Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 62  All

Author Topic: M49: James Bond Mafia - Town wins!  (Read 185687 times)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: M49: James Bond Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #400 on: August 31, 2014, 11:53:39 am »

I'm in for doing something. How about lynching Hydrad?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: August 31, 2014, 12:00:18 pm »

I could go for either of those.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: August 31, 2014, 12:00:42 pm »

vote: Hyrdad is the better place I think.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: August 31, 2014, 12:01:11 pm »

spelling correction

vote: Hydrad

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: August 31, 2014, 12:01:36 pm »

I have reread everything from Hydrad. I see your point. I might support a lynch later.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: August 31, 2014, 02:22:45 pm »

So is there even a case that I can defend myself here? Because it feels like there is almost no reason why I'm getting voted. I guess I had my post about not being 100% sure if they were masons or not. Is that the reason we are voting for me?

I don't really see why if I was scum I would do that. If i'm scum I'm pretty sure I would see that it really looks like a mason slip and believe it. There wouldn't be any point in fighting for it because if they claim then I'm in a weird spot.

Now what I was trying to see was the chance that they were either a scum team and SK made a huge slip. Or even the chance that SK was just trusting sudgy since he was the mod in his first NM6 game. I guess I havn't played with enough mason games to have been as confident as everyone else.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 31, 2014, 02:34:06 pm »

All your posts are either RVS or addressing the mason situation (and your posts on the subject aren't doing you any favors either).

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 31, 2014, 02:44:57 pm »

Hmm well I don't really know what to say then. I guess I played the mason part completely wrong. I was just scared of everyone believing SK and sudgy were masons before anything was confirmed. I guess thats just a personal thing though since I feel like making assumptions like that can really hurt you if they are wrong.

But I'm guessing this isn't going to change anyones vote on me. So now we have to see how many people think I'm scum.

Also am I allowed to say that I really hate day 1s? For whatever reason I usually get a decent amount of heat or wagons on me during day 1. The other days I seem to be suspected much less. I almost feel like I should just lurk day 1 so that I don't say anything that could be interpreted as being scummy. Anyways I'm not actually going to do that as that is a boring way to play. Just wanted to say something of how annoying day 1 is :P
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 31, 2014, 02:49:51 pm »

See, I feel like you have been more or less lurking Day 1.  It feels like you went into the shadows once you started getting suspicion and have been coming on to post because you feel like you have to post, because it looks bad if you just disappear. 

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 31, 2014, 02:49:57 pm »

Find someone scummier than you, and I'll change my vote. :)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 31, 2014, 02:51:03 pm »

See, I feel like you have been more or less lurking Day 1.  It feels like you went into the shadows once you started getting suspicion and have been coming on to post because you feel like you have to post, because it looks bad if you just disappear.
Agreed. You haven't posted ANYTHING regarding the alignments of other players. Seriously, as far as I can see you have no reads. That IS lurking.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: August 31, 2014, 02:52:23 pm »

And Eevee would know.  He got his PhD in Lurking.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: August 31, 2014, 02:52:44 pm »

Not true. Disagree!

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: August 31, 2014, 02:54:33 pm »

Not true. Disagree!
More posts than you have in this game, case in point.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: August 31, 2014, 03:00:06 pm »

Well I still find joth's case on XP good. So I find XP the scummiest right now. The problem is that both of you think XP is towny. So your saying I either have to convince you extremely well that XP is scum. Or I have to jump off my scum read and build another person that I think is scum. Personally I don't really want to jump off of my read as I still do think XP is scum. But I feel like unless XP comes out and says he is scum you won't vote for him at all.

Now this is a genuine question. What is the right move here? Pretend I'm town for a moment. In day1 with almost no info I don't think there is really anything to build a case on other then XP. But what has been said on XP is pretty much all hes been posted. I don't see how I can get you to change your mind unless I also have a claim and even then if I did claim there is a chance you wouldn't believe me.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: August 31, 2014, 03:08:59 pm »

Well I still find joth's case on XP good. So I find XP the scummiest right now. The problem is that both of you think XP is towny. So your saying I either have to convince you extremely well that XP is scum. Or I have to jump off my scum read and build another person that I think is scum. Personally I don't really want to jump off of my read as I still do think XP is scum. But I feel like unless XP comes out and says he is scum you won't vote for him at all.

Now this is a genuine question. What is the right move here? Pretend I'm town for a moment. In day1 with almost no info I don't think there is really anything to build a case on other then XP. But what has been said on XP is pretty much all hes been posted. I don't see how I can get you to change your mind unless I also have a claim and even then if I did claim there is a chance you wouldn't believe me.

take the time to reread every user, and think about what makes a strong case, regardless of whether you believe it yourself. of course, it's kinda too late for that now.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: August 31, 2014, 03:10:29 pm »

I've posted my reads, and I'll vote with you on any of my non-town reads.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: August 31, 2014, 06:27:02 pm »

isn't waiting for the first reasonable chance to attack someone, and then going really strong, scummy also?
That sounds like good town play to me. If no one is willing to do anything, we'll just twiddle our thumbs until the deadline. Applying pressure is the best way to generate interactions that generate reads.

Can I use this to get townyness on my suspicion on the SK/sudgy thing? probably not but while rereading I noticed it and just wanted to put it out here. Although I guess I didn't attack I just rose opinions and suspicion.

Anyways I'm sorry silver but after rereading I think I'm finding you slightly scummy.

sounds like someone's getting a little hot under the collar at the prospect of two ICs.

they always had the chance to claim. the fact that they revealed themselves is, while maybe not a big deal, still a good thing for scum. likewise, the prospect of two IC's is not a surprise, but something that was anticipated from the start.

So there is this mention. Which seems like he was expecting masons. If he was scum and knows that they have a powerful team then expecting masons makes sense here.

Um.. you anticipated having Masons?  That's not really the most likely scenario.
it's not?

Depends.  How much information did you have coming into today?

I read the OP, it said roles are "distributed randomly". I read through the wiki page of the setup, though not everything. and someone said something about on open setup, so I assumed that I was misinformed and we're actually supposed to know more.

This looks like hes just trying to cover his "scumslip". although I don't really like using that word as I've found 90% of the time people call something a scumslip its really not...

Then there is this vote

Vote: jotheonah

it's not a strong case, but let's force some reactions

This feels like a way for scum to get on a wagon to see if it sticks. But if it doesn't you have the excuse that you were only doing it for reactions. It seems like a scummy way to get your vote on someone personally.

It really isn't a strong case. I would submit that a better case is the one I was too scared to make -- silverspawn's play, of "making sure no one's 100 percent cleared" is definitely something scum would do as early as they could in a discussion like the one we just had.

I'll vote: silverspawn in any case.

they aren't 100% cleared. it could be a scum team making a dangerous move. and we should keep that in mind. If you find the truth scummy, I don't know what to tell you.

Also joth was the person suspecting SS so silverspawn might of thought jumping on the joth wagon had a chance to get rid of the person suspecting him. I find this one unlikely but still its something to keep in mind. Hes also trying to get us to put a bit of doubt on the SK/sudgy team. This could be seen as scum trying to get us not to trust the IC's as much and maybe down the line lynching them accidentily.

Vote: xp

I think the case on him is pretty good for day1 interactions.

But now I'm just going to wait because I'm sure ww will find this vote scummy somehow

What's wrong with my defense?
it's scummy

SS also states that he thinks XP is scummy and his defense is scummy. But here he votes for TA

I don't think the case on Xer is that bad. however, I'll rather vote:Twistedarcher until he does a little bit more/stops being overly cautious.

I see this as if XP is scum he can still say he liked the lynch on XP but hes not actually helping push it here to see if XP can get saved today.

so... I think we should lynch twiste

Then he tries to get a TA wagon going. But doesn't really post much on it. Thats pretty much it for now. So at this moment I think silver/XP is a possible scum team.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: August 31, 2014, 06:30:29 pm »

VOTE COUNT 1.7

Eevee (1): XerxesPraelor
Robz888 (1): chairs
Hydrad (3): Witherweaver, Eevee, Voltaire
XerxesPraelor (5): jotheonah, Kingzog3, sudgy, Hydrad, SK
Twistedarcher (1): silverspawn

Not Voting (2): Robz888, Twistedarcher

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Day 1 ends at 6:00pm FT on September 2nd.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: August 31, 2014, 07:58:41 pm »

you followed my advise. very good.

it's scummy

SS also states that he thinks XP is scummy and his defense is scummy. But here he votes for TA

this was a joke

about the rest, I'm not going to take it all that seriously, since you are just panicking.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: August 31, 2014, 08:03:30 pm »

you followed my advise. very good.

it's scummy

this was a joke

about the rest, I'm not going to take it all that seriously, since you are just panicking.

I'm not really panicking. I still like the XP case the most here. But I'm finding everyone else either towny or not enough interactions to get a case on. I realize this case is also pretty weak also. But if eevee and WW don't want to lynch XP I think your the next one I can think of that might be scum.

Really though I still want to lynch XP.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: August 31, 2014, 08:37:29 pm »

Despite not addressing the super-long post I put lots of effort into at all!

Yeah, Hydrad still looks towny, even though his tunnelling looks weird from my POV.

I don't really like his Silverspawn case because lots of it is based on postulating a SS/me scumteam and the parts are based on confusing wording by SS, which I know to not care too much about.

Voltaire is still acting arbitrarily, which makes his lynch doable, since even if he's town, he's still not acting very pro-town, and he hasn't done much towny in the first place.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: August 31, 2014, 09:15:41 pm »

I think this is town Voltaire, and finger of suspicion on XP for seemingly trying to propose  an "eh, why not?" lynch.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: August 31, 2014, 09:16:16 pm »

And what's townie about Hydrad?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: August 31, 2014, 09:18:16 pm »

Town read on silver spawn for me. I'm more suspicious of hydrad than xp but I don't have strong feelings on either one, I guess. Hydrad's post where he basically said "but I've always been town, and I'm similar this game, so I must be town here" stuck out the most to me.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 62  All

Page created in 2.151 seconds with 16 queries.