Egor, Arch, Tables as "no", so that's at least one fascist right there. (And at least one non-Hitler fascist, because I don't see Tables as Hitler here).

Eh. The other no vote aside from me is ghost. That makes me suspicious of him. I need to check back on his reasoning. Checking... okay, he wanted to be president earlier I guess. Makes sense, but is also convenient. There's the argument that fascist!Arch would not nominate fascist!ghost, but really, WIFOM. Hydrad seems suspicious although he upvoted the first mission.

So my top candidates are ghost and Hydrad. One of these should be investigated I think.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 20, 2016, 08:14:56 am »

Every single one of ghost's votes was not influenced by reads, but only by what gives him the best shot at being part of the government. That's bad.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 20, 2016, 01:29:45 pm »

So my top candidates are ghost and Hydrad. One of these should be investigated I think.

I though we are not directing the pick?

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 20, 2016, 03:03:35 pm »

Every single one of ghost's votes was not influenced by reads, but only by what gives him the best shot at being part of the government. That's bad.

I dunno about that. Very early in the game about all you know is that you're liberal, so the only thing you can really trust is getting yourself on the mission, with somone you don't feel is overly scummy. It's no more of a fascist play than it is a liberal play. Heck I'd say it's arguably more liberal, since fascists have three/four people they'd be happy with being on the mission, while liberals have one.

Right now I'm leaning slightly more towards faust. I think that Hydrad is a little bit more likely to be a fascist, but knowing faust's loyalty seems far more valuable, and I think the small drop in chance of actually catching a fascist is worth the insurance of a loyal result being still decent.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 20, 2016, 04:34:53 pm »

I though we are not directing the pick?

Well, that's certainly an interesting thought.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 20, 2016, 04:36:15 pm »

Right now I'm leaning slightly more towards faust. I think that Hydrad is a little bit more likely to be a fascist, but knowing faust's loyalty seems far more valuable, and I think the small drop in chance of actually catching a fascist is worth the insurance of a loyal result being still decent.

Look I can understand you wanting to have hard evidence but if you investigate me, that will not help anyone but yourself, because obviously people cannot trust you. It would really be a lot better if you investigated a fascist.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: January 21, 2016, 02:39:44 am »

Look I can understand you wanting to have hard evidence but if you investigate me, that will not help anyone but yourself, because obviously people cannot trust you. It would really be a lot better if you investigated a fascist.

That's what I'm trying to do. I already mentioned a few posts back that your voting history is actually rather alarming - voting up the two failed missions, and voting down the only currently unknown one. But really, there's a pretty low chance of me actually hitting a fascist right now - there's only 2 left in 6 people, and one of them is likely Hitler. And I disagree that it won't help anyone else. No matter what, it's still a new data point, and if you are a fascist then hey, that's even better.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 21, 2016, 06:57:02 am »

Jeez, I made a post last night, looks like it didn't go through.

You say things like this and it makes me want him investigate you more.

Also, I am starting to see things in gkrieg's way the more I think about it,  Arch/egor have heavier fascist reads, but Tables makes more sense.

Outlandish theory:
Tables is Hitler, draws FFL, sends FL to Egor. Egor wants to signal Tables, picks F. Tables decides to bus Egor.  Pretty risky however, as we might shot Tables too, so not very likely.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 21, 2016, 06:58:09 am »

It is also more dangerous if Tables is Fascist, as he is way more influential than Arch/Egor.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 21, 2016, 08:48:26 am »

You say things like this and it makes me want him investigate you more.

Yes? Uh why? Am I not making sense? Do you think I would say that if I was a fascist? Well, maybe I would, but if so, then certainly to appear like a liberal and not to get Tables to not investigate me...

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 21, 2016, 08:49:31 am »

Also, I am starting to see things in gkrieg's way the more I think about it,  Arch/egor have heavier fascist reads, but Tables makes more sense.

And could you back this up? It's not much use to throw statements like that around without some reasoning behind them.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 21, 2016, 01:17:57 pm »

I think it's time to take this shot.

Investigate faust

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 21, 2016, 02:01:18 pm »

Tables investigates faust by PM

This ends round 3. A Drowned Kernel is now the Presidential candidate.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
Re: Secret Hitler I [Round 4]
« Reply #292 on: January 21, 2016, 02:03:11 pm »

Current Game State

Round 4

Turn Order, current President or candidate in bold, current Chancellor or candidate in italic:

gkrieg13
Archetype
Tables
A Drowned Kernel
ghostofmars
Hydrad
Grujah
faust
EgorK

Liberal Policies enacted: 0
Fascist Policies enacted: 2
Next Executive Power: Special Election
Recent Failed Governments: 0

Deck: 11 cards
Discard: 4 cards

Deck and discard contain (total): 9 Fascist, 6 Liberal

Fate of the World:  Unknown
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 21, 2016, 02:13:05 pm »

Oh well. I had hoped for more information, but it's not the worst thing ever.

Let's play through the scum!Tables scenario... he wants to investigate a non-fascist because he doesn't want to lie because that would rob him of even more credibility? I suppose that course of action makes sense.

I do wonder, will people trust me in the government if Tables clears me?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 21, 2016, 02:14:42 pm »

Oh well. I had hoped for more information, but it's not the worst thing ever.

Let's play through the scum!Tables scenario... he wants to investigate a non-fascist because he doesn't want to lie because that would rob him of even more credibility? I suppose that course of action makes sense.

I do wonder, will people trust me in the government if Tables clears me?

I guess I would.  I would do it begrudgingly. 

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 21, 2016, 02:15:05 pm »

Of the possible presidents ADK/ghost/Hydrad, I actually like ADK best now. Which is sort of meh because it postpones me getting a shot at forming a government myself.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 21, 2016, 04:47:39 pm »

Eh. Liberal. Which is fine, I guess, not the result I was hoping for but I knew the odds weren't great.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 22, 2016, 01:48:16 pm »

I am gone skiing so will have limited access in next 5 days.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 22, 2016, 06:40:21 pm »

ok well lets just get a liberal thing finally...

also if hitler is the chancellor and picks the 3rd thing he doesn't win right? the 3rd facist has to already be picked and then hes chancellor?
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 22, 2016, 06:52:22 pm »

Right now I'd like to pick Hydrad or Faust. Which of those do people prefer?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 30  All

Page created in 2.013 seconds with 16 queries.