Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 61  All

Author Topic: M63: Dwarf Fortress Mafia- Game Over, Town Wins!  (Read 143114 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
Re: M63: Dwarf Fortress Mafia- Day Four
« Reply #1350 on: July 03, 2015, 05:44:10 pm »

Volt is far too excited and, uh.. straightforward? here, especially with the back and forths yesterday.  Plus the big super bolded letters and emotional play.  Scum!Volt is more constructed and less excitable.  He also doesn't hold up the same way to cases against him. 

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: July 03, 2015, 06:50:19 pm »

Have you not played with scum Volt?

Man, here I am, trying to lynch my one defender. That's the way it goes sometimes I guess.  ;D

I believe you also!
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: July 03, 2015, 07:15:31 pm »

James Bond Mafia is an example of how terrible I am at scum.

you said that before... and I disagree. you only made a bad claim. Otherwise, your play was far from terrible.

There are three other normal games too.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: July 03, 2015, 07:16:29 pm »

Have you not played with scum Volt?

Man, here I am, trying to lynch my one defender. That's the way it goes sometimes I guess.  ;D

I believe you also!

And you're my backup lynch choice.  ???

Fun times this game. Fun times.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: July 04, 2015, 05:09:56 am »

Hydrad: Why do you think Volt is towny now when you wanted to lynch him yesterday?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: July 04, 2015, 05:22:24 am »

Volt is far too excited and, uh.. straightforward? here, especially with the back and forths yesterday.  Plus the big super bolded letters and emotional play.  Scum!Volt is more constructed and less excitable.  He also doesn't hold up the same way to cases against him.

I skimmed James Bond, D2 and D3. I don't see what you're seeing. And I'd rather analyze stuff that happen in this game than refer to some other game that happened almost a year ago.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: July 04, 2015, 06:02:12 am »

Hydrad: Why do you think Volt is towny now when you wanted to lynch him yesterday?

first off I agree with WW on the feeling that Volt feels towny in how hes actually playing. I believe I mentioned that kinda thing yesterday also but I didn't really know who else to vote for and was kinda going for volt since there was still 2 scum out there so a decent chance he was scum.

Now that eevee flipped scum the odds are a bit worse that hes scum so i'm more willing to trust my gut that his reactions are town volt.

I know thats probably a terrible argument but thats kinda what I'm thinking.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: July 04, 2015, 06:44:59 am »

first off I agree with WW on the feeling that Volt feels towny in how hes actually playing. I believe I mentioned that kinda thing yesterday also but I didn't really know who else to vote for and was kinda going for volt since there was still 2 scum out there so a decent chance he was scum.

Now that eevee flipped scum the odds are a bit worse that hes scum so i'm more willing to trust my gut that his reactions are town volt.

I know thats probably a terrible argument but thats kinda what I'm thinking.

Yeah, that makes pretty much zero sense.

The odds that they are scum have decreased for EVERYONE, not only Volt. So saying he is townier because of that... well, yes. We all are. That doesn't affect Voltaire's townieness relative to the other players though.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: July 04, 2015, 10:33:57 pm »

At this point, I'm tempted to just sheep faust here. He is an IC--and I do have faith in his reads I think.
It's kind of lazy of me, but I'm just not seeing how Volt isn't going to be suspected at this point. If we don't lynch him today (assuming we don't get the last scum), we'll probably just lynch him tomorrow.

For the record, if Volt flips town, I think we should look amongst the people who defended him for scum. The last scum needs to survive quite a while in order to win, and it'd probably look better for them to be off town wagons as much as possible. This is much easier for them if they aren't someone who is likely going to get lynched today too--so they can push an alternative lynch instead, and then push that lynch again tomorrow when Volt flips town.

Otherwise, I consider Volt a very capable player, and I've been burned before by people downplaying their ability to play scum see: Musical Mafia  :'(
He's also been away for a while, so his playstyle could be different.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: July 04, 2015, 10:49:24 pm »

I do agree that if you lynch me, look at the people who defended me.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: July 04, 2015, 10:49:48 pm »

Why does nobody like WW as a lynch?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: July 05, 2015, 05:10:58 am »

...why should we?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: July 05, 2015, 09:33:11 am »

...why should we?

I made the posts, you can read them.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: July 05, 2015, 09:39:13 am »

WW hangs back, almost completely asks only questions, I actually think this is exactly what we're looking for.

This is all I could find. No rereads, no analysis, no nothing, just an accusation that is completely worthless because it is describing WW's play regardless of alignment. Also, can you give any reason for why the Traitor would want to play like that?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: July 05, 2015, 09:40:14 am »

Hey Volt, how about a deal? We lynch you today, and if you flip scum, we promise to lynch WW and Hydrad for you.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: July 05, 2015, 09:40:45 am »

That should read: "If you flip town"

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: July 05, 2015, 11:07:04 am »

you said that before... and I disagree. you only made a bad claim. Otherwise, your play was far from terrible.
Volts basic defence does seem to be "I'm bad at scum, so if I was scum, I'd have made a mistake by now, so you'd know I'm scum. Therefore, I'm town"- although Volt has an MVP as scum, which suggests they aren't super-bad as scum.

Hey Volt, how about a deal? We lynch you today, and if you flip scum, we promise to lynch WW and Hydrad for you.
Hopefully if we do this, Volt will just flip scum.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: July 05, 2015, 11:31:59 am »

Tentative accept. The catch of course is that I'm not around to hold you to it and you're free to change your mind.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: July 05, 2015, 11:35:39 am »

Volts basic defence does seem to be "I'm bad at scum, so if I was scum, I'd have made a mistake by now, so you'd know I'm scum. Therefore, I'm town"- although Volt has an MVP as scum, which suggests they aren't super-bad as scum.

I get that this is not compelling to others. It's so strong to me I forget that it's not convincing to anyone else (also I covered the MVP thing etc etc etc but whatever).

If you want a "case" for why I'm town this game, I lynched both scum. I waffled back and forth about them because it's not a thing to be certain (again, if you think the best players figure out the scum D1, you'll just end up rewarding whoever randomly named the scum, which will happen D1 with enough people guessing). Now I know because there's a traitor this isn't as compelling as it would normally be, so then you move to the other cases on me. Which are...

1) was town D2, so probably shot (I maintain that this describes others much better than me)

and um yep, what else is there to defend against?

WW hangs back, almost completely asks only questions, I actually think this is exactly what we're looking for.

This is all I could find. No rereads, no analysis, no nothing, just an accusation that is completely worthless because it is describing WW's play regardless of alignment. Also, can you give any reason for why the Traitor would want to play like that?

You don't know who your partners are until you learn of Eevee D2/D3. You don't want to lynch your partners, but you don't know who they are. In other words, you know nothing. At all. So how do you deal with that? By doing nothing. At all.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: July 05, 2015, 12:37:56 pm »

1) was town D2, so probably shot (I maintain that this describes others much better than me)

and um yep, what else is there to defend against?

You don't know who your partners are until you learn of Eevee D2/D3. You don't want to lynch your partners, but you don't know who they are. In other words, you know nothing. At all. So how do you deal with that? By doing nothing. At all.

You are downplaying the case on you. The main case now is that you defended Eevee for as long as you could and then jumped the wagon when you thought it was inevitable that he or you would be lynched.

I have been Traitor before, and that is not at all how I played.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: July 05, 2015, 10:04:22 pm »

I wouldn't say I defended Eevee - I thought Eevee was a good candidate for the traitor! Which means I didn't want to lynch him yesterday because I thought it incredibly unlikely he was TA's partner and well, I was wrong! So that's the story.

Anyway I don't have anything left to say, we could lynch me but I'd rather we spend our three lynches on WW, Hydrad, SS (that order) than myself, WW, Hydrad (with no accountability that you'll listen to me).

The power is in your hands, everyone else.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: July 05, 2015, 10:51:37 pm »

Vote Count 4.2

Voltaire (2): silverspawn, faust
Witherweaver (1): Voltaire
Not voting (4): Hydrad, Ichimaru Gin, Witherweaver, Joseph2302

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch. Day Four ends at 10 am forum time, July 9.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: July 06, 2015, 08:22:43 am »

I wouldn't say I defended Eevee - I thought Eevee was a good candidate for the traitor! Which means I didn't want to lynch him yesterday because I thought it incredibly unlikely he was TA's partner and well, I was wrong! So that's the story.

And of course the issue is that if you're the Traitor yourself, saying Eevee is not TA's partner is equally good to saying Eevee is town, because you'll want to find TA's partner before lynching Eevee, which will never happen.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: July 06, 2015, 10:25:29 am »

I'm not saying you can't spin a scum narrative for me. You've shown you're quite determined at that task.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: July 06, 2015, 10:56:25 am »

Request prods on WW and silver

I'd like to hear more, really. Especially from WW, who has been far too quiet here even though he posted in other games. What do you think?
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 61  All

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 19 queries.