Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 54  All

Author Topic: M58 : Flavorless mafia - Town wins !  (Read 110654 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M58 : Flavorless mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #425 on: February 11, 2015, 09:14:09 am »

silver I'm pretty sure is town, what's the case on XP again, faust?

I say we don't lynch Joseph today. If you disagree, read my signature.

Anyway, the case on Xerxes is he's been inconsistent and has tried to explain this inconsistency away instead of admitting to it. Not too much, but something.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: February 11, 2015, 09:15:09 am »

silver I'm pretty sure is town, what's the case on XP again, faust?

Why are you sure that silver is town?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: February 11, 2015, 09:16:24 am »

Day 1 ends at 12:00 a.m. on February 12, 2015. That's in about 15 hours.

And ugh. I wasn't aware that things look that grim.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
Re: M58 : Flavorless mafia (Night 0)
« Reply #428 on: February 11, 2015, 09:46:44 am »

Day 1 ends at 12:00 a.m. on February 12, 2015. That's in about 15 hours.

I thought that deadine was at 12 noon forum time, which would be 27 hours time?

Day 1 ends at 12:00 a.m. on February 12, 2015.
Just to check, that's 12 noon, not 12 midnight?

Correct.

Mod: Can you please confirm the deadline?
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: February 11, 2015, 09:47:31 am »

Also, 15 hours is pretty terrible, there doesn't appear to be any good wagons. I've never played in a game with no lynch, but I assume they're bad for town?

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: February 11, 2015, 09:52:15 am »

You're correct, I misspoke with the 15 hours thing, somehow counted a day as being 12 hours instead of 24... sorry about that. Deadline is approximately 26 hours from now.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #431 on: February 11, 2015, 09:53:12 am »

Because scum think they can get a better lynch than me, as I'm an obvious target. But they'll reluctantly lynch me to get a mislynch.

Okay then, why am I scummy for wanting to lynch you if scum wants to lynch someone else?
Because wanting to lynch me because I'm easy could be scummy or not. However, I think your general etiquette has been scummy, I'm not a fan of the short posting, and I can't see why you continually accuse XP and I of being scummy/scum team (e.g. reply #381). IMO, this makes you the scummiest person at the moment.

You are scummy because I believe there are no circumstances under which it is beneficial for town to call themselves scummy. You can be like "but would I do this as scum twice in a row? 8)" but as I see it, there's just no way you would do it as town at all.

XP is scummy because everything he posts sounds like something that scum would post in an attempt to look towny while getting a mislynch through.

Why aren't you a fan of the short posting? Short posts are much more convenient to read than long posts. I always spend a lot of effort to make my posts as short as possible, you can check my posting history if you want, they're mostly one-liners and that includes games where I was town, games where I was scum, and posts that have nothing to do with Mafia.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 11, 2015, 10:03:51 am »

Because scum think they can get a better lynch than me, as I'm an obvious target. But they'll reluctantly lynch me to get a mislynch.

Okay then, why am I scummy for wanting to lynch you if scum wants to lynch someone else?
Because wanting to lynch me because I'm easy could be scummy or not. However, I think your general etiquette has been scummy, I'm not a fan of the short posting, and I can't see why you continually accuse XP and I of being scummy/scum team (e.g. reply #381). IMO, this makes you the scummiest person at the moment.

You are scummy because I believe there are no circumstances under which it is beneficial for town to call themselves scummy. You can be like "but would I do this as scum twice in a row? 8)" but as I see it, there's just no way you would do it as town at all.

Which circumstances are there under which it is beneficial for scum to call themselves scummy?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #433 on: February 11, 2015, 10:10:29 am »

Which circumstances are there under which it is beneficial for scum to call themselves scummy?

It worked out pretty well in Futuramafia.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: February 11, 2015, 10:23:22 am »

Whee.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: February 11, 2015, 10:37:45 am »

For real though, let's lynch chairs.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: February 11, 2015, 10:40:17 am »

Hm.. why is Silver town again?

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: February 11, 2015, 10:46:12 am »

I don't think he is, I have a weak scum read on him.
But chairs hasn't been around much, and hasn't posted V/LA. Possible scum lurker? Although I might just be clutching at straws.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: February 11, 2015, 11:15:30 am »

I have a towny feeling on him. Not super strong, he's-an-IC town read. But I'd rather not lynch him today when there are much better options.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: February 11, 2015, 11:23:47 am »

yea, let us not lynch me. or faust, joseph, awaclus, seprix, or ADK.

let's see who's left

Hydrad
Ichimaru Gin
XerxesPraelor
Witherweaver
Twistedarcher
chairs

how about chairs or WW? vote: chairs

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: February 11, 2015, 11:36:05 am »

I could move to Awaclus.

I agree with WW here, but I'll stick with my original vote for now.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: February 11, 2015, 11:42:00 am »

Joseph really has been acting scummy, and there's a good chance he's scum. No one's really defending him, so there's either a bus going on, or maybe he really isn't scum. Then again, anyone defending him would be the next target if he did end up being scum. The more I think about it, the more I'm thinking lynching Joseph now is a mistake.

unvote

I still have a scum read on Chairs for his infrequent posting, and I could see Awaclus being scum, though should he really put that much effort into a lynch that's easy if he's scum? I dunno, I think Chairs might actually be the right move, but I'll think about it.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: February 11, 2015, 11:45:47 am »

Joseph really has been acting scummy, and there's a good chance he's scum. No one's really defending him, so there's either a bus going on, or maybe he really isn't scum. Then again, anyone defending him would be the next target if he did end up being scum. The more I think about it, the more I'm thinking lynching Joseph now is a mistake.

unvote

I still have a scum read on Chairs for his infrequent posting, and I could see Awaclus being scum, though should he really put that much effort into a lynch that's easy if he's scum? I dunno, I think Chairs might actually be the right move, but I'll think about it.

This is what i mean when i say that seprix is towny. Scum doesn't make a rambling post like that, where they start off saying "so-and-so is scummy, actually they're not, unvote."
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: February 11, 2015, 11:49:12 am »

unvote

This is what i mean when i say that seprix is towny. Scum doesn't make a rambling post like that, where they start off saying "so-and-so is scummy, actually they're not, unvote."

If he ends up being scum, I'm going to laugh at myself for double guessing my vote. :p

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #444 on: February 11, 2015, 11:50:13 am »

No one's really defending him

XP, faust, silverspawn and Hydrad have been more or less defending him.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: February 11, 2015, 12:00:13 pm »

So we have about 1 day til the deadline. Eh, I'm not too happy with my SS vote. I'll unvote for now.
I should be around for awhile--pretty sure I'll be asleep during the deadline though so I will put my vote somewhere useful before then.

I could do chairs except I don't get a particularly scummy feeling from him and lurking isn't really a scumtell for him. Awaclus is worth taking a look at.

PPE: Awaclus. I'm actually going to vote: Joseph. Seprix's defense of Joseph looks a little partnerish and kind of weird to me. I don't know why ADK thinks he's an IC.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: February 11, 2015, 12:02:49 pm »

I kind of agree with ADK here.  Seprix does not at all sound like a scum!Joseph partner, nor does he sound like scum acting towards town!Joseph.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: February 11, 2015, 12:07:10 pm »

I kind of agree with ADK here.  Seprix does not at all sound like a scum!Joseph partner, nor does he sound like scum acting towards town!Joseph.
Interesting. I'm not really seeing what you guys are I guess.

I still like my vote on Joseph though.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: February 11, 2015, 12:14:24 pm »

So we have about 1 day til the deadline. Eh, I'm not too happy with my SS vote. I'll unvote for now.
I should be around for awhile--pretty sure I'll be asleep during the deadline though so I will put my vote somewhere useful before then.

I could do chairs except I don't get a particularly scummy feeling from him and lurking isn't really a scumtell for him. Awaclus is worth taking a look at.

PPE: Awaclus. I'm actually going to vote: Joseph. Seprix's defense of Joseph looks a little partnerish and kind of weird to me. I don't know why ADK thinks he's an IC.

Don't get the wrong impression. I'm not defending the man. I just am having second thoughts about someone everyone wants to lynch, it just seems a little too obvious. I'm okay with a Day 1 Joseph lynch though, but I feel like we might be able to do better.
PPE: 1 (Hey, I used it! :D)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #449 on: February 11, 2015, 12:21:53 pm »

Don't get the wrong impression. I'm not defending the man. I just am having second thoughts about someone everyone wants to lynch, it just seems a little too obvious. I'm okay with a Day 1 Joseph lynch though, but I feel like we might be able to do better.
PPE: 1 (Hey, I used it! :D)

But it's not like everyone wants to lynch Joseph.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 54  All

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 20 queries.