Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 79  All

Author Topic: RMM26: Mistborn Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 197080 times)

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
Re: RMM26: Mistborn Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #975 on: July 15, 2015, 11:04:53 am »

I feel like large games occasionally have "D1 funk" all the way to ~D3.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: July 15, 2015, 01:29:54 pm »

While probably true, it's frustrating, and doesn't need to be true.  Hell, a Day 1 funk is bad and unnecessary too.

Town can win in a game with 0 power roles, and not by luck.  But it requires people to take stances.  6 out of 15 players (Ichi, Ghacob, Hydrad, EgorK, TA, mail-mi) don't have any votes down today at all.  I don't know why TA isn't on e, but he's at least taken stances on things.  Not so for the others. 

We only have 2 days left in the day.  Lurking is AMAZING for scum here, especially if e, TA, and I are all town.  Then it'll be like 3 mislynches and 3 night kills into the game and no one will have any reads on anyone else and scum will have never had to commit to an uncomfortable position or do anything that might link them to each other or endanger their partners.

So many of the active players are just caught up on e, (and I'm guilty of this too) that lynching e might just be what needs to happen to move us on.  It'll certainly make the end of D1 wagons more informative.  But I think e's town, and I'll be damned if I'm going to let us lynch town without at least making more town or scum commit to either lynching or not, no matter how informative.

And there needs to be a viable alternative.  My scumread on TA does depend on e and XP both having been town, basically.  But there are a bunch of people that don't have an opinion on that.  If we're going to treat it like Day 1, let's try a Day 1 level case:

Vote: Egork

Reasons in a bit.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: July 15, 2015, 01:30:39 pm »

Woah, that's bold.

I can't wait to hear your reasons.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: July 15, 2015, 01:37:53 pm »

....  6 out of 15 players (Ichi, Ghacob, Hydrad, EgorK, TA, mail-mi) don't have any votes down today at all.  I don't know why TA isn't on e, but he's at least taken stances on things.  Not so for the others. 

We only have 2 days left in the day.  Lurking is AMAZING for scum here, especially if e, TA, and I are all town.  Then it'll be like 3 mislynches and 3 night kills into the game and no one will have any reads on anyone else and scum will have never had to commit to an uncomfortable position or do anything that might link them to each other or endanger their partners.

So many of the active players are just caught up on e, (and I'm guilty of this too) that lynching e might just be what needs to happen to move us on.  It'll certainly make the end of D1 wagons more informative.  But I think e's town, and I'll be damned if I'm going to let us lynch town without at least making more town or scum commit to either lynching or not, no matter how informative.

+1.  I just signed on to say something very much along these lines.  While I think e is scum, if that wagon lets a bunch of people sit back without committing themselves, I also see that as very much a problem.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: July 15, 2015, 02:02:30 pm »

I think that e was framed in the night kill, and is therefore town. (Or at least not scum).

I am going to put my vote on vote: TA
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: July 15, 2015, 02:15:10 pm »

I'm pretty keen to hear the EgorK case, honestly.

[b\]unvote[/b].

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: July 15, 2015, 02:15:27 pm »

Err...
unvote.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: July 15, 2015, 02:17:23 pm »

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: July 15, 2015, 11:55:53 pm »

Welp. Sorry I'm still so low activity. I have finals next week...so I'll have more time after that. I should be around a bit this weekend as well.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: July 16, 2015, 12:03:54 am »

Welp. Sorry I'm still so low activity. I have finals next week...so I'll have more time after that. I should be around a bit this weekend as well.

Why aren't you voting?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: July 16, 2015, 12:04:17 am »

Err...
unvote.

I don't think you were voting in the first place.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: July 16, 2015, 12:05:00 am »

Err...
unvote.

I don't think you were voting in the first place.

nvm, sorry! :-[

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: July 16, 2015, 12:12:42 am »

Why aren't you voting?
Because I don't know who to vote for right now.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: July 16, 2015, 12:15:25 am »

I think we have 7 people either not voting or the only ones on a wagon.  This is concerning to me, since it is the pattern we would get if both wagons were town.  The scum players can hang back and let town lynch itself.  If they were both scum, I'd expect a 3rd wagon to have developed some time ago.

People not voting/on wagons by themselves:

IG, Ghacob, Hydrad, EgorK, TA, WW, gkrieg

I'm not including chairs b/c he did vote recently and is waiting to hear UoS's case on egorK.

I'm staying on 2.7, but I do want to hear what UoS has to say about egorK.  It would be great to get reads lists from the 7 people mentioned above!

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: July 16, 2015, 12:16:00 am »

vote: e

interested to hear more about egork though.

mail-mi's townread on e seems very constructed to me.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #990 on: July 16, 2015, 12:16:33 am »

Didn't gkrieg already do a reads list?
I thought it was townie too.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: July 16, 2015, 12:17:09 am »

I think we have 7 people either not voting or the only ones on a wagon.  This is concerning to me, since it is the pattern we would get if both wagons were town.  The scum players can hang back and let town lynch itself.  If they were both scum, I'd expect a 3rd wagon to have developed some time ago.

I'm not including chairs b/c he did vote recently and is waiting to hear UoS's case on egorK.

I'm staying on 2.7, but I do want to hear what UoS has to say about egorK.  It would be great to get reads lists from the 7 people mentioned above!

this feels odd.

why 2 town or 2 scum?

is it only those 2 options? or is town/scum possible also.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: July 16, 2015, 12:17:17 am »

I'm staying on TA, but I am concerned about the lack of activity. Then again, since no one is doing anything, scum doesn't feel motivated to do much either. TA has like, 4 votes on him? There could be worse pressure.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: July 16, 2015, 12:18:12 am »

this is my fear. i have a scumread on e. but if he's town this is exactly how i'd expect d2 to play out. and it makes me want to lynch a lurker, esp one who jumped on either myself or e with flimsy reasoning. time to go see who that is

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: July 16, 2015, 12:18:34 am »

I think this plurality lynch is bad for town - it makes a lot less pressure on everyone to vote and take stances.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: July 16, 2015, 12:22:21 am »

this feels odd.

why 2 town or 2 scum?

is it only those 2 options? or is town/scum possible also.

Of course, all three patterns are possible!  The current complacency could mean nothing at all, and we could have scum equally distributed among the voters and non-voters.  It's just striking, so it gives me pause is all. It's not enough to take me off e right now, but I think it's something to keep in mind.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: July 16, 2015, 12:23:56 am »

(mostly I want people to start posting more!)

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: July 16, 2015, 12:24:47 am »

this is my fear. i have a scumread on e. but if he's town this is exactly how i'd expect d2 to play out. and it makes me want to lynch a lurker, esp one who jumped on either myself or e with flimsy reasoning. time to go see who that is

I know you are agreeing with me, but this feels scummy.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: July 16, 2015, 12:26:32 am »

Hey! People posting!

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: July 16, 2015, 12:26:50 am »

I know you are agreeing with me, but this feels scummy.

sorry? i hope you're not falling into the trap that when i phone post it reads scummy,cuz i know that is a thing.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 79  All

Page created in 0.214 seconds with 17 queries.