Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 62  All

Author Topic: M49: James Bond Mafia - Town wins!  (Read 185714 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
Re: M49: James Bond Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #225 on: August 26, 2014, 02:53:40 pm »

I didn't catch it.  I actually thought he was making a joke about the SK/Sudgy scum team.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 26, 2014, 02:57:46 pm »

Well I guess the unvote is prudent at this point.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 26, 2014, 03:09:20 pm »

I'll unvote for now too.

well at least this game is starting up now. One thing I'm thinking. if SK and sudgy are masons does that make eevee scum for pointing it out to see if hes right? If hes town would he try and keep quiet if he thought they were masons?

I'm not sure that makes him scummy. If he thinks they're Masons, and he is town, he will want to keep them alive and showing the claim people missed means sudgy won't be lynched.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 26, 2014, 03:11:30 pm »

If I was scum and somehow the only one who had noticed it, I could also, you know, just tell my scumbuddies at night and then we'd know but town wouldn't.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 26, 2014, 03:14:44 pm »

I see, though I'm not sure it's that obvious based on his comment. if it is, that's a pretty huge mistake

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 26, 2014, 03:17:01 pm »

I see, though I'm not sure it's that obvious based on his comment. if it is, that's a pretty huge mistake
Not the worst accidental claim, luckily. Also, the milk seems very much spilled at this point.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 26, 2014, 03:17:26 pm »

I'll unvote for now too.

well at least this game is starting up now. One thing I'm thinking. if SK and sudgy are masons does that make eevee scum for pointing it out to see if hes right? If hes town would he try and keep quiet if he thought they were masons?

I'm not sure that makes him scummy. If he thinks they're Masons, and he is town, he will want to keep them alive and showing the claim people missed means sudgy won't be lynched.

But sudgy was still really far away from being lynched. and if they do claim as masons then scum knows who to kill. Still I don't think this makes eevee scum but it leans slight scum to me.

If I was scum and somehow the only one who had noticed it, I could also, you know, just tell my scumbuddies at night and then we'd know but town wouldn't.

But I see it as they arn't garenteed masons with that. Sure the chances are high that they are a mason team. But maybe you pointed it out so that they might claim and you would know exactly who to kill instead of just a hunch.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 26, 2014, 03:18:44 pm »

also we still have the threat of a doctor. So even if they are a mason team it can be risky for scum to try and hit as thats probably the people the doctor will try to protect also.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 26, 2014, 03:20:34 pm »

Hydrad, I don't get it. In your hypothesis, I would already know who to kill, I caught the slip. It's better that everyone knows, if scum is going to know anyways, no?

It's not just a hunch. I mean, they haven't said anything, and literally everyone here is convinced anyways.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 26, 2014, 03:22:22 pm »

Ultimately, the biggest strength of a masonry is that it's two IC's. Now that they have claimed, it's not such a terrible thing if either is nightkilled. Surely they are weakest of our power roles now.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 26, 2014, 03:24:55 pm »

Hydrad, I don't get it. In your hypothesis, I would already know who to kill, I caught the slip. It's better that everyone knows, if scum is going to know anyways, no?

It's not just a hunch. I mean, they haven't said anything, and literally everyone here is convinced anyways.

Hmm i guess your just more confident then me. Personally I'm still not 100% sure that they are masons. Is there also a chance that SK and sudgy are a scum team and  made a big mistake? Anyways if I was scum I wouldn't of assumed they were masons and still am not fully convinced. It would probably take me a claim or some more information for me to be 100% sure if they are who I should kill. So I guess thats why I sort of see it as scummy from you just because I'm not as sure if they are masons as you seem to be.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 26, 2014, 03:28:11 pm »

Vote: Hydrad

I don't think his mindset seemed to be coming from a Town perspective.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 26, 2014, 03:31:27 pm »

Ultimately, the biggest strength of a masonry is that it's two IC's. Now that they have claimed, it's not such a terrible thing if either is nightkilled. Surely they are weakest of our power roles now.

it could also be three or four ICs. (http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=C9%2B%2B#Mason_Roles)

Which begs the question, now that the cat is out of the bag, should additional masons claim if they exist? it would greatly reduce our lynch pool.

Note, I am asking for speculation on what we should do here, not people jumping out and claiming. I'm just saying if Eevee's right and they're basically ICs ... aren't more ICs better?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 26, 2014, 03:35:13 pm »

I think additional masons of the same masonry should surely claim. I don't think they are likely due to the nature of SK's softclaim.

If there is another masonry, the only thing that has changed for you guys is that you now know more of the setup. I don't know, probably don't claim yet? Not the expert on all these letters.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: M49: James Bond Mafia (Open for signups!)
« Reply #239 on: August 26, 2014, 03:48:26 pm »

VOTE COUNT 1.4

Eevee (1): Hydrad
Robz888 (3): chairs, SK, Voltaire
XerxesPraelor (1): sudgy
Hydrad (1): Witherweaver

Not Voting (7): Robz888, silverspawn, Twistedarcher, XerxesPraelor, Eevee, jotheonah, Kingzog3

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Day 1 ends at 6:00pm FT on September 2nd.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: August 26, 2014, 03:54:44 pm »

Hmm i guess your just more confident then me. Personally I'm still not 100% sure that they are masons. Is there also a chance that SK and sudgy are a scum team and  made a big mistake? Anyways if I was scum I wouldn't of assumed they were masons and still am not fully convinced. It would probably take me a claim or some more information for me to be 100% sure if they are who I should kill. So I guess thats why I sort of see it as scummy from you just because I'm not as sure if they are masons as you seem to be.

I think it's fairly certain they Masons. It's the most certain we are of anyone's roles yet, and scum team would probably choose to kill one of them. I don't see why not since it's, so far, the most informative play scum team can make. It feels scummy to deny this. And perhaps Sudgy/SK are a scum team, but that seems far less likely as a fake accidental claim seems risky as it brings so much attention to them.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 26, 2014, 04:08:30 pm »

i think we shouldn't ignore the possibility that they are a scum team who carefully planed the mason slip. of course, if we were to lynch any one of them, we would probably lynch the other one too, so it's very risky, but even still.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 26, 2014, 04:18:33 pm »

i think we shouldn't ignore the possibility that they are a scum team who carefully planed the mason slip. of course, if we were to lynch any one of them, we would probably lynch the other one too, so it's very risky, but even still.

that would just be ballsy as hell. We're looking at a maximum of three mafia members. For two of them to tie themselves together like this would be so much risk, for so little reward, it would be unfathomable.

He/him

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 26, 2014, 04:29:16 pm »

that would just be ballsy as hell. We're looking at a maximum of three mafia members. For two of them to tie themselves together like this would be so much risk, for so little reward, it would be unfathomable.

Ash would disagree!

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 26, 2014, 05:04:18 pm »

Sudgy, I'll let you make the call.

Please hurry, I'm impatient.

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

wut chairs said

Why are you so impatient SK? It's not like the deadline is any time soon.
Because they are masons and it's exciting.

Yep...  I was waiting longer, but since SK basically claimed I guess I'll have to claim now.  SK and I are masons.  I decided to be even more ridiculous to get interactions with a confirmed town (I decided that after day start, so he didn't know that), and it was going well.  Oh well.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 26, 2014, 05:08:55 pm »

It was a good plan though. Nice.

I think we've had masons claim day 1 in this setup without any accidents earlier. This really isn't the end of the world, we have two all but IC's now.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 26, 2014, 05:09:45 pm »

the small chance means that the reward can be huge though. If all of us think it's basically impossible, and we're therefore not going to lynch them ever, they just win the game.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 26, 2014, 05:10:59 pm »

the small chance means that the reward can be huge though. If all of us think it's basically impossible, and we're therefore not going to lynch them ever, they just win the game.
What are you suggesting? Lynching one of them to make sure?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 26, 2014, 05:12:47 pm »

What are you suggesting? Lynching one of them to make sure?
heavens no. just to keep in mind that they aren't 100% cleared.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 26, 2014, 05:16:23 pm »

sounds like someone's getting a little hot under the collar at the prospect of two ICs.

He/him
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 62  All

Page created in 2.61 seconds with 17 queries.