Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 62  All

Author Topic: M49: James Bond Mafia - Town wins!  (Read 185719 times)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: M49: James Bond Mafia (Open for signups!)
« Reply #850 on: September 10, 2014, 09:01:13 pm »

I'll try to reread the entire freaking game, starting now. I've totally ignored the awesome-seeming flavor, hopefully following it will keep me from boring myself before the end. Good luck Eevee, you can do it!

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: M49: James Bond Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #851 on: September 10, 2014, 09:50:01 pm »

Vote Count 2.6

liopoil (1): Robz888
Robz888 (4): XerxesPraelor, SK, jotheonah, Voltaire
jotheonah (1): Witherweaver
XerxesPraelor (2): liopoil, Kingzog3

Not Voting (3): Hydrad, silverspawn, Eevee

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch.

Day 2 ends Sept. 14 at 5pm FT.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
Re: M49: James Bond Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #852 on: September 11, 2014, 06:53:51 am »

you had to choose this day to become crazy active, huh?

okay, so, turns out I do not have internet where I'm now. I also don't have a smartphone, so I can only post from internet cafés (I am at one now). But I'm not a lynch candidate, so it's probably not that big of a deal. What is kind of a big deal is that the deadline is on sunday 11pm, which is the day where I'll travel back home, and I have no idea if I'll arrive before 11pm. Went I got here, I arrived after midnight, but there was stuff going wrong on the way and we left kinda late, so it's possible that I'll be home for the deadline. I'll try to, anyway.

Okay, about the game, I'll agree with Robz on this:

This is like, the most convincing post of this whole game.

Generally, I think what XP did could be risky but still good scum play. Think about it, he said he doctored me. The argument that I made ("if he was scum, he would have thought about it more") is bound to come at some point, and he's likely to get credit for it. Cause, really, which scum would fakeclaim protecting a non-mason? That's just weird. Which is why it's good. And the thing about claimed doctors being scummy is also a good point.

so I'll vote: XP. I think he's the strongest lynch we have.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: September 11, 2014, 06:57:05 am »

I also think lio is really make too good points for scum. Or, if he's scum, he's playing really good. If we lynch XP and he flips scum, I think lio is pretty much an IC.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: September 11, 2014, 06:58:07 am »

okay that's it for me today, I'll try to visit either today or tomorrow, both if possible

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: September 11, 2014, 08:21:25 am »

I'm not sure how you can think XP and I are partners. I started the wagon against him that got him to L1, right?
Didn't say you are partners, though that is plausible. You since jumped your vote around a lot, IIRC. Plus bussing is a thing. Is it the most likely thing? no. Is it at all out of the question? no. I have an independent scumread on both of you.

Your case on me was at least partly based on my freaking out and backing off in response to XP's doctor claim, which is only a scummy play if XP is also town.

I still don't buy this XP as scum case for the reasons outlined earlier. No reason to "protect" silverspawn when it's much easier, safer, and more plausible to claim protection of the surviving mason. WIFOM, yes, but (no offense) I don't put him on that level of play.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: September 11, 2014, 08:22:13 am »

Sorry I meant "if XP is also scum" above. Phone posting.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: September 11, 2014, 09:30:44 am »

I'm also wondering why Liopoil is straddling the Joth/XP bridge.

I think the point about Joth's reaction to XP's claims were valid (that's why I voted earlier).  I still don't think XP is scum.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: September 11, 2014, 01:12:34 pm »

Yeah, I'm not scum. I actually purposely don't think to much about what I write/do, because the less instinct-based my reactions are, the more it gets into WIFOM, which is pretty unhelpful.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: September 11, 2014, 01:21:32 pm »

I didn't finish my reread, and I'm too tired to do it now. I'll get on it when I wake up.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: September 12, 2014, 11:27:59 am »

I'm pretty much gone from now until deadline for extended periods of time. I can check in but only briefly. So...let's lynch Robz.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: September 12, 2014, 11:33:31 am »

Sounds like a plan.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: September 12, 2014, 11:39:58 am »

I don't like Robz.. I don't like XP, or Volt.. was considering liking Eevee (mainly because of buddying), but I went away from it after looking back.

Silver is probably town.. Hydrad is iffy.. PoE puts it on: Joth, KingZog, Lio. 

Joth and Lio partnership may be unlikely, not sure.. maybe someone else needs to go back in the PoE list, like Volt.

Does anyone else like Joth?  I'm still on him.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: September 12, 2014, 11:45:06 am »

^Agree with the above, except for the not liking Robz part.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: September 12, 2014, 11:53:55 am »

Well "don't like" means "don't want to lynch" here.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: September 12, 2014, 12:03:11 pm »

WW, can I ask you to reconsider Eevee? I haven't re-read him, so this is a pretty barely-formulated case, but his behavior right now (saying over and over again that he's working on a reread but never actually posting anything) is pretty classic scum actilurking. I can't think of a single meaningful contribution he's made this game, at least not since he spotted the mason claim at the very very beginning. He's just sort of been hovering around, seeming towny.

He/him

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: September 12, 2014, 12:16:34 pm »

WW, can I ask you to reconsider Eevee? I haven't re-read him, so this is a pretty barely-formulated case, but his behavior right now (saying over and over again that he's working on a reread but never actually posting anything) is pretty classic scum actilurking. I can't think of a single meaningful contribution he's made this game, at least not since he spotted the mason claim at the very very beginning. He's just sort of been hovering around, seeming towny.

I think he is just legitimately struggling, like the rest of us.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: September 12, 2014, 01:25:16 pm »

Got to end of day 1 with in my reread.

Current thoughts: XP claimed to be a doctor. A mason who was less active than XP died. That is very suspicious, we should really consider lynching XP hard. Only reason to leave him alive if he is what he claims to be I can think of is if they have a roleblocker and XP's reads are really bad.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: September 12, 2014, 01:28:36 pm »

With at least 3 or 4 power roles, scum is guaranteed to have a roleblocker.
Oh, sadness.

Top suspect for me from day 1 was joth, by the way. I flipflopped between "so towny" and "scummyy" a lot, but I think the towny posts could be joth being very self-aware. Anyways, reading more, at page 28 already.

Hydrad could definitely be a serial killer, but it it's looking likelier we don't have one and he basically can't be mafia, so I think we want to treat him as town for today.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: September 12, 2014, 01:29:42 pm »

Ya well I was expecting them to kill the doctor then roleblock me. Or xp is scum and they roleblocked me.

Scum don't RB Vigs early in the game. Scum RB doctors.
This is true, unless the vig has been strongly suspecting one of the scum teams members. Having just reread day 1, it didn't seem to me Hydrad was going to shoot anyone in particular, so I'm siding with Robz here.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #870 on: September 12, 2014, 01:30:48 pm »

Ya well I was expecting them to kill the doctor then roleblock me. Or xp is scum and they roleblocked me.

why wouldnt scum just kill doctor?

This really is a good question. Scum is always terrified of doctors, partially because even if they aren't IC's, they aren't likely lynch targets either.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: September 12, 2014, 01:31:26 pm »

This is true, unless the vig has been strongly suspecting one of the scum teams members. Having just reread day 1, it didn't seem to me Hydrad was going to shoot anyone in particular, so I'm siding with Robz here.

Ya sorry I guess I was just afraid of wasting or hitting town with my shot. Vig is a scary role to have.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: September 12, 2014, 01:34:13 pm »

A general thought: Due to the players we have remaining and the claimed roles I'm inclined to believe, it's almost certain we are dealing with experienced, expert scum. The kind that could advice XP to claim an unconventional doctoring target because those things tend to score newer players a lot of town points. Had he claimed to have targeted SK, I think we would be all over lynching him now. Someone like Robz, Voltaire, WW (or myself) could very well have foreseen that.

Heck, he could have foreseen that himself. He is already modding, he clearly has a pretty good understanding of the game.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: September 12, 2014, 01:36:13 pm »

Not tons. I thought about it casually, but I don't tend to devote much time to my targeting choices. You can look at all of the other games where I had a role - I chose this time based on who I would kill.
This sounds insincere coming from someone who decided to mod a RMM game.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: September 12, 2014, 01:49:57 pm »

Out of context, I agree. But if you look back at that quote and the preceding 5 or 6 posts, I think you'll find that I made my meaning very clear and that was just a final, pithy restatement. Here are the other times I stated that case beforehand:

silverspawn's play, of "making sure no one's 100 percent cleared" is definitely something scum would do as early as they could in a discussion like the one we just had.

I find the fact that your first instinct was to point that out scummy. Scum players find ICs very scary. I know if I was suddenly hearing about two and I was scum, I would try to plant the seeds of doubt early in case I needed them later on.

So now who's misrepresenting whom, eh?
At the start of today, XP was doing to joth exactly what he did to TA that ultimately lead to his mislynch. I think we can eliminate joth/XP as a potential scum pair based on this, though.

By the way, TA, I never said I'm sorry for being partially responsible for your lynch yesterday. My mistake. In hindsight we should have backed down after your claim, to me it became pretty obvious you were town after you claimed VT. A power role claim would have been strictly superior for scum, probably driving us to a nolynch and a really confusing setting for day 2. I'm not sure if joth is scummy for hammering, but I don't like the fact that he did it so quickly that no one got a chance to get a word in edgewise.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 62  All

Page created in 1.572 seconds with 20 queries.