Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 62  All

Author Topic: M49: James Bond Mafia - Town wins!  (Read 185720 times)

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: M49: James Bond Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #1400 on: September 20, 2014, 05:34:17 pm »

Wrong smiley, sorry. Anyway, the problem with looking at Voltaire's responses at the very end is that since he knew he was likely going to be lynched, WIFOM comes a lot into play and it's harder to analyze.

PPE: Yeah, it's very possibly true - it just looks a little self-conscious/artificial.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: September 20, 2014, 05:36:08 pm »

Hydrad, silverspawn, KingZog3, Witherweaver, liopoil, XerxesPraelor

There must be no more than 2 Ts. MM is confirmed.

XP, Hydrad, and silverspawn must all be town because otherwise there would be more than 2 Ts.

So all we are dealing with is one mafia goon, and it is either WW or kingzog3. (or me)
I know you guys already figured this out, just coming to the same conclusion myself to make sure we're all on the same page.

This also slightly removes the towniness of the Godfather thing. Scum would be extremely unlikely to create 3 ICs on purpose, but if he didn't know that would be the result...

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: September 20, 2014, 05:39:47 pm »

You think I'm town because I read joth's flip and thought about what it meant? That's the wrong reason, man. I'm towny because I hammered joth when I could have let no lynch or an XP!lynch happen. I'm also towny because I am acting like town.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: September 20, 2014, 05:40:42 pm »

I'm still thinking KingZog is the last one - your interaction with joth looked very towny, I remember, so don't get all stressed out. I'd actually be okay with a quick zigzag lynch. The question is, what do our other two ICs think?

PPE: yeah, that too

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: September 20, 2014, 06:36:59 pm »

You think I'm town because I read joth's flip and thought about what it meant? That's the wrong reason, man. I'm towny because I hammered joth when I could have let no lynch or an XP!lynch happen. I'm also towny because I am acting like town.

this is a very good reason, and the godfather thing is an okay reason.

there is no way we lynch lio today. we might lynch him tomorrow - probably not, but we might - but not today.

so, it's KingZong or WW.

The thing with the eevee lynch is, it's so obviously bad that my first instinct is: this is WW trying to fake noob!scum!KingZong. I don't actually think KingZong would not get that Eevee is a bad lynch.,

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: September 20, 2014, 06:38:18 pm »

I'M feeling lazy right now... but there's no rush, I can do a reread in a couple of days.

Or XP, you could do a big reread and present a very detailed case. that would be nice.

Something I'm doing recently is making me look way scummier than I used to be. Both Silverspawn and liopoil really thought I was scum. Any suggestions?

yes - invest more time thinking about your doctor targets.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: September 20, 2014, 06:44:39 pm »

Vote: Kingzog

Lio ploy doesn't check out.  He kills Eevee to make it look like a mistake for Kingzog, we mislynch Kingzog, then he has to argue for my mislynch tomorrow?  Pretty much zero hope.  Better plan is to leave Eevee alive and try to get us to lynch Kingzog then Eevee.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: September 20, 2014, 06:45:25 pm »

Lio ploy doesn't check out.  He kills Eevee to make it look like a mistake for Kingzog, we mislynch Kingzog, then he has to argue for my mislynch tomorrow?  Pretty much zero hope.  Better plan is to leave Eevee alive and try to get us to lynch Kingzog then Eevee.

I don't think lio did it, I think you did. Lio is pretty much cleared for today anyway.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: September 20, 2014, 06:45:33 pm »

XP, you could also consider protecting IC's with doctor.....

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: September 20, 2014, 06:46:29 pm »

I don't think lio did it, I think you did. Lio is pretty much cleared for today anyway.

Yeah, 'cause I'm going to ride scumbuddy Joth and scumbuddy Voltaire 100% since Day 2?  Maybe me bussing Voltaire makes sense as a gambit after Joth flips and Volt's claim looks suspicious, but I had no reason to start back with Joth in the first place.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1410 on: September 20, 2014, 06:47:55 pm »

Though you have a point.. the gambit only makes sense from my end, not Lio's.  However, because of that it means it doesn't make sense from my end, because people would see that and go to me instead of Lio.  Though they can keep WIFOMing.  Ultimately I look much better, I think, so I can't see Lio doing it.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: September 20, 2014, 06:48:08 pm »

I don't remember your interactions that well. it was just my first instinct feeling. I'm not voting for you with that basis.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: September 20, 2014, 06:49:06 pm »

I'll reread, and then vote for someone. but not today.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: September 20, 2014, 06:50:18 pm »

Yeah, I'll have to reread ww as well. He feels really towny, but I don't want to lose by just floating around on purely gut reads.

I'll see if I can get in the reread soon, but not today.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: September 20, 2014, 06:51:41 pm »

I feel pretty good about it being kingzog actually. I'm ready to lynch him whenever the ICs are.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: September 20, 2014, 06:58:23 pm »

I don't remember your interactions that well. it was just my first instinct feeling. I'm not voting for you with that basis.

I basically had no suspects except Joth Day 2 (except for bad feelings against Hydrad).  I stayed with Joth after plenty of opportunities to move, and I would say I was somewhat instrumental in getting him lynched.

Volt's claimed immediately screamed scummy to me, which I immediately pointed out, and once you claimed 1-shot Doctor I was pretty much convinced Volt had to be the liar (due to the elimination-type discussions between you and I and how suspect his claim was).

You can reread to verify that, but that's at least my honest look back of me.

I will be pretty surprised if it isn't King Zog.  I'll go back and read as well, but the other explanation is not very good.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: September 21, 2014, 07:57:27 am »

something else - lio claimed James Bond and said he's a VT. If we knew from the setup that a VT with that name is in the game, it'd make him an IC now. without knowing it, we can still assume that James Bond is not mafia aligned, so lio is either town and claimed truthfully, or he is scum and made the flavor up, which is dangerous because if someone else had this flavor, he could counter claim now.

basically, it's not VT, it's a named townie. it's only slightly less powerful because the flavor is "closed". But we should still give him town points for it.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: September 21, 2014, 10:19:04 am »

something else - lio claimed James Bond and said he's a VT. If we knew from the setup that a VT with that name is in the game, it'd make him an IC now. without knowing it, we can still assume that James Bond is not mafia aligned, so lio is either town and claimed truthfully, or he is scum and made the flavor up, which is dangerous because if someone else had this flavor, he could counter claim now.

basically, it's not VT, it's a named townie. it's only slightly less powerful because the flavor is "closed". But we should still give him town points for it.
surely the bad guys were provided fake flavor claims.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: September 21, 2014, 10:20:16 am »

- Flavor will NOT be indicative of alignment.
nevermind, just this. James Bond could have been a bad guy.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: September 21, 2014, 10:25:15 am »

- Flavor will NOT be indicative of alignment.
nevermind, just this. James Bond could have been a bad guy.

oh. hm. okay.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: September 21, 2014, 03:16:42 pm »

well KingZong reread. the thing that sticks out most is that he is really careful about explaining his votes. Is this something scum does? is this new scum? I know I do it too.

The content of his posts is very low all the way. He doesn't jump on a lot of wagons, but he jumps on the really popular ones.

there was this

So, liopoil, why do you think XP is lying? If you do think XP is lying, why do you think he named such a weird protection target?
I think he's lying because only town doctors claim doctor. Too lazy to do the math, but on average I'd guess there are maybe slightly under 1 doctors. On average there are ~3 scums. Scum claims doctor. So even if there is a doctor, claimed doctors are more likely to be scum than town. But that's not all. He's also scummy. Why did he name a weird protection target? Well, he has 3 options: SK, sudgy, or not-mason. SS makes the most sense of the not-masons. Sudgy was much more active than SK on D1 and is also a vet, so scum would probably rather kill him. It would be pretty hard to justify protecting SK. Since his scumteam wanted to kill sudgy, protecting sudgy is also strange. Sure he can say he was roleblocked, but why not roleblock Hydrad? vigilantes are terrifying! And one that probably wants to semi-confirm themselves! That leaves saying he protected a not-mason. I don't see the deterrent for claiming that. It's so easy to say you forgot about masons, and really you probably won't get suspected for it. Heck, some of you are even giving him towncred! Well I'm not. I don't believe that he could forget about the masons as town. He was one of the first who brought up the connection between sudgy and SK! No, I think it more likely he is scum.

Really the claiming his target isn't even the scummiest part.

This is like, the most convincing post of this whole game.

The vigilante didn't confirm themselves though. There was only 1 night kill, and that was on Sudgy, so clearly scum killed sudgy. Unless vigilante targeted SS, the supposed doctor target. But that makes no sense . Which leads me to think maybe the roleblock was on the Vig and XP isn't a doctor.

vote: XP

but, I also went along with this post, XP played super scummy this game.

another thing I noticed was that he felt the need to mention how new he is several times. does someone know whether that's towny or scummy?

he responded to pretty much every post against him. only as I voted for him and basically requested: hey, defend yourself, he didn't defend himself.

all of this are things both town!KingZong and scum!KingZong could do in my mind. Well, i already liked him before the reread, and reading him definitely doesn't make him look any more towny. It probably makes him slightly more scummy, mainly because of the lack of content. but there's not much to go on.

we should wait for his defense I think.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: September 21, 2014, 03:19:56 pm »

Yeah, none of the posts of Kingzog are particularly scummy. The reason he's the last scum is because he was off wagon and against the lynches of both joth and voltaire, IIRC. Plus there are good reasons to think I am town, and good reasons to think WW is town. No real reason to think zog is town.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: September 21, 2014, 03:25:15 pm »

Yeah, none of the posts of Kingzog are particularly scummy. The reason he's the last scum is because he was off wagon and against the lynches of both joth and voltaire, IIRC. Plus there are good reasons to think I am town, and good reasons to think WW is town. No real reason to think zog is town.

well, he only had two posts while the whole thing took place.

In class so I'll add more later if needed, but I'm vanilla town. Oh, and I'm Q, so  I can make gadgets to help find scum!

I'm game to lynch a Vanilla townie. We may get the roleblocker, and even then they can't roleblock both cop and doctor, which I'm pretty sure XP is now.

note the dates, the first one was before Voltaire claimed, and the second one just says "I'm game lynching a vanlilla townie". is that enough to say that he was against a volt lynch?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: September 21, 2014, 03:26:05 pm »

for all we know he didn't really get the setup yet and didn't understand why the voltaire case was so super strong.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: September 21, 2014, 03:31:39 pm »

I think lio is the most likely to be town.
Then Zog.
Then WW.
Then Eevee.

this is from Voltaire. Does this tell us anything? Is it suspicious that he put KingZong as the second most towny?
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 62  All

Page created in 2.014 seconds with 17 queries.