Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 79  All

Author Topic: RMM26: Mistborn Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 197052 times)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: RMM26: Mistborn Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #1100 on: July 19, 2015, 12:40:00 pm »

I honestly don't know who to push for yet. I'll be home in a minute, to try and build a case.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: July 19, 2015, 12:47:32 pm »

I have a question for the mod pending.

I'll wait for chairs before I do any rereads etc.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: RMM26: Mistborn Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #1102 on: July 19, 2015, 01:06:30 pm »

For reference:

Day 1 Final Vote Count:

XP (9):  chairs, uos, Seprix, 2.7, WW, IG, Ghacob, EFHW, Hydrad
hockeysemlan (2): silverspawn, EgorK
2.7 (6): XP, TA, mail-mi, hockey, faust, gkrieg13

Not Voting (0):

With 17 alive, it took 9 to lynch.
D2 Final Vote Count:

2.7 (3): EFHW, hockeysemlan, silverspawn
EFHW (1): witherweaver
EgorK (8): UoS, Seprix, chairs, Ghacob, gkrieg13, Hydrad, 2.7
Ghacob (1): mail-mi
mail-mi (1): TA

Not Voting (2):  IG, EgorK

With 15 alive, it took 8 to lynch.

Based off of this list, we can make a number of probabilities:

First Question: The Double Vote

Here are some probabilities I can run by.

A player may cast a single vote, but it has the weight of two votes. If this is done, the moderator may explicitly list the vote twice, or just once.

Assuming this is true:

-IG did not vote, counting him out of contention.
-Double Voter is probably town for balance reasons
-The Double Voter did not seem to use his/her (for EFHW :D) power on the votes on D1. This leaves me with two questions:

1. Does Ashersky count the vote come deadline if no majority lynch is reached?
2. Is the Double Vote a 1-shot or 2-shot?

A player may cast a single vote in-thread, but control an invisible second vote via PM.

Assuming this is true, the double voter could be anybody. The questions posed are the same. So in conclusion, there is nothing to learn about the double voter from these series of events in my mind.

Chairs's possible reveal may open some doors up however, so perhaps I should withhold any possible reads until the reveal happens (or doesn't).
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: July 19, 2015, 01:22:48 pm »

I would not advise on holding up for rereads/etc. My pending data is, frankly, a minor concern - I basically just want to confirm my power usage PM was received as I sent it during the N2 action window but never received a reply.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: July 19, 2015, 02:06:35 pm »

My guess is that it was a secret vote because the vote count stayed at 6 until e voted, where it went to 8.  Either e used a double vote (which seems weird to me), or there was a secret vote cast between hydrad voting for EgorK and e voting for EgorK.  It would be weird for ash to keep the vote count at the normal amount until the very last vote.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: July 19, 2015, 02:07:29 pm »

I would not advise on holding up for rereads/etc. My pending data is, frankly, a minor concern - I basically just want to confirm my power usage PM was received as I sent it during the N2 action window but never received a reply.

Ya but this could give us more information.  Plus I actually just don't have time right now for a reread

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: July 19, 2015, 03:03:16 pm »

Well, I wasn't expecting to hammer there at L-1.

Vote Count 1.15:

XP (8):  chairs, uos, Seprix, 2.7, WW, IG, Ghacob, EFHW

So this is the L-1 wagon on XP.  Either the double vote thing didn't happen D1 or none of these people have the double vote. 

Then the wagon yesterday:
D2 Final Vote Count:

Would seem to imply that gkrieg or Hydrad are the double vote people.  Unless it isn't a "dboule vote" but a "secret vote" that can go anywhere they want it to go and they had it elsewhere on D1. 

I don't know, but right now I want to seriously look at gkrieg and hydrad as the top two lynch candidates. 
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: July 19, 2015, 03:16:29 pm »

Vote Count 1.15:

So this is the L-1 wagon on XP.  Either the double vote thing didn't happen D1 or none of these people have the double vote. 

D2 Final Vote Count:

Would seem to imply that gkrieg or Hydrad are the double vote people.  Unless it isn't a "dboule vote" but a "secret vote" that can go anywhere they want it to go and they had it elsewhere on D1. 

I don't know, but right now I want to seriously look at gkrieg and hydrad as the top two lynch candidates.

The extra vote power, however it happens, could be X-shot, meaning its owner decided not to use it on Day 1.  I don't think we can really rule anybody out.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: July 19, 2015, 03:41:07 pm »

Vote Count 1.15:

D2 Final Vote Count:

So... Repeat what I said, and then lynch the possible double voters, who very may be town?

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: July 19, 2015, 04:55:14 pm »

Got my response from mod. Nothing to report as a result, I'm afraid.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: July 19, 2015, 06:26:18 pm »

I will claim right now that I don't have any double vote powers.  I think that it was a secret vote, because that just seems more likely to me in this case, seeing as it was used to lynch town.  A town double voter would probably make it known that their vote counts double because then no one accidentally hammers right?

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: July 19, 2015, 06:30:47 pm »

I've skimmed the thread some. Why is it that people think someone on the wagon has a double-vote though? Isn't it just as likely (perhaps even moreso) that EgorK was hated?

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: July 19, 2015, 06:31:06 pm »

I will claim right now that I don't have any double vote powers.  I think that it was a secret vote, because that just seems more likely to me in this case, seeing as it was used to lynch town.  A town double voter would probably make it known that their vote counts double because then no one accidentally hammers right?

And then promptly be wiped out the next available night?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: July 19, 2015, 06:32:11 pm »

I've skimmed the thread some. Why is it that people think someone on the wagon has a double-vote though? Isn't it just as likely (perhaps even moreso) that EgorK was hated?

I think it is because it said there were 8 votes on EgorK instead of 7

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: July 19, 2015, 06:32:52 pm »

There was nothing in EgorK's flip to say he was hated.  If he was hated, then that is scum making him hated.  Modifier's like hated should appear in a flip. 

Either way, scum has the ability to lynch people at L-1.  Whether that is by secret vote, double vote, or making people hated, we need to be careful with L-1
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: July 19, 2015, 06:33:04 pm »

I think it is because it said there were 8 votes on EgorK instead of 7

And this

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: July 19, 2015, 06:36:19 pm »

And then promptly be wiped out the next available night?
Good point

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: July 19, 2015, 06:37:01 pm »

There was nothing in EgorK's flip to say he was hated.  If he was hated, then that is scum making him hated.  Modifier's like hated should appear in a flip. 

Either way, scum has the ability to lynch people at L-1.  Whether that is by secret vote, double vote, or making people hated, we need to be careful with L-1

Scum has the double vote ability? Where's your proof?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: July 19, 2015, 06:56:55 pm »

For reference:

Day 1 Final Vote Count:

XP (9):  chairs, uos, Seprix, 2.7, WW, IG, Ghacob, EFHW, Hydrad
hockeysemlan (2): silverspawn, EgorK
2.7 (6): XP, TA, mail-mi, hockey, faust, gkrieg13

Not Voting (0):

With 17 alive, it took 9 to lynch.
D2 Final Vote Count:

2.7 (3): EFHW, hockeysemlan, silverspawn
EFHW (1): witherweaver
Ghacob (1): mail-mi
mail-mi (1): TA

Not Voting (2):  IG, EgorK

With 15 alive, it took 8 to lynch.

people on the wagon that lynched D1 but not D2: WW, IG, EFHW
people on the wagon that lynched D2 but not D1: gkrieg13
people on the wagon both days: Seprix, chairs, Ghacob, Hydrad, e
people not on the wagon both days: mail-mi, TA, silverspawn, hockeysemlan

I'm not sure exactly how to analyze wagons but I can think of a few different ideas.  Tell me if my logic is wrong.
Scum doesn't want to be on a wagon that lynches town if they don't have to.  Which would mean that they either want to be one of the first on the wagon, or near the end to make sure it goes through over a scum lynch.  Does that make sense with mafia theory?   

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: July 19, 2015, 06:59:47 pm »

Generally you want to be early on the wagon, as the later you are, the more scrutinized you become.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: July 19, 2015, 07:01:49 pm »

e looks bad, Ghacob looks bad, and there will be one scum who wants to not be on wagons who can be SS or TA honestly.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: July 19, 2015, 07:03:42 pm »

e looks bad, Ghacob looks bad, and there will be one scum who wants to not be on wagons who can be SS or TA honestly.
I feel like mail-mi looks scummier than ss.  I agree with you about e and Ghacob and TA though.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: July 19, 2015, 07:10:31 pm »

SS is lurking so hard right now. Like seriously. He's been online all day and has only posted once. He hasn't been doing ANY scum hunting which he usually does as town. Actually, I really like an SS lynch today.

Vote: SS

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: July 19, 2015, 08:17:45 pm »

Scum has the double vote ability? Where's your proof?

I don't have "proof"

I am making the assumption that town would not have this ability and not have claimed it. 

What this looks like to me is scum trying to be a little too "open to all possibilities"

vote: Seprix

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: July 19, 2015, 09:48:50 pm »

I'll sheep that. Vote: Seprix.
I'm not sure I've ever been in a game where someone has a doublevote, but is it more likely to be a scum ability than town?
It seems waaaaaaay more useful for scum than town though. Actually, the wiki seems to weight it more as a town role though.
It also brought up some stuff that I hadn't considered, like the two votes could be made independently with one of them being secret. So the extra vote could theoretically come from someone who was off the EgorK wagon it seems. I wonder about the syntatic implications of that on the vote counts though...
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 79  All

Page created in 2.004 seconds with 20 queries.