Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Prince of Watchtowers?  (Read 12611 times)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Re: Prince of Watchtowers?
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2015, 12:54:19 am »

He ran tournaments pre-league.  And was very appreciated for that, don't worry Kirian

I know, I was just being silly.  But the league really has supplanted the need for a large tournament, and I just haven't had the time lately to try to interrupt it.

I would totally play in Gokodom IV
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2015, 01:11:22 am »

He ran tournaments pre-league.  And was very appreciated for that, don't worry Kirian

I know, I was just being silly.  But the league really has supplanted the need for a large tournament, and I just haven't had the time lately to try to interrupt it.

I would totally play in Gokodom IV

Because I really want to actually make the playoffs.  Gokodom II I finished with 6 points (so long ago.  Signing up for gokodom II was actually my second post on f.ds).  Improved a bit for Gokodom III with 9 points (10 points plus winning tie-breaks made the playoffs).  I don't know, but I feel like I have always under-performed in Gokodom (probably not, good players just beat me).  Getting into division A in the league (if I manage it) would be great and all, but the real prize would be getting to the playoffs in gokodom and hoping for the best.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2015, 01:13:11 am »

But to get back on topic, watchtower is my favorite card, so princing it is cool.  (even though you lose all the special on-gain reveal stuff that makes watchtower so awesome)

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2015, 04:59:55 pm »
+2

So, did everyone jump on the watchtower bandwagon after me, or did I jump on the watchtower bandwagon? I don't really remember people raving about watchtower before I changed my avatar and started promoting it everywhere... so I'm just going to go ahead and tell myself that I started a trend. Yeah, that's definitely what happened.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2015, 05:12:25 pm »

So, did everyone jump on the watchtower bandwagon after me, or did I jump on the watchtower bandwagon? I don't really remember people raving about watchtower before I changed my avatar and started promoting it everywhere... so I'm just going to go ahead and tell myself that I started a trend. Yeah, that's definitely what happened.

I jumped on it after this game: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=10113.0
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2015, 05:18:35 pm »
+1

Watchtower can do anything, sometimes even without actively trying. Watchtower can draw. Watchtower can accelerate your deck. Watchtower can trash. Watchtower can pull all the combos. Watchtower can beat a bear in a fight. Watchtower can do your tax report in an afternoon.

Of course everybody loves watchtower.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7866
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2015, 05:19:36 pm »

Also, this should be called PrinceTower.

That is all.

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2015, 05:21:20 pm »
+2

Watchtower can do anything, sometimes even without actively trying. Watchtower can draw. Watchtower can accelerate your deck. Watchtower can trash. Watchtower can pull all the combos. Watchtower can beat a bear in a fight. Watchtower can do your tax report in an afternoon.

Right right right we all know that, but what's important is who loved it first...

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2015, 05:27:06 pm »
+2

Right right right we all know that, but what's important is who loved it first...

I've been stalking Watchtower creepily since High School. Beat that.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Throwaway_bicycling

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +140
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2015, 07:32:20 pm »
+1

Also, this should be called PrinceTower.

That is all.
Hmm...I just checked the key and crucial song lyric, and lo and behold:

All along the watchtower, princes kept the view
While all the women came and went, barefoot servants, too.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 1.87 seconds with 22 queries.