Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 92  All

Author Topic: RMM23: Deus Ex Machina (Town Wins!)  (Read 192545 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: RMM23: Deus Ex Machina (D2!)
« Reply #1175 on: March 19, 2015, 09:01:31 pm »

Also, why can we all agree that there's no scenario where you're Hydrad's partner?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: March 19, 2015, 09:02:44 pm »

Because I insisted he be lynched basically all of Day 1?  That kind of bussing is not reasonable, I think.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1177 on: March 19, 2015, 09:04:59 pm »

Because I insisted he be lynched basically all of Day 1?  That kind of bussing is not reasonable, I think.

Oh, that seems to be true enough.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: March 19, 2015, 09:06:19 pm »

Ok, that's fair.  Who do you think Hydrad's partner is, then? That would cripple scum, so it's probably the person we should be looking for right now anyway.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: March 19, 2015, 09:12:31 pm »

Ok, that's fair.  Who do you think Hydrad's partner is, then? That would cripple scum, so it's probably the person we should be looking for right now anyway.

My best bet is ADK.

Joseph, no, Ichi, maybe, Ash... possible.  Faust, well.. if anything makes him look scummy it's the Hydrad association, but I don't think so.

SS is possible. 

e.. uh.. not sure there, but I think he's town.  Chairs, Awaclus.. don't remember where they were on Hydrad yesterday.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: March 19, 2015, 09:13:54 pm »

ADK moved to Hydrad at a point yesterday where I'm not sure partner would.. but then there was a lot of moving away from Hydrad later on in the day.

I'll have to look back for quotes later.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: March 19, 2015, 11:14:15 pm »

Oh, I just thought of this: non-Hydrad scum team can be certain that I'm town, because I think we can all agree there's no scenario where I'm Hydrad's partner.  And Hydrad's partner obviously knows I'm town, so I'm a certain mislynch for scum.  Of note for wagon analysis.

Why does Hydrad's partner know that?

Oh, you're right, from his perspective I could be on the other team.  So, one team can be sure.

Scumslip!
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: March 19, 2015, 11:26:00 pm »

So what is the case on Witherweaver?  That he has been "anti-town" by not claiming right away?  My case against him from yesterday?

I see a lot of smoke, but don't see a ton of fire.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
Re: RMM23: Deus Ex Machina (D1!)
« Reply #1183 on: March 20, 2015, 12:54:44 am »

Vote Count 2.4

A Drowned Kernel (1): silverspawn
Witherweaver (4): A Drowned Kernel, Ichimaru Gin, faust, chairs
Ichimaru Gin (2): 2.7, Witherweaver
Joseph2302 (2): ashersky, Awaclus

Not Voting (1): Joseph2302

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Day 2 ends Wednesday, March 25th at 3:30 PM.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: March 20, 2015, 01:13:41 am »

unvote.  WW brought up an interesting point, and I'd really like to try to find Hydrad's partner today so we can cripple scum ASAP since it limits them to 1 NK every 2 Nights based on the setup information.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1185 on: March 20, 2015, 01:53:15 am »

unvote.  WW brought up an interesting point, and I'd really like to try to find Hydrad's partner today so we can cripple scum ASAP since it limits them to 1 NK every 2 Nights based on the setup information.
I made this point earlier along with my analysis about Hydrad's partner right out of the gate. I don't know that it's super good, but it's something. Mostly, people just seemed to ignore it and take issue with my obvious tongue in cheek preemptive "defense".

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: March 20, 2015, 01:39:03 pm »

So what is the case on Witherweaver?  That he has been "anti-town" by not claiming right away?  My case against him from yesterday?

I see a lot of smoke, but don't see a ton of fire.

He's been anti-town, and he's a way better lynch than Joseph. Plus PoE. Plus I think the players supporting the lynch are mostly towny. Plus he has an anti-town role. Plus I still think the "can reuse Hydrad's power" part suspect.

It's not a ton, but it's hard to get definite scumreads in a game like this. Unless something better shows up, I'm keeping my vote here.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: March 20, 2015, 01:40:34 pm »

This reads towny.It could be fake, but it adds to my general good feeling about chairs.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: March 20, 2015, 01:41:35 pm »

I can't reuse Hydrad's power.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: March 20, 2015, 01:47:18 pm »

This reads towny.It could be fake, but it adds to my general good feeling about chairs.

I can't help but feel a little affronted that when others bring up the virtues of finding Hydrad's partner, they're townie, but when I do it I'm scummy and posting for the sake of looking like I'm doing something.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: March 20, 2015, 01:57:20 pm »

I can't help but feel a little affronted that when others bring up the virtues of finding Hydrad's partner, they're townie, but when I do it I'm scummy and posting for the sake of looking like I'm doing something.

It's not so much about what you say, but about how you say it. Plus, I probably suffer from confirmation bias.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: March 20, 2015, 01:58:49 pm »

There's some stuff that went on between Silverspawn and ADK (and Ichi, somewhat) regarding the Hydrad lynch, around this point:

Well. We still have like 5 days--at the same time I think there's already been a ton that's happened today: the massclaim, ADK's and my fight, etc. So ending it now is fine.

Eh. His role doesn't look super strong...should I hammer?

uh, no? why would you want to hammer.

you seem to be nervous about this lynch though. which by the way is going a little bit too easily. Although I guess with two different scum pairings that's less of a tell than normal.

let's try something else. unvote

vote: ADK

So here Hydrad is at L-1.. Ichi asks if he should hammer, ADK says go for it, Ichi claims to feel manipulated by scum.  Then Silver does this.  I think at this point, ADK is on wagon.

This looks a little better for ADK and worse for Silver, Ichi as well.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: March 20, 2015, 01:59:37 pm »

Ichi supports ADK wagon after Silver's vote:

Well faust isn't happening right now. I'm going to vote: ADK as well. I thought your case on him was good--and I felt he was really scummy when we were fighting.

PPE: 1

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: March 20, 2015, 02:01:23 pm »

Have to step away, will continue to look for more quotes.  Silver is looking suspicious in the time around this point. 

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: March 20, 2015, 03:40:53 pm »

Oh man this game is really picking up.

can we get a Vote count?

I'm actually starting to like a IG vote but I want to see where everything is.

Does anyone else want to lynch e? It feels like he's gotten very little attention, and said relatively little, in all of this.
There's too many people I find scummy!
You are right here though. He's been pretty low activity and has anyone really voted for him?

PPE: I'm not wholly opposed to lynching Hydrad.

These immediately follow each other. 

Note that not too long ago Ichi was "asking for permission" to hammer Hydrad.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: March 20, 2015, 03:43:31 pm »

ADK brings this up:

And then died like a fish out of water. You know who's nervous about wagons going through too quickly? Scum who's trying to figure out who their partners are. So who let the Hydrad wagon die?... well, I guess that would be silverspawn.

So hey, vote: silverspawn

PPE: 1

This isn't exactly incorrect, but... Silver deflecting from Hydrad wagon implying Silver is scum only really makes sense if Hydrad is scum.. and Hydrad is a very viable lynch here (still at like L-2 I think).  So.. why start a wagon on Silver instead of supporting Hydrad?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: March 20, 2015, 03:57:00 pm »

Alright this is pretty close to the hammer:

well, looks like ADK isn't happening

vote: Hydrad L-1

I don't see how ADK is towny though

Silver was trying to push ADK before this.  If Silver was the partner, this would be him accepting that Hydrad (was at L-2) would be the lynch and trying to get town cred.. well, maybe.  The only other wagon that point was me at 3 votes.  So, this is actually believable. 

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: March 20, 2015, 06:42:06 pm »

Alright this is pretty close to the hammer:

well, looks like ADK isn't happening

vote: Hydrad L-1

I don't see how ADK is towny though

Silver was trying to push ADK before this.  If Silver was the partner, this would be him accepting that Hydrad (was at L-2) would be the lynch and trying to get town cred.. well, maybe.  The only other wagon that point was me at 3 votes.  So, this is actually believable.
I could see silverspawn doing this (there was a game where he bussed all his other scum team, and then won), however I'm not getting a scummy feel from silverspawn this game. Unlike every other game I've played with him.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: March 20, 2015, 06:44:29 pm »

But he wasn't scum in many of those games, right?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: March 20, 2015, 07:55:45 pm »

So about tonight. It's still a while till then, but it doesn't hurt to think about what's to do. And the main thing is finding liars. So, looking at claims:

Name - His role was called "Henchman" if I remember correctly. Well, that can stand for a lot of things. I'm not sure how it fits the redirection though. e, can you clarify? Anyway, the name doesn't implicate that it should do what it does.
Role - just how good a fakeclaim is it? Fakeclaiming protective roles is always good, people want to keep those alive. But e's claimed role is verifyable, that could be a problem. He readily agreed to my targeting plan earlier that would have outed him if lying. Overall, I think it's relatively unlikely, but not impossible, that this is fake.
Play - I don't know, I don't think I have seen scum!e in RMM games before. He's definitely capable of fake-claiming, I'd say.

A Drowned Kernel
His role is pretty much verified, unless ADK/Joseph are the second scum team (very unlikely)

ashersky
Name - Follower is pretty suggestive. I don't think his role could work very differently from what he claimed with this name.
Role - Well, not too hard to fake once we agreed to the massclaim. It's a decent role for scum to hide behind.
Play - ash is so capable of fake-claiming that.

Awaclus
Name - the name fits what he claims the role does pretty well, and I can't imagine much other stuff it could do.
Role - confirmed (by me)
Play - in general, I could see Awaclus faking, I have a feeling that he likes playing risky. I don't think he does here.

faust
I'll do me, too.
Name - well, there's really not much else the role could do, right?
Role - I kinda bursted out with my results at the start of the Day, and both Awaclus and ash confirmed.
Play - I do like a good fake claim, I gotta admit that.

Joseph2302
Name - quite suggestive, could work differently in details, but "poison" is quite fixed in mafia terminology.
Role - the issue is, we won't have confirmation until D4 earliest, and even that's not certain. We should check if he's telling the truth.
Play - he fakeclaimed before (though in non-RMM), so it's not out of the question.

silverspawn
Name - "Regulator", hmm. Other things could hide behind that role.
Role - it's not a very pro-town role, so not the best thing ever to claim. It's also verifiable. It tend towards thinking he's not lying about it.
Play - I feel like silver wouldn't fake claim unless he really sees the need to.

Witherweaver
Name - Governor is a mafiascum role that works like this. I don't see any faking potentila there. I guess it could give some benefit if the chosen person is lynched.
Role - the most anti-town role claimed. I don't see why anyone would make this up as a fakeclaim.
Play - WW could fakeclaim. Which makes me wonder, would scum!WW fakeclaim with this role? I'll forward this question to him.

chairs
Name - see above. Mailman is a thing.
Role - can very easily be confirmed.
Play - not sure chairs would plan a fakeclaim. He more of an instinctive player.

Ichimaru Gin
Name - Blackmailer sounds evil. I don't really get the flavor connection. I doubt he lies about the name, at least.
Role - what speaks for him is the "name 3 players" thing which is also part of silver's role, so it's very unlikely that he made it up. It's not out of the question that he'd name three players for something else though. Though if it's a fakeclaim, why include the negative utility?
Play - Just looking at his signature, I'd say Ichi is wary of fakeclaims.

So, that was a nice little exercise. For tonight, I most want Joseph and ash confirmed. Possibly e. I'm sure we can come up with something to do that.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 92  All

Page created in 2.073 seconds with 17 queries.