Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 62  All

Author Topic: M49: James Bond Mafia - Town wins!  (Read 185665 times)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: M49: James Bond Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #875 on: September 12, 2014, 01:53:00 pm »

I don't feel good about this game anymore. I was re-reading again and all my reads are different and now I'm null on like everyone.
Having everything up until this point fresh in my mind, I got to echo this. We are totally lost here.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: September 12, 2014, 01:57:46 pm »

well the most surprising thing for me is that i found him scummy in day 1 tbh. strong town read now.

i hope this doesn't look like i'm defending my scum buddy. it might be something i would do as scum. although you could come to different conclusions by rereading him, so maybe i wouldn't. in any case, he seems towny to me.

so, i'll cross hydrad cus of what i just said, me because i know im town, kingzog because he also seems towny, lio because chairs was literally just lurking the entire time, so we have zero information about him, and lynching lio now seems like a pure random, and we should do better than that, sudgy and TA because they're dead, and SK cus he's a mason

1. Robz888
2. Hydrad
3. silverspawn
4. jotheonah
5. Eevee
6. Kingzog3
7. Witherweaver
8. liopoil
9. Voltaire
10. XerxesPraelor
11. sudgy
12. SK
13. Twistedarcher

that leaves

1. Robz888
4. jotheonah
5. Eevee
7. Witherweaver
9. Voltaire
10. XerxesPraelor
This is a great post. Of course lio now has had 5 pages to contribute, so I'd eliminate that, but other than that, spot on man.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: September 12, 2014, 02:07:04 pm »

Except for not agreeing with the Hydrad wagon (man, Hydrad had a medium amount of posts but NO contributions day 1), liopoil's assessment of day 1 matches mine to the dot. Which makes me lean town on him, too.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: M49: James Bond Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #878 on: September 12, 2014, 02:08:54 pm »

We've already established we think Hydrad is either a vig or a SK, so, as it happened, if he is town, him shooting really wouldn't have helped us at all.

But, if he was a SK and his shot got blocked, I'm pretty sure he would claim he tried to shoot because why not, so that gives him town points in my eyes. I don't think he would have shot sudgy, after claiming to be a vig, if he was a serial killer.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: September 12, 2014, 02:10:33 pm »

Except for not agreeing with the Hydrad wagon (man, Hydrad had a medium amount of posts but NO contributions day 1), liopoil's assessment of day 1 matches mine to the dot. Which makes me lean town on him, too.

My bad I'm pretty bad at coming up with cases on people. And also not used to defending myself. I'll try to post more content stuff.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: September 12, 2014, 02:12:47 pm »

We've already established we think Hydrad is either a vig or a SK, so, as it happened, if he is town, him shooting really wouldn't have helped us at all.

But, if he was a SK and his shot got blocked, I'm pretty sure he would claim he tried to shoot because why not, so that gives him town points in my eyes. I don't think he would have shot sudgy, after claiming to be a vig, if he was a serial killer.

Hmm also claiming 1 shot vig doesn't work for a sk really. Unless I'm planning on only shooting once the entire game and hoping to win with just town cred.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: September 12, 2014, 02:15:23 pm »

Also I will say I'm ok with a xp lynch as I think he's most likely scum out of everyone. Especially because it felt like his wagon was weird and refused for almost the whole day to be able to lynch him. It feels like scum kept trying to push everyone into me or TA so that scum wouldn't die day 1.

The only thing holding me back is the doctor claim which is I guess exactly why scum would claim it.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: September 12, 2014, 02:15:44 pm »

WW, can I ask you to reconsider Eevee? I haven't re-read him, so this is a pretty barely-formulated case, but his behavior right now (saying over and over again that he's working on a reread but never actually posting anything) is pretty classic scum actilurking. I can't think of a single meaningful contribution he's made this game, at least not since he spotted the mason claim at the very very beginning. He's just sort of been hovering around, seeming towny.
I mean, yeah, sorry it took me longer than I anticipated, but I reread the entire game to get a better idea. You are basically blaming me for promising to do it faster than I actually did, conveniently forgetting I actually did a full reread to get a better grasp on this.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: September 12, 2014, 02:17:17 pm »

Also joth feels weird to me also. I keep switching beside seeing him scummy and towny like every couple pages. So I don't know what to make out of that

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: September 12, 2014, 02:17:51 pm »

Hmm also claiming 1 shot vig doesn't work for a sk really. Unless I'm planning on only shooting once the entire game and hoping to win with just town cred.

Pretty sure I claimed 1-shot vig as an SK. It makes more sense then you think. If you claim regular vig, scum just kills you. You're too dangerous. If you're a SK who is forced to claim day 1 (terrible situation to be in, btw) you still have to toe that line of ot getting lynched AND not getting shot, and the 1-shot vig is the best chance at that (because once you've "used your shot" you're just a named VT and not a high priority for a scum NK)
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: September 12, 2014, 02:18:03 pm »

I mean you'd shoot once and then just tell you are not shooting and hope you aren't being tracked or watched.  :D Any claim is a lie for a serial killer who is shooting every night. Yours was nice in that you'd have a free pass for one night.

But, I think you are what you claimed and there is no SK. Not that I mind you trying to build cases of course! But you don't have to struggle to do it to avoid my suspicion, you've won me over already.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: September 12, 2014, 02:18:26 pm »

WW, can I ask you to reconsider Eevee? I haven't re-read him, so this is a pretty barely-formulated case, but his behavior right now (saying over and over again that he's working on a reread but never actually posting anything) is pretty classic scum actilurking. I can't think of a single meaningful contribution he's made this game, at least not since he spotted the mason claim at the very very beginning. He's just sort of been hovering around, seeming towny.
I mean, yeah, sorry it took me longer than I anticipated, but I reread the entire game to get a better idea. You are basically blaming me for promising to do it faster than I actually did, conveniently forgetting I actually did a full reread to get a better grasp on this.

When I posted you hadn't posted yet. But then you did. I am now feeling quite towny about you.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: September 12, 2014, 02:18:45 pm »

Pretty sure I claimed 1-shot vig as an SK. It makes more sense then you think. If you claim regular vig, scum just kills you. You're too dangerous. If you're a SK who is forced to claim day 1 (terrible situation to be in, btw) you still have to toe that line of ot getting lynched AND not getting shot, and the 1-shot vig is the best chance at that (because once you've "used your shot" you're just a named VT and not a high priority for a scum NK)
This explanation is better than mine.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: September 12, 2014, 02:20:14 pm »

When I posted you hadn't posted yet. But then you did. I am now feeling quite towny about you.
I think "Eevee is just saying he is going to reread but actually laughing at his beard thinking these schmucks are believing it" is an extremely weak reason to suspect me. Of course I meant to get the reread done, I wouldn't have said I was doing it otherwise, whatever my alignment.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: September 12, 2014, 02:28:00 pm »

1. Robz888 - Super lurk turned into something of an activity level with no real analysis still. Not impressed.
2. Hydrad - I believe his claim for aforementioned reasons.
3. silverspawn - Play is towny. Strongest town read outside of the claimants, could be scum if he is considerably more savvy than first time players usually are as scum.
4. jotheonah - Scummiest of the non-claimants. I've talked about this a lot. Not partners with XP though.
5. Eevee - Me!
6. Kingzog3 - Play is towny-ish. Tier 2 town read outside the claimants.
7. Witherweaver - Actually less of a presence than I'd expect. Has also not been suspected at all. The little analysis I've gotten from him I've agreed with, but he really hasn't posted anything too creative or bold. Turning into a PoE scum read, even.
8. chairs liopoil - Strong entrance, great analysis that happens to match my own reads perfectly. Tier 2 town read outside the claimants, could be scum if my reads are really bad.
9. Voltaire - He's been somewhat of a similar read to me than WW all game. Less strong than I'd expect, but initiated the completely needless fight with Robz, which happens in every game but is also not something he really needs to do as scum, as antagonizing people, especially strong-willed people such as our Robz is not desirable for them. Much like WW, turning into a PoE scum read. You guys need to start convincing us you are town!
10. XerxesPraelor - Scummy scummy scummy claim, we should have lynched him yesterday. I'd totally be calling a joth-XP scum team here for his strong and successful efforts to prevent this yesterday if they didn't have the convincing fight today. Weird doctoring target gives me pause, but basically everything else seems to point towards XP being scum. Claimed doctors just shouldn't survive, period.
11. sudgy - Mayday, MI-6 Aligned Mason, killed N1
12. SK - Confirmed mason.
13. Twistedarcher - Anya Amasova, MI-6 Aligned Vanilla Townie, lynched D1

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: September 12, 2014, 02:28:41 pm »

And with that, I'm done catching up. Let's lynch some scum guys!

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: September 12, 2014, 02:29:28 pm »

I'm town.

How's that?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: September 12, 2014, 02:30:54 pm »

I don't buy the XP thing, either.  Scum has Roleblocker, 1-shot Vig isn't a huge threat, and there are TWO IC's.  Keeping the IC's alive is dangerous dangerous dangerous.  I know because I did it in MU.  They Roleblock XP and kill the IC's, easy.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: September 12, 2014, 02:32:25 pm »

I'm town.

How's that?

Ah I was worried. Thanks for claiming!

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: September 12, 2014, 02:33:01 pm »

I don't buy the XP thing, either.  Scum has Roleblocker, 1-shot Vig isn't a huge threat, and there are TWO IC's.  Keeping the IC's alive is dangerous dangerous dangerous.  I know because I did it in MU.  They Roleblock XP and kill the IC's, easy.

Wait are you saying you think xp is scum or not?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: September 12, 2014, 02:33:12 pm »

Except we don't know scum has a roleblocker. It's only known to us if XP is truthful. You are using something that results from XP's claim to validate the claim itself. There has to be a name for this fallacy, but I'm not a well read man.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: September 12, 2014, 02:38:20 pm »

I'm saying I that XP being alive doesn't mean he's scum.  I think XP is town for independent reasons.

Are you sure about RB?  I thought we knew they had to have a Roleblocker after the two Mason claims.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: September 12, 2014, 02:39:22 pm »

Okay, one of XP/Hydrad need to be telling the truth to guarantee a Roleblocker.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: September 12, 2014, 02:41:30 pm »

Okay, one of XP/Hydrad need to be telling the truth to guarantee a Roleblocker.
Oh, I misunderstood then. My bad. Your point is valid.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: September 12, 2014, 02:43:55 pm »

One more thing about joth, he was very eager to jump on my case when I was slowly becoming the worst lurker and an easy target, but backs off again the minute I get active and (if my self-perception is accurate) hard to lynch again.

Vote: joth

I'm town about XP, doctor was the scummiest claim he could make, and claimed doctors shouldn't live through the night, but the roleblocker explains it somewhat, and ultimately I think the choice of target is more likely to come from lazy town than scum, because scum would surely discuss their fake claims and someone would point it out to him.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 62  All

Page created in 2.249 seconds with 21 queries.