Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 80  All

Author Topic: M68: Fanfiction Mafia (Game over, Mafia wins flawlessly)  (Read 199804 times)

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
Re: M68: Fanfiction Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #1550 on: September 30, 2015, 04:13:48 pm »

Well that is kind of my thought as well, but we don't stand to lose anything other than 1 voting-day of your input and a bit of your fun.

Which I get is no fun for you.  But I think is the best play in terms of winning.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: September 30, 2015, 04:16:06 pm »

Well that is kind of my thought as well, but we don't stand to lose anything other than 1 voting-day of your input and a bit of your fun.

Which I get is no fun for you.  But I think is the best play in terms of winning.

What if they no kill to frame whomever TA blocks?  Or claims to block, if he's lying?

I guess we do the day over again, but with more focus on TA.

I see merit in the idea.  Or we could Lynch scum.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: September 30, 2015, 04:16:51 pm »

Ooh, but if TA is honest, he could choose correctly, which would also be good.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: September 30, 2015, 04:16:56 pm »

I'd be absolutely fine with no lynch.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: September 30, 2015, 04:17:43 pm »

SS, how are you resolving Happily Ever After situations?

(Did we already ask this at some point?  I can't remember.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: September 30, 2015, 04:18:41 pm »

• If the game stalls and neither side is willing to lynch or nightkill a player, mafia will be forced to act.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: September 30, 2015, 04:26:01 pm »

One thing I'm having trouble with is: why wouldn't scum!Yuma buddy me?  I am sometimes over-susceptible to buddying (or I worry that I am anyway) and I've been someone agreeing with him a lot through the game.  Why would scum!Yuma come out of the gate pushing for a lynch on me as an alternative to Awaclus.  I like to think I'm fairly hard to lynch and I've been solidly in his camp, but he pushes me at the start of the day.

I can see that coming from town, but what's the scum motivation there?  How does he know I won't OMGUS, at least subconsciously?

I wouldn't say I was pushing for your lynch, but rather that going into Night I remembered some things that raised flags about you and I wanted to 1. make sure I put them out there before I forgot about them and 2. made sure that they were out there for others to see in the chance that I was the lynch today (which I felt had a slightly higher probability than usual given the accidental hammer situation I thought people might want to lynch me more than it seems they actually do... thank goodness) so that others could potentially go back and read it and maybe use it to find scum the next day, if there was a next day. But I am not even sure that you would be my number two option at this point.... I really don't know who that would be to be honest...

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: September 30, 2015, 04:27:03 pm »

Yuma, thoughts on no lynch?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: September 30, 2015, 04:28:36 pm »

One question I do have for TA is this:

You said in the early stages of the game you would be have been ok with a mass claim. What specifically about your role made you feel that it would be beneficial for town to claim that early?

Wasn't super related honestly. If I had been cop or something it probably would have changed my default thinking on the matter, but it's not like I saw I was roleblocker and then went, "Oh, crap, better keep this role hidden at all costs!"

It isn't a super big point but this is the reaction I was expecting from a town. I thought that mafia would have come up with a more elaborate explanation... the "over explanation when lying" phenomena.... I don't really know why I think that, but I do. So this reads townier to me.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: September 30, 2015, 04:30:11 pm »

One thing I'm having trouble with is: why wouldn't scum!Yuma buddy me?  I am sometimes over-susceptible to buddying (or I worry that I am anyway) and I've been someone agreeing with him a lot through the game.  Why would scum!Yuma come out of the gate pushing for a lynch on me as an alternative to Awaclus.  I like to think I'm fairly hard to lynch and I've been solidly in his camp, but he pushes me at the start of the day.

I can see that coming from town, but what's the scum motivation there?  How does he know I won't OMGUS, at least subconsciously?

The point is, I'd been defending you.  Scum!Yuma is risking alienating a defender for no benefit, and without any pressure to do so.  You know town tend to start suspecting people who suspect them.

So that's why I have serious doubts about the scum!Yuma theory and would much prefer to lynch Awaclus.

I wouldn't say I was pushing for your lynch, but rather that going into Night I remembered some things that raised flags about you and I wanted to 1. make sure I put them out there before I forgot about them and 2. made sure that they were out there for others to see in the chance that I was the lynch today (which I felt had a slightly higher probability than usual given the accidental hammer situation I thought people might want to lynch me more than it seems they actually do... thank goodness) so that others could potentially go back and read it and maybe use it to find scum the next day, if there was a next day. But I am not even sure that you would be my number two option at this point.... I really don't know who that would be to be honest...

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1560 on: September 30, 2015, 04:30:50 pm »

Well that's a weird way for that to happen...

The point is, I'd been defending you.  Scum!Yuma is risking alienating a defender for no benefit, and without any pressure to do so.  You know town tend to start suspecting people who suspect them.

So that's why I have serious doubts about the scum!Yuma theory and would much prefer to lynch Awaclus.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: September 30, 2015, 04:31:23 pm »

Yuma, why is Jimmmmmmmm being town one of your basic assumptions?

It was an assumption I used in trying to analyze the Hydrad kill because Jimmmmm claimed to be VT (as I did) and I thought that might have factored into why hydrad was killed. But that whole analysis ended up not being as useful as I thought.

So he is still on the table for me, but kinda off to the side. i still have a hard time seeing scum!Jimmmm posting sooooo little.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: September 30, 2015, 04:32:51 pm »

It was an assumption I used in trying to analyze the Hydrad kill because Jimmmmm claimed to be VT (as I did) and I thought that might have factored into why hydrad was killed. But that whole analysis ended up not being as useful as I thought.

So he is still on the table for me, but kinda off to the side. i still have a hard time seeing scum!Jimmmm posting sooooo little.

Assuming the Hydrad kill was PR hunting, you could remove the claimed VTs from scum's kill pool, but you can't remove them from the possible scum pool.

So no, that line of thinking wasn't useful.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: September 30, 2015, 04:33:28 pm »

I can believe Jimmmmm posting so little as either alignment.  I'm not particularly scumreading him, but if all the scum are in the VTs, I don't think he's more likely than average to be the other VT.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: September 30, 2015, 04:33:44 pm »

If the masons and TA are honest doesn't scum just have a full strongman that will the person guaranteed to perform the kill?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: September 30, 2015, 04:34:20 pm »

Assuming the Hydrad kill was PR hunting, you could remove the claimed VTs from scum's kill pool, but you can't remove them from the possible scum pool.

I do think this counts as a point against UoS -- wouldn't scum want to kill unclaimed town member UoS over unclaimed town member Hydrad, ESPECIALLY when UoS came out early as being against a massclaim?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: September 30, 2015, 04:35:10 pm »

Right yes, I was trying to see if there was a plausible scenario where Jimmmm wasn't scum and I wasn't scum and because of claims the only person who wasn't scum and wasn't a claimed VT or Mason was Hydrad and mafia knew that and decided to kill him for that reason. But it didn't work out because there were 5 seats and only 3 mafia.... Does that make sense?

It almost made sense...

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: September 30, 2015, 04:36:04 pm »

If the masons and TA are honest doesn't scum just have a full strongman that will the person guaranteed to perform the kill?

Agree, and this reads as insincere to me - most due to the "ooh". It screams to me like "I'm thinking this through RIGHT NOW, and I had this realization RIGHT NOW, so I'm town guys!"

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: September 30, 2015, 04:37:47 pm »

No-lynching is boring and I dislike it, but if it actually helps win the game I am up for it.

So right now we are at 8 alive, 5 needed to lynch... all 5 of those must be town or mafia busses

If we no lynch and mafia NKs we have... 7 alive, 4 needed to lynch and still all 5 votes must be mafia or mafia busses.

So I am not sure I see the benefit and would rather save the potential no-lynch for a later day. Would it be more useful on a later day? Assuming we get to a later day?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: September 30, 2015, 04:38:37 pm »

Agree, and this reads as insincere to me - most due to the "ooh". It screams to me like "I'm thinking this through RIGHT NOW, and I had this realization RIGHT NOW, so I'm town guys!"

So I am not supposed to point out blatantly obvious flaws when someone is trying to come up with pro-cons to plans?

WTF?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: September 30, 2015, 04:39:26 pm »

oh, are you talking about ashersky...

you really want to lynch those mason guys?

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: September 30, 2015, 04:40:05 pm »

I do think this counts as a point against UoS -- wouldn't scum want to kill unclaimed town member UoS over unclaimed town member Hydrad, ESPECIALLY when UoS came out early as being against a massclaim?

This is actually a good argument for Awaclus being town.  I've been pushing him hard, if he's the mislynch bait, they wouldn't want to kill me.  I looked at Hydrad's posts and didn't see any doctor crumbs, did anyone else see any?

Also, I know I was missing some things in the early game because I read that part fast catching up, but when did people first become sure that Ash was the other Mason?

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: September 30, 2015, 04:40:28 pm »

Then again, Hydrad wanted to lynch Awaclus too.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: September 30, 2015, 04:41:56 pm »

No-lynching is boring and I dislike it, but if it actually helps win the game I am up for it.

So right now we are at 8 alive, 5 needed to lynch... all 5 of those must be town or mafia busses

If we no lynch and mafia NKs we have... 7 alive, 4 needed to lynch and still all 5 votes must be mafia or mafia busses.

So I am not sure I see the benefit and would rather save the potential no-lynch for a later day. Would it be more useful on a later day? Assuming we get to a later day?

It's more useful now than later.  If they have full strongman, we aren't stopping any kills anyway.  Why be at an unnessary disadvantage for any LYLO/MYLO vote?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: September 30, 2015, 04:42:48 pm »

This is actually a good argument for Awaclus being town.  I've been pushing him hard, if he's the mislynch bait, they wouldn't want to kill me.  I looked at Hydrad's posts and didn't see any doctor crumbs, did anyone else see any?

Also, I know I was missing some things in the early game because I read that part fast catching up, but when did people first become sure that Ash was the other Mason?

WW was pretty sure before he died. I wasn't really sure until Gkrieg put him last on the claim order.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 80  All

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 16 queries.