Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 51  All

Author Topic: M64: Pony-Mafia Mafia (Game Over, Town wins!)  (Read 127308 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
Re: M64: Pony-Mafia Mafia (Day 1 start!)
« Reply #225 on: June 19, 2015, 10:23:56 am »

This is L-2 I believe.

Sweet, early wagons are on town.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 19, 2015, 10:24:15 am »

Or they don't result in a lynch, or something.  I don't remember what the mantra is.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 19, 2015, 10:30:21 am »

Actually, it's your recent exchange with Teproc that confuses me the most.

His post where he votes for me looks like he's trying to come up with justification to vote for me and not him really thinking I look scummy.  So, Teproc looks scummy.

Well, your post about "writing a letter to your senator" sounds quite disingenuous too...
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 19, 2015, 10:51:42 am »

I'm not really sure how disingenuous is supposed to apply there.  Are you suggesting that I was artificially hyperbolizing Teproc's position in older to bolster mine?

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 19, 2015, 11:01:03 am »

4 lines is hardly "a short novel and a letter to your senator". You were not simply exaggerating, you were misrepresenting the truth. Plus, Teproc likes justifying his position, so a short paragraph is hardly indicative of anything.

Anyway, your reaction seems to be mostly OMGUS. I still prefer my vote on Mail-mi.

BTW, be the change you want to see in the world, vote: mail-mi!
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 19, 2015, 11:02:20 am »

This is L-2 I believe.

Actually, I've found that the second guy isn't so safe from the games I've played. I think WW is town though.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 19, 2015, 11:03:23 am »

4 lines is hardly "a short novel and a letter to your senator". You were not simply exaggerating, you were misrepresenting the truth. Plus, Teproc likes justifying his position, so a short paragraph is hardly indicative of anything.

Anyway, your reaction seems to be mostly OMGUS. I still prefer my vote on Mail-mi.

The thing was, Teproc was basically sheeping Snow's vote, but he added all this extra stuff to it.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 19, 2015, 11:05:30 am »

This is L-2 I believe.

Actually, I've found that the second guy isn't so safe from the games I've played. I think WW is town though.

Why?

The thing was, Teproc was basically sheeping Snow's vote, but he added all this extra stuff to it.

Mmmmm...

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 19, 2015, 11:07:21 am »

It's weird that you think that's a justification.

It's much weirder that Wither agreed with you and strengthened it to "something only scum do" especially without actually voting for me.

Vote: Witherweaver

You know nothing, UmbrageOfSnow.

vote: Witherweaver

There's a reason I quoted WW, not skip, when questioning the "justifying an RVS vote" reasoning. He's encouraging suspicion based on dubious reasons without actually taking part... and when confronted, has nothing to say about it. Perhaps hoping we'd just move on ? I won't, town!WW is more engaged than this, and wouldn't only post the jokey response. He would do that and follow it up with an actual post of significance. Here his only post of significance is "yeah, that thing is totally scummy, you go ahead and lynch that guy".

Looks fine to me. I think Teproc is mistaken about WW, but he does have a point here.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 19, 2015, 11:10:23 am »

Reply to Pacovf because I'm on my phone currently: WW seems genuine to me right now. Yes, I know that's not a 'great' reason. But I don't think he's scum right now.

I should do a reads thing soon though, because besides Mail-Mi, no one else is potentially scum, and we have two other guys thus far.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 19, 2015, 11:13:36 am »

What is your position on Mail-mi, again? I recall you saying that you didn't really feel like voting for him now.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 19, 2015, 11:19:09 am »

What is your position on Mail-mi, again? I recall you saying that you didn't really feel like voting for him now.

I said Mail-Mi was scummy to me, but I didn't say why I didn't vote for him. Firstly, I confused Mail with Hydrad (3 hours of sleep does this), and when I realized my mistake, I was at L-1, so I didn't want to look like I was trying to throw votes around, hoping they stick. I want to be a bit more careful this time around, I always switch votes all of the time in my previous games. I feel like I should vote for Mail now.

vote: mail-mi

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 19, 2015, 11:21:34 am »

Vote Count 1.3

Seprix (1): Awaclus
Witherweaver (5): Hydrad, UmbrageOfSnow, Teproc, A Drowned Kernel, Joseph2302
mail-mi (3): chairs, pacovf, Seprix
chairs (1): skip wooznum
Teproc (1): Witherweaver

Not Voting (1): mail-mi

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Day 1 ends on June 28, 3 PM forum time.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 12:08:38 pm by silverspawn »

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 19, 2015, 11:31:01 am »

3 votes on mail-mi, that's a wagon! Quick, everybody get on board! There's a limited number of spots, you don't want to be out when the hammer arrives!

Vote Count 1.3

Seprix (1): Awaclus
Witherweaver (5): Hydrad, UmbrageOfSnow, Teproc, A Drowned Kernel, Joseph2302
mail-mi (3): chairs, pavovf, Seprix
chairs (1): skip wooznum
Teproc (1): Witherweaver

Not Voting (1): mail-mi

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Day 1 ends on June 28, 3 PM forum time.

You did it again. I thought we were frieeeeeeeeeeeeends  :'(

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 19, 2015, 11:31:23 am »

Just call him Pavlov. 

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: June 19, 2015, 11:32:24 am »

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #241 on: June 19, 2015, 11:33:14 am »

Vote: pavovf

Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 19, 2015, 11:37:36 am »

Vote: pavovf

I appreciate it, but it's just not the same if it's not ashersky doing it.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 19, 2015, 11:38:34 am »

So WW, did you reread or re-skim that flavorless game where Seprix was scum that you mentioned?

Also, could you elaborate on whether it's the phrasing or the action of having an RVS vote become serious that you object to?  And what's the psychological rationale behind that?

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 19, 2015, 11:39:55 am »

I said Mail-Mi was scummy to me, but I didn't say why I didn't vote for him. Firstly, I confused Mail with Hydrad (3 hours of sleep does this), and when I realized my mistake, I was at L-1, so I didn't want to look like I was trying to throw votes around, hoping they stick. I want to be a bit more careful this time around, I always switch votes all of the time in my previous games. I feel like I should vote for Mail now.

vote: mail-mi

I thought you should have been voting for him yesterday, and for what it's worth I wouldn't have seen that as throwing your vote around, just correcting a mistake.

So why are you voting for Mail-mi again?

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 19, 2015, 11:42:06 am »

So first I was overexplaining, now it's all about sheeping ? What's next, OMGUS, somehow ? WW is clearly stretching here, though I'm not entirely sure why yet.

@pacovf : could you reiterate your mail-mi case ? I think I must have missed something there.

@Awaclus : I mean I get the joke, but let's not add too much confusion to things.

PPE : 3
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: Skip Wooznum
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 19, 2015, 11:44:32 am »

Meh im not feeling the ww wagon, though I should probably cast a real vote sooner rather than later. I'll decide today sometime.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 19, 2015, 11:44:55 am »

So WW, did you reread or re-skim that flavorless game where Seprix was scum that you mentioned?

Also, could you elaborate on whether it's the phrasing or the action of having an RVS vote become serious that you object to?  And what's the psychological rationale behind that?

I skimmed.. he looked normal Seprix scummy, maybe not quite as scummy as his usual town self.  I believe I at one point thought  "eh, it's just normal Seprix" so didn't pursue the lynch heavily, but I was only around for Day 1.

I'm not exactly sure about the psychological rationale.  Maybe it's something like, votes get noticed, and scum doesn't like to get noticed, so they don't want to move their vote around a lot.

PPE

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 19, 2015, 11:46:33 am »

So first I was overexplaining, now it's all about sheeping ? What's next, OMGUS, somehow ? WW is clearly stretching here, though I'm not entirely sure why yet.

This seems a bit like an intentional misrepresentation. 

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: Skip Wooznum
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 19, 2015, 11:48:47 am »

This seems a bit like an intentional misrepresentation.
I dont think it was intentional. Is it scummy if it's unintentional?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 51  All

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 16 queries.