Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 51  All

Author Topic: M64: Pony-Mafia Mafia (Game Over, Town wins!)  (Read 127320 times)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
Vote Count
« Reply #100 on: June 18, 2015, 10:41:10 am »

Vote Count 1.0

Teproc (1): Witherweaver
Seprix (1): Hydrad
Hydrad (1): mail-mi
mail-mi (1): Seprix

Not Voting (8): Awaclus, Teproc, Joseph2302, skip wooznum, A Drowned Kernel, UmbrageOfSnow, chairs, pacovf

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Day 1 ends on June 28, 3 PM forum time.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 01:34:28 pm by silverspawn »

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
Re: M64: Pony-Mafia Mafia (Day 1 start!)
« Reply #101 on: June 18, 2015, 10:42:41 am »

I uh flavour text what

also vote: Mail-mi he was scum in my newbie mafia. Hi Awaclus!

silver is mod'ing so somepony else will have to claim vanilla townie in his stead.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 18, 2015, 10:44:12 am »

Vote: Seprix

Is this seriously intended?

for RVS its pretty intended.

It's okay, Hydrady! We're all friends! ...Even when we brutally murder each other in social fear of retribution, our hands covered in deep red blood of the innocent and guilty alike...
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 18, 2015, 10:45:31 am »

also Joseph you won't be mislynched this game! wooo.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 18, 2015, 10:46:26 am »

It's okay, Hydrady! We're all friends! ...Even when we brutally murder each other in social fear of retribution, our hands covered in deep red blood of the innocent and guilty alike...

The small text caught me off guard.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 18, 2015, 10:52:13 am »

The small text caught me off guard.

I know, it was pretty PTSD-MLP inducing.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 18, 2015, 11:16:17 am »

Hi everybody! vote: mail-mi

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: Skip Wooznum
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 18, 2015, 11:17:01 am »

vote: chairs

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 18, 2015, 11:20:46 am »

Gotta protect my good buddy Liam, I've actually played with him before I think.  More importantly, that flavor was lovely, stop whining about it and give us a kiss Seprix sweetums.

Now, time for setup talk: there's one important thing we know for sure now, scum is a Godfather, a Roleblocker, and either a Strongman or a 1-shot Strongman.  So keeping this in mind, claiming or trying to narrow down other setup options in any way is a bad idea.  We have nothing else to learn beyond whether the Strongman is 1-shot or not, which hardly matters, either way we don't want to rely on any schemes involving a doctor claiming who they are protecting, and scum has quite a bit worth learning.

We might want to consider a mason/non-mason claim or other things like that later on IFF we've got a suspected fakeclaim, but it's too easy for scum to dodge and exploit in general I think.  Claiming schemes are unlikely to work here.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 18, 2015, 11:23:17 am »

Oh, and I meant to also say: This should be an end to all setup talk.

Beyond knowing for sure that there is a mafia roleblocker and an at-least-1-shot strongman we have nothing else to gain.  So back to regularly scheduled RVS which should hopefully become a lot less random soon with these two lovely wagons.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 18, 2015, 11:26:10 am »

Gotta protect my good buddy Liam, I've actually played with him before I think.  More importantly, that flavor was lovely, stop whining about it and give us a kiss Seprix sweetums.

Now, time for setup talk: there's one important thing we know for sure now, scum is a Godfather, a Roleblocker, and either a Strongman or a 1-shot Strongman.  So keeping this in mind, claiming or trying to narrow down other setup options in any way is a bad idea.  We have nothing else to learn beyond whether the Strongman is 1-shot or not, which hardly matters, either way we don't want to rely on any schemes involving a doctor claiming who they are protecting, and scum has quite a bit worth learning.

We might want to consider a mason/non-mason claim or other things like that later on IFF we've got a suspected fakeclaim, but it's too easy for scum to dodge and exploit in general I think.  Claiming schemes are unlikely to work here.

Doesn't everyone have a pony they can claim as their own though?

And Silverspawn is a total fanfiction writer, so it makes sense he'd show off his Rule 34 stuff.

PPE: 1

Oh, and I meant to also say: This should be an end to all setup talk.

Beyond knowing for sure that there is a mafia roleblocker and an at-least-1-shot strongman we have nothing else to gain.  So back to regularly scheduled RVS which should hopefully become a lot less random soon with these two lovely wagons.

Wait, town advocating openly to not talk about set up?

vote: Professor Umbridge

Maybe this is a stretch, but I see no reason to not talk about set-up, even if it is obvious.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 18, 2015, 11:30:24 am »

Doesn't everyone have a pony they can claim as their own though?

Two! We are playing as ponies playing as ponies (or non-ponies, dunno who the bad guys in MLP are).

Also, FoS on Seprix. Just sayin'.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 18, 2015, 11:39:52 am »

Maybe this is a stretch, but I see no reason to not talk about set-up, even if it is obvious.

Not sure how much is serious (probably none but anyway).  So I read the other game using this setup last night and you would not believe (or you might if you read it) how much excessive confusion there seemed to be about the setup.  It's not that hard, but to the way some people's brain's work I think it actually is.  Given the amount of what turned out to be legitimately town confusion in that game, it's important that we all know there is a roleblocker, godfather, and some kind of strongman for sure, 100% here.

But any speculation beyond that is dangerous  because a roleblocker and a strongman are really good at getting around town power roles and the more we talk about it the more we risk those being guessed.  There are 924 possible setups in this system, and while that can be narrowed down substantially, it can't be narrowed nearly enough to be actually useful to town.  But scum have half as many viable setups to consider as town do, and a heck of a lot more to gain by solving it right now.  And reasonable odds of being able to come up with actually, legitimately safe power claims.

I don't know who a bunch of the characters in the flavor are, but that hint that there is a theme to the scum flavor-flavor names seems unlikely to be helpful at all without some scum flips to base it on.  That might be worth talking about at some point I guess,
but power role related discussion needs to be kept to a minimum, and in a setup like this it could be dangerously tempting.

There is a godfather, a roleblocker, and a strongmane (1-shot or otherwise).  That's all we know and all we should discuss on that front.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: Skip Wooznum
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 18, 2015, 11:47:48 am »

It's also worth noting that if anyone is a cop, vig, or mason, then that person knows the strongman is not a 1-shot

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 18, 2015, 12:09:41 pm »

Not sure how much is serious (probably none but anyway).  So I read the other game using this setup last night and you would not believe (or you might if you read it) how much excessive confusion there seemed to be about the setup.  It's not that hard, but to the way some people's brain's work I think it actually is.  Given the amount of what turned out to be legitimately town confusion in that game, it's important that we all know there is a roleblocker, godfather, and some kind of strongman for sure, 100% here.

But any speculation beyond that is dangerous  because a roleblocker and a strongman are really good at getting around town power roles and the more we talk about it the more we risk those being guessed.  There are 924 possible setups in this system, and while that can be narrowed down substantially, it can't be narrowed nearly enough to be actually useful to town.  But scum have half as many viable setups to consider as town do, and a heck of a lot more to gain by solving it right now.  And reasonable odds of being able to come up with actually, legitimately safe power claims.

I don't know who a bunch of the characters in the flavor are, but that hint that there is a theme to the scum flavor-flavor names seems unlikely to be helpful at all without some scum flips to base it on.  That might be worth talking about at some point I guess,
but power role related discussion needs to be kept to a minimum, and in a setup like this it could be dangerously tempting.

There is a godfather, a roleblocker, and a strongman (1-shot or otherwise).  That's all we know and all we should discuss on that front.

Fair enough.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 18, 2015, 12:10:19 pm »

It's also worth noting that if anyone is a cop, vig, or mason, then that person knows the strongman is not a 1-shot

This could be important.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 18, 2015, 12:13:01 pm »

This could be important.

It's useless for town purposes at the moment.  It's true, but we shouldn't talk about it.  One shot of strongman is enough to get by any claiming-protection schemes.  Drop it.

@Skip: If you had to, gun to your head, vote for one of me, Seprix, and Mail-mi right now, who would you vote for and why?

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 18, 2015, 12:14:41 pm »

@Skip: If you had to, gun to your head, vote for one of me, Seprix, and Mail-mi right now, who would you vote for and why?

What kind of question is that? It's Day 1.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 18, 2015, 12:17:17 pm »

Why are you questioning/discouraging us from moving on from RVS?

Day 1 doesn't have to be random.  My vote on you is no longer random, for example.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 18, 2015, 12:18:22 pm »

Day 1 doesn't have to be random.  My vote on you is no longer random, for example.

So questioning the groupthink gets you lynched? That's bullshit. :/

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: June 18, 2015, 12:19:02 pm »

@WW : I feel really bad about that, though I also stood up a longtime friend for her birthday, I was legit really sick.

UoS nailed everything there is to say about this setup, most importantly that the least we talk about it, the better.

vote: Seprix

PPE : 3
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 18, 2015, 12:20:03 pm »

So questioning the groupthink gets you lynched? That's bullshit. :/

No, but trying to act as if day 1 didn't matter and asking serious questions was bad is scummy. RVS is useless, the faster we get out of it, the better for town.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 18, 2015, 12:21:33 pm »

No, but trying to act as if day 1 didn't matter and asking serious questions was bad is scummy. RVS is useless, the faster we get out of it, the better for town.

Yeah, true.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 18, 2015, 12:43:41 pm »

Vote: Teproc for standing me up in Paris and leaving me standing alone in the rue with my baguette in my hand.

Innuendo intentional?

Baguettes are a big thing in Paris.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 18, 2015, 12:44:49 pm »

As they should. How you people even survive without them is beyond me.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 51  All

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 16 queries.