Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 54  All

Author Topic: M58 : Flavorless mafia - Town wins !  (Read 110013 times)

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
Re: M58 : Flavorless mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #400 on: February 10, 2015, 05:38:26 pm »

My reason for voting Joseph is that he reacts to everything anyone says against him, period. He's done a multitude of OMGUS votes, from ADK to Awaclus. There's one guy voting for Joseph. Why is he so defensive still? Everyone just about dismissed lynching him for today, it seems.

ADK's reasons behind scum!chairs is something I'm also watching, because I think it holds some merit.

I haven't dismissed lynching him for today FYI.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #401 on: February 10, 2015, 05:41:54 pm »

Joseph lynch happening again? Great, let's do Joseph. vote: Joseph
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: February 10, 2015, 05:54:53 pm »

I'm not sure, wouldn't it be a really convenient thing for scum to support a joseph lynch here? very safe. it'll get someone else lynched and you won't even look suspicious.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: February 10, 2015, 05:58:14 pm »

Well, this looks bad for me.

My reason for voting Joseph is that he reacts to everything anyone says against him, period. He's done a multitude of OMGUS votes, from ADK to Awaclus. There's one guy voting for Joseph. Why is he so defensive still? Everyone just about dismissed lynching him for today, it seems.

ADK's reasons behind scum!chairs is something I'm also watching, because I think it holds some merit.
I'm defensive because the last 2 games I've been lynched D1 and D2, and it has felt throughout like I'm going to be D1 lynch again. With no real justification this time, as the main difference is that I'm not scum.

PPE: 1
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: February 10, 2015, 05:59:07 pm »

I'm defensive because the last 2 games I've been lynched D1 and D2, and it has felt throughout like I'm going to be D1 lynch again. With no real justification this time, as the main difference is that I'm not scum.

I'm going to ask now because it's been bugging me, but that the heck does PPE stand for?
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: February 10, 2015, 06:10:45 pm »

I'm going to ask now because it's been bugging me, but that the heck does PPE stand for?

if you want to submit a post and the forum says "X people have posted, you might want to revisit your post", you write PPE X. ppe = prepost edit

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: February 10, 2015, 06:17:12 pm »

if you want to submit a post and the forum says "X people have posted, you might want to revisit your post", you write PPE X. ppe = prepost edit

Okay, I get it.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #407 on: February 10, 2015, 06:22:12 pm »

I'm not sure, wouldn't it be a really convenient thing for scum to support a joseph lynch here? very safe. it'll get someone else lynched and you won't even look suspicious.

You don't know Joseph is town, and even if he is, I fail to see why being on any other D1 mislynch wagon would be more suspicious.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: February 11, 2015, 12:39:12 am »

So... How is everyone?

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: February 11, 2015, 04:35:11 am »

So... How is everyone?

I'm doing pretty good. And yourself?
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 11, 2015, 04:42:43 am »

On the topic of Joseph again I'm with SS. He feels like a easy mislynch that won't actually give much info on whos scummy or not on his wagon.

I still like IG more.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #411 on: February 11, 2015, 06:15:39 am »

Why would a town!IG lynch give us more information than a town!Joseph lynch?

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: February 11, 2015, 06:57:25 am »

Well for one thing I think IG has a higher chance of being scum.

The other thing is if lots of people are ok with a Joseph lynch and hes town its going to be hard to find out which ones are scum pushing it and stuff. If someone else gets lynched it will be more of a fight for them and I'm guessing stronger reads will happen.

Does that make sense? I tried writing it a bunch of different ways but I'm still not sure if my thought process is explained very well.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #413 on: February 11, 2015, 07:08:36 am »

The other thing is if lots of people are ok with a Joseph lynch and hes town its going to be hard to find out which ones are scum pushing it and stuff. If someone else gets lynched it will be more of a fight for them and I'm guessing stronger reads will happen.

Does that make sense? I tried writing it a bunch of different ways but I'm still not sure if my thought process is explained very well.

It doesn't really make sense. In order for someone to get lynched, regardless of who it is, the majority of people have to be ok with that lynch.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: February 11, 2015, 08:03:35 am »

It doesn't really make sense. In order for someone to get lynched, regardless of who it is, the majority of people have to be ok with that lynch.
Yes, but the problem is lots of people are okay with the lynch, but not super convinced. So this makes it easier for scum to join the lynch without being detected, as if they look reluctant to lynch then so do some town people as well.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #415 on: February 11, 2015, 08:17:57 am »

Yes, but the problem is lots of people are okay with the lynch, but not super convinced. So this makes it easier for scum to join the lynch without being detected, as if they look reluctant to lynch then so do some town people as well.

Why would scum look reluctant to lynch you? Oh, right, because you're scum so obviously they would be reluctant to lynch their partner.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: February 11, 2015, 08:20:42 am »

Why would scum look reluctant to lynch you? Oh, right, because you're scum so obviously they would be reluctant to lynch their partner.
Because scum think they can get a better lynch than me, as I'm an obvious target. But they'll reluctantly lynch me to get a mislynch.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #417 on: February 11, 2015, 08:29:21 am »

Because scum think they can get a better lynch than me, as I'm an obvious target. But they'll reluctantly lynch me to get a mislynch.

Okay then, why am I scummy for wanting to lynch you if scum wants to lynch someone else?

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: February 11, 2015, 08:39:19 am »

I don't feel good about what Awaclus does here. It feels... constructed.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: February 11, 2015, 08:41:07 am »

The timeline is most interesting here: As soon as Xerxes starting becoming a viable lynch, people put attention back on Joseph.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: February 11, 2015, 08:47:34 am »

Vote Count 1.11

silverspawn (3): XerxesPraelor, Witherweaver, Ichimaru Gin
Joseph2302 (3): chairs, Seprix, Awaclus
XerxesPraelor (2): faust, Twistedarcher
Ichimaru Gin (1):  Hydrad
Awaclus (1): Joseph2302
chairs (1): A Drowned Kernel

Not Voting (2): Egork, silverspawn

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Day 1 ends at 12:00 a.m. on February 12, 2015. That's in about 27 hours (fixed).
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 09:53:19 am by Teproc »
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: February 11, 2015, 08:53:20 am »

The timeline is most interesting here: As soon as Xerxes starting becoming a viable lynch, people put attention back on Joseph.

I guess the same could be said about silver.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 11, 2015, 08:59:41 am »

Okay then, why am I scummy for wanting to lynch you if scum wants to lynch someone else?
Because wanting to lynch me because I'm easy could be scummy or not. However, I think your general etiquette has been scummy, I'm not a fan of the short posting, and I can't see why you continually accuse XP and I of being scummy/scum team (e.g. reply #381). IMO, this makes you the scummiest person at the moment.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: February 11, 2015, 09:00:37 am »

I could move to Awaclus.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: February 11, 2015, 09:02:14 am »

silver I'm pretty sure is town, what's the case on XP again, faust?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 54  All

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 16 queries.