Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 42  All

Author Topic: M61: It's a Beautiful World (Mafia and Discord win)  (Read 93246 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: M61: It's a Beautiful World (Day 1)
« Reply #550 on: May 08, 2015, 04:50:13 pm »

Vote: EFHW not a huge fan of this lynch either, but it's better than Hydrad and looks like we don't have a choice.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: May 08, 2015, 04:50:36 pm »

vote: EFHW

...I really don't like this.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Ghacob

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gender
  • J. They/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: May 08, 2015, 04:51:40 pm »

Hydrad, care to share your reasons for the change? Especially after this?
Ya I can understand EFHW's point here. I could see myself easily making the same mistake.
Gender happened.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: May 08, 2015, 04:52:09 pm »

I'm here. If I vote EFHW, is that the hammer?
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: May 08, 2015, 04:52:37 pm »

Ya I can understand EFHW's point here. I could see myself easily making the same mistake.

mainly because we are 8 minutes from deadline and a lynch is better then no lynch.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: May 08, 2015, 04:53:11 pm »

I'm here. If I vote EFHW, is that the hammer?

I think so
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: May 08, 2015, 04:53:35 pm »

Vote Count 1.11

Hydrad (4): EFHW, Joseph2302, A Drowned Kernel, Ghacob
Awaclus (1): e
EFHW (6): ashersky, chairs, faust, Hydrad, Awaclus, Seprix
Pit (1): Ichimaru Gin
ashersky (1): Pit

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Day 1 ends at 8 May, 5 PM Forum Time.

That is in 10 minutes!

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: May 08, 2015, 04:53:45 pm »

mainly because we are 8 minutes from deadline and a lynch is better then no lynch.
I agree. Intent to hammer in about 2 mins.
PPE:2

Ghacob

• Young Witch
  • J. They/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: May 08, 2015, 04:55:05 pm »

Apparently there's no time for thinking now, just need to follow the wagon, unless Pit appears in the next few minutes
PPE: 3
Gender happened.

Ghacob

• Young Witch
  • J. They/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: May 08, 2015, 04:56:03 pm »

I agree. Intent to hammer in about 2 mins.

I'll let you have the honors I guess
Gender happened.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: May 08, 2015, 04:56:26 pm »

pit isn't coming it seems

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: May 08, 2015, 04:56:44 pm »

Vote: EFHW Lynch beats no lynch

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: May 08, 2015, 04:57:05 pm »

seriously guys? 

Well, for your reference later, Hydrad is my top scum read.  Wondering about e as well.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: May 08, 2015, 04:57:12 pm »

Thread Locked!

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: May 08, 2015, 04:59:54 pm »

Day 1 Final Vote Count

Hydrad (3): EFHW, A Drowned Kernel, Ghacob
Awaclus (1): e
EFHW (7): ashersky, chairs, faust, Hydrad, Awaclus, Seprix, Joseph2302
Pit (1): Ichimaru Gin
ashersky (1): Pit

With 13 alive, it took 7 to lynch.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: May 08, 2015, 06:09:59 pm »

“This isn't a game, Rainbow. It's serious.”

Silently, Fluttershy stared down at her hooves.

“But it is! It's a game of life and death and Discord is our moderator.”

“I just... why are you so lax about it?”

Not trying to feel anything in particular...

“I'm not. I'm just saying, it's not so different from some of the other stuff we've been through. The changeling attack. The Hydra, in your case.”

“I...”

Just trying to feel.

“We were in danger there too, right? We could have died, but we didn't. We always got past it. This is no different. All we gotta do is win the friggin' game."

“But... b-but...” The voice got more slurred, and harder to understand. “The last times S-Spike wasn't...”

Which was proving to be difficult.

“He's not dead, Twilight!

“You don't know that. All we have is Discord's word. The body is gone, where is our proof that he is still alive?”

It was as though all emotions were drained from her body, leaving nothing but a wide expanse of emptiness.

A pause. “Remember the first time we beat him? He gave us a chance, didn't he? I think Spike is alive because it's totally like Discord to put him at stake. And... look, we gotta fight either way. And once we won, everything will be fine. But we can't win if you give up now.”

A deep sigh. “I know... you're right, of course. Don't worry, I... I won't give up.”

Peeking up behind a curtain of pink hair, Fluttershy let her gaze drift around. Rarity was sitting by the circular table in the center of the room, her sobs clearly audible throughout the entire conversation. Pinkie was huddling up in a corner, her hair falling down straight on both sides of her head. And Applejack was lurking beside the staircase. Somewhat untypically, the farmpony had barely spoken a word since they were called here.

A knock made all of them turn towards the door.

“Who is it?” The tension in Twilight's voice was almost physically seizable.

“My name's Colgate. I've come to rent your books on physics a couple of weeks ago. And before that. We also talked about it once.”

“I remember. But the library is closed.”

A pause.

“Yes, the 'closed' sign isn't hard to spot. It consists of at least ten septillion solid atoms, and it's right in front of me. Can I come in now?”

Twilight and Rainbow exchanged a look.

“She's just one pony. What can she do?”

“Yeah, if it's her. But who knows what's really out there?”

“Well then... can't you just check it with your magic or something?”

“I... I...” Twilight groaned. “Of course I can. Duh. I'm glad you're keeping your nerve... unlike me.”

Her horn lit up, and a few moments later she nodded.

“Come in.”

The door opened, and a mare with a light blue coat and a two colored mane entered.

“What do you want?”

“I overheard the one with the rainbow mane talking to her friend, and I... I wanna help.”

“Are you sure you heard everything?”

“I think so.”

“Well... I won't decline you a chance to help, but you would put your life at stake. Why would you...”

“One moment!” Rainbow swooped down from where she had been hovering two feet above the ground and landed directly in front of the intruder. “What do you mean, 'the one with the rainbow mane?'”

“Rainbow...”

“Discord told us that one of the jerks we're dealing with is Chrysalis. Do I need to remind you what that means?”

“Rainbow...”

“She has a friggin' army of changelings under her command. They could walk around pretending to be whoever. And everypony in Ponyville knows my name.” Dash suddenly turned around, as if expecting the visitor to transform or run away any second.

I'm... sorry?” Colgate gulped. “I don't go out that much.”

“Rainbow!”

What?

“If she was one of her minions, don't you think Chrysalis would have told her our names? If anything, the fact that she doesn't know your name proves that she isn't one.”

“Uhm... …” Rainbow blushed. “Yeah, I guess that makes sense.” She turned towards the newcomer, but before she could apologize, they were interrupted by a second knock, quieter than the first one but undoubtedly coming from somepony outside.

“Did you bring somepony else?” Rainbow snapped at Colgate.

“Uhm... no?”

A hoof wrapped around Fluttershy's muzzle from behind. She tried to scream, but she couldn't make a sound. In the peripheral of her vision, she could see that Applejack's figure had disappeared from the staircase.

“Who is it?”

“Twilight!” In panic, Rarity gestured towards Fluttershy's strangled figure.

Twilight turned around. Fluttershy could see the horror spreading on her face as she realized the reality of their situation. Her horn lit, and then Fluttershy could feel the pressure around her face disappear. Beside her, purple ropes of solid magic chained the creature to the floor.

The door burst open. Five or six changelings ran in at once. It was Colgate who reacted first, freezing one of them in an icy blue stream of waves erupting from her horn. Only a split second later, another flash of blue hit right into the group. Fiercely, Rainbow Dash clenched onto the body of a second intruder, smashing him onto the library's wall with all of her strength, causing several books to fall from the shelves around her. Immediately turning around, she knocked a third changeling out with a single swipe of her hoof, only for the remaining two to grasp her from behind.

What happened next was too fast for Fluttershy to process before it was over. A bite, a scream, and Rainbow's body disappeared. Not a second later, both of the monsters were thrown off their balance in a single burst energy. The shade of Twilight's magic darkened as they were repeatedly smashed against the wall, until they too disappeared entirely.

Dead players were not allowed in this game. Not until the winner was determined.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 06:27:40 pm by silverspawn »

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: May 08, 2015, 06:12:35 pm »

EFHW has been lynched. She was Rainbow Dash, a Vanilla Townie.

Night 1 will last until May 10, 6 pm Forum Time. You may submit and change your night actions up until one hour before that point.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: M61: It's a Beautiful World (Night 1)
« Reply #567 on: May 10, 2015, 11:26:37 am »

Day 2 starts in 6 hours. Please get all Night Actions in until then.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: May 10, 2015, 06:34:53 pm »

“He was right, you know?” Twilight had her eyes squeezed shut, desperately trying to stop herself from crying. “I didn't treat him as a friend. I was just... annoyed by him, and tried to have as little contact as possible. I wish I could say that it was otherwise, but it's true. None of us treated him with any respect, except for you. Only you..."

Fluttershy bit her lip, but didn't answer.

“I failed, Fluttershy. I just...” A small sob escaped her lips. “My life was just too good to be true. It's a beautiful world. Equestria hasn't suffered from a war in a thousand years. I have wonderful parents, and even a big brother. I've been allowed to study magic from the princess herself. And then I even met you and made friends, the only thing which was missing from my life. I was given everything.” She stocked, and now she couldn't suppress the tears anymore. “And I threw it away! How could we... ever be so foolish. He is more powerful than all of us combined, and we didn't even take him seriously. How? We're smarter than this! The danger was right there in front of us, and we could have prevented it, but we didn't... I didn't...”

“Twilight.”

Drying her face with magic, Twilight forced herself to look up.

“There is no use dwelling on your mistakes now. Rainbow isn't here to tell you this anymore, so I have to do it. We need you. You're the only who is leading us. You need to pull yourself together. For Rainbow Dash.”

It was exactly what Twilight had expected to hear, but although she knew her friend was right, she didn't give an answer. Instead, she made a gesture towards the other side of the room, where Colgate was trying to calm down Rarity, and where Pinkie Pie was looking as if she would never stand up again.

“Why aren't you more afraid, Fluttershy? Why are you telling me this and not... dunno, anypony else?”

Fluttershy lowered her gaze down at her lap.” I think... I think I just have an easier time accepting that everything might end.”

For some reason, this answer provoked in Twilight the urge for defiance, more than anything said previously.

“Come.” Pressing her lips together, she hoisted herself up and shuffled towards the opposite end of the room. “Rarity, just because you are more afraid than others doesn't make you less good of a person. It just means you're more afraid.”

Colgate, who had been kneeing beside Rarity, raised her head at Twilight's words.

“That's what I...” But she stocked, and instead made a questioning gesture towards Pinkie.

Twilight shook her head. “I need to talk to you,” she said, pointing towards the staircase.

Colgate didn't protest. Throwing a final look at the still sobbing Rarity, she followed Twilight upstairs.

“We need to act,” Twilight said firmly. “We lost Rainbow Dash because we weren't prepared for things to happen this quickly. It could happen again. First things first, where did you put the changelings we captured? You dealt with them, didn't you?”

Colgate nodded. “I tied them up and pulled them into your cellar, where you have all of your lab equipment. Do you want to...”

“No. Leave them there.”

“But... If we're going out searching for them, we have to know...”

“We're not going to search for them.” At Colgate's questioning look, Twilight sighed. “We have no idea where our enemies are hiding. Do you want to look through Ponyville? The forest? No, we have to set up a trap. Whatever attacks us next, we have to be ready for it.”

“But that won't...”

“I know...“ Twilight tilted her head towards the stairs. “Rainbow has slammed one of these changelings right against the doorframe. The impact must have been heard across half of town. Other ponies live no more than thirty feet away. How come you think nopony has been alerted by all the noise?”

“You think Discord is going to help us if we survive long enough, just because he has isolated the library from the rest of town?”

“I think he wants us to play along. It's his game, he'll want us to give our best. We didn't prepare for the last attack, and we lost one player. If we react better next time, I think he's going to reward us. He needs to give us a chance for the game to be interesting, right? We wouldn't have a chance by blindly going outside searching.”

“Sure, but...” Colgate hesitated. “We have four of her minions as prisoners who probably know where we have to go. Are you sure that you aren't just afraid...”

“That's...” Twilight gulped. “That's not it.” With quivering lips, she sat down at the spot, not having the strength to stand anymore. “Yes, the idea of forcing information out of prisoners is harrowing to me, but if I thought it was necessary, I would do it. No, I... I don't think Discord wants us to torture them. He's unemphatic, illogical, and doesn't value pony life, but he's not sadistic. If we were just dealing with Chrysalis, it would be different, but...” She took a deep breath. “Let's just prepare for the next attack.”

Colgate didn't look convinced, but she didn't object.

“Okay. You want me to set up a trap?”

Twilight nodded. “Rarity's magical abilities do go beyond simple levitation. And with Rainbow Dash, we lost our greatest fighter. You, on the other hoof, just used a time slowing spell on one of the changelings...”

“Only because it matches my talent,” Colgate said, pointing at her cutie mark. “I'm not nearly as strong in unrelated areas.”

“I know that. Just do whatever you can.”

“I will. Uhm...” Colgate stocked. “What about the orange one? She's been impersonated by a changeling, but the real one...”

“Rainbow went to get her,” Twilight answered quietly. “We can't ask her what went wrong. And I don't want anyone to go find her now...”

An hour later, over two dozen winged creatures were sneaking up to the tree house. Some of them may have passed by citizens, but for some reason, nopony seemed to take notice. When they came close to the entrance, one of them pulled a small, black article from under his wing, holding the item in his grasp for a few moments before throwing it right at the wooden frame of the door. Even as it dismantled in an explosion of wooden bits, not a single villager so much as turned his head.

Before the last junks of woods hit the ground, the changeling army rushed into the building at once. As soon as the majority of the group had passed the entrance, they were caught in a field of radiant blue energy, causing their movements to slow down collectively. Barely a second later, a composition of various heavy items fell down from a net above them, dissipating any possible coordination in an instant.

What followed were two minutes of unrelieved, uproarious chaos. It took Twilight no more than few seconds to deal with each intruder, and both Pinkie and Rarity were taking on several of the heavily handicapped creatures each. Even Fluttershy, the physically weakest pony of them all, had joined the fight. It didn't take long; even though they were outnumbered heavily, the changelings were fighting magic with nothing but sheer strength, and Twilight alone had taken out over three quarters of their group.

However, when the last changeling was knocked into the ground by an angry beam of purple energy, the group quickly noticed that one of them was missing. Pain cut into her skin like knives when Twilight realized which of them had been wounded heavily enough to be taken out of the game.

Once again, it had hit the one who least deserved it.

“Twilight?”

Looking disheveled almost beyond the point of recognition, the last pony Twilight had expected to see came rushing into the room.

“Cadence?”

“Thank Celestia, Twilight. I need to...”

But she didn't get further. A black pile beside her suddenly jerked upwards, hitting its fangs into the neck of Twilight's old foalsitter. By the time Twilight could react, it was already too late. The first drops of blood hit the ground, and then Cadence disappeared.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: May 10, 2015, 06:38:46 pm »

e has died in the night. He was Fluttershy, the Harmony-Aligned Weak Visitor.

A Drowned Kernel has died in the night. He was Cadence, the Harmony-Aligned Vanilla Townie.

Thread unlocked!

Note: Flavor is not indicative of the cause of death.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: May 10, 2015, 06:47:31 pm »

Vote Count 2.0

Not Voting (10): Joseph2302, Ghacob, Hydrad, Awaclus, ashersky, chairs, faust, Seprix, Ichimaru Gin, Pit

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Day 2 ends at 19 May, 4 PM Forum Time.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: M61: It's a Beautiful World (Day 2)
« Reply #571 on: May 10, 2015, 07:18:56 pm »

Interesting.

So, who did e target? Here's his last post so you can draw your own conclusions, but I think it was probably Joseph — a weak visitor probably wants to target someone who "could very well be town", and Joseph is the only one he specifically mentions so that could be breadcrumbing. Perhaps Seprix too, but if he thought Seprix was scum, targeting him seems a little strange to me.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Ghacob

• Young Witch
  • J. They/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: May 10, 2015, 07:28:13 pm »

(I'll do some analysis of all this in a bit, just want to get a few things out there)

People who have voted for e for any reason this game:
Hydrad
Seprix
chairs
Joseph
me
People who have voted for ADK for any reason this game:
e
ashersky
IG
chairs
Gender happened.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: May 10, 2015, 07:33:49 pm »

(I'll do some analysis of all this in a bit, just want to get a few things out there)

People who have voted for e for any reason this game:
Hydrad
Seprix
chairs
Joseph
me
People who have voted for ADK for any reason this game:
e
ashersky
IG
chairs
So 10 people in the game, and 8 of them have voted for exactly 1 of the dead people.
On reflection, Vote: pit seems good to me for now. The power indicates possible scum, and it seems risky for town to use that power now.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: May 10, 2015, 07:34:46 pm »

Interesting.

So, who did e target? Here's his last post so you can draw your own conclusions, but I think it was probably Joseph — a weak visitor probably wants to target someone who "could very well be town", and Joseph is the only one he specifically mentions so that could be breadcrumbing. Perhaps Seprix too, but if he thought Seprix was scum, targeting him seems a little strange to me.

I definitely think 2.7 would breadcrumb to ensure if he died we'd know why.  Awaclus is right that the Joseph line is the only breadcrumbish thing there.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 42  All

Page created in 6.551 seconds with 20 queries.