Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 51  All

Author Topic: M48: Legend of Zelda Mafia GAME OVER, SCUM WINS  (Read 110801 times)

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
Re: M48: Legend of Zelda Mafia (Day One)
« Reply #150 on: July 29, 2014, 10:58:53 pm »

People are hilarious.

One player cannot put a player at L-1, unless there are only three players in the game.  And yet, again and again, the one player who places the vote for L-1 gains heightened scrutiny for no reason.

Jimmmmm is the first instigator of this terrible policy.  EgorK joins him.  Anyone else?

I urge players to think about what is actually happening, and how things come to occur, instead of blindly reacting with the accepted norm.

Why is receiving two votes such a big deal?

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 29, 2014, 11:00:22 pm »

Ok here we go. My defense from things that have almost no basis at all.

First off i'll start by defending silvers unvote. Although this will probably make you think we are even a scum team even more I'll just let you know I have that same feeling when someone is at L-1. If they are at L-1 and we arn't supposed to lynch yet I get scared that someone might not realize that hes at L-1 and hammer by accident. Although its probably not needed as I doubt many players would make a mistake like that its definitaly a feeling i still have.

Onto my "i'm scared" post. That post litterally didn't mean anything. I wasn't actually afraid I was just responding to andrews post about why the wagon was on me. At that point I was at work so I didn't have time to make a long post but I was on break and just wanted to say something. So I just kinda made a post, I didn't intend to actually have meaning behind it and wasn't actually scared. I felt like people would understand my sarcasm but I guess it really doesn't go over well in text, especially when its a new player who you don't know how he normally communicates.

The unvoting silver post. That one I just wanted to let people know what I was doing. I found out that I vote swap at opportunist times in other games which is a super scummy trait. This is not my intention as I usually just don't have confidence in my votes and try to follow the leader until I build my confidence. I'm trying to break that habit so I wanted to let people know why I was changing my vote.

Finally the newbie post thing. This one I admit is my mistake and would probably look more towny if I ignored it but I think being 100% honest is better here. I was aware that the post sounded newbie and did try to make it sound like that. I found from other games that having that newbie feel gives off a town feeling. So I thought as this is still some of my first games I would keep that newbie meta going until it didn't work anymore. I didn't realize that after like 2 games it would already sound scummy. Part of it was an actual question though. This is my first day 1 experience with no extra information to go off of and as I can see I'm not playing it very well.

Well theres my defense to super weak claims on me and people jumping on the wagon out of nowhere.

I still see scott's jump on kinda scummy and although arche seemed scummy but I doubt scum would draw that much attention on it. ashers just feels like a normal asher thing to do so that doesn't feel scummy to me. and silver and andrew look town right now.

PPE:4
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 29, 2014, 11:03:54 pm »

Town read on Hydrad.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 29, 2014, 11:09:36 pm »

I like Ash's strategy here.

Oh you must mean ash's "put a newbie to L-1 without announcing it and then immediately accuse another newbie of being scum when he unvotes" strategy. Yeah. I like it to.

vote: ashersky
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 29, 2014, 11:09:42 pm »

I initially saw the unvote scummy, but it could also be a new player not sure how things are supposed to go.  the only game he played was a blitz, I believe.

to my defense, if I was scum, I don't believe I would have unvoted him. Instead, since it's 5am, I would have pretended to go to sleep and hope for someone else to hammer him while i'm not there. That wouldn't have been suspicious, and voting for him in the first place also didn't make me look suspicious, so overall I'd gotten a chance to lynch a town without getting in any kind of trouble myself.

what actually happened was, I read Andrews post, thought that he was right, and unvoted without considering how it would make me look like.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 29, 2014, 11:12:25 pm »

Town read on Hydrad.

Scum read on Hydrad and Jimmmm.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 29, 2014, 11:12:49 pm »

Yeahhh... what exactly was the point of that? We have more than a week to actually discuss things.

Please provide a list of these "things" which we can "discuss."

Well first of all, we haven't really heard from scott, Egor, or Robz at all, and barely anything from mail-mi, Arch, and chairs if I'm not mistaken. Is there a problem with wanting to hear from everybody in order to form reads? Is there a problem with discussing things?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 29, 2014, 11:13:09 pm »

Oh you must mean ash's "put a newbie to L-1 without announcing it and then immediately accuse another newbie of being scum when he unvotes" strategy. Yeah. I like it to.

This is a new game, you know.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 29, 2014, 11:13:27 pm »

Town read on Hydrad.

Calling scum partners this early into Day 1?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 29, 2014, 11:13:56 pm »

Yeahhh... what exactly was the point of that? We have more than a week to actually discuss things.

Well first of all, we haven't really heard from scott, Egor, or Robz at all, and barely anything from mail-mi, Arch, and chairs if I'm not mistaken. Is there a problem with wanting to hear from everybody in order to form reads? Is there a problem with discussing things?

No problem.  But you are unable to come up with these "things" you seem to think are so important.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 29, 2014, 11:14:21 pm »

Town read on Hydrad.

Calling scum partners this early into Day 1?

Scumslip?  I'm calling scum reads this early, nothing else.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 29, 2014, 11:14:46 pm »

I initially saw the unvote scummy, but it could also be a new player not sure how things are supposed to go.  the only game he played was a blitz, I believe.

to my defense, if I was scum, I don't believe I would have unvoted him. Instead, since it's 5am, I would have pretended to go to sleep and hope for someone else to hammer him while i'm not there. That wouldn't have been suspicious, and voting for him in the first place also didn't make me look suspicious, so overall I'd gotten a chance to lynch a town without getting in any kind of trouble myself.

what actually happened was, I read Andrews post, thought that he was right, and unvoted without considering how it would make me look like.

Ya the only way it really looks scummy is if I'm actually scum. Then people will see it as you being afraid to kill your partner. But since I'm town if I die it will probably make you seem more towny by a bit. It really depends on what I am to see if its a scummy or not vote.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 29, 2014, 11:14:57 pm »

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 29, 2014, 11:15:48 pm »

First off i'll start by defending silvers unvote. Although this will probably make you think we are even a scum team even more I'll just let you know I have that same feeling when someone is at L-1. If they are at L-1 and we arn't supposed to lynch yet I get scared that someone might not realize that hes at L-1 and hammer by accident. Although its probably not needed as I doubt many players would make a mistake like that its definitaly a feeling i still have.

Onto my "i'm scared" post. That post litterally didn't mean anything. I wasn't actually afraid I was just responding to andrews post about why the wagon was on me. At that point I was at work so I didn't have time to make a long post but I was on break and just wanted to say something. So I just kinda made a post, I didn't intend to actually have meaning behind it and wasn't actually scared. I felt like people would understand my sarcasm but I guess it really doesn't go over well in text, especially when its a new player who you don't know how he normally communicates.

The unvoting silver post. That one I just wanted to let people know what I was doing. I found out that I vote swap at opportunist times in other games which is a super scummy trait. This is not my intention as I usually just don't have confidence in my votes and try to follow the leader until I build my confidence. I'm trying to break that habit so I wanted to let people know why I was changing my vote.

Finally the newbie post thing. This one I admit is my mistake and would probably look more towny if I ignored it but I think being 100% honest is better here. I was aware that the post sounded newbie and did try to make it sound like that. I found from other games that having that newbie feel gives off a town feeling. So I thought as this is still some of my first games I would keep that newbie meta going until it didn't work anymore. I didn't realize that after like 2 games it would already sound scummy. Part of it was an actual question though. This is my first day 1 experience with no extra information to go off of and as I can see I'm not playing it very well.

Well theres my defense to super weak claims on me and people jumping on the wagon out of nowhere.

I still see scott's jump on kinda scummy and although arche seemed scummy but I doubt scum would draw that much attention on it. ashers just feels like a normal asher thing to do so that doesn't feel scummy to me. and silver and andrew look town right now.

Going back to this....this is crazy huge for such a nonissue so early in a game.  Scared scum for sure.  Robz will back me up.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 29, 2014, 11:16:32 pm »

Well, more, put a newbie to L-1 and see how people react.  I would think if Hydrad is town, any scum on his wagon would have gotten a bit nervous.  Scum would probably want to find a nice way to get off the wagon, though I don't think they would immediately unvote like Silverspawn did.. though maybe newscum!Silver would have.

That's the town narrative for Ash.. the scum narrative is, other than scum!Ash doing things town!Ash would do, Ash and Hydrad are partners and Ash knows that there is 0 chance that lynch is going down, and players with wagons that run up early and dissipate are less likely to be the lynch.   I'm not too hot on this theory, though.

The other scum narrative for Ash would be, don't announce the L-1, see if something stupid happens (e.g., derphammer from town), and Ash pushing for that person's mislynch tomorrow (after all, everyone already agreed they'd autolynch the hammerer).

I think the town narrative for Ash is more likely here.

PPE: 9

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: July 29, 2014, 11:16:42 pm »

Town read on silverspawn for this.

Slight scum points to ash for putting someone at L-1 without announcing.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 29, 2014, 11:17:15 pm »

People are hilarious.

One player cannot put a player at L-1, unless there are only three players in the game.  And yet, again and again, the one player who places the vote for L-1 gains heightened scrutiny for no reason.

Jimmmmm is the first instigator of this terrible policy.  EgorK joins him.  Anyone else?

I urge players to think about what is actually happening, and how things come to occur, instead of blindly reacting with the accepted norm.

Why is receiving two votes such a big deal?

Who said it was?  Both votes were annoying.  Andrew jumped in, too.  Typical anti-ash bias rearing its head.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 29, 2014, 11:17:44 pm »

Look!  A reasonable reaction!

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 29, 2014, 11:17:53 pm »

Going back to this....this is crazy huge for such a nonissue so early in a game.  Scared scum for sure.  Robz will back me up.

From his perspective, is it really a nonissue?  Hydrad is still pretty new.. I don't even know if he's ever been close to being lynched.

PPE: 2

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 29, 2014, 11:18:36 pm »

I would think if Hydrad is town, any scum on his wagon would have gotten a bit nervous.  Scum would probably want to find a nice way to get off the wagon

Why would scum be nervous about being on a wagon?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 29, 2014, 11:18:57 pm »

Ya the only way it really looks scummy is if I'm actually scum. Then people will see it as you being afraid to kill your partner. But since I'm town if I die it will probably make you seem more towny by a bit. It really depends on what I am to see if its a scummy or not vote.

I like this defense (bolded part) and I think I'm going to use it all the time now.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 29, 2014, 11:19:14 pm »

Look!  A reasonable reaction!

What's unreasonable about a vote?

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 29, 2014, 11:19:29 pm »

No problem.  But you are unable to come up with these "things" you seem to think are so important.

Nowhere did I say there are specific "things" we need to discuss. Simply that we have plenty of time for discussion and we should take advantage of that.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 29, 2014, 11:19:50 pm »

I would think if Hydrad is town, any scum on his wagon would have gotten a bit nervous.  Scum would probably want to find a nice way to get off the wagon

Why would scum be nervous about being on a wagon?

Well, I get that way when I'm scum.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 29, 2014, 11:19:53 pm »

Sorry this is actually my first time I've had to defend myself in a game. Also I don't really know how to defend on random things that aren't even close to scum tells.

Overall though I think this is town!ash the only thing keeping me slightly thinking hes scum is that he didn't announce L-1. but still I think more towny then scum

PPE:8
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 51  All

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 16 queries.