Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 92  All

Author Topic: RMM23: Deus Ex Machina (Town Wins!)  (Read 193513 times)

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
Re: RMM23: Deus Ex Machina (D2!)
« Reply #875 on: March 17, 2015, 04:25:52 pm »

because you just accused me of having a hard to verify role. that's why.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: March 17, 2015, 04:26:48 pm »

Causality isn't your strong suit, is it:

I could have made up a townier sounding name as scum though--or fake claimed something not easy to verify--so I'm not really seeing what your point is.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: March 17, 2015, 04:27:54 pm »

I'll probably keep checking the thread. but it's difficult to reply so much on my phone.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: March 17, 2015, 04:30:04 pm »

Causality isn't your strong suit, is it:

I could have made up a townier sounding name as scum though--or fake claimed something not easy to verify--so I'm not really seeing what your point is.
I'm on my phone--so excuse me if it's hard to reply and check the thread at the same time.

and right after that you asked me how my role is verifiable. Why don't you go back and see where I talked about my target being told stuff?

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: March 17, 2015, 04:32:42 pm »

Or wait.  you'd rather deny the truth and invent stuff instead of taking a moment to check if you're wrong--which you are.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: March 17, 2015, 04:35:02 pm »

FYI having to deal with all of this without having access to a computer is compounding my frustration. So forgive me. if I'm being more annoying and retaliatory than usual.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: March 17, 2015, 04:36:32 pm »

Why would that matter?  I don't recall it, but it would be a silly thing to lie about now.

You seem to be missing the point. 

e states that you specifically claimed "Town Blackmailer", to appear more townie.  Ash reiterates this point that you were trying to look more townie. 

Your response was not to deny it but say that (if I'm understanding), your scum motivation would be to make up a fake flavor name (obviously a bad idea given Faust's behavior Day 1), or fake claim a different role (one that couldn't be easily verified, apparently).  But how does that address the point?  You could still be a Blackmailer, exactly as you described it, but you're just scum.  The point is that you claimed "Town Blackmailer" as your role instead of "Blackmailer".

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: March 17, 2015, 04:38:47 pm »

Or wait.  you'd rather deny the truth and invent stuff instead of taking a moment to check if you're wrong--which you are.

Man.  What the fuck, seriously.

We're not arguing about whether or not your role is verifiable.  You said it was.  I said, "really"?  You said "Yeah, here's why."  I said "I don't remember that", because I don't.  There's no one in this argument but you.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: March 17, 2015, 04:38:57 pm »

Yes that's true. it's up to you how to interpret what that means. you seem to think it's scum! me trying to look super townie--and that's fine.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: March 17, 2015, 04:41:06 pm »

Man.  What the fuck, seriously.

We're not arguing about whether or not your role is verifiable.  You said it was.  I said, "really"?  You said "Yeah, here's why."  I said "I don't remember that", because I don't.  There's no one in this argument but you.
it's in the thread man. and iirc you said "I don't think so" at some point. why wouldn't you just look for it to verify I'm telling the truth instead of acting like because you don't remember it its existence is in doubt?

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: March 17, 2015, 04:42:31 pm »

you didn't say "I don't remember that"
you said "I don't think you said that"

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: March 17, 2015, 04:43:52 pm »

Because I didn't think that you said that!  Obviously I don't remember you saying it.  And you said you did say it, so fine, you did.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: RMM23: Deus Ex Machina (D1!)
« Reply #887 on: March 17, 2015, 04:44:35 pm »

And this is what I checked regarding your role:

kk.

I am the Town Blackmailer. And my power is kind of different. It basically revolves around me picking one person to target--and then naming several other people and if any of those people I name gets lynched, my target is protected from attacks for the following night.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: March 17, 2015, 04:46:02 pm »

ok that's fine. I extrapolated later on. it just seems weird you'd think I'd lie about something like that when you can tell if I'm lying or not by checking my posts.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: March 17, 2015, 04:47:32 pm »

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: March 17, 2015, 04:49:07 pm »

Also, forgot to mention. My role can be completely confirmed by whomever I choose as my protection target. They won't be given my name, but they will be told how my ability works.

Because this is all so interesting, I did some fact checking and Ichi did in fact claim what he says.

Although it was very hard to find amid the mounds and mounds of OMGUS nonsense that went on D1
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: March 17, 2015, 04:50:36 pm »

cause man if I didn't say anything earlier about my target being able to verify my role that would look pretty weird. like I just came up with a way my role is verifiable on the fly when you asked me about it--which seemed like what you were accusing me of.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: March 17, 2015, 04:51:36 pm »

Also, forgot to mention. My role can be completely confirmed by whomever I choose as my protection target. They won't be given my name, but they will be told how my ability works.

Because this is all so interesting, I did some fact checking and Ichi did in fact claim what he says.

Although it was very hard to find amid the mounds and mounds of OMGUS nonsense that went on D1
;D

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: March 17, 2015, 04:51:40 pm »

It's also pretty weird that you didn't mention the blatantly obvious scum utility of your role upon your initial claim...

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: March 17, 2015, 04:53:25 pm »

Wait, so is IG scum or town? I WANT TO KNOW WHETHER TO RABBLE RABBLE PITCHFORK

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: March 17, 2015, 04:56:02 pm »

class is starting. I'll be back in a couple hours. seriously why would scum me ever tell you that fact about my role?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: March 17, 2015, 04:56:32 pm »

Scum might have anti-town or obviously scum PR's and will have to make something up--which might incriminate them.

While I was going back and rereading Ichi I looked at this again.  I mean, this almost makes me think Ichi is Hydrad's partner.  (which we all know is impossible because of the preemptive defense post that Ichi gave us.) Knowing that Hydrad had a detective role (a TOWNIE role) this sets Hydrad up to be town if people had actually listened to what Ichi is saying here.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: March 17, 2015, 04:57:08 pm »

Wait, so is IG scum or town? I WANT TO KNOW WHETHER TO RABBLE RABBLE PITCHFORK

scum.  Vote Ichi.  Plus, RABBLE RABBLE PITCHFORK is fun. 

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: March 17, 2015, 05:00:15 pm »

I'm used to being mocked by now. I've made my reads known. if I die, hopefully town will pay attention to them.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: March 17, 2015, 05:00:30 pm »

I'm bothered by this:

Claim 1: I can Doctor people if certain other people get lynched, so hey I'm a Doctor
Claim 2: Oh by the way, if none of those people get lynched, then my target is effectively Attacked for that night.

The downside if your power is actually better than attacking as scum.  If you're scum and Attack, then you need the other (unknown) scum to Attack him.  But this way either team can Attack for a kill.  In particular, your team can, which is particularly high utility.

That's an aside; all our powers seem to have both town and scum utility. (I think this was balance issues.. i think they were constructed so that either scum or town could end up with them.)   The part of issue is the two-part claim that initially sells Ichi as a Doctor, which again fits e's narrative of Ichi overly trying to appear townie.

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 92  All

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 20 queries.