Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18  All

Author Topic: M57: Blarnia Mafia (Game Over, Mafia Wins!)  (Read 43168 times)

xxpittip

• View Profile
Re: M57: Blarnia Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #200 on: February 03, 2015, 04:38:41 pm »

That's L-1 and i'm too stupid to underline stuff

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 03, 2015, 04:54:20 pm »

Vote: Archetype
That's L-1 I think Archtype is the best lynch atm. He seems relatively scummy and if he turns out to be town we still get good information for day2.

vote : pit

Scummy vote. Weak overjustification along with the classic "more info!" excuse. If Arch is town, as I believe, scum is just awkwardly waiting for the lynch to go through, and this is a typical "let's lynch him, but don't go after me when he flips town" vote.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 03, 2015, 05:08:10 pm »

That's L-1 I think Archtype is the best lynch atm. He seems relatively scummy and if he turns out to be town we still get good information for day2.
What changed your mind to vote me?

CalignoBot

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 03, 2015, 05:30:57 pm »

Sorry, I'm around. I forgot to post here when I made my V/LA posts. I'll get something up when I can.

Also, hi e-guy.
oh

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 03, 2015, 05:47:55 pm »

I'm not a huge fan of ADK and Hydrad lynches today.

ADK is a terrible lynch, Hydrad not so much.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 03, 2015, 05:58:06 pm »

I'm not a huge fan of ADK and Hydrad lynches today.

ADK is a terrible lynch, Hydrad not so much.

I would say its more so the other way around.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

xxpittip

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 03, 2015, 06:27:27 pm »

What changed your mind to vote me?
I realized that CalignoBot was right about the game losing momentum. Putting someone at L-1 seemed to be a good way of generating more momentum.

Scummy vote. Weak overjustification along with the classic "more info!" excuse.
Why is it scummy to jutify my votes? It's not very helpful for town if i just vote someone while keeping my reasons to myself. 
And the information part is not an excuse for anything, but a valid reason. It's unrealistic to expect a scum lynch on every first day of a game (the chance is propably not much higher than the chance to kill scum with a random lynch) and information is the most useful thing for the rest of the game. If information wouldn't be as important as it is, mafia would be a game of pure luck.

this is a typical "let's lynch him, but don't go after me when he flips town" vote.
Quote from: Teproc
pit : yeah, what I mean is wanting towncred is completely null.
How is wanting towncred null, while not wanting to lose towncred is scummy?

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 03, 2015, 06:30:54 pm »

I don't get why this game so many people are getting suspected because they want to be towny. Don't both town and scum try to be towny or am I missing something.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 03, 2015, 07:56:54 pm »

I'm finding pit towny, or at least townier than I usually do. I don't really like a Hydrad lynch all that much, actually. He's usually an easy lynch. e's probably a little scummy for trying to start a wagon on him. And I've decided that Terpoc is towny for voting for me.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 04, 2015, 02:41:53 am »

Hey, I was busy with other stuff tonight, but deadline is still a couple days away so we have a bit of time.  I will be sure to post some stuff tomorrow and the night before the lynch on the 5th. 

(won't be around at deadline though.  I don't really think that anyone will.  I think we should probably settle on a lynch at least by this time on the 5th)
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: February 04, 2015, 06:21:57 am »

Vote Count 1.9

Teproc (1): Archetype
Archetype (4): Awaclus, A Drowned Kernel, CalignoBot, Pit {L-1}
Hydrad (1): 2.71828.....
A Drowned Kernel (1): Hydrad
Pit (1): Teproc

Not Voting (1): Jimmmmm

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch. Day 1 ends at 6. Feb, 6 AM Forum time

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 04, 2015, 06:36:40 am »

Scummy vote. Weak overjustification along with the classic "more info!" excuse.
Why is it scummy to jutify my votes? It's not very helpful for town if i just vote someone while keeping my reasons to myself. 
And the information part is not an excuse for anything, but a valid reason. It's unrealistic to expect a scum lynch on every first day of a game (the chance is propably not much higher than the chance to kill scum with a random lynch) and information is the most useful thing for the rest of the game. If information wouldn't be as important as it is, mafia would be a game of pure luck.

this is a typical "let's lynch him, but don't go after me when he flips town" vote.
Quote from: Teproc
pit : yeah, what I mean is wanting towncred is completely null.
How is wanting towncred null, while not wanting to lose towncred is scummy?

I guess you chose to ignore "weak" and "over-". Justifying your vote isn't scummy, but justifying it in a way that feels forces is.

Saying you want to lynch someone for information is a great position for scum to take, because later when people turn on you you can say "well I didn't really think he was scum, I was just getting some of that sweet information !". It's a way to avoid responsibility, which scum loves.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 04, 2015, 08:08:57 pm »

Hmm well I might be around at deadline... sometimes I stay up a bit to late.

But at this rate it looks like arche is just going to get lynched unless something happens in the next couple days. At this point though I would read arche as slight scummy though so I am ok with lynching him today. I'm still ok with ADK and would kinda prefer him but looks like I'm the only one that thinks hes kinda scummy.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 04, 2015, 09:34:39 pm »

I really don't like the Archetype lynch.  I think it is a disaster.  I mean, I don't think scum argues that Teproc is scum there.  It just doesn't add up to me.  It seems pretty far-fetched that this power belongs to scum.  And does scum make crazy far-fetched cases against people?  In my experience town is usually the one to do that.

I do like the idea of Teproc using his power on Archetype.  In case anyone gets trigger happy.  And we learn stuff about Teproc.  Like if he is lying about his power (which I doubt)
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 04, 2015, 09:37:04 pm »

Yeah I'll Vote: Teproc as the power itself does not seem to have much Town utility and the only reason to claim it seems to be so that he can say he has a power.

So... what would you have done ? Not claim and never use the power ?  Because using the power = claiming, since I have to type the orders in thread.
I would have treated it as a Governor and not claimed it until I wanted to use it. Claiming it now reads like an attempt to gain towncred.

Isn't it good for townies to gain towncred?
It's about as good (propably worse) than for scum to gain towncred.

while re-reading I came across this, which makes absolutely no sense to me.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 04, 2015, 09:44:48 pm »

vote: ADK

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 04, 2015, 10:00:37 pm »

Also, I think Jimmmmm is town.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 04, 2015, 10:12:25 pm »

Today's Lynchpool:

Awaclus - could very well be scum here.
A Drowned Kernel - Probably scum
Teproc - probably town
Hydrad - possibly scum
CalignoBot - Innocent Child - most likely town, plus I haven't played with CalignoBot before so don't really want to lynch today
Jimmmmm - town
Archetype - town
Pit - possibly scum, but haven't played with him before and hasn't done anything terrible to warrant a lynch
2.71828..... - town

I am willing to lynch anyone not crossed off this list.  Plenty of options available.  I think from a scummiest to scummier to scummy scale I have ADK>Hydrad>Awaclus. 

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 04, 2015, 10:55:15 pm »

These scum reads on me feel fabricated. What exactly is your justification, e and hydrad?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 04, 2015, 11:19:44 pm »

These scum reads on me feel fabricated. What exactly is your justification, e and hydrad?

They are fabricated because I find you scummy?

As far as Hydrad goes:

Very sympathetic and agreeing with Teproc.

Buddying Jimmmmm a bit.

He is wary of L-1

And hedgy

So just seems very bubbly and overly friendly.  Which now that I think about it is scummy?  I think I remember town!hydrad doing that.  Or was it scum!hydrad?  I don't recall the game(s)....I am probably too tired right now.

But thank you for questioning my reads.  I was hoping people would and we could actually have some discussion about it.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 05, 2015, 12:04:36 am »

I treat you with friendship and this is how you repay me? How dare you.

Anyways I am actually liking e more now. He seems pretty townie now although it's annoying Hes voting for me.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 05, 2015, 12:06:41 am »

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 05, 2015, 12:08:35 am »

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 05, 2015, 12:11:12 am »

Also as for adk I guess it's just kinda a gut read still. I don't really have a case but something feels weird about your posts.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 05, 2015, 12:18:43 am »

Actually I just thought of a better way to describe it. It's mainly because in futurama I had this feeling about Faust and didn't trust it enough to vig him. So now I'm going to try and follow it.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18  All

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 20 queries.