Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 92  All

Author Topic: RMM23: Deus Ex Machina (Town Wins!)  (Read 192530 times)

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
Re: RMM23: Deus Ex Machina (D1!)
« Reply #1250 on: March 21, 2015, 01:07:27 am »

Vote Count 2.5

A Drowned Kernel (1): silverspawn
Witherweaver (2): A Drowned Kernel, faust
Ichimaru Gin (2): 2.71828....., Witherweaver
Joseph2302 (2): ashersky, Awaclus
2.71828..... (1): Ichimaru Gin

Not Voting (2): Joseph2302, chairs

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Day 2 ends Wednesday, March 25th at 3:30 PM.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
Re: RMM23: Deus Ex Machina (D2!)
« Reply #1251 on: March 21, 2015, 01:16:34 am »

I'm expecting that scum!e wanted some OMGUS post from me and that's why he called me out.

No, no, no.  I hate OMGUS.  It is silly.  I wanted a good case that I could respond to and demonstrably prove that I am town.  Which I don't get either.  Because you didn't create a case, you created a summary.  Which is really easy to do.  As scum

I don't know... a case is basically a subset of the all posts from a summary which you found scummy. I don't think that's much harder - IG already had posts which he thought made you look scummy, so all he had to do was take those out in a nice, packed post, and there you have your case.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: March 21, 2015, 01:17:33 am »

and f.ds is blocked
why is f.ds blocked at your workplace?  ???

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: March 21, 2015, 04:28:59 am »

As for the content - well firstly it would be nice to link the posts so that they're easy to verify. I'm not seeing it though. I don't think is looking particularly scummy. If anything, he's blending in. I also don't think his response is that scummy.

I could lynch him today, but only if better alternatives *cough* ADK *cough* aren't happening.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: March 21, 2015, 04:29:16 am »

don't think *e is

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: March 21, 2015, 01:16:56 pm »

So what's the case on e?

I'd like to do another of my plan things to confirm roles. We could have e targeting me (that's good because I stay alive, and most people seem to think I'm town). Then ash targets me, which means he really targets e, which means he'll get a "redirection" result. I can check e, and Joseph can poison e, then I can check both Joseph and ash. Everything's cool except e gets poisoned. But if e manages to redirect an attack to him the following night, he lives.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: March 21, 2015, 01:20:26 pm »

I think the only thing that looks bad about e is his treatment of Hydrad.  He tried to develop/support an alternate wagon (Silverspawn I think), and didn't say much except that he didn't like the wagon.  But I don't see the other points.  And Ichi didn't really make a case (aside from the Hydrad point), he just said a  bunch of things that e said.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: March 21, 2015, 01:25:21 pm »

I think the only thing that looks bad about e is his treatment of Hydrad.  He tried to develop/support an alternate wagon (Silverspawn I think), and didn't say much except that he didn't like the wagon.  But I don't see the other points.  And Ichi didn't really make a case (aside from the Hydrad point), he just said a  bunch of things that e said.
For one, I don't think e's treatment of the Hydrad wagon is a small point by any means. Secondly, this is pretty much what I expected from you considering you guys have been buddying each other all day. His response to my commentated summary is what made me vote him. He's tunneling me, talking out of both sides of his mouth, and man, please just read this post and tell me that doesn't scream scum to you.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: March 21, 2015, 01:42:22 pm »

... but he's right.  You didn't make a  case; you made a summary.  I'm missing what you see here.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: March 21, 2015, 01:45:42 pm »

... but he's right.  You didn't make a  case; you made a summary.  I'm missing what you see here.
ss already did a good job of pointing out the difference I think. Just because I included all of his posts instead of just the ones that are scummy...means pretty much nothing. You're being semantical here and I think you know it. Did you even read e's responses?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1260 on: March 21, 2015, 02:10:58 pm »

I'm not sure what's unclear.  Let me try this:  why is e scummy?

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: March 21, 2015, 02:35:29 pm »

I'm not sure what's unclear.  Let me try this:  why is e scummy?
1. He basically had one sentence to say about Hydrad. Period. That's scummy.

2. He's been lurking and hasn't gotten much suspicion until now. His overall play just doesn't feel like town!e to me.

3. He made a poor case on me and has tunneled me since then while simultaneously chastising me and telling me changing your mind is the towniest thing ever. And don't tell me that's OMGUS. Great cases have been made on me in the past, and I have acknowledged them as such. I've had enough of scum bullying me into feeling like scummy town, when I know they're in the wrong.

4. He's defended you heavily all day, yet has managed to give virtually nothing of substance except how "mysterious" your role is or something.

5. He thinks it's a good idea to let Joseph poison 2 people tonight?! Ash made a good post about how that's far and above more likely to screw us over--especially considering who Joseph claimed to have targeted N1.

6. He made this post.
No, no, no.  I hate OMGUS.  It is silly.  I wanted a good case that I could respond to and demonstrably prove that I am town.  Which I don't get either.  Because you didn't create a case, you created a summary.  Which is really easy to do.  As scum
There are so many things wrong with this post, I don't even know where to begin. I'll just continue the list.

7.  He says he hates OMGUS and wanted a "good case" and then says he doesn't get that "either". What is "either" referring to here? It is obviously scum!e dissapointed that I didn't make some terrible case on him that he could exploit to his benefit.

8. I call him out for his obviously dishonest use of "good case". What player of any alignment ever wants a good case on them? No one. And I ask him explicitly
How would me making a good case help you prove you are town? A good case would prove you are scum. (though of course, nothing can really be "proved" per se).
And he just dodges the question with another post about what he "actually" meant. A word that he seems to favor in responding to me. It is glaringly obvious that he wanted me to post something that would make me look bad and that he could exploit to continue tunneling me--which of course he does anyway with some bullshit about summaries being scummy. How would you define a case?

I agree with ss that a case is basically a subset of a summary with a person's scummiest posts--and some thoughts about those posts. A summary is actually harder since you have to say something about every single important post--it also gives a clearer picture and is more useful overall. I never used the word case; e's the one that used that word. I planned to do a reread all along. Frankly the whole case/summary (technically reread) thing is annoying and pointless. e's fixation on it is so strange it's comical.

I don't really expect WW to be convinced by this--because I think he's e's partner, but I expect it to be useful to others. And watch, now that I've made something akin to a case, e will just continue chanting how scummy I am.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: March 21, 2015, 02:47:41 pm »

A case is providing some kind of argument or narrative for why someone is scum. Yeah it can be "this , this, and this are scummy," but your original post against e made him seem fairly townie.

Hydrad point is valid.

Not gotten suspicion.. why does that matter?  Normally I believe the logic is scum is going to oiah lynches against town.  But via (1) you're painting him as Hydrad's partner, so who in the game would know he's scum?  Why wouldn't the "other team" be suspecting him?

And, is he my partner or Hydrad's partner?  It can't be both.

That quote you label as a paragon of scumminess looks perfectly fine to me.  Not townie, just not anything.   A normal response.  It looked like he was saying he had wanted you to make a case to which he could respond. and people would see that he's townie.  (Okay, there's a thing, scum wants reakkt badly to look townie, but they also try not to state it.). Instead you just said that he said things.

Him building a case against you was  townie; I'm not sure why you don't see that.  Unless you're trying to argue that he's scummy for playing protown.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: March 21, 2015, 02:50:07 pm »

Phone problems.  Should say "scum is going to push".  Point being, at most 1 other person knows e's alignment, and exactly 0 in the case he is Hydrad's partner or town.

Also, when your partner has a wagon on him, don't you want to get on the record of having some opinion?  Also, who else didn't e talk about day 1? 

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: March 21, 2015, 02:57:26 pm »

A case is providing some kind of argument or narrative for why someone is scum. Yeah it can be "this , this, and this are scummy," but your original post against e made him seem fairly townie.

Hydrad point is valid.

Not gotten suspicion.. why does that matter?  Normally I believe the logic is scum is going to oiah lynches against town.  But via (1) you're painting him as Hydrad's partner, so who in the game would know he's scum?  Why wouldn't the "other team" be suspecting him?

And, is he my partner or Hydrad's partner?  It can't be both.

That quote you label as a paragon of scumminess looks perfectly fine to me.  Not townie, just not anything.   A normal response.  It looked like he was saying he had wanted you to make a case to which he could respond. and people would see that he's townie.  (Okay, there's a thing, scum wants reakkt badly to look townie, but they also try not to state it.). Instead you just said that he said things.

Him building a case against you was  townie; I'm not sure why you don't see that.  Unless you're trying to argue that he's scummy for playing protown.
That's fair. I mean, it's mostly a reread so I kind of left things up for people to decide themselves.

Um. I don't really understand your second paragraph. Why would the other team suspect him if they thought he was Hydrad's partner?

I don't care whose partner he is and there's no way for me to know for sure. My read on him is by no means contingent on him being a particular person's partner.

That quote is obv!scum to me, but whatever.

Uh no. He's made a few such cases this game (notably one against you during D1) and I don't see why his cases are townie at all. His case on me objectively sucks, and not just because it's on me. Of course, people are entitled to their own opinion about that. Ironically, that's basically what his case on me says.

PPE: e did give an opinion "The Hydrad lynch sucks and I want no part in it". I'm not sure about if e ignored any other important wagons. I could go back and look. Hydrad's lynch is obviously of paramount importance though considering: there was a fair amount of time between the initial wagon and him getting hammered, he was the one who actually got lynched, he flipped scum.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: March 21, 2015, 03:03:20 pm »

Not getting suspicion is scummy because town is going to get suspected by other town and by scum wanting mislynch.  But in this game, scum teams don't know each other, so they will suspect each other as much as town, save their single partner.  So, why is it a thing here?

Or if it is, clearly I'm obvtown with all the suspicion I've been getting~

e said one thing about Hydrad Day 1.  I'm not convinced that's how he'd treat his partner.  He also said very little about other people, so it could be as coincidental as anything else.

But I mean, I'm not convinced on the last point.  Maybe he thought "hmm.. I've been ignoring my partner.. I better say something here.. let's just make it a gut read because gut reads are townie." or something.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: March 21, 2015, 03:14:50 pm »

Not getting suspicion is scummy because town is going to get suspected by other town and by scum wanting mislynch.  But in this game, scum teams don't know each other, so they will suspect each other as much as town, save their single partner.  So, why is it a thing here?
I strongly disagree with this. If I was scum in this setup, I would try to figure out who the other scumteam was and then avoid lynching them. And then try to push lynches on people that seemed more like scummy town.

Why would scum sincerely scumhunt and participate in lynching people that they really thought were members of the other team? That makes no sense to me.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: March 21, 2015, 03:22:21 pm »

I strongly disagree with this. If I was scum in this setup, I would try to figure out who the other scumteam was and then avoid lynching them. And then try to push lynches on people that seemed more like scummy town.

Why would scum sincerely scumhunt and participate in lynching people that they really thought were members of the other team? That makes no sense to me.
I agree, scum would surely want to lynch town, not lynch people they think might be other scum faction.
Currently rereading the e stuff, looks interesting. I think at the moment that e could be scum.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: March 21, 2015, 03:44:21 pm »

Not seeing a hugely good case on e.

So what's the case on e?

I'd like to do another of my plan things to confirm roles. We could have e targeting me (that's good because I stay alive, and most people seem to think I'm town). Then ash targets me, which means he really targets e, which means he'll get a "redirection" result. I can check e, and Joseph can poison e, then I can check both Joseph and ash. Everything's cool except e gets poisoned. But if e manages to redirect an attack to him the following night, he lives.
This plan seems alright to me, if e is town, he can try save himself later, so it's not the worst thing ever. The rest of the plan seems good.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: March 21, 2015, 03:46:19 pm »

So you think that e is scum and that the other team figured that out way early on and purposefully avoided putting suspicion on him...?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: March 21, 2015, 03:47:08 pm »

Yes, if they know, they don't want to lynch the other scum.  But the point is they don't know.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: March 21, 2015, 03:55:29 pm »

Yes, if they know, they don't want to lynch the other scum.  But the point is they don't know.
Uh. How do you know this? Yeah, odds are they can't know for sure aside from a result or something...but man, scum is obviously going to be thinking about who the other team is.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: March 21, 2015, 03:57:23 pm »

Uh. How do you know this? Yeah, odds are they can't know for sure aside from a result or something...but man, scum is obviously going to be thinking about who the other team is.

Uh, because that's the setup of the game?  Scum teams don't know each other. 

I'm not sure why you're holding on to this argument.. unless there is another reason that not getting suspected is scummy.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: March 21, 2015, 04:02:10 pm »

Oh. I get it now. So scum's just like "Wow. I think e's probably Hydrad's partner. I'm just gonna jump on his wagon and lynch him. It's not like losing a whole scumteam cripples us or anything".

No one is saying that scum knows anything for sure. What I am saying is that scum is going to be thinking about who the other team is and is not going to lynch them if they can help it. It's like games with a Mafia Traitor in them. Does the scumteam actively try to find out who the traitor is so they can lynch them? No. You arguing otherwise is really weird.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: March 21, 2015, 04:08:21 pm »

How would they know he's Hydrad's partner?  How would they have known it Day 1?

Also, what happened to e being my partner?
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 92  All

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 14 queries.