Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]  All

Author Topic: What is the main problem with Playdominion now? (v2.0.43)  (Read 65322 times)

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
Re: What is the main problem with Playdominion now? (v2.0.43)
« Reply #225 on: November 04, 2015, 06:19:25 pm »

I've locked the voting now, since v2.0.43 is no longer the latest version and there's a risk that some new votes would be cast regarding the newer versions instead and make it unclear what the result represents.
[/quote

Maybe put out a poll as to what people want now. They seem to have made matchmaking better, I think. Although, it seems bots still count for pro points, and if you win serf bots 9 times in a row you are the best Dominion player in the world, but hey.

Accatitippi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Accatitippi
  • Silver is underraided
  • Respect: +1797
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 05, 2015, 05:35:18 am »

I've locked the voting now, since v2.0.43 is no longer the latest version and there's a risk that some new votes would be cast regarding the newer versions instead and make it unclear what the result represents.

Maybe put out a poll as to what people want now. They seem to have made matchmaking better, I think. Although, it seems bots still count for pro points, and if you win serf bots 9 times in a row you are the best Dominion player in the world, but hey.

I think you've got your quote tags a bit messed up. :)

I don't see why bots should be excluded from the ranking system, as long as the matchmaking and ranking algorithms are robust, and working well together.
In my opinion what happened there is because:
a) Serfbot is severely overrated due to (for some reason) being matched against new players only. I play almost exclusively bots, and I never get matched with serfbot outside Campaigns, so some sort of filter is in place there. I don't know if the guy requested to play Serfbot or if those games were random matches. If he requested it, those games should never count for any kind of serious leaderboard.
b) the ranking system might be too responsive.

theright555J

• Moneylender
  • Dragged into engines kicking and screaming!
  • Respect: +171
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 09, 2015, 07:41:59 pm »
+9

My biggest beef now is not being able to see the cards with a big hand. I had over 30 cards in my hand during a game today and literally had no idea what to play. Had to guess based on numbers of copies of cards in my deck, and I could have lost if I accidentally played a terminal.
Wondering what my name refers to?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cribbage_statistics

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
  • Respect: +1097
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 09, 2015, 09:39:28 pm »
+3

Sitting here at my computer after a league match as my fan attempts to cool my entire apartment it seems. A+ for effort, Mr. Fan, F to MF. I actually don't know if I've ever posted I have this issue over there, so I guess I'll try saying so at the MF forums...

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 09, 2015, 11:06:25 pm »
+1

Sitting here at my computer after a league match as my fan attempts to cool my entire apartment it seems. A+ for effort, Mr. Fan, F to MF. I actually don't know if I've ever posted I have this issue over there, so I guess I'll try saying so at the MF forums...

But at least it didn't delete entire folders on your hard drive, right?

I dare say that's now the biggest problem.  That and the fact that some people literally can no longer play.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

AHoppy

• Jester
  • Respect: +529
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 09, 2015, 11:09:50 pm »

a relatively minor gripe, but today I was playing a menagerie engine and every time it revealed my hand, the cards ended up in a different order... So there were several close misclick calls

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 10, 2015, 07:09:13 am »

a relatively minor gripe, but today I was playing a menagerie engine and every time it revealed my hand, the cards ended up in a different order... So there were several close misclick calls
There was some game where I trashed a silver instead of a copper and was completely confused how it happened. If the game is unexpectedly reordering cards in hand, that would explain it, along with retaining the old artwork that makes all treasures the same color. (As a side note, I had almost forgotten that isotropic made the treasures different colors.)

Infthitbox

• Explorer
  • Respect: +440
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 10, 2015, 08:30:14 am »
+1

(As a side note, I had almost forgotten that isotropic made the treasures different colors.)

I would settle for the an implementation of the 'base cards' treasures/victories that I had to pay for, which I almost certainly would because the vast majority of the time differentiating is easy or makes no difference, but when it is difficult and relevant, its obnoxious.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 10, 2015, 12:52:53 pm »

So, this must be why I have accidentally trashed cards a few times and felt confused about the whole thing. Damn. I must have had somewhere close to 3 to 5 misclicks as far as trashing Provinces and whatnot.

Cave-o-sapien

• Jester
  • Respect: +1676
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 10, 2015, 01:03:46 pm »

So, this must be why I have accidentally trashed cards a few times and felt confused about the whole thing. Damn. I must have had somewhere close to 3 to 5 misclicks as far as trashing Provinces and whatnot.

I believe I submitted a request to address this back in the early days of the Goko beta.

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 10, 2015, 07:45:49 pm »
+1

I believe I submitted a request to address this back in the early days of the Goko beta.
I might have too, can't quite remember. I'm continually surprised that they haven't sold the Base Card art yet, since it's pretty much free money.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 10, 2015, 07:55:04 pm »

I'm continually surprised that they haven't sold the Base Card art yet, since it's pretty much free money.

Free money perhaps, but it might take months to implement it, and I'd much rather they work on actual problems.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 10, 2015, 07:58:05 pm »

I'm continually surprised that they haven't sold the Base Card art yet, since it's pretty much free money.

it might take months to implement it

It's great to see you have your optimism back.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #238 on: November 10, 2015, 08:09:22 pm »
+2

it might take months to implement it

It's great to see you have your optimism back.

It might speed up the process if they also add cool animations.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 10, 2015, 10:42:00 pm »

Selling the base card art before finishing Adventures so they can sell that is kind of like eating dessert first.

That reminds me, they still haven't implemented Adventures, hahaha..

pst

• Minion
  • Respect: +906
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: November 11, 2015, 12:32:49 pm »
+2

[Maybe put out a poll as to what people want now. They seem to have made matchmaking better, I think. Although, it seems bots still count for pro points, and if you win serf bots 9 times in a row you are the best Dominion player in the world, but hey.

Thanks to everyone who answered my poll! I've made a followup poll right now and am curious how different it will be. (I have personally a new answer this time at least.)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]  All

Page created in 1.582 seconds with 20 queries.