Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 54  All

Author Topic: M58 : Flavorless mafia - Town wins !  (Read 110022 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M58 : Flavorless mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #600 on: February 15, 2015, 11:29:52 am »

I think that the "people who are on-wagon are scummier" argument only really makes sense if you think that joseph is scum, because it means that scum jumped on an alternate wagon to avoid a joseph lynch. So, we should lynch joseph.

I agree with this except the last part.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: February 15, 2015, 11:36:42 am »

I disagree it makes no sense, as we went from killing me (claimed VT) to killing PR, which is worse.
I looked on-lynch first because the lynch was weird, as it came from nowhere, especially since I implied I was okay with my own D1 lynch, because I was VT.
I haven't found much there very scummy, so at some point I'll look off-wagon as well.

PPE: 1

You should note that we went from lynching you (claimed VT) to lynching Awaclus (claimed VT). There's really not a big difference. Noone (including scum) could know that Awaclus was lying.
True, but part of my confusion is why people switched from a claimed VT to a different claimed VT.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: February 15, 2015, 11:38:17 am »

Why is an 'easy lynch' so damned hard?
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: February 15, 2015, 11:42:24 am »

Why is an 'easy lynch' so damned hard?
Because there's still 6 days to make it. Also, sometimes the easy lynch can be too easy, and that's the case here.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: February 15, 2015, 11:43:32 am »

I mean, i think we should stop double guessing here. Joseph's play has been terrible. I was okay with a different day 1 lynch, which ended horribly. I don't think there is even another candidate here for Day 2.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: February 15, 2015, 12:07:13 pm »

what about chairs?

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: February 15, 2015, 12:21:49 pm »

I don't understand why chairs is gaining most of the heat by being on the wagon. That hammer didn't look scummy to me at all. All of us on the wagon knew that we were voting to get awaclus lynched. Plus it was near the end of the day so someone needed to die.

Looked like a normal hammer to me.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: February 15, 2015, 01:56:18 pm »

I disagree it makes no sense, as we went from killing me (claimed VT) to killing PR, which is worse.
I looked on-lynch first because the lynch was weird, as it came from nowhere, especially since I implied I was okay with my own D1 lynch, because I was VT.
I haven't found much there very scummy, so at some point I'll look off-wagon as well.

You should note that we went from lynching you (claimed VT) to lynching Awaclus (claimed VT). There's really not a big difference. Noone (including scum) could know that Awaclus was lying.
True, but part of my confusion is why people switched from a claimed VT to a different claimed VT.

You know, maybe because they thought one scummier than the other? Is that so hard to believe?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: February 15, 2015, 02:56:02 pm »

Well, that Awaclus wagon was weird. But I think he brought it on himself. Man, lying town is horrible.

I still don't believe in scum!Joseph. His last posts - "hey, lynching me isn't the worst thing ever" - don't read scummy to me. Now you can argue that Joseph is just being competent scum here, but I believe everyone on the Joseph wagon is arguing that he ISN'T competent scum, so there's that.

You were voting him before his lie, how can you justify his lynch that way when you were voting him beforehand?

I voted for him because his play annoyed me, and I didn't mind his lynch. It was not a super serious "I want to lynch Awaclus no matter what" vote. Had he claimed his real role, I (and many others) would certainly have switched/never voted for him in the first place.

Right, but it's not really a way to excuse the wagon, which is looks like you're doing. Saying that 'well, he lied, so that's less scummy to people on his wagon' isn't true, since no one in the game (scum or town) would have known he was lying).

Vote: Faust

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: February 15, 2015, 02:59:09 pm »

I was never really a fan of the Awaclus lynch (obviously). I agree with Seprix that Joseph is the obvious person to be lynched today. From those defending Joseph, I'm mostly hearing "he's too scummy to be scum", which is terrible. He's too scummy to be left alive is more like it.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: February 15, 2015, 03:22:50 pm »

Well, that Awaclus wagon was weird. But I think he brought it on himself. Man, lying town is horrible.

I still don't believe in scum!Joseph. His last posts - "hey, lynching me isn't the worst thing ever" - don't read scummy to me. Now you can argue that Joseph is just being competent scum here, but I believe everyone on the Joseph wagon is arguing that he ISN'T competent scum, so there's that.

You were voting him before his lie, how can you justify his lynch that way when you were voting him beforehand?

I voted for him because his play annoyed me, and I didn't mind his lynch. It was not a super serious "I want to lynch Awaclus no matter what" vote. Had he claimed his real role, I (and many others) would certainly have switched/never voted for him in the first place.

Right, but it's not really a way to excuse the wagon, which is looks like you're doing. Saying that 'well, he lied, so that's less scummy to people on his wagon' isn't true, since no one in the game (scum or town) would have known he was lying).

Vote: Faust

I don't quite understand. I think both Joseph or Awaclus are probably town, so on which of both wagons a player was is not really an alignment tell.

If Awaclus wouldn't have lied and claimed his real role, he wouldn't have been lynched. Arguably, if Awaclus hadn't claimed prematurely at all, he might not have been lynched.

I'm not "excusing the wagon", I'm not even sure what you mean by that.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: February 15, 2015, 06:34:00 pm »

Back from my weekend (which by the way was why I opted to hammer at the time I did).

Disappointed that Awaclus was a PR.

D2 play just continues to make me want to vote for joseph, but it's too early in the day to be sold on that.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: February 15, 2015, 10:10:14 pm »

Back from my weekend (which by the way was why I opted to hammer at the time I did).

D2 play just continues to make me want to vote for joseph, but it's too early in the day to be sold on that.

I reiterate, it's never too early for a lynch. We waited yesterday, and ended up switching to a town PR.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: February 15, 2015, 11:09:11 pm »

I reiterate, it's never too early for a lynch. We waited yesterday, and ended up switching to a town PR.
So this. I can't believe the last minute switch to Awaclus that happened yesterday. Joseph himself finds it hard to believe too! That being said, I don't want to insta-lynch him. This day shouldn't drag on to another last-minute lynch, but I also don't want it cut super short either.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: February 16, 2015, 06:32:02 am »

I guess I can accept that, Unvote: chairs.

Also, I'm V/LA with limited posting time.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: February 16, 2015, 06:34:21 am »

Vote Count 2.3

Joseph2302 (3): Ichimaru Gin, Seprix, A Drowned Kernel
faust (2): XerxesPraelor, Twistedarcher
chairs (1): silverspawn
silverspawn (1): Hydrad

Not Voting (4): Egork, faust, chairs, Joseph2302

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Day 2 ends at 01:00 p.m. on February 21, 2015
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 02:29:14 pm by Teproc »
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: February 16, 2015, 07:40:57 am »

I disagree, it's too early for a lynch if you've only considered one person, and haven't got a plan for when they flip town. I think a lynch now would always be too early IMO, this is independent of the fact you want to lynch me.
Vote: ADK, because I cannot see how a quicklynch of anyone is good here.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: February 16, 2015, 08:15:24 am »

Hmm no one likes my SS vote.

Also I will agree with ADK on this one. I don't think quickish lynches are completely terrible.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: February 16, 2015, 01:38:17 pm »

I think a quicklynch does do one big thing for us - gets joseph's lynch out of the way, for good or for ill, and lets us move on with the game.  ADK is right - D1's dragging directly led to the Awaclus lynch, because we all waffled on the joe lynch long enough for an argument to be made.  Here we still have the same "should we lynch joe" moment going on, and it's shaping the conversation, distracting from other things.

vote: joseph L-1

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: February 16, 2015, 01:44:11 pm »

Wait a bit, guys

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: February 16, 2015, 01:55:14 pm »

I think a quicklynch does do one big thing for us - gets joseph's lynch out of the way, for good or for ill, and lets us move on with the game.  ADK is right - D1's dragging directly led to the Awaclus lynch, because we all waffled on the joe lynch long enough for an argument to be made.  Here we still have the same "should we lynch joe" moment going on, and it's shaping the conversation, distracting from other things.

nah. vote: chairs

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: February 16, 2015, 02:24:27 pm »

Vote: chairs

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: February 16, 2015, 02:52:04 pm »

Omgus chairs, L -1 is so bad. I'm not scummy, I don't see why you think I am. Scum is so massively playing you all - getting a weird D1 mislynch, and then leaving me for the next mislynch target. Vote: chairs .

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: February 16, 2015, 02:55:00 pm »

I think chairs is towny.

Also Joseph even though I still think your town you tend to enjoy doing a lot of things that I feel scum would in that situation.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: February 16, 2015, 03:09:42 pm »

I agree with chairs assessment here. This is the way town thinks, not scum.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 54  All

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 14 queries.