Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 79  All

Author Topic: RMM26: Mistborn Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 197075 times)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
Re: RMM26: Mistborn Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1050 on: July 16, 2015, 08:29:14 pm »

vote: ghacob will switch if necessary, but trying this out.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: July 16, 2015, 08:30:56 pm »

Vote Count 2.7:

2.7 (4): EFHW, hockeysemlan, silverspawn, TA
TwistedArcher (1):  2.7
EFHW (1): witherweaver
EgorK (6):. UoS, Seprix, chairs, Ghacob, gkrieg13, Hydrad
Ghacob (1): mail-mi

Not Voting (2):  IG, EgorK

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

Day 2 ends on July 17 at 9:00 p.m.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: July 16, 2015, 08:53:32 pm »

So we have 50 minutes left?  And 5 people with votes where they won't really matter.
No, we have a day.

Oh thanks.  I totally read that wrong.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: July 16, 2015, 09:15:29 pm »

Mail-mi, your re-read would give me the impression you've been voting for E all day, but you've actually been voting for me the entire day.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: July 16, 2015, 09:16:26 pm »

I'd rather lynch Mail-mi than EgorK if we're picking lurkers. I'm not super convinced by UoS' re-read on EgorK, it doesn't seem like there's all that much there.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: July 16, 2015, 09:17:20 pm »

scummy
Umbrage

Had a lot of thoughts, still unorganized, the good news is that I am convinced by Umbrage, the best case I've seen, much better than what are basically my feelings on things
vote: egork

Why are you voting along with your top scum read? Don't you think his case would be on town if he's scum?

Ghacob's being inconsistent. Add him to my top lynches today.

This reads super super phony to me. This and getting his D2 vote mixed up are both red flags to me.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: July 16, 2015, 09:17:48 pm »

Vote: Mail-mi I'd be very happy to lynch here. He's a lurker AND he's scummy.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: July 16, 2015, 09:18:16 pm »

If we're going to lynch a lurker/non-voter I would like to try Ghacob. He might be less Active due to IRL-reasons, but this isn't how I remember him play as town.. this is the perfect game to be newb!scum on.

vote: ghacob will switch if necessary, but trying this out.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: July 16, 2015, 09:18:53 pm »

I'd rather lynch Mail-mi than EgorK if we're picking lurkers. I'm not super convinced by UoS' re-read on EgorK, it doesn't seem like there's all that much there.

I think there's a lot of merit in EgorK, and Mail-Mi's defection to try and distract from EgorK by attacking Ghacob seems a bit fishy, so if EgorK is scum, my next votr will probably be on Mail-Mi.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: July 16, 2015, 09:18:57 pm »

Oops, posted before I could comment. But mail-mi definitely has a history of finding scum reads through re-reads on people who have already been targeted as scummy.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: July 16, 2015, 09:23:07 pm »

I think there's a lot of merit in EgorK, and Mail-Mi's defection to try and distract from EgorK by attacking Ghacob seems a bit fishy, so if EgorK is scum, my next votr will probably be on Mail-Mi.

I disagree that it's super good. Here's UoS' points against him:

So basically it's
1: Inconsistent behavior regarding the language of chairs' PM.  I don't think he knows what a town PM looks like.

2: Tendency to jump on wagons at opportunistic moments to give them momentum while just sheeping the people making them.

3: Not seeming to follow one train of logic, willing to sheep me on Faust being scum and sheep Faust on Hockey being scum shortly thereafter.  Without any real resolution to the earlier thing, and on a pretty damn weak case.  I don't think he has any real reads.  He's just sheeping people who start wagons.

4: HARDCORE lurking (including before and after his hospitalization.  Sorry you're sick by the way.)

5: Lots of his actual posts are content-free

Out of these, I don't find 1 to be scummy. 2 I don't know that it's true (there's only one quoted instance), and being on wagons isn't bad, town wants to be on wagons too. 3 is the strongest point here. 4 is true but I don't think it separates him from any other lurkers. ditto for 5. Basically, there's nothing that makes me want to vote him over any other lurker. I know I leaned townier on him D1 (and I don't remember why, I need to re-read my reasons), but that's enough for me to not want to vote him over another lurker, and this case didn't do much to change my mind. I'd rather lynch mail-mi out of the lurkers.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: July 16, 2015, 09:26:00 pm »

I don't think UoS' case is bad, but I think it's definitely on the weaker side of cases. I'd imagine that everyone hopping on is more due to the gameplay rather than anything else though (We've had so few cases or so few ideas, that everything that pops up looks stronger by comparison). It doesn't strike me as "We've got this guy nailed, let's all lynch him", which the quick reaction in votes definitely seemed to indicate.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: July 16, 2015, 09:27:10 pm »

I don't think UoS' case is bad, but I think it's definitely on the weaker side of cases. I'd imagine that everyone hopping on is more due to the gameplay rather than anything else though (We've had so few cases or so few ideas, that everything that pops up looks stronger by comparison). It doesn't strike me as "We've got this guy nailed, let's all lynch him", which the quick reaction in votes definitely seemed to indicate.

Yeah, it is bad UoS is the only one making strong cases. The more cases the better.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: July 16, 2015, 09:28:49 pm »

Also interesting is that basically everyone who jumped on the EgorK wagon (except Seprix) is a lurker. Of course this could just be because you're all lurky sheep and this is what you do, which if it is true, come on, come up with your own views or add your views on EgorK or add your views on what you like/dislike about the case.

It could also be that LALL will lead to scum lynches a lot, and the scum lurkers need to make sure it's someone other than themselves.

I hate that I can't distinguish how lurkers play or get any read on them though. It's frustrating, you guys need to make some content that the rest of us can analyze.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: July 16, 2015, 09:31:38 pm »

I've noticed a disturbing trend towards lurking play recently in my games, and it's gotten this way because of 'poor me I'm busy' and 'it's just one guy and how he plays' arguments. This is potentially dangerous, and I will personally advocate for a lurker lynch policy.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: July 16, 2015, 09:35:22 pm »

Mail-mi, your re-read would give me the impression you've been voting for E all day, but you've actually been voting for me the entire day.

I didn't mean to give that impression. The reread just lead me to believe that e was scummier from the beginning of it.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: July 16, 2015, 09:36:15 pm »

Oops, posted before I could comment. But mail-mi definitely has a history of finding scum reads through re-reads on people who have already been targeted as scummy.

Actually that post that you quoted had no influence on my scum read of ghacob.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: July 16, 2015, 09:37:28 pm »

scummy
Umbrage

Had a lot of thoughts, still unorganized, the good news is that I am convinced by Umbrage, the best case I've seen, much better than what are basically my feelings on things
vote: egork

Why are you voting along with your top scum read? Don't you think his case would be on town if he's scum?

Ghacob's being inconsistent. Add him to my top lynches today.

This reads super super phony to me. This and getting his D2 vote mixed up are both red flags to me.

Well it's not, and I don't know what else to say. Also, scum tend to keep more track of their votes. Also, see my post two posts ago.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: July 16, 2015, 10:26:38 pm »

Yeah, it is bad UoS is the only one making strong cases. The more cases the better.

The only one?  Are you trying to distract from 2.7?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: July 16, 2015, 10:40:36 pm »

TA claiming mail-mi is scummier than egorK reads false to me.  His analysis of the egorK case, in my view, minimized the scumminess of things like having mostly content-free posts, opportunistic voting, and irregular voting patterns. mail-mi voted Ghacob and forgot who his vote was on.  This is stronger than the egorK case?  mail-mi is taking stances and actively scumhunting. I would be really against a mail-mi lynch today.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: July 16, 2015, 10:42:30 pm »

Have you made any cases?  I don't recall any right now.

Ghacob

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gender
  • J. They/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: July 16, 2015, 10:44:07 pm »

The only one?  Are you trying to distract from 2.7?
implications clear
Gender happened.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: July 17, 2015, 01:51:10 am »

So, I don't think TA is going to happen.

The case on EgorK seems a little forced, but what caught my eye was that reread he did.  It reminded me of exactly what scum!egork would do to get caught back up in a game.

So I will go vote: EgorK for now.

I am also interested in mail-mi, but preservation and stuff.  EgorK is a solid lynch choice and I don't think mail-mi will get the votes.

(L-1)
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: July 17, 2015, 02:06:14 am »

Thread locked.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: July 17, 2015, 02:09:31 am »

D2 Final Vote Count:

2.7 (3): EFHW, hockeysemlan, silverspawn
EFHW (1): witherweaver
EgorK (8): UoS, Seprix, chairs, Ghacob, gkrieg13, Hydrad, 2.7
Ghacob (1): mail-mi
mail-mi (1): TA

Not Voting (2):  IG, EgorK

With 15 alive, it took 8 to lynch.

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 79  All

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 20 queries.