Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Bought hard copy Guilds, what is up with card promoting online play?  (Read 11984 times)

elahrairah13

• Spy
  • Respect: +73
    • View Profile
+1

one side says "play the official version of dominion online", has the address "www.playdominion.com/guild", and "flip card to read instructions".
the instructions just say "hold here... put card flat on display and move slowly."
and... I'm lost.

Apologies if discussed previously. (I did search for a topic, really, I swear). Thanks.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
Re: Bought hard copy Guilds, what is up with card promoting online play?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 11:46:03 pm »

one side says "play the official version of dominion online", has the address "www.playdominion.com/guild", and "flip card to read instructions".
the instructions just say "hold here... put card flat on display and move slowly."
and... I'm lost.

Apologies if discussed previously. (I did search for a topic, really, I swear). Thanks.
Well it's telling to play online at goko, which makes sense to promote. The "move slowly part" was also on the Dark Ages promotional card inside. It's to move down a card you may find confusing, as you're supposed to play a card from top to bottom, so you reveal the instructions as you go.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
  • Respect: +1980
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 11:50:05 pm »

I thought it was something you could scan, like a QR code, to a get some of the cards online for free. I let one of my friends have my card from DA because he said that's what it did.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 12:07:48 am »

I thought it was something you could scan, like a QR code, to a get some of the cards online for free. I let one of my friends have my card from DA because he said that's what it did.

It does have some sort of code that interacts with touchscreens, apparently. It's not a QR code.

AHoppy

• Jester
  • Respect: +529
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 12:22:17 am »

It does have some sort of code that interacts with touchscreens, apparently. It's not a QR code.
I can vouch for that.  You log into goko on a touch screen enabled device and hit redeem then swipe the card on the screen.  It gets you Nobles, Haven, and Hoard I believe...

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1686
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2014, 02:53:27 am »

I just got Dark Ages and was wondering the same thing about that card.  Too bad I don't have anything that has a touch screen.  (and I hate using touch screens.)

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5349
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2014, 05:42:14 am »
+1

I just bought Guilds and also have a touch screen, but obviously they didn't add the card for german boxes... Not that i wanted to play on Goko, anyhow.

Edit: I like your username, elahrairah.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 05:43:54 am by Asper »

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
  • Respect: +3360
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2014, 07:20:49 am »

Maybe it will give you a free copy of all the online cards because you own the hard copy. That seems fair!......*runs away*
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

greatexpectations

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1067
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2014, 08:31:02 am »

relevant thread: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=4586.0

also:
Do we know yet what the free DA card is? I own all the expansions and everything. I am just curious what everyone got.
The full set is: Nobles, Haven, Hoard, Haggler, Graverobber.
momomoto: ...I looked at the tableau and went "Mountebank? That's for jerks."
rrenaud: Jerks win.

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4329
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2014, 10:59:35 am »

I just got Dark Ages and was wondering the same thing about that card.  Too bad I don't have anything that has a touch screen.  (and I hate using touch screens.)

You do not need a touchscreen, there is a number at the bottom of the card you can type in to get the cards.

elahrairah13

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2014, 11:16:05 am »

You do not need a touchscreen, there is a number at the bottom of the card you can type in to get the cards.

How? So far I haven't been able to even get logged in on my phone with Goko to swipe it, so if there's a place to type my number in on my laptop, I'm there.

Extended online browsing is miserable on a phone. I can't imagine getting through a game before accidentally hitting back and screwing up the whole thing.

This is all kind of an academic exercise for me... I haven't bought any of the cards on Goko (while I swore it off completely at launch, it's been a lot better since*, but I'm still just not convinced it's worth it, I'd rather spend the money getting the last few hard copy sets I don't have [dark ages and alchemy]).
And so while this will get me an actual useful thing... those 5 cards are not enough to inspire me to host a game rather than just use automatch to try to find someone who has an actual set.
Anyway, thanks so much for all the quick answers.

*I know it's still maddening, but it really was fully unusable for me at launch. Maybe it was because I was using a laptop that was a couple years old... but the lag was several seconds per action, and a large number of games I was in froze and I could not continue play.

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4329
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2014, 11:52:21 am »
+2

I don't know if the Guilds card is similar, but the Dark Ages card says to go to www.playdominion.com/dark. On the other side there are instructions about swiping the card and at the bottom there is a circle that says "Hold Here", below that there is a 6 digit number (maybe your card doesn't have one?). I just went to the url, clicked through some stuff, logged in, put in the code and it worked. I did this a while ago, so I don't remember all the details. Try going to playdominion.com/dark instead of "guild" the guild one seems to just redirect straight to the normal Dominion online home screen.

edit: The playdominion.com/dark page has a link which sends you here: http://play.goko.com/Dominion/gameClient.html?boxcard=true. At the bottom left corner of the page there is a little icon that says Redeem.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 11:59:49 am by Mic Qsenoch »

elahrairah13

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2014, 12:15:00 pm »

I don't know if the Guilds card is similar, but the Dark Ages card says to go to www.playdominion.com/dark. On the other side there are instructions about swiping the card and at the bottom there is a circle that says "Hold Here", below that there is a 6 digit number (maybe your card doesn't have one?). I just went to the url, clicked through some stuff, logged in, put in the code and it worked. I did this a while ago, so I don't remember all the details. Try going to playdominion.com/dark instead of "guild" the guild one seems to just redirect straight to the normal Dominion online home screen.

edit: The playdominion.com/dark page has a link which sends you here: http://play.goko.com/Dominion/gameClient.html?boxcard=true. At the bottom left corner of the page there is a little icon that says Redeem.

The Guilds card has www.playdominion.com/guild [sic] which just redirects to the regular gameclient page, without the boxcard true part and thus without the redeem part.
I used your 'dark' link and got to the part where I can type in my 6 digit code. Every time I get "Failed to read card Please try again".

Good job, Goko. Good job.

The good news is that my Cool Stuff Inc order came today and I got Base Cards in it.
The bad news is that my Base Cards promo does not have a 6 digit number. [edit: but it has a different URL, which tells me to use 200001 as the code].
I now have Haven, Hoard, and Nobles. Nothing else though.
...and I just clicked Play Bots to try to test out the cards and Goko wouldn't start a game for me. Well, at least this has been more fun than work :)
Edit: tried again, got an all base bot game, and lost (oh god the shame) and then a base+nobles bot game.

Thanks again for everybody's help with the mystery
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 12:21:53 pm by elahrairah13 »

soulnet

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1751
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2014, 09:04:20 pm »

The card I got with my Dark Ages copy did not have a code. I emailed RGG and they sent me a replacement card with code, which I used to get Nobles, Hoard and Haven.

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2014, 09:22:47 pm »
+1

My card didn't have a code either. I just used the code elahrairah13 posted.

NateDominion

• Ambassador
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2015, 03:28:26 pm »

What code?

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2015, 03:47:56 pm »

What code?

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 21 queries.