Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 79  All

Author Topic: RMM26: Mistborn Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 197002 times)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: RMM26: Mistborn Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #1175 on: July 21, 2015, 02:21:52 pm »

I got it.

Remember how people can like, burn metals and get stuff? My bet is that scum did this N1 and got the double vote D2.
but why use it at that point?  That is what is bothering me.  I can't figure out why scum would use it on a wagon that was likely to go to lynch anyway

Because it lasts 1 day only?
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: July 21, 2015, 02:22:36 pm »

Gkrieg, why'd you switch yesterday onto EgorK? You said you liked the case but you were vague on it. Can you be more specific?

I'm heading out for the afternoon, I'll try to post more tonight.

I wanted to lynch a lurker that day,because I felt like we weren't getting anywhere with them, and no one was getting on the mail-mi wagon.  I wasn't going to be around later that day and wanted to get my vote where it would count.  EgorK seemed scummy to me and UoS had some good points on him so he was on my would be ok with lynching list.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: July 21, 2015, 02:24:01 pm »

I got it.

Remember how people can like, burn metals and get stuff? My bet is that scum did this N1 and got the double vote D2.
but why use it at that point?  That is what is bothering me.  I can't figure out why scum would use it on a wagon that was likely to go to lynch anyway

I still don't think that is a good enough reason.  Maybe just so that EgorK couldn't claim anything. 

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: July 21, 2015, 02:31:04 pm »

I got it.

I still don't think that is a good enough reason.  Maybe just so that EgorK couldn't claim anything.

Maybe all 3 scum was voting for Egork already.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: July 21, 2015, 02:36:59 pm »

SS has been more absent than is usual for him. I'll join in vote: SS if only for pressure.

Anyone else want to join me in thinking mail-mi is scum? Please?

Why is that scummy?
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: July 21, 2015, 06:42:27 pm »

Pff. I'm really falling behind on this game. My final is day after tomorrow so I will be around more after that.
Right now, do people have any questions for me? There's a (small) chance I will be able to catch up a bit tonight.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: July 21, 2015, 07:41:49 pm »

Pff. I'm really falling behind on this game. My final is day after tomorrow so I will be around more after that.
Right now, do people have any questions for me? There's a (small) chance I will be able to catch up a bit tonight.

Are you the double voter?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: RMM26: Mistborn Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1182 on: July 21, 2015, 07:59:46 pm »

Vote Count 3.2:

silverspawn (3): Seprix, mail-mi, hydrad
Seprix (4): 2.7, Ichimaru Gin, hockeysemlan, EFHW
gkrieg13 (1): Ghacob
Ichimaru Gin (2): TwistedArcher, chairs

Not Voting (3):, silverspawn, witherweaver, gkreig13

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Day Three ends at 4:15 a.m. on July 26.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: July 21, 2015, 08:01:13 pm »

Are you the double voter?
Negative.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: July 21, 2015, 08:06:25 pm »

Whoa. Didn't even see that people were voting me and stuff. It should be abundantly clear that I've been in a very intensive summer class that takes up the majority of my time. Maybe it's a bit back in the VLA thread, but I mentioned it a number of times.

Anyway, of course this level of activity is not the norm for me at all. Unfortunately, it's about all I can spare for another few days. I'm not the double voter, me lurking isn't some sort of strategy. It'd be pretty colossally stupid to expect people to not notice that Ichi (normally one of the most active players in a given game) has been so quiet in this one (and Dwarf Fortress before it ended). I'm VLA. Really, oh yeah, I'm gonna lurk so people don't suspect me...that makes very little sense. My hackles are being raised about TA.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1185 on: July 21, 2015, 08:09:47 pm »

Vote: Ichimaru Gin His behavior is completely consistent with a hidden voter who was on wagon D1 (so no hidden vote) and off wagon D2 (so there is a hidden vote). Going to re-read him now.

Excellent. It also seems reasonable to assume IG is scum, since he did not vote publicly, barely said anything, etc.

Is there a scenario where IG is not scum?
Seriously what kind of question is this? Anyone could be the double voter as far as I'm concerned. They could be able to selectively make a hidden vote completely independently of their public vote.
I read my own PM, I'm not scum. This is starting to remind me of what happened in Village Mafia. It's like people don't even listen when I say I'm VLA (this part is not directed to Seprix, more to TA and in general).

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: July 21, 2015, 08:12:32 pm »

Vote: Ichimaru Gin His behavior is completely consistent with a hidden voter who was on wagon D1 (so no hidden vote) and off wagon D2 (so there is a hidden vote). Going to re-read him now.

Excellent. It also seems reasonable to assume IG is scum, since he did not vote publicly, barely said anything, etc.

Seriously what kind of question is this? Anyone could be the double voter as far as I'm concerned. They could be able to selectively make a hidden vote completely independently of their public vote.
I read my own PM, I'm not scum. This is starting to remind me of what happened in Village Mafia. It's like people don't even listen when I say I'm VLA (this part is not directed to Seprix, more to TA and in general).

I think we generally drifted from the IG!scum conclusion unless I am mistaken.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: July 21, 2015, 08:14:47 pm »

Unvote also. I'm feeling less scummy on Seprix. More in a bit.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: July 21, 2015, 08:15:32 pm »

This sounds like an over-reaction to 2 votes.  I will give you the benefit of the doubt because being stressed from Summer classes and having people use that the reason to vote you are things that would make me react similarly.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: July 21, 2015, 08:16:49 pm »

Count me in. vote: Seprix

Why are you voting Seprix?

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: July 21, 2015, 08:18:49 pm »

#1111 Why do people assume double vote?
You can definitely read #1111 through the light of him being a hidden voter though. But regardless of the hidden voter (which is a shot in the dark), he's a lurker who hasn't had much content thus far into the game.
Yeah, I don't like this at all. It feels very twisty.
Why would I play dumb if I was really the double voter and thus knew the mechanics of my own role? I would know that the evidence would clearly point to the existence of a double voter because of the disparity between voters and the vote count number. To me, this looks like a forced interpretation that doesn't actually hold up under examination.

PPE: Is this the first game we've played together? I overreact...like a lot--but it's something I've been working on. This is actually a good development imo. It's helping me to get more involved in the game.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: July 21, 2015, 08:21:40 pm »

PPE: Is this the first game we've played together? I overreact...like a lot--but it's something I've been working on. This is actually a good development imo. It's helping me to get more involved in the game.

It's my first game.  I'm glad you're getting involved though!  It is sometimes hard for me to believe that there are still 13 people in this game because of lack of posting from a lot of them.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: July 21, 2015, 08:23:01 pm »

For right now, I'm gonna vote: mail-mi for the reasons I posted about a page ago. 

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: July 21, 2015, 09:10:53 pm »

unvote

Ghacob

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gender
  • J. They/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: July 21, 2015, 09:30:10 pm »

Organize thoughts time!
Who do I find suspicious?
1. mail-mi
6. silverspawn
12. Seprix
13. TwistedArcher
15. gkrieg13

...mostly the same people I found suspicious at the beginning of the game, which isn't a good sign probably

I think an important step for me is to reread with our dead neighbors in mind. Faust and UoS come to mind. Rereading with the knowledge that they're town is sure to help out some

Gender happened.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: July 21, 2015, 10:43:41 pm »

hey I caught up!

SS is lurking so hard right now. Like seriously. He's been online all day and has only posted once. He hasn't been doing ANY scum hunting which he usually does as town. Actually, I really like an SS lynch today.

Vote: SS

He has been scumhunting? He pushed me quite hard to test my reaction, and cleared me after a while, SS is seriously my towniest read right now- lurking or not.

Your try to scumpaint SS is bad and you should feel bal.

vote: Seprix

aw, thanks!

I don't think SS is lurking more than he has been, but Seprix jumping on him seems more overenthusiastic than anything else to me. SS and Seprix both read townier, while Mail-mi and Hydrad come off MUCH scummier in that exchange to me (especially Mail-mi).

I'm pretty sure I'm lurking way more than usual.

So. TA is still super towny. Like, no way he is scum. gkrieg is also towny, this is sort of a really strong 'gut' read. His posts are clearly nooby!town

The Egork lynch... *sigh*. Okay, I don't think UoS is scummy for making the case, but that's hardly useful now that he's dead, is it? I think sheeping it is potentially scummy, gonna look into that in a bit.

But mostly, this makes e look really bad. I mean, what's the most logical reason for why scum would use a hidden vote there? To get a mislynch through. Hardly necessary if the compeating wagon is town too, right? e also could easily be the double voter himself. And e was scummy anyway. EFHW may not have tried to use meta arguments, but her conclusions about e are really scum tells if you factor in meta. He doesn't do blatantly scummy things as scum. vote: e

I also find it weird that there was so little resistance to the Egork wagon. Like, he is always lurking and scummy. If you want a lurker lynch that's fine, but everyone was treating it as a lynch based on a case, and the case is just not very strong in light of his meta. I mean, except TA... who is obv!town.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: July 21, 2015, 10:51:35 pm »

EFHW I'm pretty scared about because of the way she fooled everyone (including me) in Yoshi's Island mafia, but she does feel different here. Like, less careful, blending-in like. Seprix wagon is okay, he's scummy, but also kind of an enigma to me.

Hydrad is second scummiest after e, very laid back, non-content posty (I think WW called that the difference between town!Hydrad and scum!Hydrad). I mean, at least I think that's how he was, I'd have to reread him specifically to be sure. Ghacob probably town for feeling genuine. WW I had no idea was in this game, except I now remember finding him scummy in my last reread. No presence is a a scum tell I think.

PoE is hard with so many players... but does it matter? e is scum. We need to lynch e.

I will quote the day 1 wagon now - I forgot if e was on, but I hereby predict that he was probably on around spot 4-7

Day 1 Final Vote Count:

XP (9):  chairs, uos, Seprix, 2.7, WW, IG, Ghacob, EFHW, Hydrad
hockeysemlan (2): silverspawn, EgorK
2.7 (6): XP, TA, mail-mi, hockey, faust, gkrieg13

Not Voting (0):

With 17 alive, it took 9 to lynch.

I can see the future!

And day 2 he 'hammered' another town

... why aren't we lynching e?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: July 21, 2015, 10:52:18 pm »

also TA finds e scummy. and faust found e scummy, didn't he?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: July 21, 2015, 10:58:53 pm »

Okay, day 2 wagon. Actually, day 2 voting history.

EgorK (8): UoS, Seprix, chairs, Ghacob, gkrieg13, Hydrad, 2.7

I mean, the e wagon had only 3 votse at that point, so I guess he wasn't in that much danger.

gkrieg I can see sheeping that case. Ghacob idk. Hydrad is probably just scum.

really tired. but since I'm caught up now, I should be able to do more tomorrow.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: July 21, 2015, 11:02:37 pm »

And ss is back!

vote: e I really like ss's points on him.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 79  All

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 17 queries.