Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Who's summoning who?  (Read 23320 times)

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1686
    • View Profile
Re: Who's summoning who?
« Reply #75 on: December 11, 2015, 11:17:06 pm »
+7

Personally, my favorite time travel movie is Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure

Thief of Time.  That's the one.
I love Terry Pratchett

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

faust

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5161
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 12, 2015, 07:30:23 am »
+2

Butterfly effect and whatnot (hah, connected this with the OP).
I ninja'd that on page 1, I'm afraid, no credit to you. :P

Oh go on then, +1.

Pretty sure you just time travelled back to an earlier date when you saw this post to ninja it.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7866
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 12, 2015, 09:50:40 am »
+1

Maybe time travel just isn't as straightforward as we think it would be:

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
  • Respect: +559
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 12, 2015, 01:42:37 pm »
+3

The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

pedroluchini

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +205
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 14, 2015, 04:14:49 am »

unless you find that mask from Prince of Persia 2 that truely lets you alter the past - man, what a dumb game twist

I have to disagree! Warrior Within is a very flawed game, but this is one of the (few) things I liked about it. It paired a plot twist with a gameplay twist! Plot-wise, the Prince was on a very tight schedule in order to meet his other self; game-wise, the player had to rush because of the Prince's constantly-depleting health.

teamrocketgrunt

• Thief
  • Respect: +175
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 14, 2015, 06:15:42 am »

I have to disagree! Warrior Within is a very flawed game, but this is one of the (few) things I liked about it. It paired a plot twist with a gameplay twist! Plot-wise, the Prince was on a very tight schedule in order to meet his other self; game-wise, the player had to rush because of the Prince's constantly-depleting health.

Huh. It's (sort of) the other way around for me. I actually liked the game itself (I liked the additional challenge playing as the Sandwraith as well), but the plot-twist always felt very forced to me.

The Prince tries to prevent the Sands of Time from being created by travelling to the past. Then after facing so many challenges fighting his way through both the ruined palace in its present state and the glorious structure it once was, he realizes, his attempts at altering the present by altering the past were futile and that he himself caused the creation of the sands by travelling back in time. So far, so good. That felt consistent and - I thought -atmospheric. And then the game goes "But wait. All is not lost because - it just so happens - that there is one object that actually lets you alter the past. And - get that - it's also here in the palace that you're in right now."

I'm not even argueing on a time-travel-logic-level because the discussion in this forum made me realize how little I knew about different approaches, I just felt like the developers kind of pulled that item out of their sleeve to give the game a "good ending" and it screwed with the underlying message of the whole game: You can't outsmart your destiny.

I did play the game a couple of times. The first time when I was like fifteen, though. Maybe I formed an opinion too early. I don't know.
Join Team Rocket!

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #82 on: December 14, 2015, 07:52:25 am »

I think it was a good game. The plot is really just an excuse to have an action/platformer game with interesting mechanics, and the game doesn't really need to be anything more than that since it pulls it off very nicely.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 1.961 seconds with 21 queries.