Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 51  All

Author Topic: F.DS Forum Survivor Season 3 - FINALE: WINNER REVEALED  (Read 126724 times)

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
Re: F.DS Forum Survivor Season 3 - F4 TIEBREAKER FIREMAKING
« Reply #1175 on: August 26, 2016, 01:03:28 pm »

If one of you says no I won't do it, for the record. I try not to stream without my opponent's permission.
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

teamlyle

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: La-Ya
  • Ah... German Hello?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: August 28, 2016, 07:37:40 am »

Hydrad wins 3-2 :(

Good luck to all. No hard feelings :)
"In your face." -Jacob
"Ooh. You just got burned." -Jack
"First place again, disciple!" -Ruikai
"Ugh... 399 cursors. Time to hack!" -Ben
"You gotta do your homework, dude!" -Yul
"Come on man, let the plat play." -The Plat
"It's nice to have a good 'in your face' every once in a while." -Jacob
"OBJECTION!!! The witness is being SUPER gross." -Phoenix Wright
"Milord, Inquisitor Fey sentences that burger to my stomach!" -Maya Fey
"Dude, I only had 4 cups of coffee this morning so I'm gonna crash." -Swi
"Okay, okay. My team name is: Team Lyle: the Advancing Armadillo." -Lyle
"I’m sorry Cedric, we just have to do what we have to do to get me to be a op." -Paul
"Well, I prefer loyal people. I don’t want anyone to be a La-Ya except for me." -La-Ya
"I don't play Monkey vs. Monkey. I'm too busy in pacifist mode, watching my buildings survive and thrive!" -Joshua
Lyle's mom: Are you guys going to play regular Dominion, or are you going to play cheat?
Lyle: Of course we're playing Cheat Dominion!

teamlyle

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: La-Ya
  • Ah... German Hello?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: August 28, 2016, 06:20:44 pm »

I guess while we wait for AHoppy to respond, I'll tell you guys ahead of time what questions I'm going to ask on the jury.

Watno: What happened at the old Hovel? What strategic moves did you make when you were there?

Hydrad: Everyone who makes it anywhere in Survivor has a game plan they followed to get there. Seeing that you're at the end, what was yours? What decisions did you make yourself to help get you where you are?

Eevee: You've told me in private that you thought that you would have a hard time winning the game because you played cutthroat (similar to me, so I'm not judging.) Do you still have those concerns? What moves have you made in this game that I don't know about? (Just wondering.)

Good luck! I will vote for the most worthy.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 08:25:23 pm by teamlyle »
"In your face." -Jacob
"Ooh. You just got burned." -Jack
"First place again, disciple!" -Ruikai
"Ugh... 399 cursors. Time to hack!" -Ben
"You gotta do your homework, dude!" -Yul
"Come on man, let the plat play." -The Plat
"It's nice to have a good 'in your face' every once in a while." -Jacob
"OBJECTION!!! The witness is being SUPER gross." -Phoenix Wright
"Milord, Inquisitor Fey sentences that burger to my stomach!" -Maya Fey
"Dude, I only had 4 cups of coffee this morning so I'm gonna crash." -Swi
"Okay, okay. My team name is: Team Lyle: the Advancing Armadillo." -Lyle
"I’m sorry Cedric, we just have to do what we have to do to get me to be a op." -Paul
"Well, I prefer loyal people. I don’t want anyone to be a La-Ya except for me." -La-Ya
"I don't play Monkey vs. Monkey. I'm too busy in pacifist mode, watching my buildings survive and thrive!" -Joshua
Lyle's mom: Are you guys going to play regular Dominion, or are you going to play cheat?
Lyle: Of course we're playing Cheat Dominion!

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: August 29, 2016, 10:03:46 am »

oh there's still more fame to be played teamlyle. Hold your horses

Everyone else, prepare yourselves for your final immunity challenge that will be announced tonight. And congrats to Hydrad and the others for making it this far

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: August 29, 2016, 09:25:32 pm »

COME ON IN, GUYS!

Final Immunity Challenge: Hang In There

You've been playing this game for a long time, you're tired and hungry, but the prize is so close. Who wants it the most? We're about to find out with this final immunity challenge.

Each of you will be given a QT for this challenge. Your objective is to hang on as long as you possibly can by posting in this QT every five minutes for as long as possible. That's it, whoever hangs on the longest wins final immunity and is guaranteed a spot in the final tribal council. Here's how it will work:

- Your first post in this QT can be at any time you want. Note the time of the post.
- Every five minutes after your first post, you'll need to post again. QuickTopic tells you which minute each post was made, so you'll need to ensure each subsequent post happens "exactly" five minutes after the previous post. Of course, you have a 60-second window to do this. The important thing is that QuickTopic displays your post as being five minutes later.
- Each post should read "[name] hangs on"

Example: if I was doing this challenge, my QT might look like this

5:55 - AHoppy hangs on
6:00 - AHoppy hangs on
6:05 - AHoppy hangs on

- Extra posts are OK, just make sure you go back and delete them at some point. Yeah, QT will show a deleted post but that's fine. Just make sure not to miss any posts that need to happen on those five-minute marks!
- On the other hand, if you are late making a single post, that's it for you: the challenge is over. So make sure you aren't late making your posts!
- You only get one shot at this; once you've made the first post in your official challenge QT, you are locked into posting every five minutes and the first time you fail to do that, the challenge is over for you. Don't post at all in that QT until you are ready to begin the challenge! If you mess up once, if you lose focus, if your internet goes out temporarily, if your post is off by one minute, anything; that's it. Challenge over. Be ready and don't mess up.
- Making other QTs to practice and experiment is allowed and encouraged. Make as many as you want, practice however you want, show them to people or don't. It doesn't matter. What matters is the official QT you are given and your one shot at immunity.
- You can use any resource you want to help you, but don't go making a bot that will just post for you every five minutes. That's cheating. Anything else is fine though.

Once you've hung on for as long as you can, make sure you've deleted all the extra posts in your challenge QT, then post in your confessional that you've finished the challenge. At this point, someone will verify that your posts were OK and give you your final time. Hopefully it's the longest! You won't know how your opponents did unless they choose to tell you.

You will have until 10:00 PM forum time on September 1st to start the challenge. If you have started the challenge and are still hanging on when the deadline passes, that's OK. You can go ahead and finish up, but if you haven't started the challenge by the deadline, your score will be zero. In case of a tie between players, the one who attempted the challenge first will win immunity.  The challenge will go until the last person has given up on holding on.  QT's will be given in your confessionals shortly

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
Re: F.DS Forum Survivor Season 3 - F3 Final Immunity: Hang in there
« Reply #1180 on: August 30, 2016, 01:11:50 am »

welp I guess this is it. Good luck everyone.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: August 30, 2016, 08:06:30 am »

Sorry I have to say this, but I think this is just an awful idea. Games are supposed to be fun, this isn't. I won't be doing it.

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: September 01, 2016, 05:58:14 pm »

So as you guys step up to your poles Watno walks straight past the pole and sits down on the bench to wait out Eevee and Hydrad. After 6 minutes, Hydrad tries to swat a fly off his face, realizes he can't hold onto a pole with 1 hand and falls to the ground in a heap.  Eevee on the other hand decides he's having fun up there hanging onto the pole and continues to hang on, grinning at Watno and Hydrad as they sit on the bench.  Suddenly, 3 hours and 45 minutes into the challenge Eevee's cell phone rings and he steps down to answer it.  Hang on a sec, where did you get a cell phone?  Sprint's not even our sponsor this year!  Hand that over Eevee.

EEVEE WINS IMMUNITY!

Tribal will start in 24ish hours

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: September 01, 2016, 07:08:36 pm »

Oh man yes! Happy!

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: September 01, 2016, 08:58:27 pm »

lol. ya i was pretty busy this week so i knew i couldn't go for long. I started it... then forgot about it almost right away. whoops.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1185 on: September 03, 2016, 09:36:14 am »

COME ON IN GUYS

What a tribal council. This is the big one and Eevee  it must feel great to be sitting over there safe tonight. So Eevee, what is going into your vote tonight? What are you looking for in who you want to go up against the jury with?

Watno and Hydrad : why should Eevee take you to the end?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: September 03, 2016, 01:18:44 pm »

I'm out until tomorrow!

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: September 03, 2016, 03:01:15 pm »

that's fine. Since you're the only vote we'll just wait until you can vote

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: September 04, 2016, 08:56:06 am »

Been waiting to get here a looong time, and it's a happy, safe feeling having immunity. I was really pissed off at myself for getting distracted in the challenge, it was such a relief to see I held on long enough anyways.

Quite excited to be actually starting the FTC soon. It's almost surreal, having put so much effort into this game and now it's finally about come to conclusion, one way or another.

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: September 04, 2016, 09:32:09 am »

I already told Eevee in private why he should take me, no need to inspire Hydrad.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: September 04, 2016, 03:21:40 pm »

Well I feel like my posts are going to be short in this regard but whatever.

One part that I think is pretty big is that I did stick it to the end with you and helped out when I could. And uhh... hmmm I'm really bad at this inspiring style of stuff kinda thing I guess. Let me think... I'm trying to think between me and Watno who you would have a better chance to win against. Watno lived through the crushing of the other team at the start so maybe that would help him? But I guess there might be some reasons that people vote for me also... And I guess most of watnos team isn't around to vote for him so that doesn't actually help all that much.

So overall I can't tell which of us is the easier opponent so thats not very useful.

I guess the only thing I really have going with you eevee is a bit of friendship? So if thats a good enough reason to take me then so be it. Otherwise it was a fun game anyways!

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: September 05, 2016, 11:16:09 pm »

Eevee, it's time to vote.

Eevee walks up to AHoprobst and whispers one name in his ear, then, with a grave expression on his face, makes his way back to his seat

Hydrad, please bring me your torch

Hydrad, the Eevee has spoken.

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: September 06, 2016, 12:03:42 am »

COME ON IN GUYS!

But AHoprobst, you think, there shouldn't be any more challenges, that's what the jury is for right?  Well you're right, but it's time for a bit of Survivor tradition.  Before you Eevee and you Watno is a trail of memories.  You will walk this trail and along it collect the torches of your fallen comrades.  At each torch I would like you to say something about the person whose torch you're collecting.  At the end of the trail you will create a bonfire of torches in remembrance of your Forum Survivor Season 3 friends, enemies, and companions.  Now, I'm saying it's mandatory, but I can't make you do anything.  Remember though, the jury is watching this and I can't help but think that if you don't participate it may reflect poorly on your standing with them.

14th place: Hugovj

13th place: Roadrunner7671

12th place: Jimmmmm

11th place: Robz888

10th place: mpsprs

9th place: AdamH

8th place: mcmcsalot

7th place: iguanaiguana

6th place: Awaclus

5th place: gkrieg13

4th place: teamlyle

3rd place: Hydrad

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: September 06, 2016, 11:18:59 am »

Ah, here we go! This is fun, if a little bittersweet.

Hugovj - You seemed super super friendly towards me during 2R1B, I remember being distinctly disappointed we ended up on different tribes. We never actually got to meet in the game it turned out, which is too bad.

Roadrunner - In the beginning of the game I remember we had a plan of trying to keep you on exile, because we sensed that you might be in trouble in your tribe and might be willing to work with us in a switch or merge scenario. That never got to be, because we ended up winning all the immunities and you were gone before anything happened. Again, too bad we never had any interactions in the game.

Jimmm - Whom I once sat next to at F2! We should definitely catch up, haven't talked in a while. It seemed you were maybe nursing some plans about a cross-tribal alliance, but unfortunately you just ended up another victim of Necropolis's pre-merge dominance. Hope all is well in Australia.

Robzzzz - He was the first (and actually the only one to date) person from the forums I ever met in real life. Super nice guy, and could have been a real force in the game, but it seemed like his heart wasn't fully in it this time around.

mpsprs - I don't know what happened to you, we talked quite a bit during 2R1B, and I was feeling good about possibly working with you. Too bad.

Adam - Oh Adam. This was definitely the first big turning point in the game. I know the appreciation must ring hollow after what happened, but it really can't be understated how much everyone in the Necropolis tribe benefited from having Adam in our side - he would lead us to practice before challenges, and generally carry the heaviest load in whatever needed to be done. I don't know if anyone could have beaten you had you reached F2, and the list of individual immunity winners might look a lot different had you been around longer.

mcmcsalot - We were always friendly, but it just never got to a point where our interests would align. I appreciated you being a great sport about it.

iguanaiguana - Oh man, I hope there is no lasting bad blood. I had a blast working together as long as we did, and it was great to get to know you. We talked a looooot! Many of the plans that ended getting me here were originally hatched with you.

Awaclus - I think you improved immensely during the game, coming in as someone with no previous experience at all. Had the first few votes after the merge gone differently, I think our places very well might have been reversed. I hope you had fun, even if the very ending wasn't.

gkrieg - Could I have beaten you? It's a question I'll have to wrestle with for a while, however this ends. I never faked being your friend, but I did deceive you about how much I cared about winning this game, and that was a sucky thing to do. We were very close for a long while. Despite what I did in the end, I have so much respect for you and the game you played.

teamlyle - Boy did we have fun - even if we weren't always completely honest with each other. I think you had an amazing attitude towards the game, and you might have been one dominion game away from winning this whole thing. Talk about small margins.

Hydrad - I was eyeing Watno up as someone to take to the end for a while, but when I actually had to make the call, I must admit it stung quite a lot having to be a jerk to you of all people as well. You were the only one I let see during the game just how much I cared about winning it, that's really my only excuse.

Humbling to think I got through all of you to get here. Eagerly anticipating the final tribal council and a chance to get grilled by your questions.

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: September 07, 2016, 03:02:26 pm »

Most of this is so long past I hardly remember.

Hugovj - I was so close to ending up where you did, I wonder what would have happened if I had gone out instead of you.

Roadrunner&Jimmm - The two of you ended up as not being part of the alliance formewd by the rest of our tribe, sorry about that

Robzzzz - I guess you came to the wrong place at the wrong time.

mpsprs - I would have loved to keep palying with you, hope you're OK.

Adam - When I heard you were in something of a leadership position and the opportunity to get rid of you arose, I happily took it. I guess you know that's how this game goes.

mcmcsalot - We could have gone so far. It was tough giving up on that, but I felt I couldn't keep you in the game.

iguanaiguana - Thanks for trying to warn me, even though it turned out you were mistaken about what was going on. I appreciate that.

Awaclus   This guy was in the game?

gkrieg - I wish Eevee would have gone out in your place, but sadly that wasn't an option.

teamlyle - I did my best to keep you in, dadly it didn't work out.

Hydrad - I'm sorry to say it, but I'm just happy it's your name here and not mine.

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: September 07, 2016, 07:51:52 pm »

After what I can only assume was a glorious conflagration the two of you brace yourselves and make your way to the all-too-familiar tribal council fire circle.
Please dip your torches into the fire for the last time.

For  final tribal council you will be judged by your peers whim  have had a hand in eliminating. Votes tonight are for the winner, most votes and you win the title of sole survivor. But first you're going to have to survive the interrogation jury.

I'd like to do this over Google hangouts if we can, so please post your availability and we'll get any of the jury members we can. I'm available weeknights after 4pm eastern. If that doesn't work, we can probably do it without me

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: September 08, 2016, 07:43:33 am »

Some questions: can we really gather enough people to do this in a google hangout? We are on vastly different time zones. Do all of the jury even want to participate for what I imagine could be a few hours? What about those who can't make it, would we tape it for them or what? Feels like everyone should get to see the answers at least, and the answers being saved and it not being tied on time is a big advantage for the non-simultaneous text-based FTC.

For scheduling, school's started again and I'm 7 hours ahead of ET, so 4pm is pretty much the latest I could start this while still being able to squeeze enough sleep in to make it to school. I could make almost any evening during the week free for this if necessary, though.

So, I can make time almost any weekday starting between 1-4pm forum time,  but I also feel we might get through a text-based FTC before we find a time that suits everyone to do it live.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 08:04:11 am by Eevee »

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: September 08, 2016, 08:00:15 am »

even if others can't make it, they've written up their questions and I (or someone else available) can read them to you

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: September 08, 2016, 08:04:30 am »

even if others can't make it, they've written up their questions and I (or someone else available) can read them to you

Won't they care about seeing the answers as well, though?

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: September 08, 2016, 08:14:43 am »

yeah, the plan is to record it and post the video
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 51  All

Page created in 1.413 seconds with 20 queries.