Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 79  All

Author Topic: RMM26: Mistborn Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 196965 times)

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
Re: RMM26: Mistborn Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #1125 on: July 19, 2015, 10:00:12 pm »

I have been having a townier read on Seprix lately to the point that I don't think I want to vote for him yet.  I think I would rather go for e or for mail-mi at this point.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: July 19, 2015, 10:14:34 pm »

SS is lurking so hard right now. Like seriously. He's been online all day and has only posted once. He hasn't been doing ANY scum hunting which he usually does as town. Actually, I really like an SS lynch today.

Vote: SS

The lurking for a day part I think is an unfair thing to judge on. If its more like hardcore lurking or like multiple days hes away thats fine but I don't feel like you should put to much into it if you see someone online and not posting.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: July 19, 2015, 10:24:08 pm »

SS is lurking so hard right now. Like seriously. He's been online all day and has only posted once. He hasn't been doing ANY scum hunting which he usually does as town. Actually, I really like an SS lynch today.

The lurking for a day part I think is an unfair thing to judge on. If its more like hardcore lurking or like multiple days hes away thats fine but I don't feel like you should put to much into it if you see someone online and not posting.

SS puts more efforts into games, and he actively changes his style of play. I think it's perfectly reasonable to have a suspicion on SS.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

hockeysemlan

• Steward
  • If you're in Gothenburg: Meet me in the Dungeon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: July 20, 2015, 03:21:22 am »

He has been scumhunting? He pushed me quite hard to test my reaction, and cleared me after a while, SS is seriously my towniest read right now- lurking or not.

Your try to scumpaint SS is bad and you should feel bal.

vote: Seprix
No win is caused by luck. Not a single one. Losses on the other hand...

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: RMM26: Mistborn Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1129 on: July 20, 2015, 03:30:09 am »

Vote Count 3.1:

Ghacob (1): mail-mi
silverspawn (1): Seprix
Seprix (3): 2.7, Ichimaru Gin, hockeysemlan

Not Voting (8): EFHW, silverspawn, witherweaver, chairs, Ghacob, gkreig13, Hydrad, TA

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Day Three ends at 4:15 a.m. on July 26.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: July 20, 2015, 09:14:45 am »

Count me in. vote: Seprix

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: July 20, 2015, 09:30:36 am »

If SS has done any scumhunting, it must have been only once because I really don't remember SS participating in this game.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: July 20, 2015, 11:05:57 am »

SS has been more absent than is usual for him. I'll join in vote: SS if only for pressure.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: July 20, 2015, 11:49:46 am »

Assuming there are 4 mafia (I read somewhere that that was about the amount there should be in a game this size).  Here is my current reads list, where I try to have exactly 4 scum reads.
All of my reasons start after page 8 (that's where I started re-reading)

SCUM:

mail-mi:  votes for Faust(301) is just sheeping UoS.
votes me (354) saying I'm with the wagoners here even though he is second on the wagon.
talk of him sheeping UoS earlier (page 10 if 50 posts per page)
does a quick reads list, if you can even call it that (642).
comes back (888)
says he will do a reread (914)
again says he will reread (966)
his response to my vote on him is that he is just like that when he is town (1008)
says he is starting reread of day 2 (1040)
next 7? posts are his, saying that he mainly has null reads
(1045) makes a good point about Ghacob voting along with his top scum read
(1050) votes Ghacob, with a pretty good reason in my opinion
(1065 - 1067) the last post seems scummy to me.  Just saying that TA was wrong in his read on him.
(1099) votes Ghacob again.
(1132) changes his vote to ss, maybe just for pressure.
So it seems like he hasn't really been doing that much scum hunting, but just giving 2 people that he thinks might be scum.  His posts seem more like fluff to me, and only one of his votes seems to have a solid reasoning (Ghacob).  His reactions to other people voting him seems very defensive to me.

Seprix:
Has been way to active for me to put all of his posts.  I think his day one reaction to everyone voting him is extremely defensive.  He also never really gives a good explanation for why he votes me.  He seems to get on every single large wagon that comes up.  His wagon on the first day is a mix of people who were on-wagon both days and off-wagon both days.  His response (580) to TA wanting a link to a mafia game of his seems VERY scummy to me.  he also buddies e back. Says he doesn't like the e lynch at all and then, to me, tries everything he can to make sure it doesn't go through.  His wagon also splits in two different ways, which seems to me like he had scum on his wagon as well as town. 

2.7: e buddies seprix the first day when he is having a rough time.  He actually backs him up all day and says that other people voting for him is scummy ex (600).  I've gone back and forth on e but his interactions with Seprix and mail-mi and hockey are what make me believe he is the 4th scum.  and that his wagon was large on both days but didn't go through on either one of them.

I'm not sure who the 4th one is yet.  Suggestions would be nice.  I really just had to go to class before I could figure out the 4th and I'm on a public computer so can't just save my work...

Other reasons why this scum team makes sense to me:
They could pass off the factional kill on the first night to the 4th scum or to mail-mi and on the second night to Seprix.  I don't think anyone has investigated mafia yet because no one has said anything about it yet.  The scum team has to have a few lurkers and a few active people for this to be the case in my opinion. 

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: July 20, 2015, 11:57:05 am »

Seprix:
Has been way to active for me to put all of his posts.  I think his day one reaction to everyone voting him is extremely defensive.  He also never really gives a good explanation for why he votes me.  He seems to get on every single large wagon that comes up.  His wagon on the first day is a mix of people who were on-wagon both days and off-wagon both days.  His response (580) to TA wanting a link to a mafia game of his seems VERY scummy to me.  he also buddies e back. Says he doesn't like the e lynch at all and then, to me, tries everything he can to make sure it doesn't go through.  His wagon also splits in two different ways, which seems to me like he had scum on his wagon as well as town. 

Almost being lynched straight out of the box will make anybody defensive, and if being defensive is scum play, then anything can be scummy. Don't be absurd.
My reason for voting you was the reason everyone else was voting for you at the time, why repeat what everyone says? Oh, wait. If I say nothing, I'm scummy. If I repeat what others say, I'll be scummy anyways, right?
(Reply to TA post) Telling the truth is scummy? Got it.
If I recall correctly, I was pushing for an e lynch come D2.

Your case on me is ludicrous.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: July 20, 2015, 12:58:22 pm »

Assuming there are 4 mafia (I read somewhere that that was about the amount there should be in a game this size).  Here is my current reads list, where I try to have exactly 4 scum reads.
All of my reasons start after page 8 (that's where I started re-reading)

SCUM:

mail-mi:  votes for Faust(301) is just sheeping UoS.
votes me (354) saying I'm with the wagoners here even though he is second on the wagon.
talk of him sheeping UoS earlier (page 10 if 50 posts per page)
does a quick reads list, if you can even call it that (642).
comes back (888)
says he will do a reread (914)
again says he will reread (966)
his response to my vote on him is that he is just like that when he is town (1008)
says he is starting reread of day 2 (1040)
next 7? posts are his, saying that he mainly has null reads
(1045) makes a good point about Ghacob voting along with his top scum read
(1050) votes Ghacob, with a pretty good reason in my opinion
(1065 - 1067) the last post seems scummy to me.  Just saying that TA was wrong in his read on him.
(1099) votes Ghacob again.
(1132) changes his vote to ss, maybe just for pressure.
So it seems like he hasn't really been doing that much scum hunting, but just giving 2 people that he thinks might be scum.  His posts seem more like fluff to me, and only one of his votes seems to have a solid reasoning (Ghacob).  His reactions to other people voting him seems very defensive to me.

Okay, I said this in another game but I'll say it here too, I play this to have fun. Sorry if I don't do as much work as other people, because I didn't sign up to do work. So if up if case on me is "he's not doing work" then you just found both my town and scum playstyle. You'll need something a little bit better.

Also, I'm town.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: July 20, 2015, 02:41:28 pm »

I have to admit, if mail-mi ISN'T lurking, it's pretty much a scum tell.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: July 20, 2015, 02:47:32 pm »

Vote: ss

woo for competing wagons!
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: July 20, 2015, 03:45:10 pm »

If people don't like my logic, how about putting together your own list of who the scum team is.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: July 20, 2015, 03:49:42 pm »

If people don't like my logic, how about putting together your own list of who the scum team is.

I just did. And there's little point finding out who everyone is until we hit one, because then we have something to compare.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: July 20, 2015, 04:39:35 pm »

I just did. And there's little point finding out who everyone is until we hit one, because then we have something to compare.

but trying to put together a whole team makes it easier to figure out which interactions make sense, from my short lesson on theory from the wiki.  I'm mainly just trying to start discussion.

Ghacob

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gender
  • J. They/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: July 21, 2015, 12:15:02 am »

So should I vote lurker!SS or scummy!gkrieg?

preference over policy, therefore

vote: gkrieg13
Gender happened.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: July 21, 2015, 12:50:45 am »

I think that geekrig is pretty townie, do you have a reason?

Ghacob

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gender
  • J. They/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: July 21, 2015, 09:07:53 am »

I think that geekrig is pretty townie, do you have a reason?

I want to say gut, as his posts have irked me since the beginning. I can do a quick reread though to see if I can find why I feel that way
Gender happened.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: July 21, 2015, 01:33:29 pm »

Ok, I'm around. Not sure what's up with the double voter but I'm definitely assuming it's a scum power until I hear otherwise. Going to look back at the wagons to see what happened D1.

hockeysemlan

• Steward
  • If you're in Gothenburg: Meet me in the Dungeon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: July 21, 2015, 01:36:20 pm »

So many scummy people..

Seprix, Ghacob, e and a fourth one I can't see yet is the scumteam I see this far.. someone of these got to go today!
No win is caused by luck. Not a single one. Losses on the other hand...

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: July 21, 2015, 01:40:28 pm »

Ok so I wanted to look at the wagons from a role/theory perspective to see what could have happened with the wagon yesterday. He didn't flip hated so I'm assuming that isn't true, although I suppose it's not impossible there's a scum hater-fier or something like that who made EgorK hated N1. But that seems unlikely enough to completely discredit.

Here's the D2 final vote count:

2.7 (3): EFHW, hockeysemlan, silverspawn
EFHW (1): witherweaver
EgorK (8): UoS, Seprix, chairs, Ghacob, gkrieg13, Hydrad, 2.7
Ghacob (1): mail-mi
mail-mi (1): TA

Not Voting (2):  IG, EgorK

With 15 alive, it took 8 to lynch.

People who could doublevote:
Seprix, Chairs, Ghacob, gkrieg13, Hydrad, 2.7

People who could be hidden voters:
IG

Vote count 2.7 shows everyone but 2.7 (haha!) on wagon, so if any of these people are double voters, they got to do it only at the end of the day. So it's an active day power rather than a passive day power if these people are scum.

Vote count 2.5 shows 2.7 on me with the normal amount of votes.

Ichi did not vote once yesterday.

Ichi WAS on wagon D1. So this would be consistent with the theory that he's a hidden voter when he's off wagon.

Vote: Ichimaru Gin His behavior is completely consistent with a hidden voter who was on wagon D1 (so no hidden vote) and off wagon D2 (so there is a hidden vote). Going to re-read him now.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: July 21, 2015, 01:41:32 pm »

So many scummy people..

Seprix, Ghacob, e and a fourth one I can't see yet is the scumteam I see this far.. someone of these got to go today!

I think calling a scum team especially with this many people left is futile, you're better off looking at individual players. The scum players here are good enough that they're not going to tie themselves together especially early on with no scum lynches. In a bigger game I honestly think we're better off looking at people who bus each other, not people who defend one another early on.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: July 21, 2015, 01:49:57 pm »

Vote: Ichimaru Gin His behavior is completely consistent with a hidden voter who was on wagon D1 (so no hidden vote) and off wagon D2 (so there is a hidden vote). Going to re-read him now.

Excellent. It also seems reasonable to assume IG is scum, since he did not vote publicly, barely said anything, etc.

Is there a scenario where IG is not scum?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: July 21, 2015, 01:52:59 pm »

Ok, re-read Ichi. There's like nothing there at all. He's posted basically no reads, voted for Seprix then XP today, and didn't have a single significant read other than UoS being towny D2. Here's my re-read:

Ichi re-read:

#130 Believes Chairs slip was town
Early, lots of flavor talk, but not really game related.
#229 Says he has had a hard time following the game
#321 Promises to step things up
#352 Thinks it's interesting people are calling him lurking when he's contributed basically nothing to the game
#359 Gkrieg may be scum
#633 Voted Seprix, still likes vote. Keeps saying how he is having trouble getting into the game.
#747 "Yeah..I could XP" with no other reasoning
#872 Faust's death doesn't let to any conclusion about 2.7
#925 Ichi's first real reads of the game. UoS town, and that's basically it honestly. Says some other stuff but it's low content
#928 TA scummier than EFHW
#1111 Why do people assume double vote?

It reads a bit scummy, but honestly more lurky than anything else. There's not much here to analyze other than the fact that he just hasn't been around. You can definitely read #1111 through the light of him being a hidden voter though. But regardless of the hidden voter (which is a shot in the dark), he's a lurker who hasn't had much content thus far into the game.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 79  All

Page created in 0.888 seconds with 20 queries.