Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 62  All

Author Topic: M49: James Bond Mafia - Town wins!  (Read 185703 times)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
Re: M49: James Bond Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #1125 on: September 17, 2014, 08:28:10 am »

• Hydrad
  • silverspawn
  • Eevee
  • Kingzog3
  • Witherweaver
  • liopoil
  • Voltaire
  • XerxesPraelor

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: September 17, 2014, 09:22:12 am »

Voltaire should absolutely claim first if we go the massclaim route.

I'd then have kingzog, silverspawn, myself, lio and ww go, in this order, this is objectively
how towny people seem to me.

But, first I really just want to reread Voltaire and see if I think how is overall play matches with the narrative for joth's partner. If he seems scummy enough, maybe we can have just him claim because people find him scummy enough and go from there.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
Re: M49: James Bond Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1127 on: September 17, 2014, 09:42:57 am »

I think we should lynch between Voltaire and XP. Next scummiest I find Kingzog for avoiding the joth-wagon, but that might not be so much of an offense if XP is scum too.

I missed the deadline by 5mins. I woke up and played a league match with lio, and told him this (I did not discuss the game, just that I woke up from an unintended nap 5mins before the deadline). I was more sure of XP, which is why I kept my vote, but probably would have switched had I been around in time.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: September 17, 2014, 09:45:37 am »

I won't oppose claiming.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: September 17, 2014, 09:49:13 am »

I think we should lynch between Voltaire and XP. Next scummiest I find Kingzog for avoiding the joth-wagon, but that might not be so much of an offense if XP is scum too.

I missed the deadline by 5mins. I woke up and played a league match with lio, and told him this (I did not discuss the game, just that I woke up from an unintended nap 5mins before the deadline). I was more sure of XP, which is why I kept my vote, but probably would have switched had I been around in time.
Words, they are wind.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: September 17, 2014, 09:51:05 am »

I guess I won't oppose mass claim, although I'd like to know what exactly it does. It's my first game so I don't quite see how mass claim works.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: September 17, 2014, 09:51:40 am »

Words, they are wind.

Indeed they are, but how do you expect me to defend myself? I need to write stuff and it's just a question of who believes me. It's the nature of this game.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: September 17, 2014, 09:52:02 am »

I guess I won't oppose mass claim, although I'd like to know what exactly it does. It's my first game so I don't quite see how mass claim works.

It will let us catch you if you're scum.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: September 17, 2014, 09:55:17 am »

Ok fine, I'll just go read the wiki since you guys are intent on being helpful.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: September 17, 2014, 10:02:09 am »

I don't know what answer you want.

We all claim our roles.  An order has to be chosen.  Generally you want the most-likely town people to be last, because the more information scum has, the better they can figure out what to claim.

If you look hard enough at the setup (and see what whatshisface pointed out), you'll see scum is somewhat restricted in their claims, since we know a Godfather has come out, and we've already witnessed claims of 1-shot Vig and Doctor.

When you claim, you claim your role, generally flavor name as well, and all actions/results you've gotten so far.  Generally, it's best to claim everything all at once, unless there is a really good reason not to.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: September 17, 2014, 10:07:36 am »

I don't know what answer you want.

We all claim our roles.  An order has to be chosen.  Generally you want the most-likely town people to be last, because the more information scum has, the better they can figure out what to claim.

If you look hard enough at the setup (and see what whatshisface pointed out), you'll see scum is somewhat restricted in their claims, since we know a Godfather has come out, and we've already witnessed claims of 1-shot Vig and Doctor.

When you claim, you claim your role, generally flavor name as well, and all actions/results you've gotten so far.  Generally, it's best to claim everything all at once, unless there is a really good reason not to.

Pretty much all I wanted. That's pretty much what the wiki says. Just that people are talking about doing this, and talking about the strategy, and I wanted to know what it was. And yes, I do support mass claim then. It seems like a logical next step.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: September 17, 2014, 10:11:49 am »

Okay cool.  Now that I answered your question, you owe me an answer:  Are you scum?

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: September 17, 2014, 10:19:38 am »

Okay cool.  Now that I answered your question, you owe me an answer:  Are you scum?

No

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: September 17, 2014, 10:19:56 am »

Alright, glad we got that cleared.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: September 17, 2014, 10:39:28 am »

Words, they are wind.

Indeed they are, but how do you expect me to defend myself? I need to write stuff and it's just a question of who believes me. It's the nature of this game.
Helping us lynch scum is your best defense. Just be towny and people will catch on.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: September 17, 2014, 10:56:36 am »

I reread the events leading up to the deadline. Here are some posts I think are interesting.

I'm pretty much gone from now until deadline for extended periods of time. I can check in but only briefly. So...let's lynch Robz.
Scum point for Voltaire, trying to derail us from joth to Robz with a lackluster case.

I don't like Robz.. I don't like XP, or Volt.. was considering liking Eevee (mainly because of buddying), but I went away from it after looking back.

Silver is probably town.. Hydrad is iffy.. PoE puts it on: Joth, KingZog, Lio. 

Joth and Lio partnership may be unlikely, not sure.. maybe someone else needs to go back in the PoE list, like Volt.

Does anyone else like Joth?  I'm still on him.
Town points for WW, helping us to lynch scum.

WW, can I ask you to reconsider Eevee? I haven't re-read him, so this is a pretty barely-formulated case, but his behavior right now (saying over and over again that he's working on a reread but never actually posting anything) is pretty classic scum actilurking. I can't think of a single meaningful contribution he's made this game, at least not since he spotted the mason claim at the very very beginning. He's just sort of been hovering around, seeming towny.
I was the target joth and XP both tried to swing the lynch to.

Eevee I have less time for mafia now than I used to. I suspect that plays a large part in all the creeping "hmmm Volt" posts I'm seeing.

joth is a bad lynch. Robz is a good lynch!
Voltaire insists.

Once again scum maneuvers the lynch so that the only viable options are mislynches. This is not good. Can we please lynch Eevee?
XP and joth with a common goal.

I just want to say again, look back at the end of day 1. As Liopoil had pointed out, I was the first one to back off XP after his claim yesterday! Now if he's town and I'm scum -- as you're willing to believe, Robz -- why would I do that!? If nothing else, I would stay on the claimed doctor until someone else backed off. Or I would just push the lynch anyway, pointing out how scummy a claim doctor is.

I just don't see my play at the end of the day yesterday matches a narrative of joth scum, XP town at all.
Even joth is saying XP is his partner.

Lio gets town points for the hammer, of course.

I agree with this since it means lynching XP! As for myself, I was clearly wrong about joth, obviously. And Robz. But ultimately this puts us in an amazing position so it's quite fine.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: September 17, 2014, 10:57:54 am »

If he seems scummy enough, maybe we can have just him claim because people find him scummy enough and go from there.

As far as I can tell, Eevee, you're the only one who has found me scummy so far.

Also, if we're massclaiming, silver goes last.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: September 17, 2014, 10:59:05 am »

Words, they are wind.

Helping us lynch scum is your best defense. Just be towny and people will catch on.

Of course I'll try to lynch scum. But I wasn't around for the deadline, and somehow that makes me scummy? I don't get it. I didn't jump on the joth wagon early, true, but only because I though XP was a better choice. As the deadline approached, I probably would have switched. Anyway, can't do anything about not being on the joth wagon now.

Are we still waiting on seeing if we mass claim? I'm leaving in about 10mins and won't be around till tonight if you want me to claim early in the list.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: September 17, 2014, 11:03:48 am »

Of course I'll try to lynch scum. But I wasn't around for the deadline, and somehow that makes me scummy? I don't get it. I didn't jump on the joth wagon early, true, but only because I though XP was a better choice. As the deadline approached, I probably would have switched. Anyway, can't do anything about not being on the joth wagon now.

Not being around for the deadline is scummy. That I wasn't either proves it can be done by town, but it's great for scum if no-one shows up.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: September 17, 2014, 11:05:31 am »

Not being around for the deadline is scummy. That I wasn't either proves it can be done by town, but it's great for scum if no-one shows up.

Man, I'm never going to take a mid day nap again for fear of being scummy! I'll do my best to be around for the next one, I promise.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: September 17, 2014, 11:12:23 am »

You were also conveniently off-wagon.

Day 2 FINAL VOTE COUNT

Robz888 (2): SK, Voltaire
jotheonah (6): Witherweaver, Eevee, Hydrad, Robz888, XerxesPraelor, liopoil
XerxesPraelor (2): Kingzog3, jotheonah

Not Voting (1): silverspawn

With 11 alive it took 6 to lynch.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: September 17, 2014, 11:24:57 am »

Vote Count 3.1

XerxesPraelor (2): Voltaire, silverspawn

Not Voting (6): Witherweaver, Eevee, Hydrad, XerxesPraelor, liopoil, Kingzog3

With 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

Day 3 ends at 5:30pm FT on Sept. 26th.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: September 17, 2014, 12:03:53 pm »

okay, noone seemed to have a problem with me leading things, so i'll just continue

Hydrad, me, KingZog, lio, and XP are all pro claim. That's 5/8, so we'll claim.

Next I we have to decide the claim order. It may not matter, but we have a lot of time left, so there's no reason not to try and get the most out of this.

lio has sugggested this order:
  • Eevee
  • Witherweaver
  • Voltaire
  • Kingzog3
  • liopoil
  • silverspawn

I have suggested that, everyone sends his own list, and we create a list by valuing all options equally. for each list, every player gets points for his position (first=1p, third=3p etc.) and then the final order is according to points in ascending order. so, if a lot of people want someone to vote first, and have him at the top of their list, he'll have only a few points and will likely have to vote first.

so, now everyone should just say if he is fine with using lio's order or if he thinks it's unfair and wants to do it the complicated way. lio = red, complicated = green, undecided = black. if 4 or more players aren't cool with lio's list, we don't do it.

lio and me are of course okay with it, so it looks like this now:

• Hydrad
  • silverspawn
  • Eevee
  • Kingzog3
  • Witherweaver
  • liopoil
  • Voltaire
  • XerxesPraelor

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: September 17, 2014, 12:26:51 pm »

It's objectively better to have the people who were off-wagon claim first. Kingzog isn't super scummy but I'd definitely have him go second. I'm fine going third myself, and would propose silverspawn go before witherweaver after me.

I'm straight up not participating unless Voltaire goes first. He was trying to sway us away from lynching joth yesterday, if that's not scummy I don't know what is.

Lio clearly hadn't reread the end of yesterday when he proposed his order. I had when I proposed mine. I think my order is better for us.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: September 17, 2014, 12:28:04 pm »

edit: I'd have liopoil go after silverspawn and before WW.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 62  All

Page created in 2.192 seconds with 21 queries.