Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 51  All

Author Topic: M64: Pony-Mafia Mafia (Game Over, Town wins!)  (Read 127291 times)

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
Re: M64: Pony-Mafia Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #350 on: June 19, 2015, 07:33:58 pm »

Could someone just use <b> on a vote or something so we can jump on the scumslip, please?

Also, semi-v/la for the weekend starting in ~30 minutes from this post.

I thought your L-1 thingie somehow convinced you that I was scum ?

ADK : what's your read on WW ?
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 19, 2015, 07:35:32 pm »

Mmm I'm considering. Are you maintaining your position that he's scummy?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 19, 2015, 07:36:39 pm »

Could someone just use <b> on a vote or something so we can jump on the scumslip, please?

Also, semi-v/la for the weekend starting in ~30 minutes from this post.

I thought your L-1 thingie somehow convinced you that I was scum ?

ADK : what's your read on WW ?

I'm less convinced now than I was then. Actually kind of thinking vote: mail-mi now. I'm going to get my cutie mark in Mafia busting!

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 19, 2015, 07:37:17 pm »

God, no matter how I look at it, pink is a bad font color for the forum with the theme I'm using.

In case anybody's having trouble reading it, that says "I'm going to get my cutie mark in Mafia busting!".

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 19, 2015, 07:48:53 pm »

Mmm I'm considering. Are you maintaining your position that he's scummy?

Yes. He's my preferred lynch for today, by a mile.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 19, 2015, 07:49:46 pm »

Suppose you couldn't lynch WW and were forced to pick someone else. Who would that be?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 19, 2015, 07:52:45 pm »

Suppose you couldn't lynch WW and were forced to pick someone else. Who would that be?

My first instinct is skip, but I don't like lynching newbies on their first day, so I'd go with Awaclus. Completely under the radar, hasn't said anything of substance I can remember, and I do seem to recall that scum!Awaclus tends to be in the background, though I'd have to check.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 19, 2015, 08:02:17 pm »

I'm not talking about two people arguing, I'm talking about mail-mi commenting on Teproc and WW and how there's a decent argument that that post is more likely to come from scum.

I think the argument I'm quoting has merit, which is now another reason I wish to vote for Mail-mi.

And why are you so certain that there's no information to be gained from Teproc and WW's argument?

I wasn't talking about the argument per se, rather the statement of the 'scum vs scum or town vs town' thing. I originally was going to clarify my earlier rambles on that, but I thought it would be understood in context. Eh. Rereading it now, it's pretty vague. Wish I clarified.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 19, 2015, 08:04:16 pm »

God, no matter how I look at it, pink is a bad font color for the forum with the theme I'm using.

I am offended that you think I cannot read pink against white
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 19, 2015, 08:13:57 pm »

I am offended that you think I cannot read pink against white

Tiny text is disallowed in the base maifa ruleset. I don't really mind personally, but since you agreed to it it's probably better if you don't use it.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #360 on: June 19, 2015, 08:15:11 pm »

My first instinct is skip, but I don't like lynching newbies on their first day, so I'd go with Awaclus. Completely under the radar, hasn't said anything of substance I can remember, and I do seem to recall that scum!Awaclus tends to be in the background, though I'd have to check.

Water is wet. Now I've said something of a substance you probably remember.  :P

I'm in the background because of midsummer and other ongoing games. I don't think it's typical for me to lurk a lot as either alignment, but I've done it more as town.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 19, 2015, 09:03:44 pm »

In case anybody's having trouble reading it, that says "I'm going to get my cutie mark in Mafia busting!".
Pink is the best, unfortunately all the pink colours on here don't show up well unless they're in bold, and you shouldn't bold stuff unless you're the mod. All the best mods use pink text though.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: June 19, 2015, 09:15:22 pm »

Well I promised a serious vote. vote: UoS. I still don't like the rvs justification, I don't like this question. It doesn't seem genuine. They're not the kinds of things I remember from your other games (although they were quite a while ago, and were heavy in theory talk). I think this is worth some exploration.
It seems a bit odd I guess- could someone who's played with them before say if slightly odd is their usual meta or not?

I did know it was L-1.

I appreciate all the reactions.

vote: Teproc.  Sorry to worry you, WW, I just wanted to see what Teproc would do to an unannounced L-1 :)

Town read on chairs.
Agree, also posting more than usual chairs is probably town!chairs. If chairs was scum, he could lurk as much as he wanted without attracting much suspicion. The post count isn't super-high, but enough to be very different to usual.

I don't think the mail-mi/Teproc scumteam line of reasoning makes much sense either (not only for the obvious reasons), but I doubt WW meant much by it. As a reminder : thinking about scumteams on day 1 is almost always counterproductive.

It's something Jimmmm pointed out once: a lot of the time, when scum has a  scumpartners in a big argument, etc., they make comments like "town v. town" or "same alignment" or something to that effect.

I buy this, actually. Teproc and mail-mi are probably either both town or both scum.
Hm I always forget that this could be the case, this happened in M62 (Hearthstone)- e and Teproc spent most of it accusing each other of being scum, and they were the scumteam. I guess I can see the argument, but how often is it actually same alignment, rather than different alignment?

Water is wet. Now I've said something of a substance you probably remember.  :P

I'm in the background because of midsummer and other ongoing games. I don't think it's typical for me to lurk a lot as either alignment, but I've done it more as town.
I guess it's something you've done as both, I seem to think you've been lurky D1 more often as town.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: June 19, 2015, 09:33:25 pm »

(...) and you shouldn't bold stuff unless you're the mod.

You can use bold text if you want, as long as it's different enough from this.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 20, 2015, 09:31:40 am »

I will give some thoughts tonight.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: June 20, 2015, 10:47:41 am »

(...) and you shouldn't bold stuff unless you're the mod.

You can use bold text if you want, as long as it's different enough from this.
Awesome, hot pink is the best colour.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: June 20, 2015, 01:20:17 pm »

Is all this voting for me because of
I have been lurking indeed; yesterday was busy. I should be on more today to answer any questions.

No that was not a hedge defense of skip, I just wanted to see what ADK's reasoning is.

I think Teproc and WW are of the same alignment. Whether that's town or scum, I don't know.
?

Well what else am I supposed to say? This argument sounds like a town v. town or a scum v. scum argument. That's my honest-to-goodness opinion, and if I'm scummy for it, well then fine.

As for right now, I like chairs' argument for teproc. vote: teproc
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: June 20, 2015, 01:33:45 pm »

skip / UoS scumteam, calling it now.

Eh, looks like town vs. town to me ;)

I think you're possibly the type of person who may feel like you're not participating enough if you know you're really scum.

So to boil down your explanation: you wanted to see what I thought of you and seprix?

Not really.  I mean that's what I was really asking but I asked because I wanted to get a read on you and see what your thought process was like, and me and Seprix had had the most solid interaction at that point.
alright, I guess. Sounds weak, though

In all seriousness, Skip, this seems like you're coming from a place of assuming I'm scum first and looking for reasons, rather than reading my posts and evaluating.

I don't know what kind of brilliant grand plan you were expecting me to have behind my question but it reads like you were going to find me scummy for this regardless of what I said.  And your logic is that as scum I would want to be active (fair enough), but with no consideration to whether I'd ask the same question as town.  You're starting with your conclusion in mind.  If you're town, you should be careful of this.

What's your read on A Drowned Kernel?

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: June 20, 2015, 01:36:01 pm »

Hi Mail-mi.

What are your thoughts on WW in the WW-Teproc argument?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 20, 2015, 03:02:21 pm »

Hi Mail-mi.

What are your thoughts on WW in the WW-Teproc argument?

Nullish/scummy. I think Teproc comes out as more scummy, but I can definitely see WW being scum in this situation.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: Skip Wooznum
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: June 20, 2015, 10:16:29 pm »

skip / UoS scumteam, calling it now.

Eh, looks like town vs. town to me ;)

I think you're possibly the type of person who may feel like you're not participating enough if you know you're really scum.

So to boil down your explanation: you wanted to see what I thought of you and seprix?

Not really.  I mean that's what I was really asking but I asked because I wanted to get a read on you and see what your thought process was like, and me and Seprix had had the most solid interaction at that point.
alright, I guess. Sounds weak, though

In all seriousness, Skip, this seems like you're coming from a place of assuming I'm scum first and looking for reasons, rather than reading my posts and evaluating.

I don't know what kind of brilliant grand plan you were expecting me to have behind my question but it reads like you were going to find me scummy for this regardless of what I said.  And your logic is that as scum I would want to be active (fair enough), but with no consideration to whether I'd ask the same question as town.  You're starting with your conclusion in mind.  If you're town, you should be careful of this.

What's your read on A Drowned Kernel?
I didn't come from a place of assuming you're scum. I came from a place of suspecting you're scum. I came from that place upon rereading your question to me. If you would have supplied a good explanation (which as you yourself say in the quoted post was something I could reasonably assume wouldn't happen) I would have been less suspecting (although I was assuming you wouldn't explain it well). I didn't particularly suspect you before I re-read that post of yours, if that's what you're insinuating.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: Skip Wooznum
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: June 20, 2015, 10:47:51 pm »

And im leaning town on adk.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: June 20, 2015, 10:51:15 pm »

We need more activity here. vote: pacovf, he hasn't received much scrutiny and has been doing a good job of blending in.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: June 20, 2015, 10:58:35 pm »

Sorry, I'm planning a stream, and have been busy with college. I don't have much to say in all honesty at the moment. Mail-mi still seems like a good lynch.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: June 20, 2015, 11:00:10 pm »

Sorry, I'm planning a stream, and have been busy with college. I don't have much to say in all honesty at the moment. Mail-mi still seems like a good lynch.

Do you have any opinions on a pacovf lynch?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 51  All

Page created in 0.245 seconds with 16 queries.