Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 54  All

Author Topic: M58 : Flavorless mafia - Town wins !  (Read 110072 times)

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: M58 : Flavorless mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #275 on: February 06, 2015, 10:23:10 pm »

Ok, Joseph and XP are both scum.

Why?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 06, 2015, 10:39:23 pm »

Vote: Ichi because TA is a standup guy.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 06, 2015, 10:48:05 pm »

Huh?

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 06, 2015, 10:49:52 pm »

vote count?
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 07, 2015, 12:18:52 am »

Hey guys, when you throw out random scumteam predictions, can you provide some reasoning? Or should i just be ignoring those posts?

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 07, 2015, 12:20:04 am »

Hey guys, when you throw out random scumteam predictions, can you provide some reasoning? Or should i just be ignoring those posts?
I'd agree that calling scumteams at this point is worthless. So I'd say the latter.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 07, 2015, 12:20:16 am »

Also why the seprix townreads?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 07, 2015, 12:21:56 am »

I think Joseph is scummy but don't want to lynch him D1 to be fair, and think TA's case is bad but looks towny, and ss is scum. vote: silverspawn

Do you not want to lynch joseph d1 because he's been lynched lately? or becaise of the case on him? why don't you want to lynch someone you find scummy?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 07, 2015, 12:22:52 am »

Oh a lot of posting today. Yay.

Hmm I still think I'm against Joseph lynch. As for who's scummy I'm going to reread a bit

you are scummy.

From your previous posts on meta, should i be assuming all your reads are basically meta gut reads? or is there reasoning from this game?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 07, 2015, 12:23:40 am »

Hmm I'm going to move my vote to

Vote: SS but expect it to move soon. I just like it sitting on you more then on TA
[/quote

Because you think ss is scummy? if so, why?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: February 07, 2015, 12:24:11 am »

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 07, 2015, 12:24:42 am »

I don't really see that either. At the very least, I think his play so far has been nullish to slight scum.

PPEs: townread on TA. I still don't really get why people don't think Joseph is scum, but it seems we agree on almost everything else.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 07, 2015, 12:26:11 am »

Ok, Joseph and XP are both scum.

Elaborate? i don't remember much from your reads other than blanker statements like this, Why do you think XP is scum?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 07, 2015, 12:31:42 am »

Ichi, the reason i singled you out might be due to the fact that you posted more reason for voting joseph than others did. I'm not saying your reasoning on Joseph is 100% wrong or 100% misguided (I'm more null than town on him), just that your accusation seemed the most 'forced' to me compared to everyone else (but I also believed you explained your vote more than about anyone else, other than maybe ADK). To me, his actions read like either annoyed town or annoyed scum, and I couldn't tell which -- the fact that you attributed it to scum rather than town raised a flag for me.

Do you think that if Joseph was town, and getting this many votes, that he wouldn't react in a similar way? How do you think he would react? Why   does acting in this behavior benefit scum!Joseph, since I'm not seeing the benefit? Scum or town doesn't want to get mislynched, and is irritated by getting votes -- what in his behavior do you attribute to him being scum that you think he wouldn't do if he were town?

(I know you may have said some of this already, but if you don't mind restating that would be great!)

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 07, 2015, 12:32:37 am »

Also definitely seeing a pattern of Joseph voting/finding scummy the people against him, while giving town reads to the people supporting him.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 07, 2015, 12:34:01 am »

I don't really see that either. At the very least, I think his play so far has been nullish to slight scum.

PPEs: townread on TA. I still don't really get why people don't think Joseph is scum, but it seems we agree on almost everything else.

I agree -- asking Joseph to claim was definitely scummy. I don't know if the townread comes from his posts after that.

I'm most interested in ADK's response, who claims that Seprix is practically an IC to him.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 07, 2015, 12:35:37 am »

Ok, I see that ADK's already answered this. I agree with WW's interpretation, though.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 07, 2015, 12:42:51 am »

Well thanks! I'm assuming this means you agree that Ichi was scummy, but any reasoning you'd like to add?

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 07, 2015, 12:45:57 am »

Ichi, the reason i singled you out might be due to the fact that you posted more reason for voting joseph than others did. I'm not saying your reasoning on Joseph is 100% wrong or 100% misguided (I'm more null than town on him), just that your accusation seemed the most 'forced' to me compared to everyone else (but I also believed you explained your vote more than about anyone else, other than maybe ADK). To me, his actions read like either annoyed town or annoyed scum, and I couldn't tell which -- the fact that you attributed it to scum rather than town raised a flag for me.

Do you think that if Joseph was town, and getting this many votes, that he wouldn't react in a similar way? How do you think he would react? Why   does acting in this behavior benefit scum!Joseph, since I'm not seeing the benefit? Scum or town doesn't want to get mislynched, and is irritated by getting votes -- what in his behavior do you attribute to him being scum that you think he wouldn't do if he were town?

(I know you may have said some of this already, but if you don't mind restating that would be great!)
I got a bit excited because I really felt like we had caught scum this early. I'm slightly less sure now.
Answering your questions:
1. I think he would react differently as town. I would expect town to state reasons why they weren't scummy, or at the very least cut out the "ha ha I'm scum" jokes. Joseph didn't really defend himself.
2. It doesn't benefit scum!Joseph, but we've seen him do this before as scum. Scum doesn't always play optimally. The way he's reacted to the suspicion on him specifically: continued joking, OMGUS votes, saying he wants people to look elsewhere, that it's too soon to lynch him, refusing to claim, and pretty explicitly saying he's voting someone else to try and get interest in a lynch other than himself.
3. I don't think town!Joseph would defend himself this way. Yeah it's a somewhat vague statement, but it's pretty much his entire reaction and the things I listed for #2. OMGUS voting in particular along with the continued (albeit subtler) pretending to be scum just raises warning flags to me.

And yeah, I OMGUS vote a lot; it's probably one of the biggest parts of my meta. I still think the way he does it here looks bad.

Vote: ADK. Stop trying to get people to vote for me.

It could be a viable wagon if more people joined. Seriously, he's using as an argument against voting for him "remember that game where I got to L-1 super quickly and fakeclaimed and it screwed things up? You don't want that happening again, do you?"
I'm saying we should try to consider everyone, not just me. There seems to be a tendency on here to assume I'm scum- I guess I don't help this by claiming scum. But I think it's beneficial to look at other candidates too for scum.
Like. This doesn't seem townie at all. He's not even saying "I'm town, there's no case on me". His language seems artificially calm here.

Dah, I could be too entrenched in my reads; but honestly, the scumreads, vote, and opposition I'm getting makes me feel like my vote is in the right place.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 07, 2015, 01:35:30 am »

12 posts on one page award goes to TwistedArcher! Paragraphs, bro.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 07, 2015, 01:40:33 am »

I got a bit excited because I really felt like we had caught scum this early. I'm slightly less sure now.
Answering your questions:
1. I think he would react differently as town. I would expect town to state reasons why they weren't scummy, or at the very least cut out the "ha ha I'm scum" jokes. Joseph didn't really defend himself.
2. It doesn't benefit scum!Joseph, but we've seen him do this before as scum. Scum doesn't always play optimally. The way he's reacted to the suspicion on him specifically: continued joking, OMGUS votes, saying he wants people to look elsewhere, that it's too soon to lynch him, refusing to claim, and pretty explicitly saying he's voting someone else to try and get interest in a lynch other than himself.
3. I don't think town!Joseph would defend himself this way. Yeah it's a somewhat vague statement, but it's pretty much his entire reaction and the things I listed for #2. OMGUS voting in particular along with the continued (albeit subtler) pretending to be scum just raises warning flags to me.

And yeah, I OMGUS vote a lot; it's probably one of the biggest parts of my meta. I still think the way he does it here looks bad.

Vote: ADK. Stop trying to get people to vote for me.

It could be a viable wagon if more people joined. Seriously, he's using as an argument against voting for him "remember that game where I got to L-1 super quickly and fakeclaimed and it screwed things up? You don't want that happening again, do you?"
I'm saying we should try to consider everyone, not just me. There seems to be a tendency on here to assume I'm scum- I guess I don't help this by claiming scum. But I think it's beneficial to look at other candidates too for scum.
Like. This doesn't seem townie at all. He's not even saying "I'm town, there's no case on me". His language seems artificially calm here.

Dah, I could be too entrenched in my reads; but honestly, the scumreads, vote, and opposition I'm getting makes me feel like my vote is in the right place.

The only difference between Joseph's play now and then is he is not claiming here. I feel like this lynch is really really easy. Too easy. Could Joseph REALLY be scum again? My gut says no, but my mind says yes.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 07, 2015, 02:10:30 am »

His prior games have no influence on his chances of being scum this game. He has exactly the same odds of being scum this game as anyone else. That being said, I haven't followed the games where he was scum that closely--so should probably go back and look that them. It's late here. I'll be back in 9 hours or so.

Scumreads: WW, Joseph, Seprix, Hydrad

nullish: Awaclus, faust, chairs, XP

Town: EgorK, ADK, SS, TA

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 07, 2015, 04:22:56 am »

unvote

I do not think that "I had not read setup" slip was fabricated. Although it can be

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 07, 2015, 04:29:07 am »

Vote Count 1.6

Joseph2302 (3): Awaclus, Ichimaru Gin, A Drowned Kernel
Seprix (2): silverspawn, chairs
silverspawn (2): Hydrad, XerxesPraelor
Witherweaver (1): faust
Ichimaru Gin (1): Witherweaver

Not Voting (4): Seprix, Twistedarcher, Joseph2302, Egork

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Day 1 ends at 12:00 a.m. on February 12, 2015.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 07, 2015, 04:33:45 am »

so, faust. you can read joseph. is he scum?

Not sure I can read Joseph... I honestly thought he was town that last game when he was the Traitor.

Anyway, he's at least continuing to be anti-town. The longer this goes on, the harder I find it to see a town narrative.

Caveat: Not caught up yet.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 54  All

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 21 queries.