Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 54  All

Author Topic: M58 : Flavorless mafia - Town wins !  (Read 110015 times)

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
Re: M58 : Flavorless mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #375 on: February 10, 2015, 09:55:05 am »

Sorry, life has been busy at the moment. Am going to do a reread in a few minutes.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 10, 2015, 10:45:54 am »

So, my current thoughts:

1. Hydrad- not many posts, and not getting a read off these posts. Null read.
2. Egork- Innocent Child
3. Ichimaru Gin- seems convinced I'm scum, but the way in which he's arguing seems sensible (even though the conclusion is incorrect). Null read
4. A Drowned Kernel- seems pretty intent on lynching me, but apart from that his posts seem okay. Argument about quicklynch/slowlynch with WW seemed towny to me. Overall slight town read.
5. Joseph2302- me
6. XerxesPraelor- confused about his interactions with me (does he think I'm scum or not?) But agree with post #312, I think the evidence was weak, and wasn't worth lynching me on. Overall, null read.
7. Awaclus- short posts, threw random accusation at XP and I (reply#271). Slightly scummy feel.
8. Silverspawn- short posts, encouraged the continuation of my scum-claim. Slightly scummy feel.
9. faust- not so many posts, but recent interactions have a towny feel, so slight town read.
10. Witherweaver- his interactions seem quite towny to me, especially the argument about lynch timings with ADK
11. Seprix- town for me, with hindsight his actions around me and L1/hammering look more confused/newbie/mistaken town than scum.
12. Twistedarcher- was looking at options when everyone else was focused on me, I think that this is townie (I would think this even if the focus was on another player, not me)
13. chairs- almost no posts

Basically at this point, I wouldn't want to lynch Seprix, ADK, WW, TA, faust.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: February 10, 2015, 10:49:57 am »

So, my current thoughts:

2. Egork- Innocent Child
3. Ichimaru Gin- seems convinced I'm scum, but the way in which he's arguing seems sensible (even though the conclusion is incorrect). Null read
4. A Drowned Kernel- seems pretty intent on lynching me, but apart from that his posts seem okay. Argument about quicklynch/slowlynch with WW seemed towny to me. Overall slight town read.
5. Joseph2302- me
6. XerxesPraelor- confused about his interactions with me (does he think I'm scum or not?) But agree with post #312, I think the evidence was weak, and wasn't worth lynching me on. Overall, null read.
7. Awaclus- short posts, threw random accusation at XP and I (reply#271). Slightly scummy feel.
8. Silverspawn- short posts, encouraged the continuation of my scum-claim. Slightly scummy feel.
9. faust- not so many posts, but recent interactions have a towny feel, so slight town read.
10. Witherweaver- his interactions seem quite towny to me, especially the argument about lynch timings with ADK
11. Seprix- town for me, with hindsight his actions around me and L1/hammering look more confused/newbie/mistaken town than scum.
12. Twistedarcher- was looking at options when everyone else was focused on me, I think that this is townie (I would think this even if the focus was on another player, not me)

There's a general theme that those defending you/taking the focus off you are townie.  If you're town, this makes sense somewhat (because you know your lynch is a mislynch).  However, defending people is very easy to do as scum, and it provides a lot of apparently content.  It's one of the easiest ways to look like you're scumhunting.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: February 10, 2015, 10:53:17 am »

Hi.

I still like vote: joseph.

In fact, I've never quit liking it.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 10, 2015, 10:58:31 am »

So, my current thoughts:

2. Egork- Innocent Child
5. Joseph2302- me

There's a general theme that those defending you/taking the focus off you are townie.  If you're town, this makes sense somewhat (because you know your lynch is a mislynch).  However, defending people is very easy to do as scum, and it provides a lot of apparently content.  It's one of the easiest ways to look like you're scumhunting.
I know that could be a way to hide, but I doubt all the scum would hide this way, so ruling them out still leaves scum options. Any elimination process could also eliminate some scum from the lynch pool, and so I think my methodology isn't too bad.

And this list certainly isn't as simple as supporting me=town, opposing me=scum.
XP is a null read, despite clearly not wanting to lynch me.
ADK & Ichi are slightly down reads despite the fact they want to lynch me, as their arguments have been good/towny IMO, even if their conclusion is not so good.

PPE: 1

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: February 10, 2015, 11:01:39 am »

Hi.

I still like vote: joseph.

In fact, I've never quit liking it.
I understand the logic of "You did the same as last game, when you were scum", but I think that's not a strong argument. Anything more to add?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #381 on: February 10, 2015, 11:46:49 am »

Obviously. You wouldn't want to have a too strong town read on your scum partner, after all.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: February 10, 2015, 02:12:33 pm »

Obviously. You wouldn't want to have a too strong town read on your scum partner, after all.
In what way have XP and I been like scum partners?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #383 on: February 10, 2015, 02:33:51 pm »

Mostly you've both just been very scummy individually.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: February 10, 2015, 03:09:40 pm »

I'm beginning to doubt that scum!silver would be this cavalier. It's WIFOM--but generally speaking, SS is normally a very active player.

There's renewed interest in Joseph--good. That reads list is making me think he's scum again.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: February 10, 2015, 03:12:16 pm »

I disagree on my scumminess, and not particularly convinced XP is scum.

Joseph: How about committing your vote?
Seems like I'm ready to now. I'm getting more suspicious of Awaclus, as he's tunnelled on me, which is wrong. Vote: Awaclus for now. This isn't an OMGUS vote, but a vote based on my intuition that he's scummy.

PPE:1

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: February 10, 2015, 03:16:01 pm »

Eh. He's had his vote on you for a lot of the game. He's switched pretty much between you and XP only though.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: February 10, 2015, 03:29:45 pm »

I'm beginning to doubt that scum!silver would be this cavalier. It's WIFOM--but generally speaking, SS is normally a very active player.

There's renewed interest in Joseph--good. That reads list is making me think he's scum again.

On silver: I have to reread him here but in Futurama he basically lurked his way to victory after his partners got lynched. I think his low activity has to do with RL issues, though. I wouldn't read it as an alignment tell either way.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #388 on: February 10, 2015, 03:32:54 pm »

as he's tunnelled on me [...] This isn't an OMGUS vote

::)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: February 10, 2015, 03:39:44 pm »

On silver: I have to reread him here but in Futurama he basically lurked his way to victory after his partners got lynched. I think his low activity has to do with RL issues, though. I wouldn't read it as an alignment tell either way.

yeah

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: February 10, 2015, 03:41:07 pm »

Hrm. I suggest you look at silver's most recent scum game. He basically lurked his way to victory.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: February 10, 2015, 03:41:41 pm »

Hrm. I suggest you look at silver's most recent scum game. He basically lurked his way to victory.

Oops, should read what others post first  ::)

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: February 10, 2015, 03:42:19 pm »

I died so early on in Futurama, I kind of stopped following it. It sounds like he has IRL reasons here, but I should probably reaquaint myself with that game anyway.

PPE: 1

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: February 10, 2015, 03:46:06 pm »

I say we don't lynch Joseph today. If you disagree, read my signature.

Anyway, the case on Xerxes is he's been inconsistent and has tried to explain this inconsistency away instead of admitting to it. Not too much, but something.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
Re: M58 : Flavorless mafia (Night 0)
« Reply #394 on: February 10, 2015, 03:52:17 pm »

On a reread, my list from scummiest to towniest:

chairs>>joseph>>hydrad>awaclus>faust>SS=WW=XP>TA=Ichi=Seprix

chairs actually looks super super scummy. He makes a lot of short, contentless posts, does a lot of opportunistic wagon jumping, and my hackles are still up from how he RVS voted the IC and then ignored it completely when I made a serious vote on him for it.

vote: chairs
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: February 10, 2015, 03:53:12 pm »

Inconsistent and particularly noncomformant Xerxes is basically a town tell for him.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: February 10, 2015, 04:24:43 pm »

Vote Count 1.10

silverspawn (3): XerxesPraelor, Witherweaver, Ichimaru Gin
XerxesPraelor (3): faust, Twistedarcher, Awaclus
Joseph2302 (1): chairs
Ichimaru Gin (1):  Hydrad
Awaclus (1): Joseph2302
chairs (1): A Drowned Kernel

Not Voting (3): Seprix, Egork, silverspawn

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Day 1 ends at 12:00 a.m. on February 12, 2015.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: M58 : Flavorless mafia (Night 0)
« Reply #397 on: February 10, 2015, 05:09:09 pm »

joseph has four people voting for him, so you won't be hammering when you vote.
Getting a sense of deja vu from the last game I played. Next you'll be putting me on L-1 and trying to get me to claim my role already . This is a bad idea, so don't so it. Might already be voting you, but if not, Vote: ADK. Stop trying to get people to vote for me.

I disagree on my scumminess, and not particularly convinced XP is scum.

Joseph: How about committing your vote?
Seems like I'm ready to now. I'm getting more suspicious of Awaclus, as he's tunnelled on me, which is wrong. Vote: Awaclus for now. This isn't an OMGUS vote, but a vote based on my intuition that he's scummy.

PPE:1

vote:Joseph
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: February 10, 2015, 05:26:40 pm »

My reason for voting Joseph is that he reacts to everything anyone says against him, period. He's done a multitude of OMGUS votes, from ADK to Awaclus. There's one guy voting for Joseph. Why is he so defensive still? Everyone just about dismissed lynching him for today, it seems.

ADK's reasons behind scum!chairs is something I'm also watching, because I think it holds some merit.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: February 10, 2015, 05:27:41 pm »

My reason for voting Joseph is that he reacts to everything anyone says against him, period. He's done a multitude of OMGUS votes, from ADK to Awaclus. There's one guy voting for Joseph. Why is he so defensive still? Everyone just about dismissed lynching him for today, it seems.

ADK's reasons behind scum!chairs is something I'm also watching, because I think it holds some merit.

This reads townie to me from Seprix.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 54  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 16 queries.