Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 42  All

Author Topic: M61: It's a Beautiful World (Mafia and Discord win)  (Read 92555 times)

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
Re: M61: It's a Beautiful World (Day 1)
« Reply #175 on: April 30, 2015, 11:36:50 am »

Can't get to my pc for at least ~5 more hours but this i realized something extremely important:
The Day1 Start text says Chrysalis is in the game.
Chrysalis is the antagonist of the season 2 finale and feeds on the love of others to gain power. -> If Ichi is Chrysalis and we enourage him we're doomed.

I missed that. If that's the case, Discord being a third party makes more sense.

But I dislike making arguments based on flavor, since that's basically trying to read the mod's mind. And I'm actually inclined to ubvote for now.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 30, 2015, 12:04:38 pm »

Another important thing:
My PR doesn't make sense if there is a third party besides Harmony and Chaos -> faust being a third party doesn't make sense.

Huh, can you expand? I mean, it's not like I can win on my own. Whatever happens, this game will still end with either Harmony or Chaos winning (or everyone dies, I guess). Does that migitate your confusion?

I think pit is town here.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 30, 2015, 12:14:53 pm »

If you go me and pit for the first two lynches, I don't think that is a good way to start the game.

xxpittip

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 30, 2015, 12:17:38 pm »

Another important thing:
My PR doesn't make sense if there is a third party besides Harmony and Chaos -> faust being a third party doesn't make sense.

Huh, can you expand? I mean, it's not like I can win on my own. Whatever happens, this game will still end with either Harmony or Chaos winning (or everyone dies, I guess). Does that migitate your confusion?

Nope. My PR has different effects depending on whether i hammer harmony or chaos and the exact wording (can't quote because rules...) implies that there is no other option.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 30, 2015, 12:22:48 pm »

Another important thing:

Nope. My PR has different effects depending on whether i hammer harmony or chaos and the exact wording (can't quote because rules...) implies that there is no other option.

Well, you're either lying, misinterpreting your PM, or there has been a mod mistake.

silver: Can you confirm that no mod mistake has been made?

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: April 30, 2015, 12:23:32 pm »

Another important thing:

If Ironmonger reveals curse, nothing happens. Ironmonger does not refer to Curses, so obviously they must not exist.

unvote

Thought I was on to something there.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 30, 2015, 12:31:47 pm »

Another important thing:

If Ironmonger reveals curse, nothing happens. Ironmonger does not refer to Curses, so obviously they must not exist.

unvote

Thought I was on to something there.

If Ironmonger reveals Curse then Chewbacca is a Wookie and you must acquit!

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 30, 2015, 12:34:24 pm »

silver: Can you confirm that no mod mistake has been made?

no player has been given any false information.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 30, 2015, 12:37:57 pm »

If Ironmonger reveals Curse then Chewbacca is a Wookie and you must acquit!

I was making a clever Dominion based analogy. I guess I can't drink 17 cups of coffee. Oh well.

Basically, what I was trying to say is that even though it it mentions two different groups, does not mean that there cannot be a third party.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

xxpittip

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 30, 2015, 12:51:11 pm »

Ok, if there is just missing information in my PM, that could mean that "no false information" and fausts claim are true...
In that case I really want to hammer faust just to see what happens...

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 30, 2015, 12:56:26 pm »

Ok, if there is just missing information in my PM, that could mean that "no false information" and fausts claim are true...

Well, that doesn't look good.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 30, 2015, 01:30:35 pm »

It would be easier to just ask silver what happens when you hammer a non-Harmony and non-Chaos-aligned player.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 30, 2015, 02:12:19 pm »

It would be easier to just ask silver what happens when you hammer a non-Harmony and non-Chaos-aligned player.
I'm guessing nothing. Assuming pit is town, the role is probably something like "A good thing happens if you hammer scum, A bad thing happens if you hammer town", and nothing if you hammer neither. And obviously reverse the good bad if pit is scum.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 30, 2015, 02:13:47 pm »

I assume silverspawn deliberately omitted the third faction (assuming it exists)  from pit's PM , since adding it would give away it's a 3-faction game.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 30, 2015, 05:15:24 pm »

I'm inclined to believe faust.  Starting Day 1 as scum with a 3rd party fake-claim just seems too out-there.  You risk losing the game for your partners.

faust having objectives to meet could mean that scum do too, so we should be cautious about encouraging etc.

@faust - why would town want to help you achieve your objectives?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 30, 2015, 05:17:07 pm »

.... I'm actually inclined to ubvote for now.

I'm not sure that counts.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 30, 2015, 05:19:57 pm »

Can't get to my pc for at least ~5 more hours but this i realized something extremely important:
Chrysalis is the antagonist of the season 2 finale and feeds on the love of others to gain power. -> If Ichi is Chrysalis and we enourage him we're doomed.

He says he's Rarity.  Does that make sense encouragement-wise?

xxpittip

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 30, 2015, 05:20:24 pm »

I'm guessing nothing. Assuming pit is town, the role is probably something like "A good thing happens if you hammer scum, A bad thing happens if you hammer town", and nothing if you hammer neither. And obviously reverse the good bad if pit is scum.
That's actually wrong. Something bad happens if i hammer scum (considering that it means that i hammered scum it's still good for us) and something good happens if i hammer town (that's why i wanted to hammer on day1 -> day1 has the highest chance to hit town with the hammer, but i'm no longer sure about that)

I asked him in my QT, i'll let you know if he answers.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 30, 2015, 05:24:17 pm »

The objectives version of 3rd party is a nice twist.

faust could still be a modified SK.  Objectives would make it less impossible.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 30, 2015, 05:26:00 pm »

That's actually wrong. Something bad happens if i hammer scum (considering that it means that i hammered scum it's still good for us) and something good happens if i hammer town (that's why i wanted to hammer on day1 -> day1 has the highest chance to hit town with the hammer, but i'm no longer sure about that)

So your power is actually negative-utility for town, though only slightly.

xxpittip

• View Profile
« Reply #195 on: April 30, 2015, 05:27:18 pm »

He says he's Rarity.  Does that make sense encouragement-wise?
I can't remember an episode that would make Rarity someone who needs encouragement more than other ponies, (It'd be nice if someone could confirm / deny this, since i'm not 100% sure), but could imagine silver being influenced by fanfictions etc.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 30, 2015, 05:29:54 pm »

Unvote
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

xxpittip

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 30, 2015, 05:30:53 pm »

So your power is actually negative-utility for town, though only slightly.
It's more like the team of the hammered gets a consolation, since i won't hammer someone who wouldn't be hammered otherwise.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #198 on: April 30, 2015, 05:37:48 pm »

i won't hammer someone who wouldn't be hammered otherwise.

Shouldn't you hammer someone at L-1 when you think they're scum and they've had the chance to claim, even if you're the only one willing to hammer them?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 30, 2015, 05:41:12 pm »

Ick. I misread my PM. It's support: Ichimaru Gin, not encourage. I'm at a loss as to how I misremembered that.  Also on mobile currently.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 42  All

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 20 queries.