Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 54  All

Author Topic: M58 : Flavorless mafia - Town wins !  (Read 110033 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M58 : Flavorless mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #300 on: February 07, 2015, 04:46:09 am »

I think Joseph is scummy but don't want to lynch him D1 to be fair, and think TA's case is bad but looks towny, and ss is scum. vote: silverspawn

Here's my gut scumteam guess for post-game accuracy checking:
SS/ADK/Hydrad

This doesn't make a lot of sense tome. Do you think Joseph is scum or don't you?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 07, 2015, 04:54:44 am »

Okay. I don't think I want to lynch Joseph today after reading everything. I like TA's play, but I don't think it's a town tell, more a TA tell. I feel like Seprix is likely town; I don't see such play from newbie!scum.

I feel scummiest on Xerxes, but I'll take a closer look at Ichi when I've got the time.

Vote: Xerxes
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #302 on: February 07, 2015, 05:34:06 am »

Ok, Joseph and XP are both scum.

Elaborate? i don't remember much from your reads other than blanker statements like this, Why do you think XP is scum?

He's been scummy.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 07, 2015, 07:06:44 am »

Ok Joseph's last post actually makes me think hes scummier now. It feels like hes just following what others say. He voted sephrix and now says hes towny that everyone else is. then he says SS is scummyish after i voted for him?

I dunno but hes moved from town to null now.
Seprix to me looks towny because although reply #207 looked pretty scummy, and attracted scum votes, the discussion afterwards has led me to strongly believe that his actions weren't intended as scummy, and hence his scumminess was actually a newbie mistake. Also, I was the first to unvote him (reply #247), so I'm not just following the crowd, as you suggest.

Ok, Joseph and XP are both scum.

I seriously doubt that.
I seriously doubt that too, primarily because I know that I'm town.

Well, I don't think there is a strong case on me, as I feel like my play so far hasn't been particularly scummy. My claiming scum thing was in RVS, and has basically been dropped (I've used it once in 36 hours, as a sarcastic response to silverspawn), and I believe could be a town or scum action. Also, I'm playing calm because in previous games I rushed to make posts, they turned out not completely saying what I wanted and ended up making me look scummier. So this game I'm not writing my posts with high emotions, which lead to mistakes/confusion that looks scummy, but being more careful with my posts. Also, I can remain calm since I'm confident that I'm not scum, unlike my scum games where my posts were slightly more on edge, since I knew that lots of the stuff I was writing was false.

I think Joseph is scummy but don't want to lynch him D1 to be fair, and think TA's case is bad but looks towny, and ss is scum. vote: silverspawn
Here's my gut scumteam guess for post-game accuracy checking:
SS/ADK/Hydrad
This doesn't make a lot of sense tome. Do you think Joseph is scum or don't you?
This confuses me also. Why do you think I'm scummy? And if I'm scummy, then why aren't I in the scummy list? Seems like a bit of switching or hedging your bets, neither of which is super-towny.

A note on my town reads: Seprix towny I explained above, and I think WW and ADK's discussion on gameplay/quicklynches/slowlynches was towny, since it seems like they're trying to optimise the time of the lynch for the town team (WW in particular). TA slightly towny is kind of a gut instinct, plus he thinks I'm town, which kind of fits better into my logic of seeing this game (I know this is weak evidence, but my read is weak anyway).

I also don't like the short, uninformative post style that silverspawn and now Awaclus also seems to be doing. In my opinion, information is good, so short posts like "Vote: X" and "because he's scummy" aren't very helpful to town. It might just be their metas, but I still don't like it much, and gives me a mild scummy feel to them.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #304 on: February 07, 2015, 07:42:50 am »

I also don't like the short, uninformative post style that silverspawn and now Awaclus also seems to be doing. In my opinion, information is good, so short posts like "Vote: X" and "because he's scummy" aren't very helpful to town. It might just be their metas, but I still don't like it much, and gives me a mild scummy feel to them.

It's not just my meta, it's specifically my town meta. FWIW, it's also incredibly hard to imitate as scum.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 07, 2015, 07:45:32 am »

It's not just my meta, it's specifically my town meta. FWIW, it's also incredibly hard to imitate as scum.

So good work?

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 07, 2015, 08:06:39 am »

Well, silverspawn continued to do it in the game he was scum (with a few useful posts, but lots of short posts), so it's not unthinkable that one of you is doing it as scum.
The main reason I think it's scummy is because it isn't helpful.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #307 on: February 07, 2015, 08:12:31 am »

Well, silverspawn continued to do it in the game he was scum (with a few useful posts, but lots of short posts), so it's not unthinkable that one of you is doing it as scum.
The main reason I think it's scummy is because it isn't helpful.

Why wouldn't it be helpful? Town learns that I think you and XP are scummy, scum doesn't learn why.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #308 on: February 07, 2015, 08:13:25 am »

I mean, obviously explaining yourself can be good too, I just personally don't like doing it a lot.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 07, 2015, 09:01:32 am »

I mean, obviously explaining yourself can be good too, I just personally don't like doing it a lot.
Fair enough, I tend to like explaining my actions, so I guess I intuitively see this as the better way to do things (even if it isn't).
Although it might be easier to be scum and not post a lot, rather than post lots with explanation, since the more you write, the higher the chance for a mistake/scumslip. This is my reasoning behind why it could be slightly scummy. Same applies to lurking- whilst town can do it with good intentions (i.e. they have lots of real life), scum can also do it to avoid attention.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 07, 2015, 10:07:49 am »

Oh a lot of posting today. Yay.

Hmm I still think I'm against Joseph lynch. As for who's scummy I'm going to reread a bit

you are scummy.

From your previous posts on meta, should i be assuming all your reads are basically meta gut reads? or is there reasoning from this game?

If I say "XX is scummy" it could either be a purely artificial claim just to see how that player reacts, or it could be a genuine read that I'm throwing out there, or it could even be something that I felt like posting for no particular reason, because I found that posting spontaneous things, even if they don't make sense, causes me not to get lynched if I'm town.

I'm not expecting anyone to follow, and I usually don't have strong reads this early. If I do want to persuade people, I'll make a real case.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 07, 2015, 10:12:58 am »

@explaining yourself debate: it's all situational. Generally, I like to create unusual situations or force emotional posts if possible. I don't really buy that you need to post content in order for people to form reads on you.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 07, 2015, 12:27:17 pm »

Do you not want to lynch joseph d1 because he's been lynched lately? or becaise of the case on him? why don't you want to lynch someone you find scummy?

Because he's been lynched lately and it would be really frustrating as town to get lynched from basically nothing substantial. Later in the game if he's scum there'll be more evidence, and so we can lynch somewhere else for now that has actual concrete reasoning behind it.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 07, 2015, 12:31:14 pm »

@explaining yourself debate: it's all situational. Generally, I like to create unusual situations or force emotional posts if possible. I don't really buy that you need to post content in order for people to form reads on you.

For me at least it's quite a bit easier to form reads when people post their thought process, which is why I generally post mine (that might be why I get lynched as scum so often)

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 07, 2015, 12:36:03 pm »

For me at least it's quite a bit easier to form reads when people post their thought process, which is why I generally post mine (that might be why I get lynched as scum so often)
I agree, this is also why I do it. Although I can see the reason behind the not posting much thing now.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: February 07, 2015, 12:42:42 pm »

So your thought process includes "I'm scum"? :)

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 07, 2015, 02:52:58 pm »

WW you still haven't answered my question. I don't understand what your reasoning behind voting me is.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 07, 2015, 03:00:38 pm »

So your thought process includes "I'm scum"? :)
Was this question posed to me, or someone else? Either way, I'm going to answer.
I have a null read on you, but am confused as to whether you think I'm scummy or not. Or is it that you think I'm scummy, but not scummy enough to be lynched?

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 07, 2015, 03:19:03 pm »

WW you still haven't answered my question. I don't understand what your reasoning behind voting me is.

Does anyone need a reason for anything?

DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 07, 2015, 03:26:18 pm »

If he doesn't want to answer me that's fine. But I don't think that's the case here.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 07, 2015, 05:20:22 pm »

Honestly I was just fishing for reactions, but nothing really came of it.  I was voting for Seprix before, but that was mainly disapproval of trying to force claims and I don't have a scum feeling from him now. 

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 07, 2015, 05:21:34 pm »

And when I posted it, I thought TA had voted for you, but he never did.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 07, 2015, 08:56:38 pm »

If joseph really isn't happening (it should happen) how about we try vote: hydrad
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 07, 2015, 09:45:24 pm »

If joseph really isn't happening (it should happen) how about we try vote: hydrad

Why?
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 08, 2015, 12:42:55 am »

Why?

He asks the important questions.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 54  All

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 16 queries.