Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 62  All

Author Topic: M49: James Bond Mafia - Town wins!  (Read 185732 times)

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
Re: M49: James Bond Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #325 on: August 27, 2014, 02:36:28 pm »

Re-reading, and this post moves me from 95% convinced to 99.9% convinced that SK and sudgy are town:

I think it is just too easy for one of us to get killed. A smart scum team would leave us alive to blame us, yes? So yeah, kill one of us if you want proof. Preferably me, I suck at this game and Sudgy is a better player.

Looking just at how this whole thing went down with existing:

Robz888
Hydrad
silverspawn
jotheonah
Eevee - pointing out in-thread is doubleplus town
Kingzog3
Witherweaver
chairs
Voltaire
XerxesPraelor
sudgy
SK

Twistedarcher

Townier reads on WW, Silver, Zog, joth (these are the most tentative). Leaving scum in Hydrad, Robz, chairs, XP, TA.

This list seems extremely correlated with activity level thus far -- would you agree, or is that just a coincidence?

I would agree, and contend that this is a feature, not a bug.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 27, 2014, 02:38:09 pm »

Where on earth is this townread on silverspawn coming from?

From his actual reaction to the claims. Though initially over-the-top to me, his caution reads town. [censored, ongoing game]

SK

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 27, 2014, 05:46:36 pm »

Oh, I see.  I thought Volt was saying the only 2 Mafia option was in possible.

Mafia and SK are on different teams, though.  So possibilities are 2 Mafia + 1 SK, 3 Mafia, 3 Mafia + 1 SK.
oh when he said 3 scum. Doesn't that include SK as a scum? so for me a goon,godfather,  SK selection means 3 scum right?
uh....I'm not scum.

Silverspawn is acting sorta jumpy. He gave a totally great explanation and then did what he did earlier, dismissed it in a weird way. Maybe that's just his style, I don't know.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 27, 2014, 05:48:16 pm »

SK means Serial Killer there.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 27, 2014, 05:48:31 pm »

Oh, I see.  I thought Volt was saying the only 2 Mafia option was in possible.

Mafia and SK are on different teams, though.  So possibilities are 2 Mafia + 1 SK, 3 Mafia, 3 Mafia + 1 SK.
oh when he said 3 scum. Doesn't that include SK as a scum? so for me a goon,godfather,  SK selection means 3 scum right?
uh....I'm not scum.

I actually can't tell if you're just being funny or not, but in mafia SK stands for Serial Killer, a possible role in this game.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: August 27, 2014, 05:52:39 pm »

I'll say this is proof that SK is not a serial killer

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: August 27, 2014, 05:53:43 pm »

Silverspawn is acting sorta jumpy. He gave a totally great explanation and then did what he did earlier, dismissed it in a weird way. Maybe that's just his style, I don't know.

no idea what you're talking about. I didn't dismiss anything, I just repeated the exact same thing I said with my first post on this topic countless times.

SK

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 27, 2014, 05:59:00 pm »

SK means Serial Killer there.
Right. I get points for confusing username at least, lol

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 27, 2014, 05:59:23 pm »

There was already 0% chance of him being a serial killer given the mason claim.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 27, 2014, 05:59:47 pm »

HE KILLS THE PEOPLE AND THEN BUILDS THEM INTO THE WALLS

SK

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 27, 2014, 06:00:20 pm »

no idea what you're talking about. I didn't dismiss anything, I just repeated the exact same thing I said with my first post on this topic countless times.
yeah I guess it's just your playstyle I'm seeing.

SK

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: August 27, 2014, 06:00:42 pm »

shut up, you're giving me away!

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: August 27, 2014, 06:06:33 pm »

I was joking. but yea.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 27, 2014, 06:12:18 pm »

TA makes me nervous for not doing much here. All his posts seem to be very easy, feely posts. He did the same in the recently completed newbie game as town but this is just not a helpful situation to be in.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 27, 2014, 06:29:31 pm »

lol
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 28, 2014, 07:38:16 am »

Deadline is Tuesday and I'm not sure how active I'll be able to be on the weekend (I'm moving and probably won't have wifi set up yet in the new place). If you're in a similar position, do what I'm going to do today: re-read the thread and post something of substance. Especially people who have been lurking so far.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 28, 2014, 09:51:37 am »

Scummy things on re-read:

It's a very, very natural for a new player to think "I am town, how dares he vote for me! He must be scum.".

When I thought that there was no exclamation mark. And tbh, I wasn't thinking that he was scum. Just "how dare he vote for me."

Ok, this is pretty scummy -- Zog actually admitting to voting for someone he didn't think was scum. And we all sort of let that slip by. But, idk, in context it sort of fits with how newbie he's being. So not sure it's the best case today.

The case I actually like here is XP. During RVS, he throws his vote around a lot, that's fine, everyone does that. Then the case starts building on sudgy and he really shamelessly sheeps it:

vote: sudgy

Baa.

Then he does something he'll do over and over again: defend Robz in Robz's absence, despite that Robz has posted nothing of substance all day.

Didn't you just see robz has no time right now to defend himself?

Sudgy/SK scumteam??

The main thing I don't like is his going back to RVS after something has already begun that he has an opinion on.

A few people vote for him over his SK/sudgy scumteam accusation. He rapidly backs off.

Whatever. Forget the SK thing. I do think Sudgy overreacted here, but maybe we should leave that for another day. Sudgy tends to get lynched for this independent of alignment.

unvote

I have a small scumread on Eevee for using overreaction as the case on sudgy when he should know better.

Sudgy "over"reacts all the time, whether scum or town, and Eevee's been around long enough to know this. It's a null tell for him.

Then he disappears for like 5 pages, and then posts this.

Why is everyone voting for robz?

I think vet scum would just accept it immediately, like they did in dice Mafia. Kind of like Eevee, who also jumped on the easiest ladder that very well might have gone through except for the unforeseen mason claim, especially knowing that sudgy is an easy mislynch.

Silverspawn/Hydrad's reactions, since they're newer, are also bad, but Hydras sounds more sincere to me somehow.

Voltaire has me in his suspicion list, which I don't like, but he seems to be acting pretty towny.

Witherweaver, Joth, and KingZog haven't done anything I noticed, so I'll have to look at them later.

That, after the second defense of Robz/panic about Robz votes, strikes me as a classic scum "acti-lurking" post. It tries to look like participation, but fails to pin down anything worthwhile or add anything new.

By the way, as I far as I know, I've reposted everything XP has posted in this thread since RVS. And it's consisted of:

-sheeping
-lurking
-actilurking
-backpedaling
-being weirdly concerned about Robz

All that is enough for me to Vote: XerxesPraelor. I hope you will all join me.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 28, 2014, 09:52:26 am »

Just looking over my post again, I admit I say "over and over again" about something that only happened twice. But twice in very few posts, so I think it's still relevant.

He/him

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 28, 2014, 11:01:15 am »

1. Changing your mind when you remember relevant information should be okay.
2. I don't actually tend to post much. You can look at other games to see that.
3. I did add multiple things new in my post, including pointing out how scummy Eevee's behavior was and how I expect the mason claim to have been reacted to.
4. The pattern I noticed was lots of people randomly voting for robz without a reason, and I got really confused, because I can't see a good town or scum reason to do it.
5. Sheeping a good case should be okay. I see someone making sense, and I don't have any additional information one way or another to contribute to it, so I do the best I can. When I thought of something to contribute, I said it, and everyone proceeded to ignore my entire case for unknown reasons.

This is how you can tell I'm not scum:
-I noticed the sudgy/SK connection before anyone else, and I brought it up. Scum would have just noted it down as a potential masonry and talked about something else. My calling of them as a scumteam was protown, and I'm proud of it
-When I changed my mind about Sudgy's alignment, I didn't just back off but continued to scumhunt by looking for who it implicated and made a case in that direction.
-Look at my posts before the first one joth cites. Quite a few of them are very clearly not RVS votes. They may not all be on solid cases, but I worked with what I had. Joth leaving them out and simply labelling them RVS is evidence of unfair play. I won't vote joth, though, because I think my case on Eevee is stronger than the small amount of scumminess joth has.

vote: joth

P.S. Wow, this is a gigantic post. (for me) I guess I'm just trying to be more understandable than I usually am.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 28, 2014, 11:05:51 am »

I won't vote joth, though, because I think my case on Eevee is stronger than the small amount of scumminess joth has.

vote: joth

Huh? Also OMGUS much?

He/him

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: August 28, 2014, 11:07:21 am »

Oops, that was a typo.

vote: Eevee

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 28, 2014, 11:07:43 am »

That's okay. Maybe I was confusing you with someone else.

vote: TA for being the last person to post.

^Xerxes' last post before the one I started with. Literally a random vote.

He/him

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 28, 2014, 11:08:13 am »

I guess I'm just trying to be more understandable than I usually am.

Success!

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 28, 2014, 11:24:07 am »

Wait, so WW, are you a mason or not?

Vote: silverspawn.  I have my legitimate reasons.

I don't think he wants to clarify. It's either badly-done bread crumbing or nothing at all, so we can safely ignore it for now. Why vote silverspawn, who hasn't done anything scummy and has posted already?

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 28, 2014, 11:39:51 am »

Scummy things on re-read:

It's a very, very natural for a new player to think "I am town, how dares he vote for me! He must be scum.".

When I thought that there was no exclamation mark. And tbh, I wasn't thinking that he was scum. Just "how dare he vote for me."

Ok, this is pretty scummy -- Zog actually admitting to voting for someone he didn't think was scum. And we all sort of let that slip by. But, idk, in context it sort of fits with how newbie he's being. So not sure it's the best case today.

(long post about XP)

All that is enough for me to Vote: XerxesPraelor. I hope you will all join me.

You misinterpret. Just because I didn't think he was scum, doesn't mean I thought he was town. My reason was quite literally the definition of OMGUS. The was no reason behind it, hence why I quickly unvoted. It was a silly mistake, but I don't seriously think this can be made into a case to think I'm scum.

Your case in XP though is interesting. XP has made some good points in defence though. The major think which I'm concerned about is the XP says:

-I noticed the sudgy/SK connection before anyone else, and I brought it up. Scum would have just noted it down as a potential masonry and talked about something else. My calling of them as a scumteam was protown, and I'm proud of it

but in fact it was Eevee who first pointed it out to us that we had missed a mason claim. In fact, I don't see you ever telling us about it in a post. And then you vote of Eevee, who was the guy who actually told us, who we have all pretty much confirmed as town. This feels so scummy.

Wait, so WW, are you a mason or not?

Vote: silverspawn.  I have my legitimate reasons.

I don't think he wants to clarify. It's either badly-done bread crumbing or nothing at all, so we can safely ignore it for now. Why vote silverspawn, who hasn't done anything scummy and has posted already?

Also this. Why are you posting this? Is this your proof that you knew Sudgy was a mason? He asked is WW was a mason from his joke claim at the start, then you say we can ignore it. So either this is irrelevant, or you're trying to say that you telling us to ignore WW's fake claim is actually you telling us Sudgy is a mason. You never brought up the connection between sudgy and SK, Eevee brought it up, and you're trying to get votes on him. Scummy as hell.

Vote: XerxesPraelor
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 62  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 16 queries.