Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 41  All

Author Topic: M52: Death Note Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 142641 times)

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: M52: Death Note Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #750 on: November 09, 2014, 02:32:11 am »

Vote Count 3.2

Axxle2 (4): 2.71828, XerxesPraelor, silverspawn, sudgy
XerxesPraelor (1): Hydrad
sudgy (1): Teproc

Not Voting (3): Axxle2, EgorK, Witherweaver

Day 3 ends at 2pm FT on November 9th.

Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: November 09, 2014, 12:11:02 pm »

Day 3 Ends in approximately 2 hours.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: November 09, 2014, 12:11:40 pm »

Uhm, yeah... what happens if WW doesn't shoot ?
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: November 09, 2014, 12:13:09 pm »

WW would die and we would get a new gunbearer picked by mafia, right. Not so terrible, but still.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: November 09, 2014, 12:13:49 pm »

WW would die and we would get a new gunbearer picked by mafia, right. Not so terrible, but still.
Yes. That is correct.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: November 09, 2014, 12:25:19 pm »

Oh man, I had thought it was tomorrow. 

Alright.  90 minutes?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: November 09, 2014, 12:35:01 pm »

Well half the Axxle wagon is pretty suspect (XP + Sudgy), so that worries me a bit.  I would have liked Axxle and EgorK to have a vote on record.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: November 09, 2014, 12:37:12 pm »

Obviously I think you should shoot sudgy. Take a look at e's rereads, they were the ones to convince me to leave the Axxle wagon.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: November 09, 2014, 12:41:22 pm »

I don't feel great about Sudgy. 

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: November 09, 2014, 12:43:40 pm »

About shooting sudgy you mean ? Axxle's not a bad choice then, he's hard enough to read and Eevee is good enough at managing his interactions that he could certainly be scum.

Who else are you thinking of ? I just don't think you should shoot Hydrad or e.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: November 09, 2014, 12:44:38 pm »

XP's voting history is more classically scummy.  e summed it up earlier on Day 2:

Nice.  We are in a great position right now.

significant (people who seemed most likely to get shot) D1 wagons:

Eevee: silverspawn, e, XP, Teproc, WW, silverspawn, Teproc, silverspawn
Final votes (4): 2.71828....., Witherweaver, Teproc, Silverspawn

e: Teproc, WW, Axxle2, XP, XP, Hydrad, Eevee, WW (S-1), eevee (revote)
Final votes (1): Eevee

WW: Teproc, XP, XP, Teproc, WW (self-vote), ADK (response to WW's self-vote), Hydrad, XP
Final votes (2): Hydrad, XerxesPraelor

Never voting on these wagons: Sudgy, EgorK
Final votes off wagon (3): Sudgy, EgorK, Axxle2

Things to note: 
- XP voted on each of these wagons.  Several times for some of them.  He is also the only person that left the eevee wagon without returning to it.  I think this is actually somewhat scummy of him.  Basically, dancing around the popular wagons, but when the final vote came in he was not on the scummy one.  (that we know)
- WW voted on each of these wagons, including his own.  I am still not sure what to make of the WW self-vote.  Self-voting is anti-town, but it does not mean you are scum.  WW knows this.  He is also a good scum player.  He put me at S-1, and put eevee at S-2 (even though he thought it was S-1 at the time).  I am very wary of the jovial, joking WW, partly because I don't remember seeing it in previous games.  Even his vote on eevee was tinged with this humor: "When in doubt, sheep the people that want to lynch you." Yeah, I don't like it.  vote: WW
- silverspawn.  The only person of the three major targets that he voted for was eevee.  But he bounced around a bunch of other random votes in between.  But always came back to eevee.  He was clearly against voting for me, and put feelers out to see if anything would stick on Hydrad, EgorK, and Sudgy.  He also says almost nothing about WW except that "he's probably above readable for me, so I don't really know."  If WW turns out to be scum as well, I think silverspawn is good target, but until then I think that his voting record against eevee is good enough to give me a town vibe on him for today.
- What do we do with the lurkers?  Specifically sudgy and EgorK.  I really didn't like sudgy's "I haven't seen anything big enough to comment on" at the end of D1.  He has received a couple votes early on today, and I think we need to make sure that he has something to talk about, so I will join the vote: sudgy wagon.  EgorK did up his activity yesterday, I just hope it continues today.  He has never been one of the most active players, a lot of that probably having to do with time difference so I don't see anything particularly scummy about him, but I don't have any reason to believe he is town either.

He tried to deter away from the Eevee wagon at a pretty critical time.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: November 09, 2014, 12:51:10 pm »

Eh, I'm just going to go with my feeling because it's been on lately.  I'm sorry if I'm wrong.

Shoot: XP

Other thoughts:

*I'm tempted to think Silver is town because of the argument (scum does not want that pressure), but his move to Eevee was probably the most opportunistic of all Eevee votes, so if there was bussing that would be a good place to lynch
*Axxle2 could easily be scum.. nothing really makes me think he's town except that I don't really trust everyone voting for him
*Sudgy, well.. doesn't really sound like scum. I've never seen scum Sudgy, though, so hard to judge. 
*I still feel town about Teproc, e seems town now, and Hydrad maybe

Of course, if XP does end up turning scum then e looks a little worse, I think.  Almost makes me want to shoot Sudgy instead, but I don't want to keep going back and forth on this.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: November 09, 2014, 12:53:33 pm »

I like this shooting better than the Axxle one.

I'm not convinced e is town, but he's active enough that he's not realy someone we're going to want to shoot. The only player I actually have a town read on is Hydrad.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: November 09, 2014, 12:56:04 pm »

I don't even remember having moved to Eevee.

So you shot. well, good luck.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: November 09, 2014, 12:56:16 pm »

Over the course of a few weeks, Hitoshi Demegawa could feel a difference in his demeanor. With the power to kill anyone at a moment’s notice, he found his worship of Kira diminishing. Why should he follow Kira as his god when he himself possessed the same power? Yet, as time went onward he found that he thought of Kira as a threat more than anything else. If there was anyone capable of finding out his identity and killing him, certainly the mysterious—almost holy figure of Kira would be the one to do it.

Demegawa did not want to let go of the Death Note though. So he used his connections to try and find out more about Kira. Eventually, he learned of the special task force and managed to apprehend the files detailing who they suspected. To his surprise, he learned that one of their own members was still under suspicion. It did not take him long to uncover the evidence and identity of the man known as Light Yagami—son of the now deceased Police Chief. Now, in the safety of his office, Demegawa paged through the documents he had stolen, growing more and more certain that Lord Kira was one and the same with Light Yagami. He took out his pen.

Elsewhere, Yagami Light felt a premonition of kinds. He and Misa were watching television together in their apartment—part of his promise to spend more time with her. Ryuk lay sprawled on the couch to his left, eating yet another apple. Compulsively, Light pressed his watch to reveal the scrap of Death Note hidden in a compartment within. He had always planned to live a full life as the god of a new world free from evil. But, as an alternative to his original vision, he would be satisfied with someone else carrying on his work.

Now that Teru Mikami was dead, it was dangerous that Light had no enlightened successor should he perish. He looked over at Misa, her innocent face unaware of all that he had kept from her. From inside of himself, he felt a pang in his heart—a seizing in his chest that he had inflicted numerous times but never experienced. Quickly, he snatched the piece of Death Note from his watch and touched it to Misa’s bare arm. Before he died, Light could see the awareness of all that had happened return to her face. She remembered; she would continue his work.

XerxesPraelor has been shot! He was Light Yagami, a Mafia Goon!

Witherweaver is still the Notebearer.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 01:38:47 am by AndrewisFTTW »

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: November 09, 2014, 12:56:39 pm »

Sweet. Nice job WW.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: November 09, 2014, 12:56:53 pm »

Hey go me!

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: November 09, 2014, 01:01:09 pm »

I'm so incredibly excited and grateful that you are still the notebearer, it's crazy.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: November 09, 2014, 01:54:22 pm »

So XP started the Axxle wagon when it really wasn't necessary.. does that make Axxle look townier or scummier?  I'm not sure if XP is the type to bus.. possible he figured he would get shot today anyway (I've been straightforward about my suspicion towards XP since Day 2) so he wanted to try to save his partner.. or he was just trying to get a wagon going.  I'm not sure which is more likely.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: November 09, 2014, 02:51:19 pm »

Nice.  2 scum down, 2 to go.  I don't know what to think about XP starting the Axxle2 wagon, but based on my analysis of Eevee/Axxle2, now combined with XP starting the Axxle2 wagon?  I tend to think Axxle2 is town.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: November 09, 2014, 02:53:13 pm »

Nice.  2 scum down, 2 to go.  I don't know what to think about XP starting the Axxle2 wagon, but based on my analysis of Eevee/Axxle2, now combined with XP starting the Axxle2 wagon?  I tend to think Axxle2 is town.

That makes no sense what I just posted.  "I don't know what to think.....this is what I think"

I meant more of a "I agree that starting the Axxle2 wagon doesn't make Axxle2 scum or town, but..."
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: November 09, 2014, 03:37:53 pm »

Woo I knew it! Now I have to think who else is scummy
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: November 09, 2014, 06:08:10 pm »

I would like to shorten the days to 5-7 days long. Please PM me if you prefer the 10 day length. DO NOT RESPOND IN THIS THREAD. Thank you.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: November 09, 2014, 07:18:17 pm »

I think Axxle2 is more town out of this.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: November 10, 2014, 03:12:06 pm »

Good thing everyone is quiet again!
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 41  All

Page created in 2.157 seconds with 19 queries.