Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 79  All

Author Topic: RMM26: Mistborn Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 197016 times)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
Re: RMM26: Mistborn Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #375 on: July 06, 2015, 11:40:57 am »

actually, I'm going to vote: hockey instead for calling grkiegrki obv town.

Meh. I only refered to his D1-pass. All new players are obv!town the first day. gkrieg just manage to act very scummy despite of that, but frankly I think he do it by mistake more than anything else. 

You're wasting your vote silver.

vote: hockey vote: hockey vote: hockey

Am I the only one who finds this vote super scummy? not commital overexplained and overly concerned.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 06, 2015, 11:41:05 am »

*this post

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 06, 2015, 11:41:58 am »

and the point of the day 1 policy is that it's a policy. Of course it's not good for the game - the definition of policy is that you do it for non-game related reasons. Lynching someone on his very first day is just kind of harsh.

Ghacob

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gender
  • J. They/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 06, 2015, 12:12:33 pm »

words are hard

I'm willing to give gkrieg a chance seeing as it's his first day, not just for policy, but because it'd be a shame to lynch confused!town, and we can always lynch new!scum tomorrow.

The other thing that I was trying to say was that my top scumreads(read: not strong) were voting for gkrieg, which would mean either:
-a very early bus (not very likely)
-gkrieg is an easy town target D1 (hope my words make sense with that, as it's important)(more likely)

culminating to a null read on gkrieg, I'll make a decision on whether I want to lynch him or not not today

people seem to really like acting like poor play is scummy play
Gender happened.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 06, 2015, 12:15:16 pm »

To be honest I probably would have played better if I had been scum because I would have been able to ask them all of my questions privately instead of having to ask everyone as a whole.

hockeysemlan

• Steward
  • If you're in Gothenburg: Meet me in the Dungeon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 06, 2015, 12:25:16 pm »

Meh. I only refered to his D1-pass. All new players are obv!town the first day. gkrieg just manage to act very scummy despite of that, but frankly I think he do it by mistake more than anything else. 

You're wasting your vote silver.

vote: hockey vote: hockey vote: hockey

Am I the only one who finds this vote super scummy? not commital overexplained and overly concerned.

Eh. Thank you for quoting my spontane reaction and not the post were I wrote my thoughts more thouroughly. I know it's policy, but not just a polite one. New players don't know what's scummy or not, they can act super scummy but just be clueless townie - playing poor more or less. I for instance didn't know self awareness was such a scum tell in my first game.. Scumreads on a new player can be completely mirrored for all we know. It's not optimal to lynch them D1, that's all I'm saying.

four votes for defending gkrieg/ using obv!town in an unoptimal way. That's rough :(

I still think chairs move is scummier than gkriegs confusion..   

No win is caused by luck. Not a single one. Losses on the other hand...

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 06, 2015, 12:43:03 pm »

Vote: e

did you ever explain this?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 06, 2015, 12:50:16 pm »

vote: XP.  1.  gkrieg is not a lurker, but that's why he is voting him  2.  the people going along with him are two of the sheepiest and Seprix, who I'm on the fence about, and who came off the XP wagon to vote with XP.  3. Wagon-shopping.  He's been jumping around his vote, despite saying you should stick with one person.  4. Bringing up roles.  I think role-fishing does happen.

ditto for point #2 here. scumpoints for non scummy things.

I was referring to this quote:

Again, after much deliberation about staying with my XP vote, I think it's much more important to lynch Gkreig than XP now I think, based off of overall scumminess. I can be persuaded otherwise however.

vote: gkraig13

It felt like a studied withdrawal from the XP wagon, like he was doing light bussing to obscure a partnership and then followed his lead re: who to vote for.  You could argue I should be voting Seprix then, and I may.  I haven't had a chunk of free time lately to reread him yet.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 06, 2015, 12:51:53 pm »

vote: XP.  1.  gkrieg is not a lurker, but that's why he is voting him  2.  the people going along with him are two of the sheepiest and Seprix, who I'm on the fence about, and who came off the XP wagon to vote with XP.  3. Wagon-shopping.  He's been jumping around his vote, despite saying you should stick with one person.  4. Bringing up roles.  I think role-fishing does happen.

ditto for point #2 here. scumpoints for non scummy things.

I was referring to this quote:

Again, after much deliberation about staying with my XP vote, I think it's much more important to lynch Gkreig than XP now I think, based off of overall scumminess. I can be persuaded otherwise however.

vote: gkraig13

It felt like a studied withdrawal from the XP wagon, like he was doing light bussing to obscure a partnership and then followed his lead re: who to vote for.  You could argue I should be voting Seprix then, and I may.  I haven't had a chunk of free time lately to reread him yet.

I'm down for voting for either. Again, I said before they are both bad. I'd lynch both of these characters D1 if I could. Super scummy, almost certainly one of them is scum.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 06, 2015, 01:10:46 pm »

Eh, I could vote XP for today, but Krieger still feels scummy to me.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 06, 2015, 01:11:27 pm »

I had a scum read on e before, as I said. Then he had these two posts:

I don't think advertising noobiness is a necessarily a scum trait.  I mean, this is his first game here.  And he said he has never played forum mafia. 

I can totally see someone coming out of the gate a little shaky and asking about stuff concerning their power.  Had he had N0 to talk to people....some of those questions might have been answered and he could have already posted his
So during the night were some people able to talk in QTs?  Is that the point of the zeroeth night?

Also knowing nothing of the flavor, I had to look stuff up to even know what the words in my role meant.

there in the scum qt.  I mean, it would be rather devious of him as scum to post this.  He is fairly confident in the "tradition" of not lynching noobies.  I mean, it is a very interesting play.

PPE: what silver just posted

but yeah, I am not going obv!town on gkrieg.

which use quite a lot of words for saying basically nothing. That fits with his general play style here: Blending in, being reasonably active without actually contributing a lot to the discussion. I don't like it.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 06, 2015, 01:13:31 pm »

Why is gkrieg scummy again? Everyone talks about this as if it was a given, yet I have yet to read an explanation of how he is scummy.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 06, 2015, 01:17:13 pm »

Why is gkrieg scummy again? Everyone talks about this as if it was a given, yet I have yet to read an explanation of how he is scummy.

This is hilarious.

Gkrieg is scummy because he was discussing his PR roles in relation to others in incredibly scummy ways.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 06, 2015, 01:20:53 pm »

This is hilarious.

Gkrieg is scummy because he was discussing his PR roles in relation to others in incredibly scummy ways.

Yeah, it's nice that we nailed all 6 or so scum on Day 1.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 06, 2015, 01:27:42 pm »

This is hilarious.

How so? Why was it scummy? Was is the scum narrative?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: July 06, 2015, 01:27:54 pm »

*What

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: July 06, 2015, 01:33:48 pm »

I see. That wasn't meant to say that I was PR. But I'm also not VT. Or maybe I don't know what PR means because I don't have any actions day or night.

This was bad.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: July 06, 2015, 01:34:57 pm »

So during the night were some people able to talk in QTs?  Is that the point of the zeroeth night?

Also knowing nothing of the flavor, I had to look stuff up to even know what the words in my role meant.

When I asked Gkrieg about this post quotes here, he responded like this:

I see. That wasn't meant to say that I was PR. But I'm also not VT. Or maybe I don't know what PR means because I don't have any actions day or night.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: July 06, 2015, 01:35:19 pm »

This was bad.

Can you PLEASE stop making blanket statements and actually explain why you think this indicates that gkrieg is scum?

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: July 06, 2015, 01:36:02 pm »

This was bad.

Can you PLEASE stop making blanket statements and actually explain why you think this indicates that gkrieg is scum?

Read from the beginning of Page 14 down.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: July 06, 2015, 01:37:47 pm »

This was bad.

Read from the beginning of Page 14 down.

I did. I found no explanation from you, which is what I'm looking for.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: July 06, 2015, 01:41:25 pm »

I don't think advertising noobiness is a necessarily a scum trait.  I mean, this is his first game here.  And he said he has never played forum mafia. 

I can totally see someone coming out of the gate a little shaky and asking about stuff concerning their power.  Had he had N0 to talk to people....some of those questions might have been answered and he could have already posted his

there in the scum qt.  I mean, it would be rather devious of him as scum to post this.  He is fairly confident in the "tradition" of not lynching noobies.  I mean, it is a very interesting play.

which use quite a lot of words for saying basically nothing. That fits with his general play style here: Blending in, being reasonably active without actually contributing a lot to the discussion. I don't like it.

I am saying that I don't think gkrieg is scum

Also, I have been tunneling XP, so that is not necessarily "blending in without contributing a lot."  You could join in the discussion as to why XP is scummy, or do you not want to do that to your partner?
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: July 06, 2015, 01:42:46 pm »

ok, thanks

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: July 06, 2015, 01:44:55 pm »

Also, I have been tunneling XP, so that is not necessarily "blending in without contributing a lot."  You could join in the discussion as to why XP is scummy, or do you not want to do that to your partner?

It is weird to refer to your own play as tunnelling. Tunnel vision is a bad thing, because it's based on confirmation bias, and you claim you're doing it deliberately?

I already said I think Xerxes is town, I don't know what else you expect.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: July 06, 2015, 01:47:33 pm »

I still think hockey continues to be scummy. But this is scummy too:

Although I currently find gkreig scummy, I'm going to give him the good ol' D1 pass

I'm willing to give gkrieg a chance seeing as it's his first day, not just for policy, but because it'd be a shame to lynch confused!town, and we can always lynch new!scum tomorrow.

The other thing that I was trying to say was that my top scumreads(read: not strong) were voting for gkrieg, which would mean either:
-a very early bus (not very likely)
-gkrieg is an easy town target D1 (hope my words make sense with that, as it's important)(more likely)

culminating to a null read on gkrieg, I'll make a decision on whether I want to lynch him or not not today

- inconsistent
- disingenuous town read (call this one a gut reaction)
- empathizing that it's not just for policy... okay, this could be a town thing, but I generally think doing things for blatant policy is a towny thing to do for newer players and a scummy or neutral thing for experienced players
- overexplaining votes
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 79  All

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 21 queries.